PDA

View Full Version : I Fucking Hate New Year

Shaun Ponsonby
12-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, its just bollocks, isn't it?

I may be a bit young to be a miserable old git, but youngsters get grumpy too, damnit.

You almost always end up doing something or going somewhere you don't really wanna go to please other people. When you get there, you're having a miserable time, talking to people you don't even like and looking for a way out of every conversation. You want to leave-but you can't. You have to stay at least until 12.05am purely out of politeness.

So, you decide to make the most of it. You at least pretend you're having a good time, for everyone else's benefit. Even though they're all pretending too. Because there's always one annoying person in the building who believes if people aren't having the time of their fucking lives then there's something very wrong; "We're not having enough fun! Why aren't we having more fun? We should be having more fun. According to the manual, the Funometer should at least be on 80 by now, but its only on 62. What can we do to make it go higher? MORE FUN!!"

And then the "BIG HOUR" approaches. Everyone decides to go outside. Why? Why are you going outside, you cretin? What are you expecting to happen? What are you expecting to see? NOTHING! All you experience is cold and false joy. False fucking joy. "HOORAY! HUZZAH! We now write the date with a '10' on the end rather than an '09'...and because of this all my fucking problems are solved." Except that they're not. You're still on the brink of divorce, you're 15-year-old daughter is still pregnant and you're cat is still dead.

Then people try and spread that fucking joy onto you, even though you don't want it.

"All the best."

"For what?"

"For, you know, the new year"

"Why?"

"Just because..."

"Thats not a reason, thats saying two words and then not finishing the sentence".

"Aren't you gonna wish me a Happy New Year?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Firstly, because we're essentially celebrating the fact that its now tomorrow. Secondly, because I hardly know you, but the little I've learned about you, you seem like the kind of false twat that makes me pray for the apocolypse to hurry the fuck up. By the way, did you see how that was a fully rounded answer and not just the beginning of a sentence that is never actually concluded?"

So, then, when the guy has finished smashing your face in, you stumble home...realise you had to drink yourself to death to get through the awful night and vomit all over your front step. Finally you wake up in the morning feeling like the Somme.

And thats why New Years Eve is bollocks and why I'm going to stay in and get some work done out of fucking protest.

Reverberator
12-31-2009, 01:56 PM
I agree , I hate New years eve and all of the arseholes who go to the pub once a year and fuck it all up for the rest of us.

Kristy
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Never been much of a fan of the month of January myself.

chefcraig
12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree , I hate New years eve and all of the arseholes who go to the pub once a year and fuck it all up for the rest of us.

Thank you. New Years and St. Patrick's Day are the two days a year to stay out of our local pub. New Years because of all the plastered ninnies that start drinking way too early, toast champagne at midnight and then vomit it all up at ten minutes after the hour. And St. Patty's for all of the "first time Irish" looking for green beer, who end up behaving in much the same fashion.

Naturally of course, all of these twits believe that they are sober enough to drive. :duh:

twonabomber
12-31-2009, 02:22 PM

this.

the same assholes maybe go out three times a year (NYE, St. Pat's, and their birthday) and can't handle their alcohol. i'm staying home tonight. or maybe i'll stay home and not drink, and go out driving at 1:15 am and troll some cops.

VanHalener
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
It's New Years in my pants every day so why should a plain ole' end of the month kind of day get me down?

Life is what you make it. Just be sure to make it...To Go.

OWWWWW Yeah!

Diamondjimi
12-31-2009, 03:38 PM
It's just another day to me. Although it is a good excuse to go out and get shitfaced.
Problem is finding a "D.D.". Nobody wants to stay sober at a New Yews bash and drive their drunk assed friends home @ 4 in the morning...
Gonna take it easy, sit on the couch with the 'ol lady and kids and watch movies...

Unchainme
12-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Eh, I think the most exciting part starts at like 11 am the next day, when the College football bowl games are being played.

Go Buckeyes!

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I like New Years Eve. I stay home, make myself a dirty vodka martini, get shrimp, guacamole & chips, brie in pastry and have my own little party watching a great movie I missed in the theatres. I MIGHT watch the stupid ball drop, but I enjoyed that most when my old TV station ran the local one along side of Times Square and they could never sync them up! Good for lotsa laughs.

Sometimes people come over for this sometimes they don't.

