01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Here is my prediction-
saints 27
colts 19

what about the rest of you nutty lot?

LoungeMachine
01-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Me?

I'm just thankful my tax dollars go to worthy causes such as you sitting on your ass all day instead of working....

:gulp:

ace diamond
01-24-2010, 11:08 PM
me?

I'm just thankful my tax dollars go to worthy causes such as you sitting on your ass all day instead of working....

this thread is not the place for your fucking bullshit.
Take it somewhere else, lounge.

redblkwht
01-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Stuck thread..your welcome, Ace!! -:)

chefcraig
01-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Here is my prediction-
saints 27
colts 19

The Colts will score 19 points? How, by scoring 2 touchdowns, a field goal and a safety? One touchdown and 4 field goals or 3 touchdowns, but miss the extra point twice? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-298.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Mad-Smileys/)

I dunno ace...that's a fairly uncommon score to pick.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2010, 11:13 PM
The Colts will score 19 points? How, by scoring 2 touchdowns, a field goal and a safety? One touchdown and 4 field goals or 3 touchdowns, but miss the extra point twice? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-298.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Mad-Smileys/)

:lmao:

VanHalener
01-24-2010, 11:15 PM
I predict Mr T will show up and kick someone's ass in the parking lot for jacking his wallet.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJnKm6ftPu0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJnKm6ftPu0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-24-2010, 11:16 PM
the colts will score 19 points? How, by scoring 2 touchdowns, a field goal and a safety? One touchdown and 4 field goals or 3 touchdowns, but miss the extra point twice? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-298.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/free-mad-smileys/)

i dunno ace...that's a fairly uncommon score to pick.

i have a hunch.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2010, 11:16 PM

8 safeties and a field goal, silly.

:lol:

LoungeMachine
01-24-2010, 11:17 PM
i have a hunch.

It's probably from all that extra weight you're carrying....

redblkwht
01-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Bigger scoring here, both losing teams had better Defense, seriously..
should be a bigger track meet IMO-

Saints 38
Colts 35

LoungeMachine
01-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Bigger scoring here, both losing teams had better Defense, seriously..
should be a bigger track meet IMO-

Saints 38
Colts 35

Would love to see a SB decided by 3 points....

Doubt it, but would love it....

chefcraig
01-24-2010, 11:25 PM
i have a hunch.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You know, Im a rather brilliant surgeon.
Perhaps I can help you with that...

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4793/ayfg.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/ayfg.jpg/)

ace diamond
01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Colts get 19 by failing a 2 point conversion attempt,
2 touchdowns, 1 extra point, 2 field goals.

LoungeMachine
01-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Colts get 19 by failing a 2 point conversion attempt,
2 touchdowns, 1 extra point, 2 field goals.

And why would they be trying a 2 point conversion, exactly?

Please lay it out for us with the final score you "predicted", Swami.

ace diamond
01-24-2010, 11:43 PM
a hunch.
that is my gut feeling.
i'm going with it.
if i wind up being wrong, oh damn.
but if i turn out to be right,
well then, let's just say that would be mighty intersting, shall we?

LoungeMachine
01-24-2010, 11:58 PM
a hunch.
that is my gut feeling.
i'm going with it.

That's one big feeling.....

ace diamond
01-25-2010, 01:49 AM
no shit.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Some of you guys are picking with your heart rather than your head....

The Saints will play a respectful game, but in the end Manning will pick that shaky defense apart....

Colts 38
Saints 20

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Would love to see a SB decided by 3 points....

Doubt it, but would love it....

scott norwood would have loved that too:biggrin:

kwame k
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Saints by a field goal......

In a strange twist of fate the score will be,

Saints 21
Colts 17 3/4;)

Sam42
01-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Honestly as a Saints fan, the Colts are tailormade for the Saints. Looking at it from the Saints point of view, the Colts have zero running game, period. Unlike yesterday against the Vikes, they won't have to put 8 men in the box, and that will allow a seven man front with Darren Sharper to spy Manning all day long. Let's remember that the Saint's were ranked liked 1st or 2nd this year in takeaways and Manning does force alot of throws.

The Colts Defense is not nearly as good as the Vikes and will not get as much pressure on Brees, which will allow the Saints some very big plays downfield, which happened yesterday against the Jets with a rookie quarterback.

The only thing that may be the Saints downfall is their lack of experience in the big game that may come to the surface when facing a team like the Colts that has half the team with a superbowl win under their belt.

