PDA

View Full Version : Political Correctness and why my new computer class sucks

Sensible Shoes
01-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I started my Web Design Class this AM. 17 people were registered 32 showed up. Lots of people, credit and non-credit, some way more advanced, some already running e-commerce sites, etc. Two of these are Chinese people who barely speak English. The girl spent five minutes asking what email address she should use to send the instructor mail - this, after he clearly stated we were to use our student email address.

When the instructor got through the syllabus, he seemed not to know what to do - asked the STUDENTS if they just left early on the first day or what? I looked through the syllabus and noticed some acronyms I didn't know - and asked if he could identify them. So when he did, the chinese guy starts babbling in badly broken English - nobody kinows what he's saying - and it finally comes out that this stuff is too basic and the more advanced people shouldn't have to sit through it. Later I saw him out in the parking lot waving his arms around with some other young little assholes from the class. Also heard the phrase "shit we learned in second grade".

I resisted telling the little fuck if he wanted to play genius that he should go to a real school and get a real degree, and that his fucking mangling of the ENglish language was going to cost us more time than me asking basic questions.

BUT THAT WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED IN GRANOLA CRUNCHING, TREE HUGGING, POLITICALLY CORRECT MASSACHUSETTS - the land of the "free" and the home of the gay.

Well fuck this, I don't care if I am slightly in over my head, I ain't quittin' . I will stay there and ask whatever the fuck I want just to spite this little mother fucker. I paid my money too.

Shoes is getting belligerent. Finally.

Seshmeister
01-27-2010, 05:59 PM
It's always important for women to have an 'enemy' in class or the workplace.

Identifying yours so quickly will save you time in the long term. :)

Sensible Shoes
01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Wow Sesh, when did you start hating me so much?

Seshmeister
01-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey not at all.

Just a couple of anti dog posts(we are having some dogshit issues here) and a general observation about girls. :)

Sensible Shoes
01-27-2010, 09:48 PM
I swear this guy is not the designated enemy. Well except he is Chinese and his country is taking over our economy and shit.

Seshmeister
01-27-2010, 10:19 PM
I always tease the SM about the 'enemy'.

Maybe there will be someone else then. It is more usual for the enemy to be another girl... :)

Hardrock69
01-28-2010, 01:29 AM
I once took a college algebra class. The instructor was an attractive woman from Lebanon.

I read through the textbook in a week, and had no problems understanding any of it.

I shoulda just tested out, but I went dutifully to class each day for about 6 weeks, until I couldn't stand it any longer. Listening to people struggle with the most basic of shit was all that I got out of the class. I eventually just quit going. Yeah, wasted my money, but then, I never had much use for algebra anyway in real life. Was just going to take the class for the credit.

Sensible Shoes
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Well maybe this asshole will quit.

They called yesterday and split the class in half. Hopefully, they will put the matriculating students in the earlier one, and those of us who actually work for a living (or hope to again) in the second section. If I am EXTREMELY lucky, not only will I not see broken english man any more, I might get to sleep an hour later.

Igosplut
01-28-2010, 02:10 PM

BUT THAT WOULD NOT BE TOLERATED IN GRANOLA CRUNCHING, TREE HUGGING, POLITICALLY CORRECT MASSACHUSETTS - the land of the "free" and the home of the gay.

HA!

Just wait until you have to go to a doctor if you think the teachers are bad......