They on New Year's Day we ALWAYS had people over for a Pork and Sauerkraut dinner with sour cream mashed potatoes, asparagus, fresh baked rolls and apple pie. Football on all day, it was a great time.

chefcraig
12-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Eh, I think the most exciting part starts at like 11 am the next day, when the College football bowl games are being played.

Go Buckeyes!

Don't forget the NHL Winter Classic! :rockit2:

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Where is it this year? I remember the first one!

SparkieD
12-31-2009, 05:13 PM
I'll be so fucking glad to ditch this shit of a year and get on with what I hope will be a better one.

Watch the ball drop :biggrin: When I was a kid I'd hear people talk about it and think they actually took a gigantic fancy glass ball and literally drop it from the sky. I was so disappointed to find out otherwise. Fuck, I rarely drink, but I'd love to get plastered and watch something like that from a safe vantage point.

twonabomber
12-31-2009, 05:17 PM

it's at Fenway. the one hockey game i'll watch this year.

Shaun Ponsonby
12-31-2009, 05:26 PM
I stay home, make myself a dirty vodka martini,

I don't New Year to do that...hell, that's your average Wednesday night.

chefcraig
12-31-2009, 05:33 PM

it's at Fenway. the one hockey game i'll watch this year.

I'm with ya, twona. :biggrin:

Winter Classic (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/alinchainz-locker-room-sports-central/57516-reminder-nhls-winter-classic-january-1-a.html#post1415237)

ace diamond
12-31-2009, 05:35 PM

I may be a bit young to be a miserable old git, but youngsters get grumpy too, damnit.

You almost always end up doing something or going somewhere you don't really wanna go to please other people. When you get there, you're having a miserable time, talking to people you don't even like and looking for a way out of every conversation. You want to leave-but you can't. You have to stay at least until 12.05am purely out of politeness.

So, you decide to make the most of it. You at least pretend you're having a good time, for everyone else's benefit. Even though they're all pretending too. Because there's always one annoying person in the building who believes if people aren't having the time of their fucking lives then there's something very wrong; "We're not having enough fun! Why aren't we having more fun? We should be having more fun. According to the manual, the Funometer should at least be on 80 by now, but its only on 62. What can we do to make it go higher? MORE FUN!!"

And then the "BIG HOUR" approaches. Everyone decides to go outside. Why? Why are you going outside, you cretin? What are you expecting to happen? What are you expecting to see? NOTHING! All you experience is cold and false joy. False fucking joy. "HOORAY! HUZZAH! We now write the date with a '10' on the end rather than an '09'...and because of this all my fucking problems are solved." Except that they're not. You're still on the brink of divorce, you're 15-year-old daughter is still pregnant and you're cat is still dead.

Then people try and spread that fucking joy onto you, even though you don't want it.

"All the best."

"For what?"

"Why?"

"Just because..."

"Thats not a reason, thats saying two words and then not finishing the sentence".

"No."

"Why?"

"Firstly, because we're essentially celebrating the fact that its now tomorrow. Secondly, because I hardly know you, but the little I've learned about you, you seem like the kind of false twat that makes me pray for the apocolypse to hurry the fuck up. By the way, did you see how that was a fully rounded answer and not just the beginning of a sentence that is never actually concluded?"

So, then, when the guy has finished smashing your face in, you stumble home...realise you had to drink yourself to death to get through the awful night and vomit all over your front step. Finally you wake up in the morning feeling like the Somme.

And thats why New Years Eve is bollocks and why I'm going to stay in and get some work done out of fucking protest.

solution:
do whatever the fuck you want.
fuck everybody else.
if they don't like it, that's their problem, not yours.
i am going to go to store and get a shitload of booze and stay home getting drunk and blasting CVH!!!!!
i'll likely bbq too!!!

screw everybody else!!!

i'm gonna blast my copy of 1984 at midnight in celebration on that monumental and landmark albums 26th birthday.

fuck the doctor!!!
gimme another drink!
:gulp:

Dan
12-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Hairy Is In For 2010.:D

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't New Year to do that...hell, that's your average Wednesday night.

Yeah. It's OK. I save my crazy nights for events bigger than New Years. VH in Cleveland was one of the best nights of my life.

Reverberator
12-31-2009, 07:59 PM
I've had a good night ... got pissed very easily being as I haven't stopped all day , might have a wank in a bit ...just to round it off.

Sensible Shoes
12-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Please post that on Youtube.

