PDA

View Full Version : I hate American Idol.

Unchainme
01-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Can't stand this shit that gets pushed every year from Rupert Murdoch. Trotting out every year is this shitty ass excuse of a show that makes it a goal of finding the next "music" superstar..which pretty much translate to whomever the most 12 year old girls, joe thunder and steve savicki find the cutest. And no, it doesn't just stick to one channel at one time slot, for months on end you get subjected to some lame brain dj's and local anchormen and women talking this show up.

And worst yet, I guess Simon Cowel is subjecting america to more of the same complete and utter shit with "The X-factor", which I assume is the same damn show under a different wrapper.

I cannot wait until this shit is over.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Funny...

I always assumed you were Adam Lambert.

:gulp:

Unchainme
01-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Funny...

I always assumed you were Adam Lambert.

Dick. :biggrin:

Auctually word is, I recall on another site (Something Awful) claimed that his whole deal was simply to troll the entire country by singing terrible and looking like a culture club/poison reject.

LoungeMachine
01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Dick. :biggrin:

Auctually word is, I recall on another site (Something Awful) claimed that his whole deal was simply to troll the entire country by singing terrible and looking like a culture club/poison reject.

No, that was kwame.

easy mistake

Terry
01-16-2010, 09:35 PM
It's pretty much like Star Search...minus the talent and Johnny Carson's drunk sidekick.

I dunno. Find I just don't give much of a shit about contemporary pop culture anymore.

I can certainly see why TMZ-style journalism has become so popular; the offstage/offcamera lives of today's celebrities, while nothing unique or spectacular, are far more interesting than the records/tv shows/movies they are involved with.

SilvioDante
01-17-2010, 07:51 AM
My biggest problem with the show (and there are many) is that ever since Bo Bice was on, they pick some complete tool every year, like Chris Daughtry, and anoint him "the rocker". Then he goes out and does karaoke versions, and bad ones I may add, of great rock tunes. At this point I have to explain to my kids that the AI version sucks, that ain't rock and roll, and how that show is actually killing rock and roll.

It is a vicious cycle....

Panamark
01-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Australian Idol sucks too....

Dunno if its the same, but the winners dont receive any
royalties from album 1, which of course is the only
one that ever generates sales. They sign away this
right to Sony/bmg to participate.

One ex contestant just spilled the beans here,,,,,,

Bit of a Rort if you ask me.

Nitro Express
01-18-2010, 12:04 AM
What do I get if a break into the American Idol studios with a flame thrower and take care of business?

hideyoursheep
01-18-2010, 05:56 AM
What do I get if a break into the American Idol studios with a flame thrower and take care of business?

20 years to life.....just wear a Will Hung T shirt while you do it....they'll say you're too incompetent to stand trial.

bueno bob
01-18-2010, 11:32 AM
This here was kind of interesting, though...did you catch this cat?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT1wdjlbyFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT1wdjlbyFc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bueno bob
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Interesting back story to "The General", though...this guy tells you to get your pants off the ground, I fucking suggest strongly that you do it...

General Larry Platt: A Real American Idol - Reality Rocks (http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/301708/general-larry-platt-a-real-american-idol/)

General Larry Platt: A Real American Idol
Posted Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53pm PST by Lyndsey Parker in Reality Rocks

This week on American Idol, 62-year-old novelty rapper General Larry Platt upstaged all the "real" singers on the Atlanta auditions episode with his instantly viral hit, "Pants On The Ground." But Platt is not just some William Hungian TV clown angling for 15 minutes of YouTube fame. His real legacy in fact extends all the way back to the '60s, when he was a teenage crusader for the Civil Rights Movement in Georgia.

That's right: General Larry Platt isn't just a wannabe American Idol, he's a bona fide American hero. The man was even honored with his own holiday in Atlanta, Larry Platt Day, on September 4, 2001, for his "priceless and immeasurable contributions to society" and "his great energy and commitment to equality and the protection of the innocent and for his outstanding service to the Atlanta community and the citizens of Georgia."

On that fateful day, the Georgia General Assembly declared: "For the past 40 years, Larry Platt has given of himself in service to the people of the City of Atlanta, the State of Georgia, and the nation...Larry Platt merits the highest recognition for his many valuable contributions to the Civil Rights Movement and his dedication to the struggle for equality and human rights."