Should be a damn good game.

Kristy
01-25-2010, 05:20 PM
I really want the Saints to win because Drouche Brees is such a mellow, nice guy who does his talking on the field. Plus, however much I admire Manning, I'm starting to think the Colts are Manning. Like to see something besides a one-trick pony team win for a change.

VanHalener
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Saints by a field goal......

In a strange twist of fate the score will be,

Saints 21
Colts 17 3/4;)

You gotta pull off one HELL of a defensive play to hold them to 3/4 and I DON'T want to miss THAT!

My crystal balls tell me it will be...

20-14

Saints in OT

thome
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Dah Bearsszz..Ditca is comong out of retirement and will be kicking both teams asses by himself.

Mushroom
01-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Drew Brees and the Saints! 34 - 20

VanHalener
01-26-2010, 11:08 AM
"NASA crew to provide coin for Super Bowl toss.
The crew of space shuttle Atlantis plans to deliver to the Pro Football Hall of Fame a coin that traveled into space for use in the official coin toss at Super Bowl XLIV...
...Along with the coin, Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys jerseys and a football inscribed with the names of all Hall of Fame members were on the shuttle flight. All the items will be presented to the Hall in Canton, Ohio, on Wednesday."

NASA crew to provide coin for Super Bowl toss - Return to Flight- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35066351/ns/technology_and_science-space/)

Hey Cowboys...http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/zimakemp/Liam/middle_finger-12207.jpg

And at the toss...
-Tails-

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 04:06 PM
"NASA crew to provide coin for Super Bowl toss.
The crew of space shuttle Atlantis plans to deliver to the Pro Football Hall of Fame a coin that traveled into space for use in the official coin toss at Super Bowl XLIV...
...Along with the coin, Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys jerseys and a football inscribed with the names of all Hall of Fame members were on the shuttle flight. All the items will be presented to the Hall in Canton, Ohio, on Wednesday."

NASA crew to provide coin for Super Bowl toss - Return to Flight- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35066351/ns/technology_and_science-space/)

Hey Cowboys...http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/zimakemp/Liam/middle_finger-12207.jpg

And at the toss...
-Tails-

the hell with the coin, flip a blonde!
:D

MAX
01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
the hell with the coin, flip a blonde!
:D

Or in your case, CRUSH one!!!

chefcraig
01-26-2010, 04:21 PM
...Along with the coin, Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys jerseys and a football inscribed with the names of all Hall of Fame members were on the shuttle flight.

Crap, it's bad enough we have to see these teams each and every Thanksgiving, now they are in outer space as well? :019:

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Or in your case, CRUSH one!!!

max, i think you are reaching a little too far with that one.

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Crap, it's bad enough we have to see these teams each and every Thanksgiving, now they are in outer space as well? :019:

no shit, chef........geez louise........enough already!

indeedido
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm going Saints. Who Dat?

Saints: 31
Colts: 27

Never would I have thought I would see the Saints in a super bowl, much less pick them to win

Little Texan
01-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I think Peyton Manning will pick apart the Saints secondary, and Brees the Colts secondary...it will be a high scoring game, but the Colts will outscore the Saints in the end. 38-31 Colts

chefcraig
01-26-2010, 11:30 PM
I think Peyton Manning will pick apart the Saints secondary, and Brees the Colts secondary...it will be a high scoring game, but the Colts will outscore the Saints in the end. 38-31 Colts

I am in complete agreement about Manning's ability to read, adapt and resolve whatever N.O. throws at him, and to an extent what Indy throws at Drew.

Here is the be "if", however...I honestly believe this game will come down not to "field-marshaling" (if you will), yet other intangibles, like odd penalties on defense and special teams errors. This game very well could come down to a couple of field goals, either missed or made.

Colts 47
Saints 33

Va Beach VH Fan
01-27-2010, 09:03 AM
The over/under is set for now at 56 1/2.... Highest in SB history....

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I take it chef is taking the over then....

;)

Fairwrning
01-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Neither team has a great defense..Colts 18th overall..Saints 25th..you arent gonna stop Manning with that defense..Brees will pick apart Indy..I think Colts win in the 4th quarter.
They will get what rushing yards they need to move the ball but Manning will get bigger plays from his Defense than Brees will.
Colts 37
Saints 30

chefcraig
01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I take it chef is taking the over then....

