PDA

View Full Version : Most Prolific Ghost - New Hendrix Album Coming

ZahZoo
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Get ready to re-experience Jimi Hendrix with new album

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2010/01/11/hendrixx.jpg

Valleys of Neptune: Out March 9, it features previously unreleased music.

By Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY

Nearly 40 years after his death, Jimi Hendrix remains not only rock's most iconic and influential guitarist but perhaps its most prolific ghost.
Valleys of Neptune, containing a dozen previously unreleased studio tracks recorded mostly in 1969, arrives March 9 to kick off Sony/Legacy's massive reissue campaign.

The legend's 11th studio album — the eighth to be issued posthumously and first since 1980 — boasts his Experience trio's final studio recordings, his earliest sessions with bassist Billy Cox and the long-shelved Mr. Bad Luck, intended for 1968's Axis: Bold as Love.

Also included is a frenzied Fire, the long-coveted title track (out globally Feb. 2), a sprawling cover of Cream's Sunshine of Your Love and such retooled originals as Lover Man, Red House and Crying Blue Rain. Throughout, Hendrix displays confidence, humor, spontaneity and his trademark virtuosity as he undergoes a shift from psychedelia and unbridled soloing to R&B structures.

"It's wonderfully fresh material," says longtime Hendrix engineer Eddie Kramer, who originally recorded, and newly mixed, the Neptune tracks, employing high-tech digital and analog gear to cleanse the audio. "You hear the pure essence of the band, an in-your-face vibrancy. There were only four tracks and no overdubs, with Jimi singing as if he's in a concert. He's at the top of his game."

Just as 2009's Beatles reissues ignited sales across generations, Neptune and the upgraded Hendrix catalog are expected to lure rock fans of all ages. The March 9 batch includes deluxe editions of Are You Experienced, Axis, Electric Ladyland and First Rays of the New Rising Sun, each with a bonus DVD documentary.

"We're going to generate a ton of excitement about Hendrix," predicts Adam Block, senior vice president of Legacy Recordings. "Today we experience Hendrix on rock radio, movies, soundtracks, TV. That really reflects the timelessness of this material. And beyond the recordings, there's the spirit of Jimi and what he represents: uncompromising originality. That's so rare, and you can't underestimate how that contributes to his current relevance."

Hendrix left a wealth of pristine studio and live tapes.

"There's a strong vault, a lot of live stuff, that we have yet to tap into," says Kramer, marveling at what the storied ax man might have achieved had he not died in 1970 at age 27.

"I'm sure he would have incorporated the past and hip-hop and dance and all the modern technology. He would have gone into symphonic jazz with a huge horn section. He'd be a huge force."

Well, more huge.

Hardrock69
01-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Though none of the tracks on the album are new to me (I have them all), I will buy this simply to get them in pristine form direct from the master.

That said, I love the fact that they do not mention Janie Hendrix at all in that press release.

In other press releases about this, though, she continues to refer to herself as Jimi's "sister", even though she is not a blood relative of anyone in the Hendrix family, and has done everything she can to prevent those who ARE blood relatives from receiving any money from the hundreds of millions of dollars the estate has generated.
Her sole goal is to mine the estate for all it is worth simply to pad her fucking bank account.

Jimi would be incredibly angry if he were to find out how she has treated his brother Leon.

I hope someday she gets in a bad car accident and can do nothing but shit her diapers for the rest of her life while making weird grunting sounds from her wheelchair. :mad:

Kristy
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Hendrix left a wealth of pristine studio and live tapes.

Yeah, enough material to keep a ponce like Kramer happy for years by grave robbing his former employer. There has been what, an estimated 150 albums released posthumously since 1971 of Hendrix's "wealth of material" and most of it, even by die-hard Hendrix fans is considered to be horrible. Hendrix himself would never allow for his studio noodling/experimentation to released as a full feature album yet this doesn't stop Kramer or Hendrix's family from capitalizing on the man's genius for their own personal greed.

And all these stupid labels horrendously slapped on like "Valley Of Neptune" "South Saturn Delta" goes to show how uncreative a thief can be. Now it's "Legacy Series" as if Kramer took a pay cut from exploiting Hendrix so they an make it look like this album is actually legit. For fuck's sake the man has been dead for 40 years leave the memory of Hendrix when he was Hendrix alone.

