PDA

View Full Version : Time's Up!!! OK Obama, no more blaming Bush!

BigBadBrian
02-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Obama is still blaming Bush for this country's economic woes when he's still spending money like a sailor in a whore-house on payday.

Man-up Barry, you wanted the job; you promised change, supposedly for the better...now quit whining and fix it!!!

Dr. Love
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I see your time away from the Army has really honed your political debate skills.

standin
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Dr. Love, your siggy picture is the weirdest thing.

ZahZoo
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM

That's just the tip of the weirdness iceberg when it come to ole Doc Love...

That boy's weird knows no bounds...

sadaist
02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
he's still spending money like a sailor in a whore-house on payday.

Wrong. Sailors don't spend money they don't have.

Guitar Shark
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
I see your time away from the Army has really honed your political debate skills.

I think he said there was an intensive debate seminar at that NAMBLA retreat he attended.

BigBadBrian
02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I think he said there was an intensive debate seminar at that NAMBLA retreat he attended.

You obviously got your skull crushed in when one of those ambulances you were chasing suddenly stopped.

And ole Doc Love, he could never debate with me...still can't. Pitiful man, really.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Just like old times.......

:gulp:

I love when NeoCon Shitbags have these memory lapses, and block out 2000 - 2008

thome
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Just like old times.......

:gulp:

I love when NeoCon Shitbags have these memory lapses, and block out 2000 - 2008

I used to work for a company that was developing an new (this is all hush hush, so keep it to yourself).... neocon sh!tbags, we were hoping to corner the markets in designer colors and the new trends.

We lost our funding due to the new deal sh!tbags that are going under the name, stimulos democrappantspads with the pissy bitch leg closures. They didn't work either, but the dems are still swimming in it.

Guitar Shark
02-03-2010, 02:52 PM
You obviously got your skull crushed in when one of those ambulances you were chasing suddenly stopped.

And ole Doc Love, he could never debate with me...still can't. Pitiful man, really.

LOL... uh, good one.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Wrong. Sailors don't spend money they don't have.

I know I sure as hell did.... :hee:

bueno bob
02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Obama is still blaming Bush for this country's economic woes when he's still spending money like a sailor in a whore-house on payday.

Man-up Barry, you wanted the job; you promised change, supposedly for the better...now quit whining and fix it!!!

Should he just make the check out to you directly?

So let's see...you've got a forest on fire that's been burning for, oh, let's say a month. The previous firefighters were throwing fuel on the flames instead of retardant or water while saying "Well, it's not as bad as it looks". A new fire chief with a new team gets called in to deal with it while half of the old firefighters are still in place and still refuse to do anything to help matters. Half of the new firefighters end up standing around with their thumbs up their ass.

YOUR logic is - "It's his fire now! He promised he'd put it out, and 'supposedly' the forest was going to be better! Why isn't it out yet? BE A MAN!"

Now I see why the Republican mindset gets fuck all done in this country.

Dr. Love
02-05-2010, 10:40 AM

So let's see...you've got a forest on fire that's been burning for, oh, let's say a month. The previous firefighters were throwing fuel on the flames instead of retardant or water while saying "Well, it's not as bad as it looks". A new fire chief with a new team gets called in to deal with it while half of the old firefighters are still in place and still refuse to do anything to help matters. Half of the new firefighters end up standing around with their thumbs up their ass.

YOUR logic is - "It's his fire now! He promised he'd put it out, and 'supposedly' the forest was going to be better! Why isn't it out yet? BE A MAN!"

Don't encourage him, I'm not sure we can stand another assault of those "debate skills" of his.

ZahZoo
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM

To heck with BigBadBrian... yes, please send the check to me immediately!!

Show me the money!!

BigBadBrian
02-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Listen ShortBus, try reading it all again. You may possibly even understand it. :biggrin:

sadaist
02-06-2010, 10:45 AM
The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country....and not what the country thought was best. He knew what we needed better than we did. He focused all his energy on making really good promises, making friends around the globe, and getting his health care agenda passed. Instead, he should have concentrated on unemployment, home foreclosures & war. He just said that "2010 our primary focus is going to be jobs". That's great, but we really needed that from the get go.

FORD
02-06-2010, 11:04 AM
The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country....and not what the country thought was best. He knew what we needed better than we did. He focused all his energy on making really good promises, making friends around the globe, and getting his health care agenda passed. Instead, he should have concentrated on unemployment, home foreclosures & war. He just said that "2010 our primary focus is going to be jobs". That's great, but we really needed that from the get go.