;)

Absolutely. As Fairwrning pointed out above, neither team has an amazing defense. I really believe that this will be a high scoring game as a result.

NATEDOG001976
01-28-2010, 02:01 AM
What is..who cares?

Dan
01-28-2010, 02:24 AM
When The Saints Go Marching In.:D

We are traveling in the footsteps
Of those who've gone before
But we'll all be reunited (but if we stand reunited)
On a new and sunlit shore (then a new world is in store)

Oh when the saints go marching in
When the saints go marching in
Oh lord I want to be in that number

And when the sun refuse (begins) to shine
And when the sun refuse (begins) to shine

When the moon turns red with blood
When the moon turns red with blood

On that hallelujah day
On that hallelujah day

Oh when the trumpet sounds the call
Oh when the trumpet sounds the call

Some say this world of trouble
Is the only one we need
But I'm waiting for that morning
When the new world is revealed

When the revelation (revolution) comes
When the revelation (revolution) comes

When the rich go out and work
When the rich go out and work

When the air is pure and clean
When the air is pure and clean

When we all have food to eat
When we all have food to eat

When our leaders learn to cry
When our leaders learn to cry

Sam42
01-28-2010, 09:31 AM
We all know that the Colts and the Saints can score alot of points. After thinking about the matchup alot more i will say that the Saints need to do the opposite of what everyone thinks they will do. So many people think this is gonna be a high scoring game. I think the Saints need to play ball control and keep Manning off the field. The Colts can't score if the offense can't get into the game.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
We all know that the Colts and the Saints can score alot of points. After thinking about the matchup alot more i will say that the Saints need to do the opposite of what everyone thinks they will do. So many people think this is gonna be a high scoring game. I think the Saints need to play ball control and keep Manning off the field. The Colts can't score if the offense can't get into the game.

Please tell me you didn't create an alias just to talk about the Super Bowl....

Sam42
01-29-2010, 10:04 AM
No i didn't. My computer got hacked and it screwed up my operating system. I changed my email, so i created another login. I was just able to recover my Musicmann login and password, but i posted in this thread before that happened. So now i have both and will use both from time to time. Hope that clears the confusion for you.

chefcraig
01-29-2010, 10:17 AM
No i didn't. My computer got hacked and it screwed up my operating system. I changed my email, so i created another login. I was just able to recover my Musicmann login and password, but i posted in this thread before that happened. So now i have both and will use both from time to time. Hope that clears the confusion for you.

This is becoming more and more of a problem, and it isn't just because of computer hackery. There are several sites that have been experiencing difficulties with their log-in platforms. For instance, the one at the NFL Network that a handful of us are using for the post season fantasy games has been notorious in not accepting passwords or user names.

Best of luck getting things sorted out on your end.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-29-2010, 10:43 AM

That's fine, although I despise aliases (not that it's my site)....

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Colts 34
Saints 27

Bob_R
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Saints 35
Colts 31

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
02-05-2010, 12:13 AM
who won the superbowl?

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Saints 35
Colts 31

Marissa Miller is a Goddess. She loves football and Led Zeppelin too.

chefcraig
02-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Guess what? It is currently about 8:23PM, EST. I live about twenty minutes from whatever the stadium is called for the moment hosting the Super Bowl, and we are in the midst of a terrific rain storm, heavy thunder and lightning included. In fact, it has been raining on and off all week. Oh, and we are under a tornado warning. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-283.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Confused-Smileys/)

You don't suppose...:mad0222:

78/84 guy
02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Fuck the cheap shot Saint's !! Alot of good it does fining them for late hits on Favre after the game !! Fucking ref's. If those fuckers hit Manning like that they will throw them out of the game for that same shit !! NFL refs bet on games PERIOD !! They pick their spots to throw flags when they can change the outcome of a game !! That flag for pass inteference in OT was laughable !! The FUCKER tripped over his own feet !! I didn't belive it until that championship game but I do now !! The super bowl is a joke anyway. The real superbowls are the championship games to me. Colts 28 CHEAPSHOT FUCKS 17

ELVIS
02-06-2010, 07:59 PM
The Miami forecast for game day is sunny...

chefcraig
02-06-2010, 08:11 PM
The Miami forecast for game day is sunny...

