PDA

View Full Version : Joe Paterno's eventual replacement?

POJO_Risin
01-01-2010, 02:46 PM
As I sit here watching crazy-ass Joe Paterno on the sidelines...I have to wonder who the ultimate replacement would be for the old guy.

Will Penn St. go out and hire a big time name...which they could certainly do...

Or...

Will they go with an alumni or current coach...such as Tom Bradley or Al Golden, who has somehow turned Temple into a winner...

Or...

is JoePa ensuring his son, Jay Paterno takes over the team?

I think it's coming...not this year...but perhaps after he rolls out 400 wins...next season...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Bradley, but not shocked if it ended up being his son.....

Whenever it comes, can't be soon enough for you though, right ?? That old man will haunt your dreams, my friend....

POJO_Risin
01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Ummm...huh?

POJO_Risin
01-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Mike McQueary sure seems vocal on the sidelines...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Ummm...huh?

Oh come on Poj, you've been waiting for him to retire for 10 years now....

POJO_Risin
01-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Oh come on Poj, you've been waiting for him to retire for 10 years now....

I'm sure if you think really...really hard Va...you can figure out why I preach crazy-ass Joe-Pa's retirement here at the Army...

The weekend at JoePa's meanderings over the years have been my special gift...

Not to mention how easy JoePa made it the year he nearly shit his pants...threw up...and chased down every ref...

Hell..today, the crotchety bastard accosted Erin Andrews, then stopped in the middle of the freakin' band...

This thread...actually was more of a curiosity thing than anything else...I actually do wonder who will take over the program...

If he retired this year...I think Golden would be THE top candidate...it just depends on how much say JoePa has in it...which I think will be a lot.

I think it could be Jay...if a guy like Galen Hall and Bradley would stay on...

Of course...I'm sure there is likely something already in place. You have to wonder though..Golden has pulled himself out of several discussions over the years with regards to UCLA and some other clubs...

But he's a defensive guy....I don't know how you go with Golden over Bradley, especially the way that D plays...