PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Supreme Court, corporations can now run for office

FORD
01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAxbZ67p5pA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAxbZ67p5pA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kwame k
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Man, I thought you were fucking around, FORD! Boy, was I wrong.

The flood gates are open and until We The People fight to strip the influence of Corporations and Lobbyists out of our system, I see this as the dark ages, politically speaking.

Blackflag
01-28-2010, 04:44 PM
"No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen." Art. 1, Cl. 2.

Shitty or not, I'm pretty sure the decision said corporations could contribute money to political campaigns. Not that they're people. Not that they can run for office.

Moronic shit like this just takes credibility away from the legitimate argument and makes the talking head look like a buffoon. Much like saying "repuke."

Sensible Shoes
01-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I didn't think corporations could run for congress, I just thought they already ran congress.

kwame k
01-28-2010, 05:00 PM
I didn't think corporations could run for congress, I just thought they already ran congress.:biggrin:

FORD
01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
"No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen." Art. 1, Cl. 2.

Shitty or not, I'm pretty sure the decision said corporations could contribute money to political campaigns. Not that they're people. Not that they can run for office.

Moronic shit like this just takes credibility away from the legitimate argument and makes the talking head look like a buffoon. Much like saying "repuke."

Uh, Pibbles..... you DID get that this guy was doing this deliberately to point out the absurdity of the BCE 5's ridiculous court decision, right?

Blackflag
01-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Yes, and hyperbole is really effective with kids.

The decision is disturbing, but not "ridiculous."

Congress can act if they don't like the decision, and that's what really bothers everybody - because they know they won't.