The problem is, the game is set to start around sundown, which is when the crappiest weather we have been experiencing tends to start as well. It's currently wet and windy with temps in the fifties.

redblkwht
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I just wanna see a good game, no blow out..

hambon4lif
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Colts 34
Saints 27Hopefully the opposite...

Saints-34
Colts-27

I got Saints '4' and the Colts '7' in a suh-weet fuckin' grand prize of a pool, so that would work for me..

Seshmeister
02-07-2010, 08:03 PM
If he's a deaf dumb and blind kid is there any point in putting money in the pinball machine?

VanHalener
02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Was RD singing over a recording?!!!

Sure looked like it in one spot.

~Douchebag~

FORD
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Was RD singing over a recording?!!!

Sure looked like it in one spot.

~Douchebag~

No, if he was lip synching he wouldn't have sounded like shit. :(

Oh well... at least the Saints just helped me get the horrible sound of 65 year old men screaming out of my ears.

Seshmeister
02-07-2010, 08:41 PM

Exactly - it was reassuringly bad. :)

Prince remains the best halftime show I've seen by an absolute mile...

hambon4lif
02-07-2010, 08:45 PM
...fuckit! I'll go ahead and say it! LAMEST HALFTIME SHOW EVER!...EVER!!!!
Every single other halftime show allowed fans in the front rows, but because of their gay-ass lights? The Who? No!
It's CBS, it's sterilyzed beyond all control. They played "Who Are You", but that was only to further throat the CBS cock.

"Live At Leeds"? Not quite! They got P3WNED by every other halftime act that prededed them.
Pete....go ahead and throw your fucking guitar into a woodchipper...you are no longer Rock'N' Roll...your license is fuckin' REVOKED!! 4LIFE!! FUCK YOU!! Your windmills were predicted, and your band should crawl into a hole and fucking DIE!!!

Fuck The Who...they're beyond toast!

As far as the game? Pretty ballsy call for the Saints to do the on-side kick first kick of the 3rd quarter...

GO SAINTS!!!!

VanHalener
02-07-2010, 08:47 PM

Oh well... at least the Saints just helped me get the horrible sound of 65 year old men screaming out of my ears.

It did sound like shit, but I believe he sang over a tape for part of it t least.
I'll post part of the recording and show you what I mean later. His voice was there but his mouth didn't move.

I phuckin' hate a faker!

lesfunk
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
The Who...Blew...

lesfunk
02-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Go Saints.

lesfunk
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
They just Won. Peyton the Booger picking goober Chokes!

sadaist
02-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Very fun game to watch. Glad Brees won.....and MVP too. Nice. Don't worry Colts fans, Peyton will have another shot before he's done.

hambon4lif
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Very fun game to watch. Glad Brees won.....and MVP too. Nice. Don't worry Colts fans, Peyton will have another shot before he's done.

LMFAO! Fuck that water-head Peyton! Fuck the Colts! They will NEVER represent the AFC.....again! ever!!!

TOAST, CUNTS!!!

standin
02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
geaux saints!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2563/3881482909_6c3739af6c_o.gif

~ ;) ~

Bob_R
02-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Saints 35
Colts 31

Well I was right on with the 31 points! Glad the Saints won!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Great game....

That INT that Peyton threw was FANTASTIC to watch....

Seshmeister
02-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Bit of an anti climax at the end?

I can't get used to this American football thing whereby the game can finish early...

Kristy
02-07-2010, 11:37 PM
The Who...Blew...

Just heard this on a local sports radio show:

"Having The Who at Super Bowl 44 is like having Al Jolson at Super Bowl 1."

Doctor Dude
02-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I was amazed how the telecast focused only on the action on the field, and excluded any shots of fans in crazy costumes or cheerleaders, as is the norm in most games. And no quick shots of celebrities in attendance, of which there were many.

It was refreshing to see that the focus was on the players, but somehow suffered a bit from a lack of 'color', mostly the aforementioned cheerleaders. :biggrin:

Panamark
02-08-2010, 01:14 AM
GO SAINTS !!!