Well, the "making friends around the globe" part was certainly important, given what Chimp and Cheney had done to this country. Health care should have been tied in with the jobs and the economy - by taking a serious look at all the countries who are NOT having the economic troubles we are, and figuring out why that's the case (health care is a big part of it) Instead, the douchebag DLC'ers in Congress allowed it to morph into a bailout of the criminal insurance industry.

As for the wars..... the only reasonable thing to do is end them, and pull the plug on the BCE's bullshit "war on terra" narrative. Bin Laden is dead, and nobody believes the guy with his dick on fire was a serious threat to anybody.

Blackflag
02-06-2010, 01:18 PM
The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country....and not what the country thought was best. He knew what we needed better than we did.

I was going to say he did what he thought was best for Wall Street. I guess it was just a coincidence that all those banks were his largest campaign donors. The guy is just a drone for big business and special interests. 4 years of nothing. Then people will get a new drone they think will bring change and save the world. Maybe Howard Dean or Sarah Palin will be different. Sure.

Nickdfresh
02-06-2010, 06:30 PM
The problem with Obamas first year was that he did what he thought was best for the country.....

Oh. How silly of him...

Damn you Obama! Damn you all to HEEELLLLL!!!!!!

Nickdfresh
02-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Don't encourage him, I'm not sure we can stand another assault of those "debate skills" of his.

Yes, BBB is truly a master-debater... :)

Nickdfresh
02-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I was going to say he did what he thought was best for Wall Street. I guess it was just a coincidence that all those banks were his largest campaign donors....

You mean like the populist banking reform legislation that sent Wall St. plummeting lately, Sherlock?

thome
02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh. How silly of him...

Damn you Obama! Damn you all to HEEELLLLL!!!!!!

I am also pissed that he took what was left of our reserves and also borrowed aginst our future and gave those trillions to the guys who make the things that burn the fuels that pollute the world that give you reasons to post global warming threads.

We finally agree!

Or didn't you realize that all the while you were backing the stimulous package ?

Nickdfresh
02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I am also pissed that he took what was left of our reserves and also borrowed aginst our future and gave those trillions to the guys who make the things that burn the fuels that pollute the world that give you reasons to post global warming threads.

We finally agree!

LOL "Borrowed our future?" The Republicans have been doing that for the last decade! They've been borrowing from the CHINESE to fund a military industrial complex largely to defend against and menace the CHINESE!!!!

How much fucking sense did that make?

Or didn't you realize that all the while you were backing the stimulous package ?

Chump, the "stimulous" began with Bush. And yes, I agreed partially with the stimulus and so has nearly every economist as it helped stabilize the U.S. economy and prevented a more serious economic depression...

ULTRAMAN VH
02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, unless you are a fan of the fact that The Prez is continuing the shrinkage of the private sector and the growth, expansion and intrusion of big government into our lives, he really isn't fixing anything. He is just making it worse.

GAR
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM

If you were an American you'd know that's a merge of a Star Trek villain searching for the crew of the Enterprise, but finding Waldo in a Where's Waldo poster.

GAR
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
LOL "Borrowed our future?" The Republicans have been doing that for the last decade! They've been borrowing from the CHINESE to fund a military industrial complex largely to defend against and menace the CHINESE!!!!

How much fucking sense did that make?

Chump, the "stimulous" began with Bush. And yes, I agreed partially with the stimulus and so has nearly every economist as it helped stabilize the U.S. economy and prevented a more serious economic depression...

The stimulus began the moment the Dems controlled Congress in majority, get it right.

In one year Obama tripled the national debt. Not Bush, Obama and his Dems voted for that. And they wanna do it again in the next couple weeks, so get your BooshSaytan placards handy for that one.

How about this: ask your guy about his "no lobbyists" rule now that he's got over 60 in his cabinet? Or ask him when that's gonna stop.. no time soon's my guess.

bueno bob
02-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Listen ShortBus, try reading it all again. You may possibly even understand it. :biggrin:

Oh trust me, I got the point quite well. The same empty headed vapid points every other dittohead has...our entertainers say so, so it must be so and fuck all rationality along the way.

Unless you actually HAVE a deeper point which you've done us the favor of not extrapolating on thus far. I'm inclined to doubt that you do, based on your apparent lack of reason, sensibility and the go-nowhere saber rattling "I'M ANGRY AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!" bullshit of a spam/post.

