PDA

View Full Version : 75 Years...................

thome
01-08-2010, 10:19 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/slJStMTUUNw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/slJStMTUUNw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anonymous
01-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Still the best... of all the singers out there, very few can be quite as good - if any - but none has surpassed him.

There's a man who deserved so much more than what he had.

If he wasn't so naive, he might very well have been alive today.

Cheers! :bottle:

Panamark
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
So he would be 75 today, had he not passed away ??

Wow, I was only just at his house last week....

Spooky, he was definately the King, I was actually
surprised at how big he was. (As in height) all those
fancy jump suits he wore looked like he was a
much taller dude than I had imagined.

RIP ELVIS
TCB !

thome
01-08-2010, 11:35 PM
There was something there.

Something to where it didn't matter who was in the background.

All eyes were center stage.

All musicians have it.

I had his casette of the International Hotel gig in 1970 and a job where I drove all across the country alone..83 and 84 let me tell you at 3 a.m. tooling thru this country ...I had every verse memorized out the window at the top of my lungs.

Deffinately worthy of praise the man is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOzaVpgeHJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FOzaVpgeHJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
01-08-2010, 11:39 PM
There's a man who deserved so much more than what he had.

WTF?

He was hardly an undiscovered genius.

Anonymous
01-08-2010, 11:47 PM
WTF?

He was hardly an undiscovered genius.

Well, yeah, I'm talking about his last years, don't take it out of context.

If only he hadn't been surrounded by the leeches that kept him in another world, he just MAY have noticed what he became in his last years, and done something about it.

That's what I meant, that's what he deserved.

Unfortunately, he was apparently too naive too perceive what was going on around him...

Seshmeister
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Noone forced him to wash down his amphetamines with 20 burgers a day. :)

Anonymous
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Although, looking now at what I wrote on both posts, I can easily be misunderstood.

Unfortunately, I cannot express myself any clearer, because everything in in a haze, I'm too sleepy.

I'm so sleepy in fact, that I'm feeling the same way as when I'm mildly drunk.

I'm outta here.

Anonymous
01-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Noone forced him to wash down his amphetamines with 20 burgers a day. :)

No, he wasn't forced... but noone took them out of his hands, either.

If those pricks hadn't isolated him from the rest of the world the way they did, someone might have done something about it.

And The King could still be performing today, with the Rolling Stones as support act.

tell me you wouldn't pay for that show?

Seshmeister
01-09-2010, 12:23 AM
And The King could still be performing today, with the Rolling Stones as support act.

tell me you wouldn't pay for that show?

OK I wouldn't pay for that show. :)

Panamark
01-09-2010, 12:23 AM
I didnt know he smoked until I saw his house. There is a photo of
him on a motorbike with Lisa Marie as a little girl with a lit ciggie
hanging out the corner of his mouth as they were riding around.
Add smoking to all that other crap and Its kinda amazing he made
it halfway.....

Panamark
01-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Someone call me a CAB ! :)

Seshmeister
01-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Greedy cunt with the world at his feet eats himself to death whilst stuffing down the drugs.

Cry me a fucking river...

thome
01-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Greedy cunt with the world at his feet eats himself to death whilst stuffing down the drugs.

Cry me a fucking river...

He did everything wrong and also at the same time did everything rite.

Why don't you go be king.

no harsh i'm just say'n

Dan
01-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Mind (1970)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTYg2Q-vDJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTYg2Q-vDJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great Song.

Dan
01-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Elvis Presley - Love me tender

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XA1w90_UpY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XA1w90_UpY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dan
01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto ( That's The Way It Is 1970)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qWcW1or6Q-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qWcW1or6Q-w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Panamark
01-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Im kinda on the fence here, I love a lot of ELVIS's music, but
its hard to feel sorry for him directly, he killed himself.

I can understand people missing his magic though.

Suspiscous Minds is fookin awesome DTM !

What about "Im Evil" ... Elvis here introduced
me to that one...

Dan
01-09-2010, 02:20 AM
This One?