Hey hasnt hell frozen over ???
Hasnt everybody always said
"When the Saints win the Superbowl"

sadaist
02-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Even if The Who were kinda crummy, it was nice to hear the crowd singing along with them on a couple parts. I'll take a bad performance from The Who over a good performance from Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Lady Gaga, The Jonas Bros, etc... any day.

sadaist
02-08-2010, 02:16 AM
I was amazed how the telecast focused only on the action on the field, and excluded any shots of fans in crazy costumes

Well, at an average of $1,000 for crap seats, you don't really see those types of fans at the Super Bowl. I was lucky enough to be taken to a Super Bowl once. It's incredible. Very weird how the game is almost an afterthought. While we at home see commercials, the people there get all kinds of neat stuff to see. Something I recommend to anyone to go at least once in their life if they can. I'll never go again, but man was it a cool experience.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Even if The Who were kinda crummy, it was nice to hear the crowd singing along with them on a couple parts. I'll take a bad performance from The Who over a good performance from Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Lady Gaga, The Jonas Bros, etc... any day.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that the crowd was coached to do that....

I thought The Who was very average... Didn't help that they didn't put a crowd around them this year either....

Kinda tired of the whole halftime band thing...

Next year ??

Hmmm.... New album, new tour....

Who could they put in there ??

Maybe Van.... Morrison ??

;)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 10:56 AM
i didn't get this till this mornin' or i woulda been HAMMMERED!

The New Orleans Saints Superbowl Drinking Game

1. Every time they mention hurricane Katrina, drink 1
2. If they show pictures of the City of New Orleans right after
Katrina, drink 1
3. Every time they say how much the Saints mean to the City of New
Orleans , drink 1
4. Every time the words "tragedy", "flood", or "devastation" are
used, drink 1
5. Every time they talk about how good Reggie Bush was in college,
drink 3
6. If they show Kim Kardashian in the stands, drink 5
7. Every time they show a picture of Reggie Bush with a bat or say
"bringing the wood" drink for 5 seconds.
8. Every time Reggie Bush gets negative yardage trying to run around
in the backfield a bunch and outrun the defense, drink 1 and turn to the
person next to you and say "I told you Vince Young should have won the
Heisman"
9. Every time Reggie Bush gets up and flexes his arms in that pose he
likes to do, drink 1
10. If they mention Tim Tebow for any reason, funnel a beer
11. Every time they say that "it's destiny for the Saints to win"
drink 1
12. If they show footage of Katrina survivors at the Superdome, take
a shot of cheap liquor
13. If they call Saints fans the most passionate fans in football,
drink 1
14. If they say that the Saints, Saints fans, or the City of New
Orleans "deserve" a Superbowl victory, drink 1
15. Every time they say how good of a story the Saints are, drink 1
16. If Jeremy Shockey pretends to be hurt after dropping a pass,
drink 2
17. If they mention the Saints beating the Falcons in 2006 in the
first game after Katrina in the Superdome, drink 5 and remember that we are
still a better football team with better fans.
18. Every time they compare hurricane Katrina to the Haiti
earthquake, funnel a beer and yell "bullshit!"
19. Every time they mention Drew Brees as the Mardi Gras king, drink 1
20. Every time they show Archie Manning, drink 1, and mention how bad
he sucked. If they show old footage of him on the Saints, drink 5. If they
mention how tough of a decision it was for him as for whom to cheer for,
drink 10.
21. Every time they show a saints fan yelling "Who dat!" Or a
sign/shirt saying the same, drink 1.
22. If they show Chris Paul at the game, drink 1 and mention to
someone how much better he is than Marvin Williams.
23. If they show former Mayor Ray Nagin, drink 5 and then punch
someone in the face

Other Rules not involving the Saints:
1. Every time they show Eli Manning in the press box, drink 1
2. Every time Pierre Garcon is mentioned with Haiti , drink 1
3. If Brett Favre is mentioned for any reason, drink 1

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CALL IN SICK MONDAY!!!!!!

WHO DAT!!!!!! (ooops, just had a sip)

chefcraig
02-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Kinda tired of the whole halftime band thing...

Next year ??

Hmmm.... New album, new tour....

My money would be on John Mellencamp. Just the kind of safe, homespun and anthem writing sort of artist the Bowl committee seems to favor. You can just hear "Little Pink Houses", "Jack And Diane", "Rockin' In The USA" and "The Authority Song" being condensed into a 12 minute medley.

lesfunk
02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Mushroom Got the prediction closest

LoungeMachine
02-08-2010, 12:16 PM
GO SAINTS !!!

Hey hasnt hell frozen over ???
Hasnt everybody always said
"When the Saints win the Superbowl"

Almost right...

When the SEAHAWKS win the Superbowl

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Almost right...

When the SEAHAWKS win the Superbowl

lions......