FORD
12-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Pretty much the last decade has sucked, and the next one will probably suck too, so though I'll get shitfaced more than likely, what's there to celebrate?

Bono said it best 27 fucking years ago. nothing changes........

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8wecAkpkfA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8wecAkpkfA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

alexpgrimes
12-31-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm working tonight. double time makes it easier..lol

Anonymous
12-31-2009, 08:27 PM
A very lengthy but very true post.

Hear, hear!

When I was a young'in, I used to force myself to "enjoy" new year's parties because I was afraid I'd miss something.

Somehow, I never did. Would. Whatever.

Today, I just came home from my second job, working at a Japanese restaurant. Started yesterday.

Some clients celebrated there, eating all that sushi, teppan yaki, and whatnot.

Smart of them, and saved me the trouble to go to a party. Most of my good friends are working anyway.

As I write this, everybody's outside shouting for some reason. Fuck me if I know why.

Cheers! :bottle:

Reverberator
12-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Pretty much the last decade has sucked, and the next one will probably suck too, so though I'll get shitfaced more than likely, what's there to celebrate?

Bono said it best 27 fucking years ago. nothing changes........

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8wecAkpkfA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l8wecAkpkfA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

As the years pass the hopes and dreams diminish , sad but true.

Anonymous
12-31-2009, 08:32 PM

I hear ya. Sweaty, redfaced little shits, guzzling shots & puking all over the place.

I thought about going to this friend of mine's bar, but... well, Saturday everybody will be there too, and without these zit faced pricks, and 13 year old jailbaits whose tits look like they're 19 when you're sober, nevermind drunk.

Anonymous
12-31-2009, 08:34 PM

Monday of the year, innit?

chefcraig
12-31-2009, 08:47 PM
As I write this, everybody's outside shouting for some reason. Fuck me if I know why.

You should see how things are progressing here in the Land Of Nod. It's currently about 8:45 PM, and for the past two hours people have been setting off fireworks. About every 10 minutes or so, the sound of sirens fills the air as a police car, ambulance or firetruck takes to the streets to handle some awful issue.

Comcast cable has had a city-wide failure that has lasted most of the afternoon, so everyone that threw football parties are at this point not only drunk, but furious as well. I was invited to one of these deals by the owners of the house on the corner southwest of me, but I decided to decline. These kids are in their early to mid twenties, and what takes place is highly predictable. Inane conversation will progressively get louder and louder until around midnight, when someone will (intentionally or not) insult somebody else's girlfriend. A fight will break out, and the inconsolable young woman will launch into uncontrollable sobs and tears. Soon after, she'll begin screaming and after much drama, the party will slide out of control completely.

Fuck this. I believe I'll sit things out by watching some football (now that the cable is back on) or that Twilight Zone marathon running on the SyFy channel.

Cheers, indeed. :guzzle:

kwame k
12-31-2009, 09:55 PM
I guess it's all in who you hang out with....We're playing cards tonight, Cribbage and later Hold 'em. We'll do the majority of drinking/smoking here at my place and then head down to the bar, walking distance so no DD. Manitou is pretty much left to the locals now and we won't have to worry about the fucking tourists.

twonabomber
12-31-2009, 09:58 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r169/mdallas07/eddie.jpg

kwame k
12-31-2009, 10:03 PM

Well, now I'll give you a reason for liking January......it's my birth month, the 21st to be exact.

My favorite color is blue and I'm a 32" waist 34" length, in case you needed gift ideas:)

hambon4lif
12-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I'll be so fucking glad to ditch this shit of a year and get on with what I hope will be a better one.

Watch the ball drop :biggrin: When I was a kid I'd hear people talk about it and think they actually took a gigantic fancy glass ball and literally drop it from the sky. I was so disappointed to find out otherwise. Fuck, I rarely drink, but I'd love to get plastered and watch something like that from a safe vantage point.This may turn out to be a 'collecters item' of a post, but I am in complete and total agreeance with you. 2009 sucked a large diseased cark! '09 was one of those years you have to endure, as opposed to just party through and have a good time.
It's like the world collectively pulled the emergency brake on the good times and veered from the roadkill in the fucking road. This was a disastrous and horrific year, and I'll raise my glass and toast to the fact that it's fucking GONE!

2009....a fucked-up year in American history, and just an all-around dark fuck of a year.

