PDA

View Full Version : Hell is freezing over... Keef is on the wagon!

Mr Walker
01-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Keith Richards Gives Up Booze!
mdome / News / 26/01/2010 12:27pm

Keith Richards has stopped drinking – and that’s not a joke!

Seriously, the hard-living Rolling Stones icon has apparently been off the alcohol for four months.

A source has told The Sun:

“There’s no guarantees that he’ll stay off it – but he’s doing really well so far.

“He has always quite enjoyed the fact that he seemed to be able to carry on drinking as much as he liked with no real negative impact on his health.”

What prompted this amazing turn of events was seeing bandmate Ronnie Wood getting into drinking very heavily recently.

“He has watched Ronnie fall well and truly off the wagon last year and he doesn’t like what he sees.

“Plus he has started to feel for the first time like it might do him some good to give up the booze for a while.”

Tomorrow: Lemmy admits to being bored with fruit machines?

Nah, that’s just a step too far!

Classic Rock Blog Archive Keith Richards Gives Up Booze! (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/keith-richards-gives-up-booze/#more-28839)

Anonymous
01-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Dude! Don't! Keef, don't do it, buddy... booze is probably the only thing that's keeping you alive!!!

Shit. You just KNOW he's gonna drop dead in a week if he doesn't get a drink...

Cheers! :bottle:

THEDOCTOR
01-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Lets hope he stays high at least because if he completely sobers up,he may realize he died in 81'.....

chefcraig
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
It's a sad fact of life that whenever musicians claim to have straightened out their addictions, one of two things happens:

A. Their art suffers immediately or

B. They drop deader than a Texas salad bar.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
A sober Tyler/Perry were unbearable.....

Imagine a sober keef.

:gulp:

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Dude! Don't! Keef, don't do it, buddy... booze is probably the only thing that's keeping you alive!!!

Shit. You just KNOW he's gonna drop dead in a week if he doesn't get a drink...

yup.
nuff said!
-------
on the lighter side of things-
next week, lemmy will announce he is giving up booze, sex, drugs, and rock and roll!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

twonabomber
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
i don't know what i should do...quit, because if quitting is good enough for Keef it's good enough for me, or drink more in protest.

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 04:28 PM
i don't know what i should do...quit, because if quitting is good enough for Keef it's good enough for me, or drink more in protest.

i vote drink more in protest, twona.
somebody has to pick up keef's slack.......however it will take an army
of alcoholics to drink up keef's share, i say we get started!

Seshmeister
01-26-2010, 05:20 PM
What a homo!

sadaist
01-26-2010, 06:07 PM
I always have mixed feelings when people I admire do this type of thing. Similar to Metallica or Crue going sober. On one hand, I'm happy they will be healthy & most likely live a better life, on the other I'm saddened by the inevitable loss of musical chops.

But this is Keith here. Sobriety may be worse for him than a constant steady level of inebriation. Like when the plug is pulled on someone hooked to life support.

Mr. Vengeance
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Bacardi stock just took a nosedive.

Nitro Express
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Captain Keef will be looking for the rum soon enough.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssEsAJxyE3w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ssEsAJxyE3w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
i vote drink more in protest, twona.
somebody has to pick up keef's slack.......however it will take an army
of alcoholics to drink up keef's share, i say we get started!

How do you afford alcohol on SSDI ?

You dont get paid for gigs....

chefcraig
01-26-2010, 07:02 PM

He might have constructed a homemade still, which when you think about it, would make even the people living next door with the meth lab in their bathroom nervous.

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 07:06 PM

You dont get paid for gigs....

friends who like to drink, have plenty of supply, and like sharing with other friends.
life is good.

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 07:10 PM
He might have constructed a homemade still, which when you think about it, would make even the people living next door with the meth lab in their bathroom nervous.

presently, the mead jar is sitting in a horse trough floating and aging.
it's only been 6 months.
it has to age for 2 years.
the jar is flipped over a 1/4 turn every 2 weeks.
ever so gently so as not to bruise the drink.
10 gallon container of mead is very fragile whilst aging.

chefcraig
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
presently, the mead jar is sitting in a horse trough floating and aging.
it's only been 6 months.
it has to age for 2 years.
the jar is flipped over a 1/4 turn every 2 weeks.
ever so gently so as not to bruise the drink.
10 gallon container of mead is very fragile whilst aging.

Uh-huh...and when you are bumbling around blindly in the dark, is there a chance that you might mistake this jar for the one that serves as your commode?

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Uh-huh...and when you are bumbling around blindly in the dark, is there a chance that you might mistake this jar for the one that serves as your commode?

1. the mead was made by me and a friend of mine.
2. the mead is aging at his place.
3.since i helped him make it, when it is ready, he won't open it without me
being there.
4.when it is done aging and is ready, 5 of the 10 gallons is mine.
another year and a half to go.
5.i live in riverside.
6 the mead was made and is currently aging in yucaipa.
7.that means i live in riverside, california. in riverside county.
yucaipa, california is in san bernardino county.
30 minutes away driving.
3 hours away by bus.

do ya get it now, chef?

chefcraig
01-26-2010, 07:38 PM
do ya get it now, chef?

