PDA

View Full Version : Obama at the Republican Retreat

Baby's On Fire
01-30-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm surprised no one started at thread on this yet...especially FORD.

Did anyone watch this?

Obama kicked the shit out of 140 smug republicans who thought they would embarras the president...Instead, Obama single handedly took on 140 snakes and roasted all of them on a spit...then made snake skins boots of of 'em.

Every question posed by the repukes was filled with talking points and flat out lies...that Obama expsoed for the bullshit it was in every single response.

He laid them to waste.....Loved it.

LoungeMachine
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Link?

FORD
01-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Here's a couple highlights from the event....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGcR222Z98o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGcR222Z98o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVXkg3bWmbY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVXkg3bWmbY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baby's On Fire
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Dude...It was LIVE on CNN and has been ALL OVER the news for the past 24 hours.......

Get out from under the rock and turn on the TV......You can see portions of it on msnbc.com and it's probably still all over CNN.

I can't believe you didn't know about this...every news program is talking about this being an unprecedented event.

Obama kicked the sorry shit out of the Republicans right in their own retreat...it was unreal....So much for his need for a teleprompter....it was awesome to watch his command of the issues and rebuttal of the BS spewed by the repukes.....Very impressive.

Baby's On Fire
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
FORD....I can't believe you weren't posting the live play-by-play while this was aired.......

This was fucking awesome to watch....He smoked 'em.

FORD
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Here's the full Q&A session if you're bored shitless......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oBuG2TdgMn0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oBuG2TdgMn0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Obama and GOP in rare face-to-face encounter - White House- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35146450/ns/politics-white_house/)

I think it took a lot of balls for him to attend, knowing he would really have no "supporters" there....

I was impressed, though, in that there were no real dickhead questions... Some of the more pointed questions were ones that had been asked in the press recently, such as not televising the health care debates....

It'd be nice if it led to some kind of thawing of the partisanship, but I'm not holding my breath....

FORD
01-30-2010, 04:40 PM
FORD....I can't believe you weren't posting the live play-by-play while this was aired.......

This was fucking awesome to watch....He smoked 'em.

I pulled the plug on my cable TV a while back, so I don't have any of the news channels, or even C-SPAN at the moment. Though I'm trying to get that back at least, or some streaming alternatives online, which my firewall doesn't seem to play nice with.

LoungeMachine
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Dude...It was LIVE on CNN and has been ALL OVER the news for the past 24 hours.......

Get out from under the rock and turn on the TV......You can see portions of it on msnbc.com and it's probably still all over CNN.

I can't believe you didn't know about this...every news program is talking about this being an unprecedented event.

Obama kicked the sorry shit out of the Republicans right in their own retreat...it was unreal....So much for his need for a teleprompter....it was awesome to watch his command of the issues and rebuttal of the BS spewed by the repukes.....Very impressive.

Not that I didnt know about it, or see some of it...

But when you start a thread about something like this, it's customary to post a link/vid.

:gulp:

But I know you'd prefer to just post 3 paragraphs whining about the request instead of posting something.

Baby's On Fire
01-30-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm surprised you found this boring...Obama was impressive as fuck...And as for VA syaing there were no "dickhead questions"...um...every repuke question was prefaced with GOP talking points and bullshit "facts"..which the president exposed as flat-out lies for everyone to see.

I mean he smoked all of 'em...flat out.

Of course the knuckle dragger extreme righties will find some way to twist it all around...for example, they're saying since Obama exposed their bullshit in his replies, he was "un-cooperative".

Va Beach VH Fan
01-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but they asked them in a respectful way, gotta give them credit for that.... If they're valid questions, they've got every right to ask them....

LoungeMachine
01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Contrast this to the previous administration, who wouldn't take the hard questions, and only surround themselves with "friendlies" Jimmy/Jeff Gannon/Guckert anyone?

And IF a hard question did manage to sneak through, it was ignored, and the questioner banished to Topeka.

:gulp:

I have many, many issues with The Obama Administration's first year, but I'll give him credit he can take a punch, and swing back.

Baby's On Fire
01-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Fair enough...If you consider basing the questions on flat-out lies in the lead-up....lies which the questionner knows are lies....as respectful....then yes you're right.

However, the fact they're asking questions based on false facts that they think the president and viewers are too stupid to realize are lies.....Kinda like a typical republican campaign.

I recall hearing one of the talking heads on MSNBC on the post-analysis mentioning how some Republicans "regretted" allowing live coverage...I wonder why?

Because Obama hoisted them on their own pitard......

kwame k
01-30-2010, 06:03 PM

Did anyone watch this?