Kiss My Ass And Fuck Yourself '09.....couldn't happen to a better fucking year than this one!

......To Twenty-Ten,
To Better Days,
Cheers!

kwame k
12-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Come to think of it....it was the best of times and the worst of times;)

Got divorced after 2 years of a pure hell separation. Walked away from everything just to shut the bitch up. Kept all my musical stuff and my outdoor gear.

Moved to Colorado with my clothes, Jeep and a Laptop.....After my cousin caught her hubby cheating on her she divorced him and left Colorado. I moved to Manitou Springs on the day she felt and didn't know a soul here.

Fast forward to now....8 of my neighbors and I hang out all the time. Best people I have met in a long time. We party, jam, rock climb, mountain bike, fish, hike, camp and BBQ constantly.

So what could of been a long and lonely year really turned into one of the best.

hambon4lif
12-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Then I raise my glass to you (as well as others) who have endured the darkness, and have seen the next chapter of their life start to form.

This was not an easy year to live through, but we fuckin' made it!! It didn't kill us, much to the dismay of all of those that were sick fucks to even wish that on us, and we have endured. So FUCK THEM!!! Let Karma do its business, and let's start enjoying better times....

Let's have a Roth'N'Roll 2010!!!!

chefcraig
12-31-2009, 11:26 PM
And fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

By the way, it's 11:22 here, and the spectacular displays of aerial fireworks commenced roughly 20 minutes ago. It appears that the populace of this area has seriously misjudged the time on the clock by being simply too beer/narcotic-filled to notice, as the celebration of the new year has already begun.

Dan
12-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Happy Fucking New Year To All Of The Good Looking Peeps At The Roth Army.:D

Dan
12-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Count-Down Please.......10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2................... .......................1.:D

chefcraig
01-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh, crap...here it comes. Duck under the furniture.

Dan
01-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Cheers.:bottle:

thome
01-01-2010, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=chefcraig;1415313]And fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

QUOTE]

Hey and a fukk u 2 u too

It does matter cause this is where I am.

Rock and Roll Bitchezz

Happy Fook'n

chefcraig
01-01-2010, 12:16 AM
As for the irresponsible dorks in your neighborhood who have been getting fried and then baked for the past several hours, that now wish to engage weapons or fireworks...

Josey Wales: "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. Anyone gets hit, sing out. Slap iron to it. It's the fastest way to stop the bleeding..."

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3277/joseywalesq.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/joseywalesq.jpg/)

Dan
01-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Please post that on Youtube.

You Want To See Mr Rev Wank Off On Youtube?

How Rude.:D

BTW.......Let Me Find It For You.:hitch:

thome
01-01-2010, 12:19 AM
You -MUST- pay attention to the right side of the snow bank all the while paying most of your concentrated thought to the left side..one slip and then you understand the wisdom of the ice.

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Well, happy New Year to everyone on the East Coast!

Here is what I fucking hate about New Year's these days.

DirecTV (at least) moves the fucking New Years countdown so that the ALL of the New Year's eve countdowns on whatever channel they are on occur at Midnight. Doesn't make sense?

I always dug watching the Times Square thing on TV. Even though midnight EST was only 11 PM CST. I hate watching a New Years Countdown that is not live.

It is as if they are lying to everyone. No, DICK CLARK MUMBLED THE FUCKING COUNTDOWN 16 FUCKING MINUTES AGO AT 11PM CST, BUT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO SHOW IT HAPPENING FOR ANOTHER 44 MINUTES! :mad:

The Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve already happened. I want to see that show LIVE.
They ought to choose a major city in each time zone and broadcast a New Year's Eve countdown program for that particular time zone. At least it would be live then.

But no, the viewership has no say in the matter. Oh well.

Here's to the continued stupidity of the program directors of the networks who decided to do this crap.

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Just tuned in to the Dick Clark show. It says LIVE FROM NYC. It is not fucking live.
Fucking dipshits. :lmao:

Oh well. I am going to sit inside my screen door with my dog and listen to WWII start in a couple of minutes. Fireworks always trip him out.

Happy 2010! :D

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Ok that's enuff. Supposed to be Dick Clark's New Year's ROCKING Eve, but where in the fuck is the ROCK? Just a bunch of fucking raptards. Time to change the channel.

Ally_Kat
01-01-2010, 01:51 AM
The only thing good about New Year's is the Honeymooners marathon in NYC.

