PDA

View Full Version : Ac/dc and judas priest win at the grammy awards

ace diamond
02-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Nominees | GRAMMY.com (http://www.grammy.com/nominees)
AC/DC WON FOR "WAR MACHINE" FROM THE "BLACK ICE" ALBUM.
JUDAS PRIEST WON FOR "DISSIDENT AGGRESSOR" FROM THE 2008 "A TOUCH OF EVIL-LIVE"
ALBUM.
anyone who thinks i am full of fucking shit feel free to follow the link i have provided.
it just really fucking sucks shit ass fucking balls that CBS are such fucking bitch slapped pussies that they did not air the older "classic rock" and "vintage heavy metal" bands winning at the grammy awards.
on one hand, it is cool that older bands we(boards members that are over 30)
grew up with are finally getting some proper recognition from the industry,
but at the same time, the networks that were broadcasting it (COLUMBIA BROADCASTING SYSTEMS, A.K.A. CBS) went out of their way to kowtow to the under 25 viewers audiences by not showing the older "CLASSIC" bands winning alongside the rap crap and whatever else other nonsense actually is considered "music" nowadays" by the "bubblegum tennybopper flavor of the day, keeping up with the joneses" crowd of utter stupidity and nonsensical
noise and mindless worker bee computer drone drivin drivel that gets
loosely called "music" these days.

whilst I am not the most talented musician on the planet, at least my music on my albums is real music.
i spent the time and effort working to write the music and the lyrics, spent the money for the studio time, produced it myself, played my guitar, sang my lyrics, and made my music my way.
my music is inspired by classic rock and vintage heavy metal because I grew up during that era.
love or hate my material, and say whatever shit you will, you cannot deny that at least I am trying to keep that old torch alive and burning.
I will continue to do so until the day i die!

To Quote the founders of heavy metal, BLACK SABBATH,
"Nobody I Know Can Ever Take My rock And Roll Away From Me"
"Back Street Kids" from "Technical Ecstacy" album of 1976.
Heavy Metal turns 40 on February 13.
The 1st Black Sabbath Album was released on Friday The 13th, February, 1970.

I am very deeply proud that heavy metal is not dead.
I am very proud rock and roll is not dead.
Unfortunately, and I have tried, if you try to educate the young of today,
and those just coming of legal age or legal drinking age, whom were born
during the "van hagar" era when I was still in school, or most of us were either done or just finishing or dropping out of school, and still a few here were long finished, about the pioneers of rock and roll from the 1950's, and where rock and roll all came from, you face a futile task of disinterst of the utmost order.
Even though Chuck Berry and "THE KILLER HIMSELF" Jerry Lee Lewis are still touring, and Little Richard is still living, these kids today primarily couldn't care less.
I mean, for fuck sake, if it weren't for Les Paul, and his inventions such as the sold body electric guitar, and the recording process known as overdubbing, things like "sampling" that is basically stealing a piece of a song from somebody else for use by way of bastardisation in a "RAP CRAP" #
is beyong insulting.

it breaks my heart that memory and attentions spans these days amongst
most folks under 40 rivals that of a gnat.
It is especially sad to me because I am only 32.
Ace Diamond
discuss.

twonabomber
02-01-2010, 06:50 AM
they can't show everything, the actual awards start way before the TV coverage hits the air.

not defending the operation, but it's a fact...

sonrisa salvaje
02-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Great news. Two great bands getting some long overdue recognition. In Grammy bizzaro fashion AC/DC gets an award for one of the more lackluster tracks on their record and Priest gets an award for a live track.

I say get it anyway you can from these clueless knuckleheads. It just makes up for the past nominations they didn't get when they actually did the work that deserved it.

LoungeMachine
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
they can't show everything, the actual awards start way before the TV coverage hits the air.

Ace is just so used to being busted for lies, that he needs to let you know this one is REAL, and he has the link to prove it.....

:gulp:

Unchainme
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
AC/DC's last album was terrible. Overplayed and just not even worth listening to.

Really, as a group there's been nothing since "The Razor's Edge" worthing having as a CD. (Satelite Blues was an okay song, not their best by a long shot though.)

binnie
02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
AC/DC's last album was terrible. Overplayed and just not even worth listening to.

Really, as a group there's been nothing since "The Razor's Edge" worthing having as a CD. (Satelite Blues was an okay song, not their best by a long shot though.)

Absolutely correct, Sir.

AC/DC are a modern marvel - how a band that hasn't put out anything in the last 30 years which rates above mediocre can still sell millions of records is beyond me. It's the sheer charisma of the music that lets them get away with songs written on an etch-a-sketch.

As for Judas Priest winning a Grammy - for Nostradamus? C'mon, was the category 'Most Pretentious Bag of Wank'?

So many great modern hard rock/metal bands that are overshadowed by the dinosaurs that still clutter everything up. Both deserve their place in our stereo's, but only one group is truly pushing things forward.

Mr Badguy
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
"Dissident Aggressor" deserves an award for breaking HM ground in `77.

sonrisa salvaje
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Absolutely correct, Sir.

AC/DC are a modern marvel - how a band that hasn't put out anything in the last 30 years which rates above mediocre can still sell millions of records is beyond me. It's the sheer charisma of the music that lets them get away with songs written on an etch-a-sketch.

As for Judas Priest winning a Grammy - for Nostradamus? C'mon, was the category 'Most Pretentious Bag of Wank'?

So many great modern hard rock/metal bands that are overshadowed by the dinosaurs that still clutter everything up. Both deserve their place in our stereo's, but only one group is truly pushing things forward.

Settle down there Binstradamus. :biggrin:

Hardrock69
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
It wasn't for Nostradamus, for the record.

It was Best Heavy Metal Performance.

sonrisa salvaje
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
It wasn't for Nostradamus, for the record.

It was Best Heavy Metal Performance.

Exactly. A live version of a track that appeared on 1977's Sin After Sin.

Kristy
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM

I more or less liked Black Ice despite the many references that it was trying to be Back In Black Part II. In their 8 or so year absence they didn't return breaking new ground but after doing what they have for nearly 35 years why should they? Their formula may sound dated and at times tiresome but Agnus & Co. can still hit home the point they can kick the shit of all who have copied them over the years. Plus Rock & Roll Train is a great tune to work out to.

UK ROCKER
02-01-2010, 05:55 PM

Bang on!

When AC/DC replaced Bon in 1980 they thought they were just looking for a singer - WRONG!

They forgot that they were looking for a songwriter too, which Brian Johnson isn't(Really),

I recently bought th 1980 special of Classic Rock magazine, they interview Brian about Back In Black and he said that mutt Lange actually helped him write ideas and phrases as he just didn't know what to write..

It says here that Brian hasn't written anything since 1990! WTF!!!

link - Guitar World - Google Books (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=hfsDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq=ac/dc+black+ice%22+writing+credits&source=bl&ots=u6KVJB51NP&sig=gv5LFkVYvFou9AqURO2EQ5xgElc&hl=en&ei=lVpnS896mvbTBNjKsf0B&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBIQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=ac%2Fdc%20black%20ice%22%20writing%20credits&f=false)

PS I still love Back In Black & For Those About Rock

Panamark
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM
I think sometimes these awards are paybacks for years gone past when
they *SHOULD* have actually received it, and didnt.

GreenBayLA
02-02-2010, 01:14 AM

Yeah , they did away with announcing the polka category a few years back as well. Bastards!!!

:mad0233:

ace diamond
02-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Ace is just so used to being busted for lies, that he needs to let you know this one is REAL, and he has the link to prove it.....

:gulp:

please stay on topic.