ZahZoo
01-12-2010, 04:05 PM
A few facts for you Ms Angry Kristy...

There's only been 8 studio records released posthumusly plus 12 of the experimental/bootleg materials released from Dagger Records.

Jimi died in 1970.

Kramer is contracted by Hendrix LLC to produce this material. Frankly there's no one better since he collaborated and recorded most of the studio work Jimi did from 67-70. I think Kramer's done an excellent job on all the Hendrix releases.

"Valley Of Neptune" & "South Saturn Delta" are actual song names that Jimi created when this stuff was originally recorded.

You can call it greed but I'm damn happy all of this material is being released from my favorite guitar player. So some people are making a living out of it... pretty normal for icons of our time.

78/84 guy
01-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm in, as long as some new studio session guy isn't redoing the drums and adding keyboards (A.k.a. Alan Douglas, Voodoo Soup) Jimi was untouchable as a guitarist !! Including Eddie !! He came close. Johnny B Goode on the live Jimi plays Berkeley is everything the guitar should be.

Kristy
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
There's only been 8 studio records released posthumusly plus 12 of the experimental/bootleg materials released from Dagger Records.

Kramer is contracted by Hendrix LLC to produce this material. Frankly there's no one better since he collaborated and recorded most of the studio work Jimi did from 67-70. I think Kramer's done an excellent job on all the Hendrix releases.

"Valley Of Neptune" & "South Saturn Delta" are actual song names that Jimi created when this stuff was originally recorded.

You can call it greed.

That's arguable. There have been many records containing Hendrix material (whether it was good or not) that have been released. Most have been recycled "greatest hits" packages. Some may stem from haphazard studio noodling or it's possible they're not really Hendrix playing on them but a bunch of studio clones who can sound like him. Either way, this shit is being released in his name.

And I do call it greed (or gave robbing). Ever wonder why Kramer sat on this stuff for years? Maybe he couldn't market it due to the lack of technology at the time to correct what must be a lot of studio mistakes. Doesn't matter to me if Jimi collaborated with Kramer or Daniel Lanois the point is if Hendrix were alive today I'm sure he would not want this material released no matter if he named it or not. Whenever I see a new Hendrix recording I'm always suspect who is behind it and why. Of course Kramer's name is there simply because he told no one about these tapes for decades until his lawyers told there were loopholes that he could legally publish them. He's been going to the bank on Hendrix's fame for years.

I'm not angry or putting you down for having an interest but I for one being another huge Hendrix fan am more content letting the man's legacy, memory and talent be. I don't need to hear any more outtakes or noodling because not a damn thing on this record could possibly sound as terrific as 'The Wind Cries Mary' in the wee wee hours of a warm summer night.

Hardrock69
01-13-2010, 04:07 AM
That much may be true, but I am fan enough that I WANT this stuff direct from the masters. And I want all I can get. I have a lot of absolutely incredible stuff that I would never have heard of I were to rely solely on the "official" releases.

And no, Eddie Kramer has never "released" anything. When he was asked to work on stuff (like some of the first posthumous releases like Crash Landing) he did help out.

But eventually he refused to work on some of the crap Alan Douglas (that fucker) was releasing, as that shit WAS literally a bunch of shit put together by splicing together unrelated jams to create "songs".

And when the major labels began to release stuff on CD in the early 80s, he had engineered and/or mastered most of that. Collections like Radio One, and the Winterland CD, The Jimi hendrix Concerts, etc.

He has a track record unparalleled in the music industry (just go to wikipedia and look at all the albums he has engineered/produced SINCE Hendrix), so he has never been hurting for income, even without working on anything related to Jimi.

If you want to bitch about cash-grabs, direct your wrath towards Janie Hendrix. She spends more time publicizing her lawsuits against people than she does publicizing Jimi's music.

I have well over 100 CDs of studio stuff, much of it amazing quality for being bootleg, and I have at least 100 live shows on CD, as well as 10 DVDs of bootleg video in addition to 12 officially released DVDs.

