Seshmeister
01-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Ovulatory cycle effects on tip earnings by lap dancers:
economic evidence for human estrus?

Geoffrey Miller, Joshua M. Tybur, Brent D. Jordan
Department of Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA

Initial receipt 16 April 2007; final revision received 26 June 2007

Abstract

To see whether estrus was really “lost” during human evolution (as researchers often claim), we examined ovulatory cycle effects on tip earnings by professional lap dancers working in gentlemen's clubs. Eighteen dancers recorded their menstrual periods, work shifts, and tip earnings for 60 days on a study web site. A mixed-model analysis of 296 work shifts (representing about 5300 lap dances) showed an interaction between cycle phase and hormonal contraception use. Normally cycling participants earned about US$335 per 5-h shift during estrus, US$260 per shift during the luteal phase, and US$185 per shift during menstruation. By contrast, participants using contraceptive pills showed no estrous earnings peak.

These results constitute the first direct economic evidence for the existence and importance of estrus in contemporary human females, in a real-world work setting. These results have clear implications for human evolution, sexuality, and economics.

Link To Full Paper (http://www.unm.edu/~gfmiller/cycle_effects_on_tips.pdf)

So guys subconsciously smell when a stripper is ovulating and so tip much higher in an attempt to breed.

Ooof!

Seshmeister
01-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Mrs Professor of Psychology: Where are you going at this time of night? A fucking strip club? Are you joking?

Professor of Psychology: It's my job for fuck sake - Research! :)

Panamark
01-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Im more amazed that guys can actually subconciously sense shit like this when totally smashed ! :)

Anonymous
01-21-2010, 06:01 AM
Im more amazed that guys can actually subconciously sense shit like this when totally smashed ! :)

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Cheers! :bottle:

kwame k
01-21-2010, 11:40 AM
That's God's sick sense of humor.....just what I want to do is have a kid with a stripper;)

Anonymous
01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
That's God's sick sense of humor.....just what I want to do is have a kid with a stripper;)

I wouldn't mind if my kid had a stripper.

kwame k
01-21-2010, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't mind if my kid had a stripper.

Now there's an idea.......

standin
01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
I would think that being drunk would relax the inhibition required to act upon such banal impulses.

Sounds like the best strip club profit would be schedule ovulating women in the prime locations.

standin
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM

You do know that it is the location of your sperm that makes pregnancy. Looking, touching, or smelling an ovulating woman will not make a pregnancy. :biggrin: ;)
<object width="500" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>

kwame k
01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Ah, thanks? :umm:

lesfunk
01-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Man that's not Subliminal, That's animal magnetism. Males can smell that stuff...:)

chefcraig
01-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Please post images of strippers in this thread. After all...

:thread_needs_pics:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3395/apols.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/apols.jpg/)

BITEYOASS
01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
This study is BS! The strippers who get the big tips are the ones with unique physical features or abilities. You know, big tits, doing the splits, pouring candle wax on their bodies, midgets, petites, amazons, fat chicks, exotic ones from foreign countries, etc.

hideyoursheep
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
This study is BS! The strippers who get the big tips are the ones with unique physical features or abilities. You know, big tits, doing the splits, pouring candle wax on their bodies, midgets, petites, amazons, fat chicks, exotic ones from foreign countries, etc.

...Or in some parts of the world, the ones who aren't 5 months pregnant, have acne scars, gunshot or stab wounds, have all of their teeth, etc...:hee:

chefcraig
01-21-2010, 06:15 PM

...Or in some parts of the world, the ones who aren't 5 months pregnant, have acne scars, gunshot or stab wounds, have all of their teeth, etc...:hee:

This is absolutely the truth. There was a woman locally that made a ton of money for a few years due to her remarkable...skills with ping pong balls. Not only was the distance amazing, her accuracy should have qualified her for the Olympics, if such a competition existed for this talent.

Anonymous
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM

This study is NOT bullshit!

Listen, and do NOT laff at me, but one of me favourite sports whilst completely pissed is goin' into a strip club & see how long can I get a stripper to talk to me without paying her anything.

No drinks, no lap dances, no nuthin'.

Of course, this means that I can't be an arsehole. Seeing as I AM one, and that I'm blind drunk & find everything funny as hell, this is by far the hardest part.

Sometimes, they walk away, sometimes I get phone numbers...

... and sometimes...

... only sometimes...

... I get robbed of all the money in my wallet. And believe me, it's not always the exotic or the you're-so-daaaamn-fine-I-wanna-rape-you-rite-'ere-&-I-don't-care-if-I-get-beat-up-afterwards-&-you-lose-your-fuckin'-job-but-let's-meke-BABEEEEEZZZZZ that get it.

This has always baffled me. Until now.

Now I know.

And know I won't get into a strip club ever again.

Well... not until I get blind drunk again & lose all me senses.

binnie
01-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Hey :(

Don't talk about my Mom like that......