Platt was actually a student of Martin Luther King Jr. back in the day, which makes the timing of his sudden fame quite interesting, given that next Monday is MLK Day. In the early '60s when he was only 16 (see the 16-year-old Platt in the photograph here; he's the one on the far left), he worked with activist groups like the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee and Southern Christian Leadership Conference to fight racial segregation in the South. He was even beaten while participating in the infamous "Bloody Sunday" protest march from Selma to Montgomery in Alabama.

During that time, according to an article in USA Today about the unlikely "overnight celebrity," Platt actually got his "General" nickname from prominent civil rights leader Reverend Hosea Williams, who was impressed by his valiant efforts. The General remains a community activist to this day, working with the United Youth Adult Conference (a volunteer organization set up to find missing children in the Atlanta area) and fighting public foreclosures.

Somewhat sadly, General Larry Platt may now be forever better known as the "Pants On The Ground Guy," rather than for his years of activism. But if his American Idol fame draws more public attention to his heroic past and what he's stood for all his life, then in way his audition will be far more important and impactful than the one by whoever ends up winning American Idol this year.

Plus, admit it: "Pants On The Ground" is a darn good song. Really, every day should be Larry Platt Day.

Seshmeister
01-18-2010, 11:42 AM
You would think people would be getting tired of laughing at retards by now.

Apart from the shitty music that is created at the end of the process there is something pretty immoral about have teams of researchers tell completely untalented people who are often weak minded that they are great.

They keep repeating to them how good they are through the early non televised rounds so that they can wheel them out to Cowell and his panel to be laughed at and humiliated in front of millions.

Kind of shitty medieval thing to do to people. At least the village idiot used to know who he was, he didn't have a bunch of people telling him he was brilliant until he built himself up a bit and then have it all kicked away from him by a grinning cunt who has never been connected with a single decent piece of music.

twonabomber
01-18-2010, 11:50 AM

i thought that was what kept these sites going...

Unchainme
01-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Kind of shitty medieval thing to do to people. At least the village idiot used to know who he was, he didn't have a bunch of people telling him he was brilliant until he built himself up a bit and then have it all kicked away from him by a grinning cunt who has never been connected with a single decent piece of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCAgyI8z_ms

You know, they really do provide a useful purpose.

chefcraig
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
What kills me is the absurd age restrictions for performers on the show. Why are only people between the ages of 16 and 28 allowed to compete? Surely a great portion of the viewing audience is beyond 30, so why shouldn't their age group be represented? Oddly enough, the show's producers require no restrictions upon the age of people watching the damned thing, now do they? :umm:

ace diamond
01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
i have always hated, loathed, despised, and opposed this utter piece of shit.
american idol is an utter abomination.
i have never fucking watched this fucking trash.
i refuse to ever fucking do so.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM

You're blind, remember?

ace diamond
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
You're blind, remember?

legally, yes.
which means more than 50% vision loss.
i am not completely blind,
and i most certainly am not deaf.

however, such is not relevant to the topic at hand, so if you don't mind,
i will stick to making posts that are on topic.
thank you.
have a nice day.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-18-2010, 01:35 PM
legally, yes.

no, not really...Blindness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness)

PETE'S BROTHER
01-18-2010, 01:46 PM
and i most certainly am not deaf

i disagree...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/bootleg-corner/57286-here-couple-my-albums.html

LoungeMachine
01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
legally, yes.

But you said you have to post in all caps so you can see what you posted, or have your roommate read it to you.

So how can you watch TV?

chefcraig
01-18-2010, 02:15 PM
But you said you have to post in all caps so you can see what you posted, or have your roommate read it to you.

So how can you watch TV?

There is a display with several large screen tvs at his local Best Buy. Unfortunately, they close early on Sundays, so he usually misses the 4th quarter. In fact, virtually all of the guy's prime time television viewing is predicated by how well he gets along with the zit-faced salesclerk in charge of the remote.

houseofpain
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Idol = pop music.
pop music = sucky music

ZahZoo
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Glad I'm not alone... can't stand TV Karoke either. Don't watch it... don't care...

Ace's Dead Cat
01-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Besides, your videos are much better.

ace diamond
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right.

Besides, your videos are much better.

that is correct.

LoungeMachine
01-18-2010, 03:57 PM
that is correct.

One difference...