Susie Q
02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Hopefully the opposite...

Saints-34
Colts-27

I got Saints '4' and the Colts '7' in a suh-weet fuckin' grand prize of a pool, so that would work for me..

Hey Hammy, I won $150 on the final quarter! You know sumthin', I had NO CLUE what the hell I was doing either. Just put my name in some squares..:):hee:

Mushroom
02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Mushroom Got the prediction closest

Who 'Dat?!!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Hey Hammy, I won $150 on the final quarter! You know sumthin', I had NO CLUE what the hell I was doing either. Just put my name in some squares..:):hee:

wifey won $30 on a pull tab for the 4th quarter. i think that paid for all our superbowl gambling.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
bourbon street aint gonna stop for two weeks straight.

Susie Q
02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
wifey won $30 on a pull tab for the 4th quarter. i think that paid for all our superbowl gambling.

It definitely was a fun night, I will say that. :)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
It definitely was a fun night, I will say that. :)

yup, i thought it was a pretty good game. i kinda tuned out on the commercials after the guys in underwear block of crap. the 2020 favre hyundai commercial was o.k. we had a good turnout 15-20 peeps and lotsa good food and libations.

chefcraig
02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
yup, i thought it was a pretty good game. i kinda tuned out on the commercials after the guys in underwear block of crap.

What was with that? There were like three commercials for completely different products or services that used that same theme.

Best ad of the night had to be Letterman bitching about the "worst Super Bowl party ever" sitting on a sofa next to Oprah and Leno.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 02:48 PM
fuck yes, that was good. i saw he wanted conan to do that with him, but didn't work out or sumthin'.

MAX
02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Great game and kudos to New Orleans. Not just the team but to their fans and city.

I like (if just for this instant) that The Saints are being referred to as "America's Team" as opposed to the fucking Cowpies!!!

Kristy
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
And the point of those Danica Patrick 'Go Daddy' commercials? I don't get it. What is the selling point? Lame sexism or a web hosting domain? Where are the male Indy drivers draped over their vehicles in thongs or fronting pseudo-homosexuality on massage tables?

http://www.autoracingdaily.com/images/featured/08_danica-patrick_09.jpg

Or perhaps Danica is a open exhibitionist who gets off on the thought of men masturbating to her pics much less her poorly written and directed commercials. I'd give her some respect if she would admit it.

Mushroom
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
And the point of those Danica Patrick 'Go Daddy' commercials? I don't get it. What is the selling point? Lame sexism or a web hosting domain? Where are the male Indy drivers draped over their vehicles in thongs or fronting pseudo-homosexuality on massage tables?

http://www.autoracingdaily.com/images/featured/08_danica-patrick_09.jpg

Or perhaps Danica is a open exhibitionist who gets off on the thought of men masturbating to her pics much less her poorly written and directed commercials. I'd give her some respect if she would admit it.

you weren't happy with the dockers commercial (men in underwear) or the monsterjobs.com commerical (men in underwear), or 60 minutes of football (men in tight uniforms all shapes and sizes)?

Kristy
02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
None of those were trying to be a man-on-man relationships.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
None of those were trying to be a man-on-man relationships.

would that have made you happy?

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Another great year of NFL football. Congrats to the Saints and all their fans. That was a long time coming. They should be right their at or near the top for quite a while. If their defense continues to improve, look out.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I like (if just for this instant) that The Saints are being referred to as "America's Team" as opposed to the fucking Cowpies!!!

Of course that hasn't been true for about 15 years now....

Unchainme
02-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Almost right...

When the BROWNS win the Superbowl

fixed it for you.

Cleveland is cursed.

MAX
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Of course that hasn't been true for about 15 years now....

Eh, a lot of my friends who are Cowpies fans (why is it that 99% of Cowpies fans are also Yankmee's fans? Coincidence? I think not!!!) still refer to them as "America's Team." Friggin' fruitcakes. :rolleyes:

Unchainme
02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Eh, a lot of my friends who are Cowpies fans (why is it that 99% of Cowpies fans are also Yankmee's fans? Coincidence? I think not!!!) still refer to them as "America's Team." Friggin' fruitcakes. :rolleyes:

Blame John Facenda and Steve Sabol on that. :biggrin:

Really, I don't think the Cowboys are alone in having a big fanbase across the country and the world. I've seen the Steelers have a pretty massive one, along with the Saints and Broncos, and the Browns despite them being terrible, auctually still have a pretty big following as well.

chefcraig
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Now this is classy. Talk about sore losers... :umm:

Indianapolis Colts' homecoming brings out 11 people to airport

By Kevin O'Neal, The Indianapolis Star

The end of the Indianapolis Colts' season came down to 11 people.