On the plus side, I actually lowered my standards and deigned to respond to such retarded drivel, so I guess you must have done something right; I guess you have that much to be pleased about.

bueno bob
02-06-2010, 11:05 PM
The stimulus began the moment the Dems controlled Congress in majority, get it right.

And was going to happen no matter WHO got elected, since there really was no alternative.

Get it right.

bueno bob
02-06-2010, 11:06 PM
If you were an American you'd know that's a merge of a Star Trek villain searching for the crew of the Enterprise, but finding Waldo in a Where's Waldo poster.

That wasn't his original signature at the time it got posted, numb nuts. It was the dog dragging his ass across the carpet. Being "an American!" has fuckall to do with it, other than in your own limited mentality. I mean, unless you've got some fucking brilliant idea that only folks in the U.S. know anything about Star Trek.

The ass dragging reminded me of you, actually. Glad to see you showed up to drag your own ass across this thread.

Blackflag
02-07-2010, 02:34 AM
You mean like the populist banking reform legislation that sent Wall St. plummeting lately, Sherlock?

Wow, that's wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start.

- A 5% drop after a 50% run is not "plummeting."

- The 5% drop has nothing to do with the proposed "reform." There's not even legislation yet to be concerned about. It started with China pulling back lending, the debt worries of european countries (Greece, Spain, etc.), our shitty unemployment number last week, and a natural pullback. Reform, whatever.

- The "reform" that's being discussed is a joke. It's nothing for the banks to be concerned about, and it wouldn't even touch most of the places that got the tarp money. In fact, didn't Goldman Sachs cry last week that a whole 10% of their business would be subject to the reform? Wow, 10%, cry for me. 90% unchanged.

- The "reform" is being discussed in Congress. Not by Obama.

- In a broader sense, are you really arguing that after flat-out giving these entities $500+ billion in cash, that this reform (that is nowhere near legislation) is these politicians showing these banks who's boss? It proves Obama and Congress is not beholden to them? Come on. You can't say that with a straight face.

So, I'm sorry, I don't understand what point you're trying to make. Wall Street owns Obama. Period. Look at the top donors to his campaign and look at who he gave billions of dollars to. You've already established yourself as an Obama apologist, so nobody can take you seriously on this topic.

Did you say "populist?" Yeah, the government is really "populist" right now. :lmao:

Nickdfresh
02-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Wow, that's wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start.

- A 5% drop after a 50% run is not "plummeting."

Oh please! The Dow dropped over 100% since it's all time high. A 50% run is nothing but an adjustment as the Dow was undervalued at the height (or bottom) of things at the end of 2008...

- The 5% drop has nothing to do with the proposed "reform."

Where are you getting this from? It had EVERYTHING to do with legislation and it directly coincided with the signing of it.

There's not even legislation yet to be concerned about. It started with China pulling back lending, the debt worries of european countries (Greece, Spain, etc.), our shitty unemployment number last week, and a natural pullback. Reform, whatever.

Several weeks later, and the unemployment numbers have unexpectedly dropped below 10%...The instances of irrational fear mongering you mentioned happened later..

- The "reform" that's being discussed is a joke. It's nothing for the banks to be concerned about, and it wouldn't even touch most of the places that got the tarp money. In fact, didn't Goldman Sachs cry last week that a whole 10% of their business would be subject to the reform? Wow, 10%, cry for me. 90% unchanged.

It reduces their "profitability," which is everything they're concerned about! More importantly, it also is representative of an age where legislators can "hunt and peck" to close loopholes abusive to consumers as the banks try to bait and switch...

And not necessarily everything Goldman BallSachs does is inherently evil when not directly effecting the mass of consumers...

- The "reform" is being discussed in Congress. Not by Obama.

He was one of the major forces behind it last time I checked and lobbied for it. He certainly won't veto it!

- In a broader sense, are you really arguing that after flat-out giving these entities $500+ billion in cash, that this reform (that is nowhere near legislation) is these politicians showing these banks who's boss? It proves Obama and Congress is not beholden to them? Come on. You can't say that with a straight face.

The gov't "gave" them $500 billion and the banks have largely given most of it back as they grew tired of what they considered strings attached of gov't meddling...

So, I'm sorry, I don't understand what point you're trying to make. Wall Street owns Obama. Period. Look at the top donors to his campaign and look at who he gave billions of dollars to. You've already established yourself as an Obama apologist, so nobody can take you seriously on this topic.

Did you say "populist?" Yeah, the government is really "populist" right now. :lmao:

The point I'm trying to make is that Wall St. "owns" the American economy, stupid, like it or not, and Obama or any other president has to deal with that. The term "populist" was not my coining. It was all over the various wings of the media --I assume you read it?