GAR
01-01-2010, 05:22 AM
this.

The same assholes maybe go out three times a year (nye, st. Pat's, and their birthday) and can't handle their alcohol. I'm staying home tonight. Or maybe i'll stay home and not drink, and go out driving at 1:15 am and troll some cops.

hahahaa~!!

Coyote
01-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Well, Happy 2010, Folks.

I should've called that gal instead of hitting the local bars last night... :pullinghair:

Sensible Shoes
01-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Come to think of it....it was the best of times and the worst of times;)

Boy I second that. 5 years post divorce, I take what I think is a better job out of state. Get laid off six months later and had to sell my house to keep from going bankrupt. ( at least I sold it!) Living with friends. Have to place 3 of my dogs because I can't take care of them anymore. Then I pretty much lose my mind. Last week, my 15 year old van gave up the ghost. Very humbling, if not kneecapping, year.

While all of this is going on, my friend decides one of my Irish Setters has "it" and should be shown in the big leagues. She pays for all of it - and the dog rockets to the top - ending up in the top of the rankings in spite of only showing 9 months of the year. Once in a lifetime, dreams come true, all that stuff.

So 2010 will be about putting the personal side of life back together. Starting with taking a few classes, and a job search for something I can do without killing myself. And the dog will continue kicking ass and taking names.

Yes 2009, you SUCKED in a huge way. And in smaller ways, did not. I am not sorry to see you go.

hideyoursheep
01-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Ok that's enuff. Supposed to be Dick Clark's New Year's ROCKING Eve, but where in the fuck is the ROCK? Just a bunch of fucking raptards. Time to change the channel.

ESPN usually has someone jumping over something on some type of motorized vehicle the past few New Years.

Guy Lombardo was cool in a "Rat Pack" kinda way. This shit today sucks elephant balls.

Gotta get my football on...

Oh yeah...Happy New Year!:band::theband::hpone:

Sensible Shoes
01-01-2010, 09:27 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcLMH8pwusw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcLMH8pwusw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My mother sent this to me. Watch the guy in the blue suit.

twonabomber
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Last week, my 15 year old van gave up the ghost.

not the Urban Assault Vehicle...

hey, at least it got us to Montreal.

Sensible Shoes
01-01-2010, 10:33 AM
not the Urban Assault Vehicle...

hey, at least it got us to Montreal.

Yeah, it has the SECOND radiator in one year, now needs brakes and stopped producing heat. Just don't know if it's worth dumping any more money in it. And somebody has lent me a car.

Back on track for the thread - I actually woke up for midnight - had the basketball game going on TNT (what the hell) and the sportscasters did some kind of ball drop that got screwed up - noisy enough it woke me up enough to say "Happy New year" to the dogs and go back to sleep.

twonabomber
01-01-2010, 10:48 AM
probably the heater core, and on a van i'm sure that's a real treat to fix. i gave up on one i was trying to replace, by then i had the Jeep and didn't really care if i got it done or not.

didn't know there was a game on or i probably would have watched it. around midnight i backed the car out of the bubble and let it run for 15 minutes...and put it right back.

standin
01-01-2010, 11:24 AM
not a bad night. The weather cleared and I was able to see the Blue moon. A once in a 19 year event, which happened on New Years Eve at the fall of the decade. I pulled in my parking spot at home as all the firecrackers were going off. I was like, well it must be midnight and the new year. I am thrilled to been able to be share the Blue moonlight, but it was the people that were the most interesting this year's new years eve. The stark contrasts was a little enlightening.
Happy New year!

ZahZoo
01-01-2010, 11:52 AM
this.

the same assholes maybe go out three times a year (NYE, St. Pat's, and their birthday) and can't handle their alcohol. i'm staying home tonight. or maybe i'll stay home and not drink, and go out driving at 1:15 am and troll some cops.

Yep... amatuer night for drunk drivers. Good time to stay off the roads.

binnie
01-01-2010, 01:11 PM
New Year can be fun if you're around family - if you're at some party surrounded by a lot of people you don't really know, chances are it'll be an anti-climax.

The mindless drinking was a lot of fun when I was single mind........

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I got ripped last night. Bought a 2-liter of Dr. Pepper. Far cry from my days as a 20-year-old drunk.

