PDA

View Full Version : Yet another TV-series turned into a new movie....

Coyote
01-10-2010, 04:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-rVRCPhF51Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-rVRCPhF51Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shaun Ponsonby
01-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Jesus H. Christ.

They're just running out of new ideas, aren't they?

After this there'll be ANOTHER Adam Sandler film that is too stupid to be funny, ANOTHER film about the end of the world and ANOTHER old movie franchise resurrected to disappointing results...

Hurray for Hollywood's Second Golden Age. :rolleyes:

Dan
01-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Sweet As.:D

binnie
01-10-2010, 01:34 PM
This will be shit. No question.

Hollywood is on its ass right now - how come we have so much great TV but so many shit American movies?

It's a good thing that European and Asian cinema is flourishing.....

Mr Badguy
01-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I dunno.

It doesn`t look as bad as "Starsky and Hutch" or "The Dukes of Hazzard".

But just like them, in ten years people will only remember the TV show with any affection.

The problem with these reboots is that people who are old enough to remember the originals love them for what they were and youngsters don`t care, so you`re fucked before you start.

chefcraig
01-10-2010, 04:45 PM
The problem with these reboots is that people who are old enough to remember the originals love them for what they were and youngsters don`t care, so you`re fucked before you start.

Which opens up the new version to taking absurd liberties with not only the characters, but any relation to the original show's premise. Wild, Wild West or Dragnet, anyone? :puking-smiley:

High Life Man
01-10-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't know...I'm kind of looking forward to this.

Neeson was pretty bad ass in "Taken".

Shaun Ponsonby
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
how come we have so much great TV but so many shit American movies?

Because HBO don't do cinema.

Maybe they should.

ace diamond
01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
must they fucking ruin everything?
fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kwame k
01-13-2010, 02:17 AM
I dunno.

It doesn`t look as bad as "Starsky and Hutch" or "The Dukes of Hazzard".

But just like them, in ten years people will only remember the TV show with any affection.

Fucking nailed it, dude.

hideyoursheep
01-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Rampage needs to get back into the cage...unless there's a demand for Mr.T impersonators. I don't think Rocky III is gonna get re-done anytime soon, so.....

Mr Badguy
01-13-2010, 07:42 PM
So are they Gulf war vets now or what?

Seshmeister
01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Accused of a waterboarding they didn't commit?