PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean is Officially Insane

Sgt Schultz
01-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I really hope Howard Dean is the Dem... Communist nominee in 2012.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9p-9hkdZSEE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9p-9hkdZSEE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

MATTHEWS: Massachusetts voters had a choice between 'the public option' candidate and 'kill it,' and voted kill it. How do you explain that?

DEAN: These voters were sending a message to Washington. They asked for change --

MATTHEWS: But she said, "I want to give you the public option" and they said no to her.

DEAN: -- and they haven't gotten change.

MATTHEWS (interrupting): Governor, this is... This is... You're whistling past the graveyard here.

DEAN: I don't think so.

MATTHEWS: She ran for the public option.

DEAN: Our polling shows what it shows.

MATTHEWS: But she's for the public option and she got blown away!

DEAN: People who were for the p-poter... (stammering) voted for the public op... who are for the public option --

MATTHEWS: Why didn't they vote for the candidate of the public option, then?

DEAN: Because they wanted to send Washington the message: They want real change.

MATTHEWS: Voters of Massachusetts agree with you, but they voted Republican? That makes no sense.

DEAN: Oh, it does make --

MATTHEWS: If you went in the voting booth --

DEAN: Chris?

MATTHEWS: -- would you have voted for Scott Brown?

DEAN: Chris? I -- I -- I enjoy --

MATTHEWS: Would you have done this?

DEAN: Of course not.

MATTHEWS: Oh! You rationally would not have voted for the conservative Republican because he's against health care, but you say the voters are irrational. They somehow send smoke signals in their voting. They vote for a conservative Republican who's totally against health care to tell the country they want a progressive health care program. That's crazy!

DEAN: We know what they did.

MATTHEWS: Are voters crazy?

DEAN: We actually know that they did.

MATTHEWS: Are voters crazy?

DEAN: Chris, there's only one crazy person around here, and I may hold up a mirror. You may see him in a minute here.

MATTHEWS: But you mean that voters...?

DEAN: Don't be silly.

MATTHEWS: I'm just looking at the results. I'm not cheering them; I'm looking at them. And you're not looking at them.

DEAN: We --

MATTHEWS: You're saying no matter who won... Suppose Coakley had won. You would have said that was a victory for progressive Democrats. Wouldn't it be?

DEAN: No, I woulda said --

MATTHEWS: Wouldn't you have said it if she won?

DEAN: I -- I -- I would have said, "Thank God the right person won."

MATTHEWS: Okay. In other words, if she wins, that's a victory for your side. If she loses, that's a victory for your side.

DEAN: I think people are sending a strong message to Washington. They want strong leadership, they want real change, and they don't want to accommodate the special interests. Most of what the verdict in Massachusetts was is that we'd rather have no bill than what we've got. That's what the verdict in Massachusetts is.

MATTHEWS: Well, they did decide they wanted no bill. This guy with the barn coat that said, "I'm going to vote to kill the bill," won. I would say that the people who are against the bill won.

DEAN: I think that's true, but don't forget there are a lot of people against the bill who were Obama's core base and voted against Martha Coakley.

MATTHEWS: You want to know what? Martha Coakley was with you, and she lost.

DEAN: Yeah, well, you know... You're welcome.

MATTHEWS: She was totally with Howard Dean, and she lost.

DEAN: Well... Whether she was or wasn't, I didn't follow the campaign all that closely.

MATTHEWS: She votes exactly like you on this issue, with the progressive position --

DEAN: Yeah?

MATTHEWS: -- the public option. She said she was for that position and the voters said, "No, thank you."

:rolleye0018:

FORD
01-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Tweety has become a real DLC douchenozzle lately. He's one reason I don't miss MSNBC, now that Comca$t screwed me out of my QAM signal.

bueno bob
01-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Martha threw that election away. Between assuming she'd walk into it with the Kennedy legacy, going on vacation and half of the stupid shit that flowed freely from her mouth, I'm actually amazed it was as close as it was to be quite honest.

Dr. Love
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Jesus. Not everyone votes for just the health care issue. And isn't health care in Massachusetts better than what they are proposing in the national healthcare bill anyway?