Granted, a lot of the studio stuff is just jamming, or stuff like 30 takes of a single song, but so fucking what? If he were still alive, I would have had 40 years worth of official releases to draw from, but since he died in 1970, I have to make do with what I can get.

It is pretty certain that at least 95% of all the stuff in their vaults is stuff I have or have heard. It is so rare to find something I have not heard yet, so the best I can do now is upgrade the material I have. Last year I got a bunch of absolutely mind-blowing stuff he recorded at Olympic Studios in 1967 with the Experience (Mitch and Noel). Shocked the fuck out of me when I heard it.

Again, if I were to rely only on official releases, I would be missing out on a LOT of stuff the public is unaware of.

Janie (the cunt) Hendrix is sitting on what they have, so to make the cash cow survive as long as possible. Note they are not only going to release the new album, they are going to reissue all of the previous studio titles (the four REAL titles) AGAIN with bonus DVDs.

Anything to get the consumer to buy the same fucking things yet AGAIN. :mad:

Just when interest in Jimi might be on the downside....

"HEY! LET'S RELEASE ALL THE OLD CRAP AGAIN! AND WE CAN INCLUDE A NIFTY NEW BOOKLET WITH A BUNCH OF SHIT WRITTEN BY SOME FUCKING MORON WHO NEVER EVEN SAW JIMI PLAY LIVE! OOOOOOOH AND WE CAN INCLUDE A NIFTY LOOKING GUITAR PICK! AND A STRAP! AND SOME OTHER FUCKING GEW-GAWS TO IMPRESS GULLIBLE PEOPLE AND MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY SO JANIE CAN PAY HER BOYTOYS TO LICK HER ASSHOLE!"

I suppose someday when I have graduated to a blu-ray player, if they release the official DVDs (Monterrey, Woodstock, Berkeley, Isle Of Wight and Band Of Gypsys) on blu-ray I will upgrade then. Life is a never-ending upgrade. :D

There is SO MUCH VIDEO that has not been released yet. Much as I hate Janie making money off of Jimi, while denying that Jimi's REAL family any of it, at least Experience Hendrix LLC (despite Janie's fucking bullshit) ARE releasing new stuff.

I am hoping they got the original film negatives for the Royal Albert Hall concert so they could actually release a concert video without all the stupid fucking crap that was inserted in the original film. But that remains to be seen.

For an example of good unreleased video, there is a lot of great footage of his performances at the Newport Pop Festival, where he was jamming with an all-star band, like this here:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ieFRhnLqMvY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ieFRhnLqMvY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Do a search on youtube, and you can find many more clips from the Newport festival. I REALLY want this to be released officially, so I can have a copy without the fucking timecode in the middle of the screen! :mad:

There is footage of several shows in Europe from early 1969, just prior to the Royal Albert Hall show. There is a a video (NOT film) of a JHE FULL SHOW in Dallas that was shot by the owner of the venue. Just after Jimi died, he approached Warner Brothers and offered to sell it to them, but they told him they were not interested, and the footage has never been seen since. Nobody knows where it is.

One great discovery was when they were working on releasing the remastered Woodstock DVD. They discovered that a student from a college near Woodstock had borrowed the college's Sony black and white video camera and videotaped the entire set from the side of the stage. He was able to meet Jimi a few days after the show and showed the video to him. Then he took it home and it sat in his closet collecting dust for the next 28 years. It wound up as a bonus DVD in the Woodstock release a few years back called "A Second Look".

So there is still stuff out there waiting to be unearthed, in addition to what Experience Hendrix has. The problem is, they will not say what they have. The general statement is always "we have a lot of film and audio recordings" but they never tell anyone what they actually have.

Oh well.

Could be worse. In fact, if Al Hendrix had not won his legal battle for control over the estate in the mid-90s, I would say there is an awful lot of stuff we might never hear or see by The Master.

ZahZoo
01-13-2010, 08:36 AM
That's arguable. There have been many records containing Hendrix material (whether it was good or not) that have been released. Most have been recycled "greatest hits" packages. Some may stem from haphazard studio noodling or it's possible they're not really Hendrix playing on them but a bunch of studio clones who can sound like him. Either way, this shit is being released in his name.

I think you are confusing former Hendrix producer Alan Douglas with Hendrix's recording engineer Eddie Kramer.