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-01-2010, 05:04 PM
hahahaa~!!

funny yes.

happy new year hun.:)

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I have pretty much done the same thing on New Years for the last 35 years. Ski New Year's eve. Sit in the hot tub. Hit the bars and participate in debauchery. Before I was married I chased ass hoping to take it home or go to her home. Sleep the next day hopefully not up with dry heaves and puking.

Nitro Express
01-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Times Square looks more like Red Square or Tianamen Square these days. Who wants to party around snipers, riot police, secret police, and homeland security?

Seshmeister
01-01-2010, 10:20 PM
this.

I hate the part time amateur drinkers too. The worst one here is the Friday before Xmas with all the drunk idiots in suits.

As far as New Year goes to be honest it's usually a bit of an anticlimax. In Scotland it's a really big thing, historically Xmas didn't used to be a holiday but New Year was. To this day we get 2 public holidays on the 1st and 2nd to recover. :)

I can understand where Shaun is coming from. I spent one New Year in England in a place called Bracknell and it was horrendous.

All that said we had a fucking great party here this year at my house with 40 of my closest pals and their kids.

I think it's taken literally 20 years to work out how to deal with this night of the year we finally got it just right.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Times Square looks more like Red Square or Tianamen Square these days. Who wants to party around snipers, riot police, secret police, and homeland security?

Yeah my pal went there a couple of years ago and said it was a total fucking misery.

Repeated searches and no booze.

Another total win for Al Queda and fuckwit bureaucrats.

Why not just drape a fucking 1000 foot banner from the Empire State Building saying 'You Win! We give in.'

It's a disgrace...

twonabomber
01-01-2010, 11:18 PM

and then you're crammed into little corrals. i look at those pics and literally squirm.

GAR
01-02-2010, 02:08 AM
All that said we had a fucking great party here this year at my house with 40 of my closest pals and their kids.

I think it's taken literally 20 years to work out how to deal with this night of the year we finally got it just right.

Checked the silvers' not missing?

Nitro Express
01-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Yeah my pal went there a couple of years ago and said it was a total fucking misery.

Another total win for Al Queda and fuckwit bureaucrats.

Why not just drape a fucking 1000 foot banner from the Empire State Building saying 'You Win! We give in.'

It's a disgrace...

I went to Times Square in 1981 and it was a real scummy sleaze fest. It was interesting then. I was a minor and they sold me porn no problemo. It was a kid's paradise! Now they have MTV, McDonald's, and corporate this and that and smothering security and rules. No fun.

VanHalener
01-02-2010, 05:02 AM
OK, I found something about new years that I hate.

My Grandmother passed away at 2:30am January 1, 2010.:angel10:

That's all I got to say about that

Rest in Peace Grandma
:cato2::daisy::cato2:

standin
01-02-2010, 11:24 AM
New years morning twilight is a great time to go to reward.
Prayers for your Grandma.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/2879378062_f79449670c_m.jpg

Diamondjimi
01-02-2010, 12:00 PM

Rest in Peace Grandma

Sorry to hear that.
My condolences to you and your family..

Seshmeister
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
New years morning twilight is a great time to go to reward.

I think if you check the label you'll find that your medication says 'Do not mix with alcohol'.:)

Susie Q
01-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear that.
My condolences to you and your family..

I second that..

Susie Q
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM
This thread was a interesting read. I review 2009, and I am glad it's 2010. I haven't been out to celebrate a New Years Eve in prolly 15 years or MORE. There is nothing magical about another year passing, nothing poignant. I just hope 2010 is a lot less dysfunctional than the last year.

Seshmeister
01-02-2010, 05:02 PM
I hope we get a happier avatar from you this year.

You look as though you have just found a shit in your handbag in the current one... :)

GAR
01-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Letssee, what did I do for New Years?

Had an early dinner about 6 at El Torito, got in fulla mexican food then crashed out till the fireworks woke us up. So we got up and played cards.

I think we turned the TV on once, but only to check that Dick Clark was still alive.. however this year is going to be a nonstopper on up to next new years' so I'm relishing the quiet stuff right now.

VAiN
01-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I just hope 2010 is a lot less dysfunctional than the last year.

Same here... 2009 was brutal for me as well... from work slowing down to a crawl and the break-up of a 4-year relationship... FUCK 2009! NEXT!