I've never heard of anyone on AI screwing up WILD THING. :lmao:

ace diamond
01-18-2010, 04:05 PM
One difference...

only because no one has tried it.

twonabomber
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
And worst yet, I guess Simon Cowel is subjecting america to more of the same complete and utter shit with "The X-factor", which I assume is the same damn show under a different wrapper.

it's not just Cowell. they turn the winner over to Clive Davis' record company. Davis is way past his prime, he's got Rod Stewart and Carlos Santana making the same album three or four times.

and then the local FOX news runs AI stories on their news shows, which makes those news shows unwatchable.

Unchainme
01-18-2010, 11:52 PM
it's not just Cowell. they turn the winner over to Clive Davis' record company. Davis is way past his prime, he's got Rod Stewart and Carlos Santana making the same album three or four times.

and then the local FOX news runs AI stories on their news shows, which makes those news shows unwatchable.

Twona gets where I'm coming from on this.

It's vomit worthy. I'm trying to watch Cavs highlights and in between that you have to hear about "Which American Idol contestant fucked someone.." or "Another Idol shocker.."

You turn on the radio to hear some sports talk (which is shitty as hell around here, but that's for another thread) and they're talking about this shitty show.

I love my hometown to death, but they can get sucked into the stupidest shit.

YouTube - Man in the Box - Reality TV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykLoJtdi01I)

Blackflag
01-19-2010, 01:54 AM
At this point I have to explain to my kids that the AI version sucks, that ain't rock and roll, and how that show is actually killing rock and roll.

I haven't thought about that...that rock and roll is dead. That's fucked up.

As for the show, I've only seen gross bits and pieces. I don't know who watches that stupid shit. Maybe the same people who watch "survivor."

Panamark
01-19-2010, 06:55 AM

Apart from the shitty music that is created at the end of the process there is something pretty immoral about have teams of researchers tell completely untalented people who are often weak minded that they are great.

They keep repeating to them how good they are through the early non televised rounds so that they can wheel them out to Cowell and his panel to be laughed at and humiliated in front of millions.

Hey Seshman, you were on the money here...
Well said old chap !

bueno bob
01-19-2010, 10:21 AM
One difference...

I actually watched Mark Lindsey screw it up live a few years back...

:biggrin:

Anonymous
01-19-2010, 12:54 PM

We're not tired of laffing at Asshole Liemond.

And anyway, you're almost on the money, but it's sadder than that.

There's actually a shit load of people who watch that shit who WISH they were there, amongst all the "Dreams" & "Magic"... like a fucking retarded fairy tale.

Besides, speaking of Medieval, the only thing that changed from the Medieval times is that we have indoor plumbing.

Dragons were replaced by UFOs.

Religion was replaced on some circles by science.

And the general knowledge of the average man is about the same as it was those days, if not even less.

So, why wouldn't a retarded show continue to have success while really good stuff slips through the cracks unnoticed?

Cheers! :bottle:

ace diamond
01-19-2010, 03:27 PM
legally, yes.

no, not really...Blindness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness)

WRONG PB.
according to the social security department, legally blind is 50% or more vision loss.
i know this because i have been through all the tests the social security dept.
requires to verify the amount of vision loss.
50% is the federal requirement to be considered legally blind.
i have to get re-examined every7 years.
i am up for review again in december 2015.
i just went through a review in december 2008.

i know what i am talking about.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-19-2010, 03:31 PM
If You Are Blind Or Have Low Vision— (http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10052.html)

If you are blind or have low vision If you are blind, we have special rules that allow you to receive benefits when you are unable to work.

We pay benefits to people who are blind under two programs: the Social Security disability insurance program and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. The medical rules we use to decide whether you are blind are the same for each program. Other rules are different. We explain the different rules for each program below.

You can get disability benefits if you are “legally blind”
You may qualify for Social Security or SSI disability benefits if you are considered “legally blind.” We consider you to be legally blind if your vision cannot be corrected to better than 20/200 in your better eye, or if your visual field is 20 degrees or less in your better eye.

You can get disability benefits even if you are not legally blind
If your vision does not meet the legal definition of blindness, you may still qualify for disability benefits if your vision problems alone or combined with other health problems prevent you from working. For Social Security disability benefits, you also must have worked long enough in a job where you paid Social Security taxes. For SSI payments based on disability and blindness, you need not have worked, but your income and resources must be under certain dollar limits.