What do you want Obama to do exactly? To destroy the economy to prove a point? I certainly support policies which support "Main St." over Wall St., but they're not easy to enact without the "guber'ment" paranoids crying
"Bull'shove'ism!!"

Obama goes populist as Democrats lick their wounds - washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/23/AR2010012301010.html)

And if I'm an "apologist," then you're the mindless blamer/scapegoater like the unwashed masses of Tea-baggers that links everything to a single president while failing to offer an alternative nor understand the limits of his power -- especially in the face of a largely ignorant public fixated on said Tea-bagging and honestly believing whatever he does is some "so'shall'sit" ballyhoo...

Blackflag
02-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh please! The Dow dropped over 100% since it's all time high. A 50% run is nothing but an adjustment as the Dow was undervalued at the height (or bottom) of things at the end of 2008...

And you think it's supposed to be straight up back to the high. Ok.

Where are you getting this from? It had EVERYTHING to do with legislation and it directly coincided with the signing of it.

There is no legislation.

Several weeks later, and the unemployment numbers have unexpectedly dropped below 10%...

Not because of new jobs. Because of "long term unemployment" - people falling of the unemployed rolls, because they're not looking anymore. Somebody last week estimated "real" unemployment at a high of 20% now.

The instances of irrational fear mongering you mentioned happened later..

What's irrational about China pulling back its lending? You're not arguing facts anymore.

It reduces their "profitability," which is everything they're concerned about!

Yeah, because Goldman Sachs is having problems with profitability. They would be hurting if you regulated 10% of their business. :umm:

More importantly, it also is representative of an age where legislators can "hunt and peck" to close loopholes abusive to consumers as the banks try to bait and switch...

Fascinating. You realize that Goldman Sachs doesn't even lend to individuals, right? That's why this reform is pointless, and wall street doesn't really give a fuck about it. Even the banks who do - aren't doing much lending right now. So they don't give a FUCK.

And not necessarily everything Goldman BallSachs does is inherently evil when not directly effecting the mass of consumers...

No, I don't think they're evil. They're just looking out for theirs. Who's evil are the politicians who shoveled my fucking cash to them.

He was one of the major forces behind it last time I checked and lobbied for it. He certainly won't veto it!

So it went from Obama is cracking down on the banks to... 'well, at least he won't veto it!' :lmao:

The gov't "gave" them $500 billion and the banks have largely given most of it back as they grew tired of what they considered strings attached of gov't meddling...

"Largely" is one of those words people use when they're bullshitting. Show me the number. No, it's "largely" sitting in accounts, buying treasuries to earn free interest, because some fucking retard never conditioned that they have to lend the money out.

The term "populist" was not my coining. It was all over the various wings of the media

Everything you write comes from the media...

And if I'm an "apologist," then you're the mindless blamer/scapegoater . . . that links everything to a single president.

That's bullshit, considering I blame the last president and the Congress, also. I blame every politician who hasn't voted against this shit. You, on the other hand, are on a crusade to avenge Obama's good name. :biggrin: Whatever.

Blackflag
02-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Boo yah - that was a long one!

Nickdfresh
02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
And you think it's supposed to be straight up back to the high. Ok.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said, fudge-nugget...

There is no legislation.

Actually there is, super-genius. When congress works on stuff, it's called "legislation."

Not because of new jobs. Because of "long term unemployment" - people falling of the unemployed rolls, because they're not looking anymore. Somebody last week estimated "real" unemployment at a high of 20% now.

You don't fall off unemployment rolls because you're not "looking anymore." You fall off because the benefits run out. Congratulations on figuring out the low ball of unemployment numbers though. I mentioned that several years ago here...

What's irrational about China pulling back its lending? You're not arguing facts anymore.

I don't know. What is "irrational about China pulling back its lending?" Why don't you answer your own question that has fucking nothing to do with anything I said, strawgirl?

Yeah, because Goldman Sachs is having problems with profitability. They would be hurting if you regulated 10% of their business. :umm:

Why would you necessarily try to destroy Goldman Douches profitability?

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Fascinating. You realize that Goldman Sachs doesn't even lend to individuals, right? That's why this reform is pointless, and wall street doesn't really give a fuck about it. Even the banks who do - aren't doing much lending right now. So they don't give a FUCK.

What's fascinating is that you're a retard that has failed to grasp that I was talking about the banking industry as a whole, and not Goldman Sachs.