Elvis - Adam And Evil.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PY7pPgcd888&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PY7pPgcd888&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Panamark
01-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Nup... thats not it

Its a rarity, very cool.. shall try and dig it up.....

Panamark
01-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Here tis !

Its actually called "Trouble" but I seem to recall the version our
Elvis showed me was a lot heavier than this... But you can get the idea

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DiZlG_ln8ko&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DiZlG_ln8ko&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FORD
01-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Here's a heavier version of that.... by the "evil Elvis"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR1w7A4Sb4c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR1w7A4Sb4c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Elvis Presley - Suspicious Mind (1970)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTYg2Q-vDJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTYg2Q-vDJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great Song.

They had this show on TV last night....

Can't remember which song it was, but Elvis just jumped into the crowd, kissing every girl that came up to him... No security, no nothing....

Amazing...

I'm always torn between Elvis and Sinatra for the greatest male singer, depends on what mood I'm in....

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Elvis was just as big a freakshow as Michael Jackson if you account for the "inflation" of weirdnesses over time.

thome
01-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Elvis was just as big a freakshow as Michael Jackson if you account for the "inflation" of weirdnesses over time.

'Cause he got fat and od'd one night...?

You compare him with uncle feelie...?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Gained weight and had an addition to prescription medication...

Wait a second, is Elvis really Rush Limbaugh ?? ;)

I agree with Thome though (for the first time ever, I believe), comparing Elvis to Jacko is simply not accurate....

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 12:34 PM
'Cause he got fat and od'd one night...?

You compare him with uncle feelie...?

Pedophile may be the ONLY thing you can't hang on Elvis - there are PLENTY of other comparisons - and if you don't know them you haven't read the background.

78/84 guy
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Elvis is still the king !!

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Well there's one.

Graceland/Neverland

Sexual perversion

Bizarre spending habits

wives they didn't have sex with

Jackson marries Elvis' daughter?

One becomes obsessed with his appearance to the point of mutilation, the other lets his go so bad he's unrecognizable

both die of drug overdoses.

Hell, no. No comparisons

FORD
01-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Pedophile may be the ONLY thing you can't hang on Elvis .

Well.... actually, he did bring Priscilla home from Germany with him when she was only 14. Though supposedly their relationship was only platonic until she turned 18. Draw your own conclusions. I'd rather not believe something like that about the King, but facts are facts.....

thome
01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Well there's one.

Graceland/Neverland

Graceland was a house with a horse barn on it not a amusement park to attract little boys

Sexual perversion

Elvis loved women and was with Priscilla (sp) for 14 years and as I feel never stopped loving her or Lisa and never used his family to promote insanity to achieve press to feed his ego.

Bizarre spending habits

What??? Elvis bought cadillacs he gave to friends...? MJ bought things to seduce children

wives they didn't have sex with

I have no idea what this means...?

Jackson marries Elvis' daughter?

I still think she did this only to protect the Elvis catalogue from being bought by MJ and his lawyers

One becomes obsessed with his appearance to the point of mutilation, the other lets his go so bad he's unrecognizable

He Elvis just looked like a dude who loved life and was into partying and having a good time and perhaps was letting his demons get the better of him for once, we all do that at some point in our lives. MJ looked like a sadists who was into butchering himself for money, and attention.

both die of drug overdoses.

[B]Not exactly similar B]

Hell, no. No comparisons

I read a biography of Elvis back in 83 and know exactly what he was doing and what he wasn't.

Both of these performers were great influences musically to the whole world, but the Elvis catalogue and movies and charitable comparisons far outweigh the MJ by miles.

There is no comparison.

One was labled the king of rock and roll and the other named himself the king of pop.

thome
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I cannot find this yet but I heard the Elvis estate and whatever they are lisa and Priscilla were creating a box set of -ALL- of Elvis's recorded music, everything,,,

There is going to be over 700 songs on this thing....

Granted it is for money, but still I wouldn't mind owning this .

Who has a guess on the price....

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Well there's one.

Graceland

Have you ever been to Graceland ??