Not the 11 players on the field during the Super Bowl, but the 11 who showed up at Indianapolis International Airport on a cold, snowbound Monday afternoon, when the team returned following their 31-17 defeat Sunday by the New Orleans Saints at Super Bowl XLIV in Miami.

"Win or lose, they're still our team," said Brownsburg resident Karen Calhoun, who carried a "Where's the parade" sign.

The small group huddled together in the snow outside the closed Express Mail sorting facility at the airport, where the Colts' planes arrived around 4 p.m. Monday — a Boeing 757 for the official party and an Airbus 330 for the team.

Each plane's arrival was little different than the arrival of a scheduled flight at the main terminal across the airfield. The planes rolled onto the ramp, and the passengers trudged down air stairs and onto waiting buses, while crews unloaded equipment into rental trucks.

The buses left the ramp without a word from anyone on the team. The closest any of the 11 fans got to the Colts was the other side of a security fence several hundred feet away.

Despite the subdued, isolated arrival, the few who watched from a distance were still enthusiastic about their team.

"We wanted to show our civil pride," said Paul Calhoun, Karen Calhoun's husband, who wore a No. 33 jersey, the number worn by defensive back Melvin Bullitt, who made five tackles on Sunday.

"We still beat out 30 other teams," added Marilyn Kurek, Lebanon, who wore a Colts cap and scarf to fend off the 27-degree chill.

Enthusiasm for the team, in spite of the loss, also was shown by Greenwood resident Ceara Robertson, who wore a handmade "I love Pierre" shirt and carried a sign to show she's a fan of wide receiver Pierre Garcon, who caught five passes in the Super Bowl, including the Colts' only touchdown pass of the game.

"He is the most amazingest player and has such grace on the field," Robertson said.

By the time the last buses had left the ramp, the few fans had already walked back to their cars and headed to someplace warm, to wait for the next season.

Indianapolis Colts' homecoming brings out 11 people to airport - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2010-02-08-colts-homecoming_N.htm)

Seshmeister
02-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Ceara Robertson is the most stupidestier fan.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-09-2010, 08:33 PM

It's not even close nowadays...

Steeler Nation easily is top dog in the NFL, and has been for quite a few years now...

Rarely do you see the Steelers go to an away game and not see thousands and thousands of Steelers fans....

Always near the top of merchandise sales....

Steelers bars in every major city IN THE FUCKING WORLD....

Not to mention those 6 Super Bowl trophies.... :tongue0011:

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-10-2010, 12:19 PM
The Dallas Cowboys are worth more money than any other sports franchise in the world. The Cowboys sell more merchandise every year, than any other team in th league and we all know the Cowboys haven't been very good most of those years. Their owner drops 1.2 BILLION on a stadium during one of the biggest recessions in American history, so I would say there must be a pretty big fan base. That's why theyare still refered to as Americas team. I understand the dislike of it, but it aint going away. Oh, and Va, you being a Steelers fan, you guys hold the upper hand with 6 rings, so you have the right to talk smack to anyone in the league, but look out Dallas is right behind you and looking good.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Just because their owner is loaded, which is obviously good for the Cowboys and their fans with a brand new stadium, does not make them "America's Team"....

I won't deny that the Cowboys do travel well also, especially in NFC East cities, but the Steelers have easily surpassed them.... Doesn't matter where it is, Washington, Florida, California, Denver, you see thousands and thousands of Terrible Towels....

And lastly, congratulations TK, your team finally won a playoff game for the first time since '96, but I'd lay odds that the Steelers get Super Bowl trophy #7 before the Cowboys get #6....

The only people that still refer to the Cowboys as "America's Team" are the Cowboys and their fans....

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
The only people that still refer to the Cowboys as "America's Team" are the Cowboys and their fans....
LOL VA, that is probably true and we know how everbody hates it. It isn't easy being a Dallas fan, but I haven't missed a Cowboys game in 19 years. Not one. I was in Pittsburgh at Heinz Field the year before last when the Steelers came back late in the 4th quarter for the win. My best buddy lives in the Burgh and we partied all weekend but that loss was devastating.