How you qualify for Social Security disability benefits
When you work and pay Social Security taxes, you earn credits that count toward future Social Security benefits.

If you are legally blind, you can earn credits anytime during your working years. Credits for your work after you become blind can be used to qualify you for benefits if you do not have enough credits at the time you become blind.

Also, if you do not have enough credits to get Social Security disability benefits based on your own earnings, you may be able to get benefits based on the earnings of one of your parents or your spouse.

For more information about Social Security disability benefits, contact us to get Disability Benefits (Publication No. 05-10029). This booklet also is available in Braille.

Disability freeze
There is a special rule that may help you get higher retirement or disability benefits some day. You can use this rule if you are legally blind but are not getting disability benefits now because you are still working. If your earnings are lower because of your blindness, we can exclude those years when we calculate your Social Security retirement or disability benefit in the future. Because Social Security benefits are based on your average lifetime earnings, your benefit will be higher if we do not count those years. We call this rule a “disability freeze.” Contact us if you want to file for this “freeze.”

You can get SSI disability payments
SSI payments are based on need. Your income and resources must be less than certain dollar limits. The income limits vary from one state to another. You need not have worked under Social Security to qualify for SSI. Ask your local Social Security office about the income limits in your state and contact us for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) (Publication No. 05-11000). This booklet also is available in Braille.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-19-2010, 03:34 PM
program below.

You can get disability benefits if you are “legally blind”
You may qualify for Social Security or SSI disability benefits if you are considered “legally blind.” We consider you to be legally blind if your vision cannot be corrected to better than 20/200 in your better eye, or if your visual field is 20 degrees or less in your better eye.

can you point out the "50%" provision/clause. i didn't see it, maybe i can qualify like you.

ace diamond
01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
we consider you to be legally blind if your vision cannot be corrected to better than 20/200 in your better eye, or if your visual field is 20 degrees or less in your better eye.
this means if it is not correctable up to 20/200 either with glasses or surgery. 20/200 is 50% vision loss.
20/400 is completely blind.
My vision is currently 20/325.
20 degress or less field of vision means peripheral vision.

can you point out the "50%" provision/clause. I didn't see it, maybe i can qualify like you.

see above.

ace diamond
01-19-2010, 03:44 PM
ALSO, pb, if you look up the policy on how often they review cases, you will find the only cases that get reviewed every 5-7 years are the hopeless ones that they do not expect to ever get any better, only worse.
my case get's reviewed every 7 years.

LoungeMachine
01-19-2010, 05:21 PM
So we [taxpayers] essentially pay you to sit here all day and post bullshit?

Money well spent.

VanHalener
01-19-2010, 06:19 PM
This is what Adam Lambert from Idol needs, and soon!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EuhRQnxnMHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EuhRQnxnMHk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Glad I'm not alone... can't stand TV Karoke either. Don't watch it... don't care...

Amen brother... Have not watched one second of any show....

kwame k
01-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Amen brother... Have not watched one second of any show....

...me either! If it wasn't for reading the daily music news section, I would have no idea who these fuckers were/are.

Seshmeister
01-19-2010, 06:35 PM
So we [taxpayers] essentially pay you to sit here all day and post bullshit?

Money well spent.

And I pay Americans so they can pay taxes so that he can sit there posting bullshit which I then I have to read. :)

I don't understand how you can be fit enough to post on the internet and play in a band but you aren't fit enough to work in a drive through.

Surely he could at least stand outside with his cape on and hand out promotion leaflets?

kwame k
01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
And I pay Americans so they can pay taxes so that he can sit there posting bullshit which I then I have to read. :)

I don't understand how you can be fit enough to post on the internet and play in a band but you aren't fit enough to work in a drive through.

Surely he could at least stand outside with his cape on and hand out promotion leaflets?

I believe they let you eat whatever you want at the fast food joints......after seeing what a bloated fuck he is....would any fast food place hire him?

I mean his employee meals alone would bankrupt 'em.

MAX
01-19-2010, 06:40 PM

Now that's a frightening image. I think he'd scare off a Halloween store's business!!!

Unchainme
01-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Now that's a frightening image. I think he'd scare off a Halloween store's business!!!

Which brings up a good point, are LMS and him related? :biggrin:

MAX
01-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Which brings up a good point, are LMS and him related? :biggrin:

Oh shit man, why did you have to bring up that beast?

