PDA

View Full Version : Three Stooges Film Festival On AMC Channel right now

Hardrock69
01-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Guess they been running it all afternoon and evening.

Looks like they are gonna be running Three Stooges short features until 5 AM.

Matt White
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Not sure how this got missed....except maybe so many people watched it......

FUCKING BRILLIANT.....

So many GRATE shorts...

my all time fav???

the "ORIGINAL", OSCAR NOMINATED, from 1934....MEN IN BLACK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep3yF0M_v2k&feature=related

Susie Q
01-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I did catch some of the stooges when it was on. This is one of my favorite episodes...

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pk2vgsg2H4g"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pk2vgsg2H4g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Igosplut
01-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Curly makes one ugly broad.

I want to say the blond singer is Moe's wife. She acted in a lot of the shorts...

Coyote
01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Here. Have one on me... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfGWPpPy0uw)

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Guess they been running it all afternoon and evening.

Looks like they are gonna be running Three Stooges short features until 5 AM.

i wish i had a tv.the last one gary brot home was one of them big floor model jobs.way to big to fit in the van.we dint use it because it didnt run off a battery.

ThrillsNSpills
01-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Curly makes one ugly broad.

I want to say the blond singer is Moe's wife. She acted in a lot of the shorts...

I think Moe's wife was named Mabel.
The blond is Christine McIntyre. I'm not 100% though. It's been a while since I studied Stooge history.

Igosplut
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll have to look for the book I have written by Moe Horowitz. He describes all the shorts where his wife appeared, and a lot of back round.

Trivia question: Who was the punk rocker that frequently visited Larry Fine when he was in the screen actors guild rest home and helped him to speak again (after a stroke)??

ThrillsNSpills
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I'll have to look for the book I have written by Moe Horowitz. He describes all the shorts where his wife appeared, and a lot of back round.

Trivia question: Who was the punk rocker that frequently visited Larry Fine when he was in the screen actors guild rest home and helped him to speak again (after a stroke)??

Moe's wife was Helen, not Mabel, it has been a while.

Punk rocker? I have no clue. Sid Vicious?

Diamondjimi
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM

Ron Asheton of The Stooges?!

Igosplut
01-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Did you actually know that, or did you GARgle it??

If I'm remembering the story correctly, Ron went out with Larry's niece and she took him over the first time to see him. Even after they broke up, Rod continued to visit Larry and after a while he went most everyday. Larry had a bad stroke, and could hardly talk. Ron worked with him and got most of his speech back. The nurses would praise him because his family was mostly absent..

Diamondjimi
01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I knew it from reading this massive 3 Stooges bio I got years ago..
Kind of ironic a "stooge' lookin after a "stooge".....

Hardrock69
01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I tuned in just as they were trying to drag the block of ice up the steps outdoors.

Fucking classic! :D

Hardrock69
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
My Pal Moe

Like most twelve year-old boys, I had been a big fan of The Three Stooges since I first saw them poking, gouging and slapping each other around like live action cartoons. Late one evening in the summer of 1968, my mother awakened me to tell me that my heroes were on television. They were guests on the Joey Bishop Show, a late night talk show on ABC that ran opposite the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. A little groggy, I staggered to the television surprised to see the familiar trio throwing pies and creating mayhem. I noticed that they had aged a little since the old black and white films I was familiar with, but I was glad to know that they were still performing.

Now that I knew they were still going strong, I was anxious to know when I could see them on television again. One way to find out, I figured, was to write them and ask. Soon after writing a letter simply addressed to The Three Stooges - Hollywood, California, I received an answer in the mail. This letter was special. It was handwritten and from the head Stooge himself, Moe Howard.
The letter was appreciative, but matter-of-fact stating when I could expect to see them on television again. I could hardly believe that I had received a personal letter from one of my favorite movie stars. I was so proud. I could hardly wait to show it to my summer baseball buddies and friends from school. But when I did, many of them tried to tell me that someone as important and busy as Moe did not have time to answer fan letters. Instead, they insisted, the letter must have been written by someone who worked for him. I refused to believe that and continued to write.

I figured if Moe answered the first letter, he just might answer a second. Twenty-eight letters later during the summer of 1973, I had the special opportunity to finally meet my famous pen pal. After graduating from high school in May of that year, a friend of mine named Bill Janin*, and I decided to take a road trip to California that summer. Hoping for an outside chance to meet Moe, I wrote and told him of my plans. I soon received a reply suggesting that I call when I arrived in Los Angeles. If he were in town, Moe said in his letter, he would be glad to arrange a meeting. Needless to say, I was soon on my way to California.

Read the rest (with personal photos ) here:

Moe Howard and The Three Stooges (http://web2.airmail.net/willdogs/)

Igosplut
01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
That's a really great story.