It was Douglas that sat on the studio masters for years following Jimi's death. He was also the idiot that took masters and studio musicians and attempted to "finish" several songs that were released on Crash Landing, Midnight Lightning and Nine to the Universe. Of his better output he did produce the Blues compilation, Voodoo Soup and the Essential Hendrix series.

It was Douglas who finially turned over all the Master tapes to Jimi's dad, Al Hendrix in 1995 once the courts had ruled in Al's favor for Jimi's estate. Al then contracted with Kramer to inventory all the material and produce the releases since 1995. Shortly after this many people started coming forward with master copies of material they had stashed but feared it would end up in Douglas' greedy hands...

Satan
01-13-2010, 12:06 PM
If only you guys could hear the stuff Jimi's done after 1970. That would really blow your minds. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

Kristy
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
It was Douglas that sat on the studio masters for years following Jimi's death. He was also the idiot that took masters and studio musicians and attempted to "finish" several songs that were released on Crash Landing, Midnight Lightning and Nine to the Universe. Of his better output he did produce the Blues compilation, Voodoo Soup and the Essential Hendrix series.

I sit corrected then. :0

But how did they get these tapes out of the hands of Douglas? What I've read about Jimi is that he was constantly touring non stop from 67 to his death and between stops he spent all of his time in the studio playing out the ideas in his head before he lost them. So I take it much of these recordings was reference material to Jimi in that he could go back and re-listen to what he recorded and see if he wanted to expound or dispel them which is why I believe he would have never wanted this material released.

I know Hendrix made a lot of bad business decisions in his brief career from being ripped-off by mangers to signing bad record deals so he could have signed away the rights to this material because I was always amazed just how many records were posthumously released using his name.

allmusic ((( Jimi Hendrix > Discography > Compilations ))) (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=JIMI|HENDRIX&sql=11:hnfexqr5ldte~T21)

ZahZoo
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
It was part of the court ruling when Al Hendrix won control of Jimi's estate and all rights to Jimi's music, image, etc...

Alan Douglas worked for Warner/Reprise records and it was the record company that used legal loopholes and the poor contracts Jimi had signed to retain rights on most of his recorded materials. Jimi's former manager Mike Jeffries is another thief that ripped off Jimi extensively before and after his death.

The cool thing about Hendrix is he would not just record scratch copies of jams... the man literally spent every minute possible in recording studios creating his art. He had pretty much cart-blanche in NY and LA for studio time and Jimi took full advantage of it. Sadly he only got to use his studio Electric Ladyland for a little over a month before he died.

VanHalenFan5150
01-13-2010, 07:10 PM
A few facts for you Ms Angry Kristy...

Jimi died in 1970.

You can call it greed but I'm damn happy all of this material is being released from my favorite guitar player. So some people are making a living out of it... pretty normal for icons of our time.

I agree entirely! :biggrin:

Terry
01-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Though none of the tracks on the album are new to me (I have them all), I will buy this simply to get them in pristine form direct from the master.

That said, I love the fact that they do not mention Janie Hendrix at all in that press release.

In other press releases about this, though, she continues to refer to herself as Jimi's "sister", even though she is not a blood relative of anyone in the Hendrix family, and has done everything she can to prevent those who ARE blood relatives from receiving any money from the hundreds of millions of dollars the estate has generated.
Her sole goal is to mine the estate for all it is worth simply to pad her fucking bank account.

Jimi would be incredibly angry if he were to find out how she has treated his brother Leon.

I hope someday she gets in a bad car accident and can do nothing but shit her diapers for the rest of her life while making weird grunting sounds from her wheelchair. :mad:

Leon getting shafted from the Hendrix estate was pretty cruel. The last time Hendrix visited Seattle in 1970, he reportedly came back disgusted because his father, Al, and Al's new wife kept asking Jimi throughout the visit if he had amended his will to include them.

I may or may not get this new release; it's only the comments of Eddie Kramer that provide assurance there will be an acceptable amount of quality involved.

I will say that, whatever misgivings I have about the brusque way Janie (who, you are right, is a "Hendrix" strictly by acquisition of the name via marriage) has cut out actual blood relatives, since the Experience Hendrix company has been founded they HAVE had a strong eye and ear for quality. Unlike, say, all those Alan Douglas releases of the 1970s, which were little more than picking at a carcass.