GAR
01-02-2010, 05:05 PM

You look as though you have just found a shit in your handbag in the current one... :)

Miss Q looks like she's TAKING a shit - and I have to ask: how long does it take for that babyarm to pass it's way outta there Suzy? Cuz it's been a year already..

Susie Q
01-02-2010, 05:10 PM

Yah...that's the definite way I would describe 2009...lol, that's for sure! :P:biggrin:

Susie Q
01-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Miss Q looks like she's TAKING a shit - and I have to ask: how long does it take for that babyarm to pass it's way outta there Suzy? Cuz it's been a year already..

Forevah! :tongue0011::hee:

Reverberator
01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
I think she's larvelly.

GAR
01-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Q you are stellar.. hope this year makes up for last!

Little Texan
01-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Same here... 2009 was brutal for me as well... from work slowing down to a crawl and the break-up of a 4-year relationship... FUCK 2009! NEXT!

I think 2009 was brutal for everyone, me included. It was just a suckass year all around. If this economy ever gets going again and people get back to work and have plenty of extra money in their pockets to spend then 2010 could be a much different story.

Little Texan
01-02-2010, 07:00 PM

I kinda like the pouty look she has in that picture. She is a lovely looking lady, regardless.

Dan
01-03-2010, 01:54 AM

Rest in Peace Grandma

Sorry To Hear About Your Grandma,JD.:(

ace diamond
01-03-2010, 03:26 AM
Oh, crap...here it comes. Duck under the furniture.

yeah, same here.
people here were fucking shoot all manner of guns into the air at midnight on the dot.

my girlfriend and i were out on my patio, as soon as i heard the first shot,
i grabbed her and told her to get in the fucking house and lay down on the
floor and i was right by her.
i don't have anything to hide under other than my roof.
turns out to be a good thing too, because i heard a few or the bullets hitting the roof.
we were out to see the blue moon and have a glass of champaign.....
but left the bottle in the freezer too long.
so beer it was instead.
drank the champaign last night though.
under the blue moon, and without the bullets flying.

i hate that aspect of new years.

i don't know why these idiots here in the inland empire think it's cool to shoot into the air.

they seem to have either forgotten or never learned sir isaac newton's 1st
law of gravity..........
"what goes up must come down"

well, those bullets coming down can do some damage and can kill.

mythbusters proved this possible.

ace diamond
01-03-2010, 03:38 AM

Rest in Peace Grandma

that sucks.
sorry for your loss, john.

standin
01-03-2010, 03:38 AM
You know Ace, if I do nothing but teach people to shoot their bullets into the soft ground, it would have been a good life.
Please when you get a chance "shoot hell, the devil don't mind"
HNY~Oo

Angel
01-03-2010, 08:56 AM
2009 was actually a good year for me. 2010 even started out good. Able to spend time with my long-distance love, heading off to the mountains on NY day. Only to get a call in the middle of the night that my girlfriends brother had been found dead... If this is any indication as to the type of year it will be - it's going to be a roller coaster....

ELVIS
01-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Stellar is a stupid word...

Sensible Shoes
01-03-2010, 02:45 PM

Rest in Peace Grandma

So sorry - definitely not a great way to start the year.

Shaun Ponsonby
01-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Stellar is a stupid word...

Depends on the context.

EG-

The phrase "pass me a bottle of Stella from the fridge" is an often used phrase round these parts.

Terry
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM

"All the best."

"For what?"

"Why?"

"Just because..."

"No."

"Why?"

Agreed 100%...

...but have a Happy New Year anyway!;)

UK ROCKER
01-04-2010, 08:41 PM

"All the best."

"For what?"

"Why?"

"Just because..."

"No."

"Why?"

Well I had a good night out here WELCOME TO THE VICTORIA BIKERS PUB WEBSITE (http://www.vicbikerspub.co.uk/main1.htm)

Good music, cheap beer,

If you are every in the area pop in

Happy New Year Shaun

Shaun Ponsonby
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Well I had a good night out here WELCOME TO THE VICTORIA BIKERS PUB WEBSITE (http://www.vicbikerspub.co.uk/main1.htm)

Good music, cheap beer,

If you are every in the area pop in

Happy New Year Shaun

Ha!

I would, but hanging with bikers would make me stick out like a swollen testicle. And not in a good way.

Seshmeister
01-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I have biker friends but I avoid ever drinking with more than one at a time.

Listening to talk about camshaft sprocket brackets all night is incredibly uninteresting...