Unchainme
01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh shit man, why did you have to bring up that beast?

http://www.legendsofcomedy.com/movie/Roseanne.jpg

"I gave a gummer to David Lee Roth back in the day":uck:

MAX
01-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Is that ace in drag?

hambon4lif
01-19-2010, 07:41 PM

I don't understand how you can be fit enough to post on the internet and play in a band but you aren't fit enough to work in a drive through.It's one of the biggest scams going on in this country right now, and a large reason it's so fucking lopsided. Too many goddamned lazy fucks making false disability claims and getting paid to sit at home and not work, while everyone else has their nose-to-the-grindstone, on the hustle, and busting their ass in order to take up the slack just to fund it all.

I can guaran-fuckin-tee that if the system discovered they were sending checks to someone who's content on doing nothing but being a burden to society and an internet jackass, those checks would stop coming in.

The only question I have is what makes him so fucking special that he gets the braille version of this board? I had no idea this place even had one...

ace diamond
01-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Is that ace in drag?

no.
it is not.

Seshmeister
01-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I believe they let you eat whatever you want at the fast food joints......after seeing what a bloated fuck he is....would any fast food place hire him?

He could protect them from criminals. :)

http://www.comicbook.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the-fat-fury-large.gif

kwame k
01-19-2010, 11:14 PM
He could protect them from criminals. :)

http://www.comicbook.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the-fat-fury-large.gif

I think you're on to something here, Sesh......The Adventures of Fat Man and Slobin

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/AceFatMan.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/AceSlobin.jpg

COL. SANDERS
01-19-2010, 11:40 PM
I think you're on to something here, Sesh......The Adventures of Fat Man and Slobin

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/AceFatMan.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/AceSlobin.jpg

:lol:
;)

Nitro Express
01-20-2010, 05:15 AM
I have 20/15 vision which is better than 20/20. I still failed my Air Force pilot's physical because of red/green color blindness. They did all this horrible stuff to me trying to make me disoriented and dizzy and I passed all that no problem but I fail the stupid color blind test.

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 05:25 AM
The only question I have is what makes him so fucking special that he gets the braille version of this board? I had no idea this place even had one...

:lmao:

Lest we forget.....

Ace used to claim he had special software that actually READ the posts on this forum to him, and then he spoke his responses into the computer which typed in his posts.....

when THAT troll was busted he claimed.....

His "big, burly, biker roommate read the posts to him....

when THAT troll was busted he claimed......

He HAD to post in ALL CAPS [hence his nick name Capt CapLock] so he could READ what he was posting......

Notice he's never too blind to jump around onstage in spandex fucking up Wild Thing through his $69 Pawnshop crate amp...

Wonder if the SSI administration would like to see videos of Sean Hughes before his next review is due....

[before anyone says anything, ace has ALREADY posted his real name for us, when he was claiming he was HIV+]

Susie Q
01-20-2010, 08:53 AM

Lest we forget.....

Ace used to claim he had special software that actually READ the posts on this forum to him, and then he spoke his responses into the computer which typed in his posts.....

when THAT troll was busted he claimed.....

His "big, burly, biker roommate read the posts to him....

when THAT troll was busted he claimed......

He HAD to post in ALL CAPS [hence his nick name Capt CapLock] so he could READ what he was posting......

Notice he's never too blind to jump around onstage in spandex fucking up Wild Thing through his $69 Pawnshop crate amp...

Wonder if the SSI administration would like to see videos of Sean Hughes before his next review is due....

[before anyone says anything, ace has ALREADY posted his real name for us, when he was claiming he was HIV+]

Yah, but Lounge, I think Ace gets his SSI for being fucked in the head, can't be because of blindness. Even BLIND PEOPLE can get jobs, ya know. ;)

Anonymous
01-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Yah, but Lounge, I think Ace gets his SSI for being fucked in the head

Ah, so that explains it. And since you can't get pregnant in the head, he aborted.

The result of said abortion became his brain.

Thus Asshole Liemond came to be.

chefcraig
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Ah, so that explains it. And since you can't get pregnant in the head, he aborted.

The result of said abortion became his brain.

Thus Asshole Liemond came to be.

I always thought that his dad jerked off in a flower pot, which gave birth to a bloomin' idiot.