Hardrock69
01-14-2010, 01:38 AM
You got it.

Yeah, Al kept asking Hendrix for money once he got famous. Jimi was pretty disgusted with it. Al used to beat his ass when he was a kid. It was not the best father-son relationship.

And Jimi actually had more than just a month to use Electric Lady studios. The "official" grand opening bash was August 26th. The last 'recording' session he was on was just a few days before. But Studio A become operational enough for him to begin recording by June 8. So he at least got in about 2 1/2 months. As it was, the studio needed to make money to pay for it's construction, so the staff began booking outside clients. There were a few times Jimi had to leave because there were outside bookings and it infuriated him. His opinion was that it was HIS studio and having to leave so others could use it was defeating the purpose of owning it.

Alan Douglas really pulled some fucking bullshit in the 70s, that is for sure.

Mr Badguy
01-14-2010, 04:05 PM
This is slightly off subject, but I`ll ask as we`ve got some Hendrix officianados here.

Alan Douglas's last release "Voodoo Soup" contains a 'previously unreleased' track called "The new rising sun".

I realised he must have named it himself and I have heard bits of it on the "Crash Landing" track "Captain Coconut" (alias "MLK").

Was this really recorded by Hendrix or did Douglas get Jeff Mirinov or some other impersonator to dub it?

Hardrock69
01-15-2010, 04:26 AM
The actual song with that title was originally known as "Land Of The New Rising Sun Overture". Hendrix was playing it live throughout 1970, and can be heard on the Rainbow Bridge DVD.

Here is the actual deal concerning the version on Voodoo Soup. It WAS Hendrix on guitar, but it was overdubbed by Jack Douglas's studio hack cocksuckers.

Here is the lowdown.

That original track was recorded Wednesday, Oct. 23, 1968 at TTG Studios in L.A., with Jimi playing guitar and drums.

The original version did not have Noel Redding on bass. 2 takes were recorded that day, with the second one being considered the master. It was originally 9 minutes long, but by the time the track "New Rising Sun" made it to Voodoo Soup, (which only had pieces of the original track) it was only clocking in at 3:21.

Parts of the original "New Rising Sun Overture" were considered and rejected for use in the film Rainbow Bridge and it's soundtrack album, which was not comprised solely of material from July 30, 1970 in Hawaii (the concert on the film) but it also had a track from Berkeley, May 30, 1970, as well as various studio tracks.

But I digress.

The original track was reviewed February, 22, 1971 by Electric Lady engineer John Jansen for the possible use on the Rainbow Bridge soundtrack album, but what Jansen ended up doing was varying the speed of the track and using just a piece of it for an experimental composite master he was creating. He is to blame for this to begin with. This composite creation also featured bits and pieces recorded at other studios in New York (The Hit Factory, and The Record Plant, in addition to Electric Lady).

Later in 1974, after Alan Douglas assumed control of the Hendrix tape library, the track was overdubbed by drummer Allen Schwartzberg, and percussionist Jimmy Maeulen.
Four of the tracks on the original 16-track TTG recording were drum tracks played by Jimi himself. So that goddamnable fuck Jack Douglas erased the original drum tracks to have fucking worthless bastard studio musicians play what he wanted.

Douglas then edited the track, renamed it Captain Coconut, and released it on the posthumous album issued in 1975 called "Crash Landing".

In 1994, he reconfigured the song somehow and included it on Voodoo Soup. I actually do not have Voodoo Soup. Imagine that haha...I am downloading it tomorrow since I realized now I do not have it. Once Experience Hendrix LLC came into existence, they deleted it from the catalog....(Voodoo Soup is widely seen as a blashpemy release). I can compare the tracks and let you know what differences I find.

SO....in sum, it was never a 'real' Hendrix composition. Fucking John Jansen and Alan Douglas created a fucking track out of totally unrelated bits and pieces and got a couple of jackoff losers to do overdubs of drums and percussion. I could see Jansen doing something like this just for personal amusement, but then to have such a thing released as an official track is inexcusable.

