Leif Garrett arrested for heroin possession...AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Leif Garrett arrested for heroin possession...AGAIN!

1 hour, 48 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former teen idol Leif Garrett was released on bail on Wednesday, after being arrested and booked for heroin possession by police who saw him "shaking and sweating" on a subway platform, a law enforcement spokesman said.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Garrett, a 1970s child actor and pop star whose disco-era hits included "I Was Made for Dancing," was arrested on Monday when police approached him on a subway platform in Los Angeles because he was exhibiting "pronounced symptoms" of drug dependency, such as "shaking and sweating," said Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the L.A. sheriff.

Officers searched Garrett and found he possessed heroin, Whitmore said. The actor is due in court on February 24 to face charges in the case.

A spokeswoman for Garrett did not return calls.

Garrett, 48, has battled drug abuse for years, and in 2006 he was arrested for possession of heroin and sentenced to 90 days in jail after opting out of drug treatment.

In the 1970s, he covered songs like "Surfin' U.S.A." and "The Wanderer," and regularly was featured on the covers of teen magazines like Tiger Beat.

In 1998, a number of his songs were compiled and released in an album, "The Leif Garrett Collection." Most recently, he had a supporting role in 2005 film "Popstar," playing a janitor.

Link
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Hey, wanna throw your life down the shitter?

Here, take this wonderful drug....... it's called Heroin !!!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Is that a swastika on his forehead?

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If he had it why was he shaking??
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
          If he had it why was he shaking??

Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if it will come out that they just found residue & paraphernalia.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

I was shaking and sweating a few months ago when I was sick.

Comment

• Blackflag
              Banned
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
              Hey, wanna throw your life down the shitter?

Here, take this wonderful drug....... it's called Heroin !!!
              Why does heroin have to get a bad rap, just because of this jackass? Everything in moderation.

Comment

• Mushroom
                Commando
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Blackflag
                Why does heroin have to get a bad rap, just because of this jackass? Everything in moderation.
                I haven't heard any stories of people successfully using heroin in moderation. Then again, I don't listen because I don't give a fuck. I only hear stories of rehabilitation or death. And then those fuckers want kudos because they decided to put themselves through hell and came back from the dead. I don't give a crap about these loser success stories.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                  I haven't heard any stories of people successfully using heroin in moderation. Then again, I don't listen because I don't give a fuck. I only hear stories of rehabilitation or death. And then those fuckers want kudos because they decided to put themselves through hell and came back from the dead. I don't give a crap about these loser success stories.
                  That's the pisser about Garrett -you never hear of him pulling himself out of the spiral. Through his substance abuse problems, this bonehead managed to cripple his best friend in an accident, leaving the guy strapped to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. How much more obvious of a warning sign do ya need? Apparently it wasn't enough, as every 5 years or so, he decides to get caught, unless you believe he was standing on that subway platform on his way to a job interview.

And to be honest with ya, I didn't even know LA had a subway system.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• thome
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Mar 2005

typical cop.

see's man shaking and sweating..

1. may i see you drivers license...
                    2. check him for warrants...
                    3. because the cop sais so he can now check your body for weapons ..ect..
                    4. makes person do the dance touch nose while standing in a tutu..
                    5. ask if you have been drinking...gives cop probable cause to give breathalizer..
                    6. if you refuse and want to be left alone that is resisting arrest...
                    7. then cop takes you into the station and books you on any # of violations 90% chance all created by the cop at the time of interest in you, created at the scene or existing..
                    8. the cop would never say, can i help you, or take you to a hospital...

9. the cop does nothing but fulfill his monthly $ quota.. set by the chief at the beggining of every months meeting..

and then the cop will say it's just a job....

my ass!

Comment

• standin
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2009

Fuck you, Thome.
                      The dickweed could have said he was in treatment, but he did not because he was not.
                      However, if the dickweed had tried to shoe bomb the place and was seen sweeting and shaking you would say why did they not stop that Nazi.
                      It is not the police's job to be nurse. It is the police's job to be suspicious.
                      He was not in immediate danger of dying. Moreover, opiates are not legal recreational chemicals.
                      Fuck off with your ignore the freaker shit.
                      If you want to change the law, get out of the illegal drug trade and work toward a legalization of chemical regulation. The drug provider (ideally a doctor or practitioner) is legally responsible for the man's over-bearing addictions.
                      Last edited by standin; 02-03-2010, 09:12 PM.
                      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• thome
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by standin
                        Fuck you, Thome.
                        The dickweed could have said he was in treatment, but he did not because he was not.
                        However, if the dickweed had tried to shoe bomb the place and was seen sweeting and shaking you would say why did they not stop that Nazi.
                        It is not the police's job to be nurse. It is the police's job to be suspicious.
                        He was not in immediate danger of dying. Moreover, opiates are not legal recreational chemicals.
                        Fuck off with your ignore the freaker shit.
                        If you want to change the law, get out of the illegal drug trade and work toward a legalization of chemical regulation. The drug provider (ideally a doctor or practitioner) is legally responsible for the man's over-bearing addictions.
                        We all know your a cop, nothing new there.

You can lie to yourself all you want, but to try and say it doesn't go down exactly as I said is lying to others.

And that is what cops do on the stand'n under oath, I am sure you are also familiar with that/.

I know exactly what I am talking about.

Next...

Comment

• standin
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2009

I am not civil servant, you are confusing me with Dave.
                          Even EMT's find junkies annoying.
                          Simply stated, Thome, you expect junkies to be under social care, A social care where you do not pay the luxury tax.
                          To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                          MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by standin
                            I am not civil servant, you are confusing me with Dave.
                            Even EMT's find junkies annoying.
                            Simply stated, Thome, you expect junkies to be under social care, A social care where you do not pay the luxury tax.

if we were all so strong as you ...

pill head all up in your home,but he's a junkie...

and a dickweed..

annoying...

a social burden...

got any others...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

He's going to go from The Smoking Gun to Dr. Drew's Celebrity Rehab.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...