Yes. Rather than having your outhouse in the backyard, it is located some three hours away, so you must plan your day well in advance. Talk about a long way to go. http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Disgusting/toilet-4.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com/Smileys/Smiley-Huts-Free-Disgusting-Smileys.html)

twonabomber
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
that means i live in riverside, california. in riverside county.
30 minutes away driving.
3 hours away by bus.

how many hours by train? how many hours if someone gets hit by the train?

sadaist
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
5.i live in riverside.
6 the mead was made and is currently aging in yucaipa.
7.that means i live in riverside, california. in riverside county.

Howdy neighbor. I'd try the homemade sauce. Ever head near Menifee or Murrieta bring me a jug. XXX

LoungeMachine
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
friends who like to drink, have plenty of supply, and like sharing with other friends.
life is good.

Translation: You're a fucking FREELOADING MOOCH

:lmao:

Big rock and roll partier, always on someone else's dime.....

LoungeMachine
01-26-2010, 09:08 PM
how many hours by train? how many hours if someone gets hit by the train?

:lmao:

beer, meet monitor.

ace diamond
01-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Howdy neighbor. I'd try the homemade sauce. Ever head near Menifee or Murrieta bring me a jug. XXX

it will be another year and a half before it is ready.
the last batch we made didn't turn out right.

i don't ever go down that way unless i'm passing through.
however, if you are ever near the UC Riverside district, stop on by.

Panamark
01-27-2010, 04:48 AM
I thought falling out a coconut tree and landing on his
head last year (In New Zealand I think ?) may have
prompted this decision earlier... lol...

If Ozzy stops drinking, Im moving onto smack.....
Dont they realize they are role models to us
middle aged decrepids ??????

standin
01-27-2010, 11:13 AM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/celebrity-pictures-keith-richards-outlived-jackson.jpg

Satan
01-28-2010, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't say Hell froze over, but I did have to put on a sweater when I read this! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d070.gif

FORD
01-28-2010, 04:59 AM
What? You mean Keith drinks?? :biggrin:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UNcoXEkbIcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UNcoXEkbIcY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby's On Fire
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
I like the comment where Keith thinks the drinking hasn't hurt his health.

Has he looked in a mirror in 30 years? Keith has no health to harm.

How is he even still alive? It really is amazing.

If we have nuclear war, only cockroaches and Keef will survive.

Keef will be smoking the fallout to get a buzz.

Kristy
02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm certain Richards liver produces it's own grain alcohol. The dude won't miss a step.

Kristy
02-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I like the comment where Keith thinks the drinking hasn't hurt his health.

Who knows? When you have his money and can afford to drink 20 year old Cabernet Sauvignon on a daily basis it may actually be beneficial to one's health.

Baby's On Fire
02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Yes...but not when you drink it by the vat.....

I doubt Keef drinks red wine.....look at his face....he's a 100 proof alcoholic all the way.

Mr Walker
03-05-2010, 08:44 AM
And all is right in the world again...

Keith Richards: “Rumors of My Sobriety Are Greatly Exaggerated”

3/4/10, 1:31 pm EST

In the new issue of Rolling Stone, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and producer Don Was tell the story behind the Rolling Stones upcoming Exile on Main Street reissue, which is due May 18th in a variety of special editions — several of which feature 10 never-before-heard Stones tracks from the Exile era. At the end of our phoner with Richards, we asked about the possibility of a new Stones studio album in the near future. “There’s no definite plans, but I can’t see any of them stopping,” he says. “I wouldn’t be surprised if we did some recording later this year.” But the guitarist admits he’s uncertain whether any sort of tour would follow. “I don’t know how the rest of them feel about roadwork at the moment,” he tells RS. “Maybe we’ll search for a different way for the Stones to go back on the road. Maybe not the football stadiums anymore. Maybe something different. You can’t go around there in lemon-yellow tights forever.”

Richards also addressed reports he had stopped drinking. “Listen, the rumors of my sobriety are greatly exaggerated,” he says. “And we’ll leave it at that.”

See the new issue of Rolling Stone for much more on the new Exile on Main Street reissue, Keith’s forthcoming memoir, the documentary that Johnny Depp is currently prepping about his life, and the next Stones album.

Anonymous
03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Who knows? When you have his money and can afford to drink 20 year old Cabernet Sauvignon on a daily basis it may actually be beneficial to one's health.

It's true. I drink Cabernet often, and I'm the perfect picture of health.

Anonymous
03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
And all is right in the world again...

Keith Richards: “Rumors of My Sobriety Are Greatly Exaggerated”

Wonderful!

You know, there are very few certain things in life. The fact that Keith Richards is immortal is one of them.

WHY he is immortal is a mystery, but he really shouldn't go around changing habits.

Not at his age, whatever it is.

damngoodtimes
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
You can’t go around there in lemon-yellow tights forever.”

I absolutely love the fact that Keef can't do an interview without making some dig at Mick.

but here they are, damn near 50 years later, still getting on....

Like Dave said in his book, it's one of those 95%/95% deals. and they both get it... Dave gets it, too; but Ed never really has...

Mr Walker
03-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Latest news about Mick is that he fucked Angelina Jolie back in her 20s while he was in his 50s.

Antman
03-06-2010, 09:32 AM
He's now drinking anti-freeze.

Nitro Express
03-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Latest news about Mick is that he fucked Angelina Jolie back in her 20s while he was in his 50s.

And why not? I think Mick has fucked everybody, from David Bowie to McKenzie Phillips.

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Such a pansy.

FORD
03-07-2010, 01:00 PM

I believe it. And this would have no doubt been the 50 ft tall Angelina.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufp0RANigro&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufp0RANigro&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>