Those worthless cocksuckers should be beat with a big ugly stick. The drummer and percussionist as well. Anyone who consents to play on a goddamned bullshit track like that, which was being passed off as an actual Hendrix composition is nothing but a fucking musical whore with no integrity whatsoever and should be thrown in front of a train.

There. That's how it all went down. :D

I have (back to the original topic) numerous takes of the title track of this new CD. I just listened to 6 takes which are actually rehearsal takes where Jimi is teaching Billy how to play the song, which was actually called "Valleys Of Neptune Arising", and am listening to 5 final takes from the same time frame as the one on the new album (Sept. 24, 1969), though only one of these takes has a bass track. It is only 2:51 in length, while the others are almost 6 minutes long.

Looking at the actual track listing of the album which can be seen at the link below, I have got every song on here already, though I am sure the quality will suck compared to properly mixed and mastered versions.

http://classicrock.about.com/b/2010/01/12/whole-lotta-hendrix-goin-on.htm

As I said, the new album will be a nice upgrade to my collection. :D

Thus endeth the lecture. ;)

Hardrock69
01-19-2010, 09:37 PM
You guys wanna hear something that will tear your mind apart?

Get the Dagger Records release "Hear My Music".

DAGGER RECORDS : Official Jimi Hendrix Bootleg Recordings (www.daggerrecords.com) (http://www.daggerrecords.com/disc7.html)

You can hear bits and pieces of the tracks at the link above.

It is all instrumental, but has a fucking mind-blowing version of Star-Spangled Banner (more intense and fiery than the Woodstock version, though not as "stately"), and some absolutely smoldering/radioactive atomic-bomb level fucking jams, many of which were recorded in London in early 1969. One jam clocks in at 17 minutes plus, another at 10 minutes, most of them being well over 5 minutes.

VERY MUCH WORTH OWNING.

Demonstrates Jimi when he still had that fire, and the Experience had it as well.

Terry
01-20-2010, 10:07 PM
You got it.

Yeah, Al kept asking Hendrix for money once he got famous. Jimi was pretty disgusted with it. Al used to beat his ass when he was a kid. It was not the best father-son relationship.

And Jimi actually had more than just a month to use Electric Lady studios. The "official" grand opening bash was August 26th. The last 'recording' session he was on was just a few days before. But Studio A become operational enough for him to begin recording by June 8. So he at least got in about 2 1/2 months. As it was, the studio needed to make money to pay for it's construction, so the staff began booking outside clients. There were a few times Jimi had to leave because there were outside bookings and it infuriated him. His opinion was that it was HIS studio and having to leave so others could use it was defeating the purpose of owning it.

Alan Douglas really pulled some fucking bullshit in the 70s, that is for sure.

Reportedly, Hendrix was recording at times to the point of exhaustion after Studio A became operational. Throughout the summer of 1970, the Experience Mark 2 (Hendrix, Mitchell, Cox) would try to gig on the weekends, thus making time available during the week for Hendrix to record as often as he wanted or could.

There are stories about him overdubbing Room Full Of Mirrors, and being so fucked up from sheer overwork that he was suffering spasms and tremors, and a couple of his minders had to actually go into the studio, pry the guitar from his hands and force him to lay down and get some rest.

Anything post-Electric Ladyland I kind of look at as icing applied by a different baker than the one who made the bulk of the cake. Like, First Rays Of The New Rising Sun, from what I've read, was fairly true to the basic tracks that Hendrix had managed to lay down. However, with the vast bulk of the posthumous releases there was overdubbing and mixing (to varying degrees) that took place after Hendrix died, so one can't really say these are TRULY representative of what he would have wanted them to sound like.

Pretty prolific artist, nonetheless.

Mr Badguy
01-21-2010, 06:55 AM
I still don`t understand why they overdubbed Buddy Miles drums on "Stepping stone" and "Room full of mirrors".

It was sanctioned by Hendrix, but IMO Mitch Mitchell wasn't playing as good as he had been or the new material didn`t suit his style.

Alan Douglas getting that guy from The Knack to redo them again was unforgivable.

I don`t get it, Hendrix fans want the tapes unaltered and that has to be your target market for any album so why piss them off?

kissfan1976
01-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Cool, I'll be picking up the new cd & deluxe Are You Experinced.