I tell ya, I was shocked for how small it was, it's not really any kind of a "mansion" that you might expect looking from the outside....

Guitar Shark
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Have you ever been to Graceland ??

I tell ya, I was shocked for how small it was, it's not really any kind of a "mansion" that you might expect looking from the outside....

I have been there and I agree. It was an unusual house, but not "opulent" in the sense that you might expect.

Fairwrning
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
I remember the day he died like it was yesterday. My mother cried like a baby. He even had a show scheduled here in Roanoke about a week or 2 later..I dont think anybody returned their tickets.

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
There's another comparison between them - Elvis fanatics and MJ fanatics react exactly the same way when you point out that the two were extremely strange rangers made that way by fame and overindulgence.

Worship whoever you want. I worship VH so who am I to talk.

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
i read a biography of elvis back in 83 and know exactly what he was doing and what he wasn't.

lmao.

thome
01-09-2010, 06:31 PM
There's another comparison between them - Elvis fanatics and MJ fanatics react exactly the same way when you point out that the two were extremely strange rangers made that way by fame and overindulgence.

Worship whoever you want. I worship VH so who am I to talk.

Worship, is what 12 year olds do, and I don't.

If you can't seperate the man from the myth I guess that is cool.

The only thing I am fanatical about is ciggarettes.

If Elvis wanted to end his life that was his business.

Elvis had a good heart towards others very rare anywhere.

That is all I see.

If you want to group people who find him interesting, with pedos and every junkie that ever died I cannot stop that.

I can see your dislike for dudes who live thier lives without your aproval.

chefcraig
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
One of the many odd things about celebrity is the way that people have a tendency to project their own issues onto a performer that appears to personify them. I don't claim to be above doing so, as I have no sympathy for Michael Jackson when it comes to the area of abuse, having endured it myself as a kid.

I know this to be irrational behavior, yet I believe it to be a part of human nature. Yes, people do forget to separate the artist's work from the artist's public (or disclosed private) behavior. Maybe this is because some are too close to the subject at hand to adequately see the forest for the trees. The thing is, some people will see only what they choose to see. And there is nothing wrong with that, until this perception crosses the line to the point of condemning others for their perceptions.

If you do or don't appreciate a performer for personal reasons, more power to ya. But attempting to change people's minds and attitudes about things is a fool's errand. For instance if someone supports the Dallas Cowboys, there is no way a Redskins fan will convince them that their team blows, no matter how forceful (or insulting) the argument may be. In the end it's a pointless waste of time. Then again, it certainly serves the purpose of message boards.

thome
01-09-2010, 07:34 PM
One of the many odd things about celebrity is the way that people have a tendency to project their own issues onto a performer that appears to personify them. I don't claim to be above doing so, as I have no sympathy for Michael Jackson when it comes to the area of abuse, having endured it myself as a kid.

I know this to be irrational behavior, yet I believe it to be a part of human nature. Yes, people do forget to separate the artist's work from the artist's public (or disclosed private) behavior. Maybe this is because some are too close to the subject at hand to adequately see the forest for the trees. The thing is, some people will see only what they choose to see. And there is nothing wrong with that, until this perception crosses the line to the point of condemning others for their perceptions.

If you do or don't appreciate a performer for personal reasons, more power to ya. But attempting to change people's minds and attitudes about things is a fool's errand. For instance if someone supports the Dallas Cowboys, there is no way a Redskins fan will convince them that their team blows, no matter how forceful (or insulting) the argument may be. In the end it's a pointless waste of time. Then again, it certainly serves the purpose of message boards.

Good Post CC.

Are you trying to say people put onto others false ideals based on thier own perceptions and stereotypes..?

Ideals and stereotypes that twist ones perceptions and comparisons to similarly related concepts that direct and determine thier concepts of reality.

If so, yeah I see alot of that in the media.

Panamark
01-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Sexless marriage to Priscilla ???

So who is Lisa Maries Real Father, Shoes ????

Germaine Jackson ????

kwame k
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Germaine Jackson ????

Are you that clueless, Mark?