Seshmeister
01-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I almost groaned you for that one... :)

chefcraig
01-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah, it sorta leads us back into that plant/animal hybrid thing, all over again. Sorry, it's still early yet and I need more caffeine. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-party-smileys-797.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Rolleye-Smileys/)

Seshmeister
01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I thought maybe you had just opened a Xmas cracker... :)

Igosplut
01-20-2010, 10:56 AM
I always thought that his dad jerked off in a flower pot, which gave birth to a bloomin' idiot.

HA! Rodney Dangerfield has risen!!!!!

Anonymous
01-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah, it sorta leads us back into that plant/animal hybrid thing, all over again. Sorry, it's still early yet and I need more caffeine. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-party-smileys-797.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Rolleye-Smileys/)

Nah, it's just Sesh who's being envious of that joke.

It was so fuckin' bad it actually makes people laff.

Coyote
01-20-2010, 04:30 PM
HA! Rodney Dangerfield has risen!!!!!

And he STILL gets no respect... :biggrin:

ace diamond
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Actually i bought the 120 watt crate solid state amp from a friend of mine for $100.
i've told you this before.

I told them about it years ago.
Since I don't get paid, and there is no financial gain to claim or to be deducted from my monthly ssi, it doesn't matter.

ace has ALREADY posted his real name for us
THIS IS THE ONLY PART OF YOUR POST THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

ace diamond
01-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Even BLIND PEOPLE can get jobs, ya know. ;)

easier said than done.
most places will not hire because it is too much of a liability.
once they have met the affirmative action quota, so they don't get sued
for discrimination, they don't even want to talk to you.

i know because i have been told to get lost, forget it, and to go fuck myself in a litany of "politically correct" ways.

even if you can find a place needing to hire a token disabled person, they give you the shittiest position, and they treat you so very horribly to make you quit so it won't be their fault.

i've been through this.
local punks records 2004-2007
filthy's music exchange/american beat records 2002-2006
wal-mart 1995-1996
taco bell 1995
31 flavors 1994

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Actually i bought the 120 watt crate solid state amp from a friend of mine for $100.

I told them about it years ago.
Since I don't get paid, and there is no financial gain to claim or to be deducted from my monthly ssi, it doesn't matter.

THIS IS THE ONLY PART OF YOUR POST THAT IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

You dont get paid for gigs?

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 06:42 PM
e

i know because i have been told to get lost, forget it, and to go fuck myself in a litany of "politically correct" ways.

So looking for a job must remind you of logging on here.....

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 06:43 PM

Well, you OVERPAID for it then, moron.

He took you like a blindman......

ace diamond
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
You dont get paid for gigs?

nope.
it's pay to play out here.

ace diamond
01-20-2010, 06:50 PM
So looking for a job must remind you of logging on here.....

kinda like you and your "hostile combover":biggrin:

"HOSTILE COMBOVER" is gonna be the title of my 4th album.

ace diamond
01-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, you OVERPAID for it then, moron.

He took you like a blindman......

pawnshops out my way would have charged 3 times as much.

kwame k
01-20-2010, 06:58 PM
easier said than done.
most places will not hire because it is too much of a liability.
No one has had the heart to tell ya, Ace. Most places have a weight restriction;)

once they have met the affirmative action quota, so they don't get sued
for discrimination, they don't even want to talk to you.

Nothing personal but honestly, if I saw you coming I wouldn't hire you either....see above post!

even if you can find a place needing to hire a token disabled person, they give you the shittiest position, and they treat you so very horribly to make you quit so it won't be their fault.

No Ace, once people get to know you that's when they treat you like shit. You seem to naturally attract it.

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
nope.
it's pay to play out here.

Not for real bands, moron.

Only desperate suckers and hacks "pay to play" in Italian Restaurants on a wednesday night. for 6 people. :lmao:

Dude, you're not playing The Whiskey for god's sake, get over yourself.

There's a word for musicians who play gigs for free.

They're called amateurs.

But then again, calling you a musician is kinda cheapening the word.

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 07:07 PM

chefcraig
01-20-2010, 07:10 PM
The King of Siam, when asked how truthful was the woman who wrote a memoir about him (that would be adapted to become a book, musical and film known as Anna and the King) replied that Anna Leonowens "has supplied by her invention that which is deficient in her memory."