Obama kicked the shit out of 140 smug republicans who thought they would embarras the president...Instead, Obama single handedly took on 140 snakes and roasted all of them on a spit...then made snake skins boots of of 'em.

Every question posed by the repukes was filled with talking points and flat out lies...that Obama expsoed for the bullshit it was in every single response.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/57829-state-union-thread-2.html#post1425393

sadaist
01-30-2010, 10:11 PM
I think it took a lot of balls for him to attend, knowing he would really have no "supporters" there....

Not really. Bush did this with the Democrats. It would have taken more balls to tell them to go to hell and not show up.

LoungeMachine
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Not really. Bush did this with the Democrats. It would have taken more balls to tell them to go to hell and not show up.

when? where?

Baby's On Fire
01-30-2010, 11:40 PM

Ummmm...not it wouldn't have taken more balls.

Obama went to the Repub retreat...and singlehandedly fielded every question and laid waste to every lying republican there...and he didn't even break a sweat.

Half the time you could see him smiling in anticipation of his response...knowing he was gonna make them look the lying scumbags they are. And he did in live and unedited on nationalTV

This was a Republican slaughter...singlehandedly by Mr.O.

A massive route of the republicans....they're all still lickin' their balls in pain.

Sgt Schultz
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Did anyone watch this?

Hensarling destroys Obama in deficit kerfuffle (http://trueslant.com/williamdupray/2010/02/01/hensarling-destroys-obama-in-deficit-kerfuffle/)

When Obama addressed the GOP retreat in Baltimore over the weekend, Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Tex) took the president to task for paying lip service to deficit reduction and then exploding the national debt with trillion dollar budget deficits as far as the eye can see. As a side note, Obama referred to Jeb as “Jim” three times (which the official White House transcript edited despite video proof (http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/01/cover-up-at-white-house-transc.html)of the gaffe).

Here’s (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/29/AR2010012902848_2.html?sid=ST2010012902909) the transcript.

Hensarling: You are soon to submit a new budget, Mr. President. Will that new budget, like your old budget, triple the national debt and continue to take us down the path of increasing the cost of government to almost 25 percent of our economy? That’s the question, Mr. President.

Obama: Now, look, let’s talk about the budget, once again, because I’ll go through it with you line by line.

The fact of the matter is, is that when we came into office, the deficit was $1.3 trillion. $1.3 trillion. So — so when you say that suddenly I’ve got a monthly budget that is higher than the annual — or a monthly deficit that’s higher than the annual deficit left by Republicans, that’s factually just not true, and you know it’s not true.

And what is true is that we came in already with a $1.3 trillion deficit before I had passed any law. What is true is, we came in with $8 trillion worth of debt over the next decade.

Had nothing to do with anything that we had done. It had to do with the fact that in 2000, when there was a budget surplus of $200 billion, you had a Republican administration and a Republican Congress, and we had two tax cuts that weren’t paid for, you had a prescription drug plan — the biggest entitlement plan, by the way, in several decades — that was passed, without it being paid for, you had two wars that were done through supplementals, and then you had $3 trillion projected because of the lost revenue of this recession.

That’s $8 trillion. Now, we increased it by $1 trillion because of the spending that we had to make on the stimulus.

I am happy to have any independent factchecker out there take a look at your presentation versus mine in terms of the accuracy of what I just said.

Hensarling didn’t appreciate being called a liar by the president, so he went on Morning Joe to have his own Joe Wilson moment to prove the president, who welcomed the fact-checking, was, in fact the liar.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TWcsly7e2Ew&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TWcsly7e2Ew&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Transcript:

Well, either the President misunderstood the point or he just hasn’t been well informed. If you look at the 12 years when Republicans controlled the Congress, the average annual deficit was about $104 billion. I’m not proud of that number. That’s too high. But in the three years that Democrats have controlled Congress, the average annual deficit is now $1.1 Trillion. Do the math. What used to be an annual deficit under Republicans has become a monthly deficit under Democrats.

Did the president think he was going to get away with a provably false claim that his astonishing, historic budget deficits were somehow less than those of his predecessors? The man has an inexplicable supply of self-confidence.

jhale667
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Ummmm...not it wouldn't have taken more balls.

Obama went to the Repub retreat...and singlehandedly fielded every question and laid waste to every lying republican there...and he didn't even break a sweat.

Half the time you could see him smiling in anticipation of his response...knowing he was gonna make them look the lying scumbags they are. And he did in live and unedited on nationalTV

This was a Republican slaughter...singlehandedly by Mr.O.

A massive route of the republicans....they're all still lickin' their balls in pain.

Deny all you want; go ahead, spew some more useless Republican talking points. Won't matter. He killed your guys - single-handedly.