Everyone knows it was Tito;)

Panamark
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Agree with all that Graceland was small, but it had a fun feel to it..
Like Elvis would be thinking, fuckit, lets just put three tv's in a row
in this room.. Lets chuck a pinball machine here.. etc etc..
I love how some dude tried a trick shot on the pool table and
ripped the cloth and they just left it that way....

Im wondering if they opened up the entire house (as you are not permitted
upstairs) if it would make the place feel bigger.
I had a blast there, so many interesting historical rock and roll
items to look at, at every turn.

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Worship, is what 12 year olds do, and I don't.

OK you're just a big fan.

If you can't seperate the man from the myth I guess that is cool.

All we know of the man IS the myth and that's true of any celebrity!

The only thing I am fanatical about is ciggarettes.

A good thing to be fanatical about

If Elvis wanted to end his life that was his business.

Same with Jacko

Elvis had a good heart towards others very rare anywhere.

You don't know that. You assume it

That is all I see.

That's fine you want to like him. I don't have to

If you want to group people who find him interesting, with pedos and every junkie that ever died I cannot stop that.

Back up the wagon - how did I equate any elvis fan with a pedo and junkie?

I can see your dislike for dudes who live thier lives without your aproval.

Now THAT is downright funny. Course you can't know that because you don't know me personally, but the fact I am a fan of Dave should certainly tell you otherwise.

You assume criticism in what I wrote. I just see strong similarities between the two very larger than life personalities - and in many lesser known "rockstars", huge movie stars, and people who live a life of celebrity and privilege. Fame ruins people for the most part.

But I will stand by this to the day I die - I don't agree with WHY either "king" was a mega star, and I strongly dislike the music from either one of them with a few occasional exceptions

Panamark
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Are you that clueless, Mark?

Everyone knows it was Tito;)

Maybe it was Michael :eek:

kwame k
01-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe it was Michael :eek:
:biggrin: After I posted I thought the same thing. That would make more sense, from MJ's point of view:)

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Germaine Jackson ????

OK Panamark. I will go look up the quotes from Priscilla that say he became totally disinterested in her. And from the Ginger chick. You're right I shouldn't be stating these things from memory.

Panamark
01-09-2010, 07:53 PM
:biggrin: After I posted I thought the same thing. That would make more sense, from MJ's point of view:)
That would totally fit into his whole mindset and sexual perversions...
Thats actually a little to spooky to contemplate.

kwame k
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
OK Panamark. I will go look up the quotes from Priscilla that say he became totally disinterested in her. And from the Ginger chick. You're right I shouldn't be stating these things from memory.

No Shoes, you're right about the Priscilla thing.....If I remember correctly, it was after Lisa was born, Elvis didn't want anything to do with her.....kinda a mother complex, maybe. As far as the last chick he was with, the Hee Haw chick, by then he was too drugged up to get it up.

kwame k
01-09-2010, 07:55 PM
That would totally fit into his whole mindset and sexual perversions...
Thats actually a little to spooky to contemplate.

No shit, Marky........we're getting into Andy Taylor territory, there:barf:

standin
01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
In that Nuwaubian pedo mentality, sounds about right from joe jackson's son. :drive:

Panamark
01-09-2010, 08:00 PM

Well he must have driven little Elvis into Priscilla's V-jay jay at some point ???

Sensible Shoes
01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes of course. But MJ also claimed he had sex with his first wife at least. And remember, I try to go off quote from the individuals involved - not from 3rd party info.

I'm talking about similarities, not matching personalities. And remember, I said you have to account for the times surrounding each weird person. MJ's weirdnesses were much more public than Elvis's - and MJ could get away with stuff that Elvis could never have because it was 20 years later!

It comes down to this for me. I don't like either of them because they were damned strange. And I don't like the style of music either put out. You wanna like 'em - go ahead. But as total packages, I don't care for either.

standin
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Of course an artist and their personal lives should be separated, right?

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek5blgiYoQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ek5blgiYoQg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Panamark
01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
If you are referring to Debbie Rowe, (The nurse who fathered MJ's
children) she claims she was inseminated with his sperm.
No contact at all.