This just might be the case with ace. Although I believe if he'd claimed to be deaf rather than blind, things would have gone smoother. At least it would have explained the music...

kwame k
01-20-2010, 07:20 PM
The King of Siam, when asked how truthful was the woman who wrote a memoir about him (that would be adapted to become a book, musical and film known as Anna and the King) replied that Anna Leonowens "has supplied by her invention that which is deficient in her memory."

This just might be the case with ace. Although I believe if he'd claimed to be deaf rather than blind, things would have gone smoother. At least it would have explained the music...

:winner: Ladies and gentlemen, best post of thread.

ace diamond
01-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Not for real bands, moron.
ALL BANDS HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE PAY TO PLAY SYSTEM IN THE INLAND EMPIRE.

Only desperate suckers and hacks "pay to play" in Italian Restaurants on a wednesday night. for 6 people. :lmao:
I play for free there. i have an open invitation from the owner to play there anytime i want. Mr. Romano loves my show.

Dude, you're not playing The Whiskey for god's sake, get over yourself.
I played there in 1998 in a band called "Veneno Lulu".
the same guy that books bands at the whisky these days, "MR. GIG",
is the same guy that books shows in the inland empire.

There's a word for musicians who play gigs for free.

They're called amateurs.
Lounge, some people truly play just because the love playing and don't give a damn about being paid for it.
the are called "purists".
i am one of them.

But then again, calling you a musician is kinda cheapening the word.

NO IT ISN'T.
a musician is a person who plays a musical instrument, however proficiently or however badly.
it is not cheapening the term.

btw, where is that video of you proving you can play better than me?

oh that's right, you can't prove it.

so lounge, the challenge still remains.

prove that you can play better than me or else shut the fuck up.

Igosplut
01-20-2010, 07:32 PM

You play at pawnshops??

ace diamond
01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
You play at pawnshops??

do your homework, igosplut.

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 07:54 PM
You play at pawnshops??

:rofl:

:lol:

:omg:

How the FUCK did I not see that one coming?

Well played, Iggy.

LoungeMachine
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
do your homework, igosplut.

As the joke flies over his fat head........

ace diamond
01-21-2010, 12:46 AM
:rolleyes:

hambon4lif
02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
...I had serious doubts about Ellen, but having a donut-humper on the judges panel is kinda cool, 'cause she's greenlighting all the hot chickies!:baaa:

Terry
02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Even the missus, who watches virtually every reality competition show that is churned out, refuses to watch AI.

Mr Walker
02-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I still watch it. I enjoy the whole ritual that my wife and I go through in watching it together. It's nice. For me it's an overdone Karaoke contest... no more, no less and has little impact on my musical tastes, likes or dislikes.

With that being said... there's a curly haired blond on the show this season who looks like a young version of Kim Bassinger in her fuck-doll prime.
Good stuff!

Mr Walker
07-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Next season's judges... Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler

GreenBayLA
08-02-2010, 02:05 AM
I heard the JLo & Elton John rumor, not Tyler but it's all over the internets. Chance to enhance "Brand Tyler" w/ Idol reboot?" Maybe but that show has jumped the shark and sinking fast w/out Cowell.

video link but marked as private WTF?
http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/08/02/american-idol-steven-tyler-says-hell-probably-be-a-judge

"One obstacle to Tyler being a regular is his schedule. Right now, Aerosmith has dates booked through September. Lots of them. They have many more lined up around the world, and are expected to make an album before the end of the year. It’s not clear if Tyler understands the “Idol” schedule. What will the other band members do from January through May of next year if Tyler has to be in a TV studio two days a week?"

Ah, replace Tyler with another famous rock singer?!?!?!? But just 2 days a week....

Starwood
08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Given what this show represents, and how this show reflects upon the USA, Starwood is not surprised there is Jihad against Western culture.

Mushroom
08-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken are coming to my town! I can't fucking wait! These guys are legends. :fufu: Our pathetic society put these two mediocre talents on a pedestal to be "stars" - what a joke.

chefcraig
08-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken are coming to my town! I can't fucking wait! These guys are legends. :fufu: Our pathetic society put these two mediocre talents on a pedestal to be "stars" - what a joke.

More realistically it was millions of teen aged girls with cell phones, each dialing like mad repeatedly. Even so, it really doesn't give you much faith in the taste of the upcoming generation.

Jagermeister
08-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Next season's judges... Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler

I have no problem with that. I am forced to watch the damn show so may as well enjoy the judging.