Nitro Express
01-23-2010, 11:34 PM
The voters don't want the government micromanaging healthcare nor do they want to pay huge taxes for it. What they want is price reduction. They want anti-trust legislation against big insurance and bib pharma to break up their monopoly pricing they are gouging us with.

Nitro Express
01-23-2010, 11:37 PM
The voters have been lied to so many times they don't trust anything a politician says. "I didn't have sex with that woman.", "Read my lips, no new taxes.", "Weapons of mass destruction.", "I will bring change and openness to the political process." Yeah right.

Igosplut
01-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Jesus. Not everyone votes for just the health care issue. And isn't health care in Massachusetts better than what they are proposing in the national healthcare bill anyway?

Yes it is.

We have mandatory healthcare (if you don't have a private plan, you pay a penalty on your taxes) and if you can't afford it, they have a state-sponsored plan that you pay on a sliding scale. I was doubtfull when it first came out but I have to say it's worked well. Everybody's covered, and you pay what you can afford, and it's fair.

Current thinking is that if the national plan passes, Ma drops their own plan for the federal one, we have a worse plan at a higher (tax) cost. This was a no-brainer as far as the people in this state were concerned. Plus, the Dems thought that seat was a slam-dunk being MA is a Dem state, and the people would never vote a Rep into THAT seat. I think the arrogance of that played into that too...

Nitro Express
01-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Even the Kennedy family came out and said that senate seat is Massachusett's not Ted Kennedy's.

If everybody got out of healthcare and just let the doctor's do their job and charge the market price, prices would go down. Healthcare prices didn't spike until Lyndon Johnson started meddling with it.

GAR
01-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Plus, the Dems thought that seat was a slam-dunk being MA is a Dem state.

Gov+Senator=Repub state

hideyoursheep
01-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Gov+Senator=Repub state

GAR+BlowFag=Ace Diamond.

Igosplut
01-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Gov+Senator=Repub state

How do you figure that for MA coward?

Deval Patrick-Governor: Democrat

Senators

Scott Brown: Republican

John Kerry: Democrat

That's besides the fact the state always votes Democratic in presidential elections.

You fail once again.

GAR
01-27-2010, 03:29 AM
23% reg'd Dem
51% Indies
26% Repubs
----------------
100% voters reg'd MA, dickmist.

Igosplut
01-27-2010, 08:03 AM
23% reg'd Dem
51% Indies
26% Repubs
----------------
100% voters reg'd MA, I'm a coward dickmist.

Figure I couldn't prove what I said coward?? Where's your link? Here's a few quickly....

1-19-10 (http://dailycaller.com/2010/01/19/massachusetts-turnout-remarkably-high-for-a-special-election/)

About 66 percent of the state’s 4.2 million voters turned in the 2008 presidential election, choosing Obama over McCain by a roughly 62 percent to 38 percent margin.

Registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans in Massachusetts, 1.56 million to about 490,000

reported percentage (http://wbztv.com/politics/Voter.Turnout.Vote.2.647069.html)

Registered Democrats account for 36.8 percent (1,475,769 registered voters) and Republicans (485,959 registered voters) make up 12.12 percent.

Smaller parties make up less than 1 percent, including 6,611 voters registered in the Green/Rainbow party and 2,755 in the Working Families party

Gallup poll: Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Hawaii, and District of Columbia are most Democratic (http://www.gallup.com/poll/114016/state-states-political-party-affiliation.aspx)

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/mbvfkqqetkc4fggoe6m5_q.png

Where's your links???

FORD
01-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Massachusetts elected a Kennedy to the same senate seat for over half a century (JFK was there before Ted) and they were the only state to vote against Nixon in 1972.

I don't think their Democratic credentials would be questioned by anybody other than an idiot like GAyR.

Repuke governors? Well, occasionally you get someone like William Weld who calls himself a Republican but is probably far left of the DLC false "Democrats". And then there's Willard Mittens Brigham Romney the dog abusing corporate vampire, who campaigned as someone far to the left of who he truly was.

Cosmo Brown was a fluke. nothing more. And I doubt you'll see him last any longer than the remainder of Teddy's term, provided the Democrats find a better candidate next time.