PDA

View Full Version : Clarke's Contradiction May Dampen Dem Attack on Bush

Lincoln
06-01-2004, 09:28 PM
By Scott Wheeler
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
June 01, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - As Congress returns from its Memorial Day recess, two senators may need to revise one of their harshest critiques about the Bush administration's actions in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, especially now that Bush critic Richard Clarke has contradicted one of his own key statements.

It turns out that President Bush and other top members of his administration had nothing to do with the decision to let members of Osama bin Laden's family depart the United States in the days immediately after 9/11, despite the suggestions of Democratic Senators Barbara Boxer of California and Charles Schumer of New York.

Clarke, the former White House counter-terrorism official and author of a recent book blasting the Bush administration's handling of intelligence leading up to the terrorist attacks, told The Hill newspaper last week that he gave the go-ahead for two members of the bin Laden family and other Saudi nationals to leave the U.S.

"It didn't get any higher than me," Clarke told The Hill . "I take responsibility for it. I don't think it was a mistake, and I'd do it again."

Full Story (http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200406\POL 20040601a.html)

But someone will soon tell us that Clarke is a BCE agent. :rolleyes:

Viking
06-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Clarke made the mistake of listening to Terry McAwful's talking points, now he's been caught blowing methane out both ends of his rectal tract. And under oath, at that. OUCH! :D