PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship: NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts

Little Texan
01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I believe the Jets streak comes to a grinding halt against Peyton Manning and the Colts next Sunday, as the Colts won't be resting their starters in the 3rd quarter like last time. 38-10 Colts

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Colts 31
Jets 20

ace diamond
01-17-2010, 10:26 PM
I believe the Jets streak comes to a grinding halt against Peyton Manning and the Colts next Sunday, as the Colts won't be resting their starters in the 3rd quarter like last time. 38-10 Colts

as much as i really would like to see the jets win and play in the big game,
it's not likely going to happen.
especially since this game is in indy.
they have an ice cube's chances of survival in hell.

Fairwrning
01-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Peyton Manning..period..but this is gonna be low scoring
Colts 24
Jets 14

Unchainme
01-17-2010, 11:27 PM
uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuhuh

I normally don't like the Jets and normally wanna pull for the Colts, but in a way, I want to see WARF party like a mofo for the next week if they won.

where the fuck is WARF?

indeedido
01-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Nobody thought the Jets would beat the Bengals.

Nobody thought the Jets would beat the Chargers.

Nobody thinks the Jets will beat the Colts.

What's next? Nobody thinks the Jets will beat the Vikings/Saints?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-17-2010, 11:48 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hOPzbtF_yhQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i would love to see the jets pull it off.
all i am saying is the odds aren't in the jets favor.
that's all.
it can be done.
it has been done before.
i will be done again.
will it be the jets this year?
i hope so.
we'll just have to wait and see.

sadaist
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Colts 24
Jets 17

redblkwht
01-18-2010, 12:43 AM

Holy cow dude your in hook line & sinker..good luck!
I do dig the underdog but cant see the Colts faltering..

indeedido
01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I wasn't drinking the kool-aid until about an hour after the chargers game. That game had me on the edge of my seat for three hours. I thought it was the same ol' Jets. Nice to see them finally be on the winning end of one of those.

They can do it if they stick to the game plan. Before the Colts pulled the starters in the third quarter of the Jets game it was 15-10. They have a shot. If the Jets can keep it a close game, they are built to win. If they let the Colts out to a big lead, they're done. The Jets ground game really wears a defense down. If the score stays low, the Jets offensive line will wear down the Colts front four. They'll have to get to Payton more than they did Rivers though.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
as much as i really would like to see the jets win and play in the big game,
it's not likely going to happen.
especially since this game is in indy.
they have an ice cube's chances of survival in hell.

satan already said he makes ice cream in hell.......

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Colts 27-10.

Mr Walker
01-19-2010, 09:27 AM
The Jets hung with the Colts and were only down by five when they pulled their starters midway through the third quarter. If the Jets can hang, keep it close and keep hitting and hitting and hitting Manning... he will make that one bad throw that the Jets will capitalize on.

Jets 24
Colts 20

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't think you can put a whole lot of weight into that first matchup... Yes, the Colts didn't pull the starters until the 3rd quarter, but they knew that was going to happen... I'm a huge believer in the psychological aspect of sports, and the Colts' mindset was one of playing out the string, starting in that game....

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the Jets, but I don't think they've got the offensive horses to win over Peyton...

chefcraig
01-19-2010, 10:06 AM
The Jets hung with the Colts and were only down by five when they pulled their starters midway through the third quarter. If the Jets can hang, keep it close and keep hitting and hitting and hitting Manning... he will make that one bad throw that the Jets will capitalize on.

It's a Catch-22 situation: If the Jets go with a blitz, it leaves the secondary wide open, which Manning loves to exploit. The key to this is how quickly NY is in getting off the snap and into Indy's backfield. And remember, Manning responds differently than most QBs when he's under attack. He doesn't get nervous responding with happy feet, chucking the ball into unwise areas. And he doesn't get sacked that much, either. (In fact, I think he's only been sacked something like 10 times all season.)

So the Jets will have to come often and fast for this defensive scheme to work. I never would have thought that they'd handle San Diego that way, as the Chargers had managed to score 20 points a game over the last several games. But stuff them they did, on the road no less.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, the Jets' secondary and LB's will have to be on those Colt receivers like white on rice.... Revis will be on Wayne, but I bet Dallas Clark will have a big day....

Mr Walker
01-19-2010, 11:02 AM
It's a Catch-22 situation: If the Jets go with a blitz, it leaves the secondary wide open, which Manning loves to exploit. The key to this is how quickly NY is in getting off the snap and into Indy's backfield. And remember, Manning responds differently than most QBs when he's under attack. He doesn't get nervous responding with happy feet, chucking the ball into unwise areas. And he doesn't get sacked that much, either. (In fact, I think he's only been sacked something like 10 times all season.)

So the Jets will have to come often and fast for this defensive scheme to work. I never would have thought that they'd handle San Diego that way, as the Chargers had managed to score 20 points a game over the last several games. But stuff them they did, on the road no less.

Jets don't necessarily need to sack Manning... they just need to keep hitting him. Rex's schemes have given Manning fits in the past.
Wayne will be a non-factor (as will the Colts running game) and Sheppard can handle the rookies.
Dallas Clark will be the X-factor in this game... Gates was the only guy who had some consistent success in Sunday's game. Manning will have to go with those quick slants... but as long as the Jets keep tackling well and can hold the Colts to FG's they got a real shot.

ace diamond
01-19-2010, 02:08 PM
satan already said he makes ice cream in hell.......

good point.
old scratch just might be a jets fan after all............

Bob_R
01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Jets 24
Colts 17

- Reggie Wayne will be on Revis Island
- Jets offense will eventually wear down Colts D
- Jets D will keep them in the game

Kristy
01-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Colts: 27
Jets: 10

Fairwrning
01-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Whoohoo..we dont have to listen to Rex Ryan til next year..

indeedido
01-25-2010, 09:00 AM
well it was a good run. They were a tough out. When it was 17-6 I was excited. I knew they would give up a TD before halftime. They just didn't have 4 qtrs in them yesterday. Secondary was beat up and I think it was just too much pressure. It's hard to hold Manning all day.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2010, 09:16 AM
a great football game tho. great championship sunday, wow.