Yes of course. But MJ also claimed he had sex with his first wife at least. And remember, I try to go off quote from the individuals involved - not from 3rd party info.

I'm talking about similarities, not matching personalities. And remember, I said you have to account for the times surrounding each weird person. MJ's weirdnesses were much more public than Elvis's - and MJ could get away with stuff that Elvis could never have because it was 20 years later!

It comes down to this for me. I don't like either of them because they were damned strange. And I don't like the style of music either put out. You wanna like 'em - go ahead. But as total packages, I don't care for either.

Panamark
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM

But you would have to recognize we would not have the music we like
today if Elvis didnt come out of nowhere, do you at least respect that ??

Panamark
01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
OT- and just for you Shoes, our Doggie picked up another Best of Breed
last night... lol...

chefcraig
01-09-2010, 08:24 PM
No contact at all.

Think about it, Mark: Name one woman that would be willing to admit that she had slept with MJ. That's the kind of info most people would wish to keep off of their resume. In fact, I'm surprised she didn't claim she got it from a toilet seat.

kwame k
01-09-2010, 08:32 PM
....and if a woman did admit it....he'd make a song like this about her.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zi_XLOBDo_Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zi_XLOBDo_Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Panamark
01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Think about it, Mark: Name one woman that would be willing to admit that she had slept with MJ. That's the kind of info most people would wish to keep off of their resume. In fact, I'm surprised she didn't claim she got it from a toilet seat.

:biggrin:
Maybe thats what actually happened. She was his ex Nurse. Perhaps
MJ had been diddling his peeper over a childrens undwear catalog
in the crapper and Nurse Rowe took a piss straight after ????

chefcraig
01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
....and if a women did admit it....he'd make a song like this about her.

The chorus of which is probably the first and last time the guy was telling the truth in a song. :biggrin:

Dan
01-09-2010, 08:41 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:D:D:D

chefcraig
01-09-2010, 08:44 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XV0FengENBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XV0FengENBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

standin
01-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Holy jamoly, that sounds awful.
The mix is bad, the solo dry, the drums tinny, and the voice disinterested.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2010, 10:28 PM
No Shoes, you're right about the Priscilla thing.....If I remember correctly, it was after Lisa was born, Elvis didn't want anything to do with her.....

Which is unreal... She's done several interviews this week with his birthday... She's 65 now, and still looks out-fucking-standing....

FORD
01-09-2010, 11:32 PM
As far as Graceland goes, Elvis' original intention was to buy that house "for his mama" since the Presleys were pretty damn poor before Elvis became the King of Rock n Roll.

Sadly Gladys Presley didn't live much longer after that. Elvis rented a mansion in Hollywood for his 60's movies, but Graceland wasn't really his permanent residence until the late 60s.

Sensible Shoes
01-10-2010, 08:23 AM
No contact at all.

That's what she says. HE claims it was actual sex - during all the death celebration shit - they replayed the Barbara Walters interview and I heard it from his own lips.

Point being, he was likely not interested in sex with women although he said differently. She says they had no contact.

Elvis never talked about it. According to Priscilla, they went for years before the consumated the relationship, had sex for a while, had Lisa Marie, then rarely had sex again.

I'm not saying Elvis was gay. I'm just point out that you have two mega celebrities here with issues who found different ways to have children. Another example of how fame screws with you. And you can also point out that not having sex is the state of many marriages in the world, not just those of celebrities.

I just think all these folks who are thrust into the limelight have an extremely hard time dealing with life.

Sensible Shoes
01-10-2010, 08:26 AM
OT- and just for you Shoes, our Doggie picked up another Best of Breed
last night... lol...

Well done! (like that aussie-ese I've learned?) Where are the shows - I bet all my buds are there.

We won the sporting group in California again but did not go Best in Show. One more today.

Are you on Facebook? You could see EMily's fan page that way.

FORD
01-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Another one from the "Evil Elvis".... sounds like he was watching the 68 comeback special right before this show.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NAOdeq0aE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NAOdeq0aE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>