And if Wall Street "didn't give a fuck," then why the consecutive drops of several hundred points after the news broke?

No, I don't think they're evil. They're just looking out for theirs. Who's evil are the politicians who shoveled my fucking cash to them.

"Shoveled YOUR cash?" Whooptee fucking dooo....

They shoveled most of it back...

So it went from Obama is cracking down on the banks to... 'well, at least he won't veto it!' :lmao:

I never said Obama was "cracking down," dummy. I said he was pushing legislation...

"Largely" is one of those words people use when they're bullshitting. Show me the number. No, it's "largely" sitting in accounts, buying treasuries to earn free interest, because some fucking retard never conditioned that they have to lend the money out.

You're an ignorant ass who hasn't even the basic adolescent grasp of it all! Why don't you show me your fucking numbers first? How much of the TARP was actually lost to the banking industry for good?

Everything you write comes from the media...

And everything you write comes out of your asshole...

That's bullshit, considering I blame the last president and the Congress, also. I blame every politician who hasn't voted against this shit. You, on the other hand, are on a crusade to avenge Obama's good name. :biggrin: Whatever.

Clickity clack! Cliche spam gasp (shits self).

Nitro Express
02-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Obama should blame Bill Clinton and Alan Greenspan for the economic mess because those two deregulated all the laws that allowed the speculation and abuse to happen.

Bush deserves blame as well.

Meanwhile Obama is blasting full steam ahead expanding the middle east wars and involving India to destabalize Pakistahn and buying off the Taliban. The Bush foriegn policy chugs along.

Nitro Express
02-08-2010, 01:35 AM

Presidents can only redistribute wealth with fiscal policy but one thing they can do is define problems and give motivation to solve them. One huge problem the US and the world has is a dependance on oil. There is much talk about the pollution effects of burning oil products and how key sources of oil are in unfriendly parts of the world. The president could issue a challenge to get the country off of oil in ten years and give incentives for the private sector to develop a solution. This would create a huge number of jobs and stimulate domestic technology. It would also create products the US could sell worldwide and bring much needed money back into the USA.

Seshmeister
02-08-2010, 11:08 AM

You would have wanted to risk Palin to be dealing with an economic crisis?

Are you fucking joking?

The markets would have collapsed at the thought of it before she could even fuck up.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Presidents can only redistribute wealth with fiscal policy but one thing they can do is define problems and give motivation to solve them. One huge problem the US and the world has is a dependance on oil. There is much talk about the pollution effects of burning oil products and how key sources of oil are in unfriendly parts of the world. The president could issue a challenge to get the country off of oil in ten years and give incentives for the private sector to develop a solution. This would create a huge number of jobs and stimulate domestic technology. It would also create products the US could sell worldwide and bring much needed money back into the USA.

i thought that was one of his "change" campaign points. maybe he's savin' that for 2011:umm:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Obama Doesn?t ?Begrudge? Bonuses for ?Savvy? Blankfein, Dimon - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20100210/pl_bloomberg/akgzkktzkala)

knuckleboner
02-11-2010, 04:17 PM
to be technical, the VAST majority of deficit spending today is a direct result of the bush administration's policies.

seriously. you don't think the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts were free do you? try billions of dollars a year in lost revenue. adding up to trillions rather quickly.

then there was medicare part D. a brand new entitlement. completely unpaid for.

then there were 2 wars to fight. but all done through supplemental appropriations, so that the yearly deficits didn't appear quite as bad as they should be.

of course, at the end of the day, it matters more who actually fixes the problem. but, with the republicans constantly blaming the democrats for prolifigant spending habits, it's worthwhile for a history lesson now and again...

Guitar Shark
02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
to be technical, the VAST majority of deficit spending today is a direct result of the bush administration's policies.

seriously. you don't think the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts were free do you? try billions of dollars a year in lost revenue. adding up to trillions rather quickly.

then there was medicare part D. a brand new entitlement. completely unpaid for.

then there were 2 wars to fight. but all done through supplemental appropriations, so that the yearly deficits didn't appear quite as bad as they should be.

of course, at the end of the day, it matters more who actually fixes the problem. but, with the republicans constantly blaming the democrats for prolifigant spending habits, it's worthwhile for a history lesson now and again...

Fuck... I hate it when I click the Groan button by mistake.

Stellar post, kb. Wish you were around more often!

knuckleboner
02-11-2010, 04:21 PM
new job, shark. makes it a little tougher, but you know, once you get pulled back in...

(by the way, speaking of stellar, thanks again for jim zorn...)