Unchainme
02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Just because their owner is loaded, which is obviously good for the Cowboys and their fans with a brand new stadium, does not make them "America's Team"....

I won't deny that the Cowboys do travel well also, especially in NFC East cities, but the Steelers have easily surpassed them.... Doesn't matter where it is, Washington, Florida, California, Denver, you see thousands and thousands of Terrible Towels....

And lastly, congratulations TK, your team finally won a playoff game for the first time since '96, but I'd lay odds that the Steelers get Super Bowl trophy #7 before the Cowboys get #6....

To be fair man, there is s significant amount of band wagon fans that sprout up.

The old "pink-roethlisberger" jerseys I used to bitch about in the past are a clear example of that. Not denying that the Steelers have a lot of diehards, but a lot of times, you'll see someone wearing Steeler gear one day in my area, and following a Browns victory or a down period for the franchise (the early 2000's somewhat come to mind), you won't see nearly as much, as say, when they're in the AFCCG or Super Bowl for that matter.

And the Cowboys are just as guilty of this for that matter. I think that both teams are more like the Celtics/Lake show of the NFL, in more ways the one.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more, bro...

Now, if we were talking about the Penguins, that may have some credence, but NOT the Steelers, absolutely not....

Are there exceptions ?? Of course, but for the most part, Steelers fans are that way coming out of the fucking womb.... And they stay that way....

MAX
02-10-2010, 03:50 PM
It's not even close nowadays...

Steeler Nation easily is top dog in the NFL, and has been for quite a few years now...

Rarely do you see the Steelers go to an away game and not see thousands and thousands of Steelers fans....

Always near the top of merchandise sales....

Steelers bars in every major city IN THE FUCKING WORLD....

Not to mention those 6 Super Bowl trophies.... :tongue0011:

Hey, I'm not disagreeing cos I think it's a dumb title and I cannot stand the cowdungs. I even hated them when I was a little kid. Never liked Staubach, Pearson, Dorsett, Jones or any of them. Next, enter the 90's, I thought Aikman was a fag, couldn't stand Emmit or Irvin. Now, I can and do respect them as players and what they accomplished but I just hate that whole neckcar "How bout 'dem Cowboys" mentality. Same goes with the fucking Yankees and as I mentioned prior, most Cowboys fans are also both Yankees and Laker fans to boot.

Go figure?

I agree regarding The Steelers and they've always had a great fanbase. Hell, even though they've never been my favorite team, I still own a Jack Lambert jersey and do infact notice fans everywhere I travel.

It's funny how certain NFL teams go through these phases. A cupla years back, there were Pats fans EVERYWHERE!!! Before that, you'd see Packers and Favre jerseys everywhere and prior to that it was endless 49'ers gear. Funny how it tapers off, no?

Fuck, even let's go back 12 years ago or even ten. People wore tons of Broncos gear. Of which I still do cos I've been a die hard since I was a little kid. Hell, I have so many Broncos clothes and jerseys, it's sick. I even have a Brian Griese jersey!!! lol

However, I stick with my team through the bad times along with the good and for the most part, I find Cowboys fans to be very trendy and fairweathered. Meaning, when Bledsoe was at the helm prior to Romo, how many so called "fans" did you see parading around in his official jersey? They made 'em cos I saw them in my NFL catalogue that comes in the mail every month or two.

Unchainme
02-10-2010, 04:07 PM
I love being a Browns fan.

It forces you to have a thicker skin and be more diehard than a lot of fanbases out there.

The colors I think are underrated, nothing says fall and football like that burnt orange and seal brown.

Sure, we don't win that often, but I just feel extremely loyal to my hometown team.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-11-2010, 03:06 PM
For the record, I hate the Yankees and the Lakers.

ELVIS
02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
80,000 plus sure beats 11

:biggrin:

ELVIS
02-11-2010, 03:50 PM
80,000 plus sure beats 11

ELVIS
02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Bobby Hebert

http://www.saintsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/bobbydress2.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
This is the Lombardi Trophy. Made of bacon. Hello, delicious. - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/This-is-the-Lombardi-Trophy-Made-of-bacon-Hell;_ylt=Akk5a.vr_QBguCgcuD.yHdtDubYF?urn=nfl,220 282)

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
02-18-2010, 06:31 PM
who won?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
who won?

they haven't played yet