PDA

View Full Version : Righteous, Red and Rockin'

indeedido
02-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Oh dear Gawd. Hath Gibson no shame?:barf:

Gibson - Gibson USA: Sammy Hagar Chickenfoot Les Paul - Prices and Photos, Gibson Electric Guitar News and Wiki (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Sammy-Hagar-Red-Rocker-Les-Paul/Details.aspx)

indeedido
02-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I thought long and hard about posting this a couple days ago. Then I thought, why should I be the only one to be sickened.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/indeedido/f664f35f-2bed-41eb-95c3-876f3cd5fc8.jpg

GAR
02-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Just saw that! Almost did this thread last nite, looking up info on why the Robot Les Paul failed.

Gibson had a popup ad of this and - wtf..

What. THEE fuck. Yknow..

VanHalener
02-04-2010, 11:13 PM
That sure is an expensive piece of kindling wood.
Hagar is such a poser.

Blackflag
02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I heard Hale's already on the list.

Seshmeister
02-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I thought when they made a Justin Hawkings(Darkness singer) signature model Les Paul Gibson had reached the bottom of the barrel...

Blackflag
02-04-2010, 11:26 PM
How could anybody possibly know the name of the "Darkness" singer?

Blackflag
02-04-2010, 11:30 PM
They even have a guitar named "number two" now.

Blackflag
02-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Oh, no... you people got me looking at the gibson site, and I found this:

Gibson - Gibson USA: Nighthawk Limited Run, Electric Guitar, Photos, specs and stories (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Nighthawk.aspx)

:jammin:

GAR
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
How could anybody possibly know the name of the "Darkness" singer?

Who are they again..

GAR
02-04-2010, 11:46 PM
That sure is an expensive piece of kindling wood.
Hagar is such a poser.

Yeah, as in I will rekindle it by stripping off the gay red finish and chickstock motif.

This is by no means a "lipstick-on-pig" product, it's more like pigstruck. I can remedy this, no prob..

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
02-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Who are they again..
you know who they are gary.
remember you played theyr cd over and over here in the van.
are you gonna be at the internet cafe all night.
my monthly visiter is gone. now you can do your thing.

Blackflag
02-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Dude, give it up. Try making an original joke.

Who is this idiot again? Diamondjimi?

jhale667
02-05-2010, 12:23 AM
The chickenfuck logo is the push over the cliff...but nothing a refin wouldn't cure, true...

jhale667
02-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh, no... you people got me looking at the gibson site, and I found this:

Gibson - Gibson USA: Nighthawk Limited Run, Electric Guitar, Photos, specs and stories (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Nighthawk.aspx)

:jammin:

Wow, they did away with that slanted "you can't replace it with an aftermarket" pickup, I see...

Also learned something: Did not know the Burstbucker 3 has an A2 magnet...(but then don't really pay attention to Gibson pickups, only enough to know the two 498s in my parts drawer are supposedly very similar to Duncan Customs)

Blackflag
02-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Yeah, but they changed it from 25.5 to 24.75...fuck!! They ruined the best thing about it.

chefcraig
02-05-2010, 09:58 AM
With the questionable color choice and chickenfoot logo, this thing eerily reminds me of the furniture my folks would buy at Mangurians around 40 years ago. For some reason, the general consensus at the time dictated that lighting should be provided by tiki torches and that shag carpeting was a good product for outdoor use. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Evil-Grin-Smileys/)

jhale667
02-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but they changed it from 25.5 to 24.75...fuck!! They ruined the best thing about it.

It (the Nighthawk) was their sole Fender-scaled offering, wasn't it?

indeedido
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I get the gear hocking from companies like Gibson, I dig the Ace Frehley model. But to give a model to a guy like spambo, who hasn't exactly been the dedicated Les Paul guy like Ace has all these years is a disconnect. Yamaha and Washburn plugs, even though he hasn't played much guitar since VOA. Plus it isn't like he is a guitar hero inspiring kids to pickup the instrument. :umm:

Blackflag
02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
It (the Nighthawk) was their sole Fender-scaled offering, wasn't it?

Supposedly, they made some Les Paul DC's in 25.5, but I've never seen one.

chefcraig
02-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Supposedly, they made some Les Paul DC's in 25.5, but I've never seen one.

Weren't some of those ghastly brown Les Paul Juniors Gibson put out at the end of the seventies set up in 25.5? Naturally, I can't find an image of the darned things, but they were introduced along with some questionable SG models in a drab, Earth-tone like natural finish as the decade crawled to a close.

Blackflag
02-05-2010, 12:43 PM
That could be right. I was think about the last 10yrs or so.

Coyote
02-05-2010, 01:35 PM
(but then don't really pay attention to Gibson pickups, only enough to know the two 498s in my parts drawer are supposedly very similar to Duncan Customs)

I wonder what a 500t equivalent would be... :umm:

jhale667
02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Custom 5, I think...:umm:

Coyote
02-05-2010, 04:38 PM
With that ceramic magnet? I doubt it... :biggrin:

jhale667
02-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Ooopsie...shouldn't guess when I'm slammed at work, I guess...:biggrin:

Coyote
02-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Career-wise, that would be a bad move. :D

jhale667
02-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Career-wise, that would be a bad move. :D

No kidding. ;)

jhale667
02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Pretty much studied up on Duncans particularly, and Dimarzios as well as EMGs over the years, but not so much on Gibson or Fender pickups; guess that's one of the quirks of building your own guitars for 20 years...no clue what 'stock' pickups specs are...just knew I wasn't into what they sounded like...the non-vintage variety, anyway...:D

But I did start fishing around and for starters found this Premier Guitar Gibson pickup comparison bit..
Gibson Pickup Demos at Gearfest '08 - Premier Guitar (http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Gibson_Pickup_Demos_at_Gearfest_08.aspx)

Wish their guy had been a little more nuts and bolts in his descriptions, like at least mentioning the magnet types...but still the generic audio references aren't completely useless. Maybe. :umm:

The guys at the Duncan forum claim some magic can be made via magnet-swaps with Gibson 'buckers (much like Duncans), particularly A2s and A8s in place of the (usual?) A5...

Anyone a fan of stock Gibson humbuckers, say over a Duncan or Dimarzio, or one of the boutique brands?

Totally agree with those who have asked "Why a Sammy signature LP?" Is he even playing guitar on tour with "the Foot"? Nearly as superfluous as him playing behind EVH, wouldn't you agree?

GAR
02-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Plus it isn't like he is a guitar hero inspiring kids to pickup the instrument. :umm:

Guy I spoke to in the historic division, told me I could have my own Gibson model if I paid up front for 50 pieces.

That's probably what he fucking did, the loser.

So he paid roughly, if he chose to have the original TKL-oem made cases, about $1800 each.

It was probably worth it for him for the purpose of the free associated advertising. Plus he could claim the cost as an advertising cost, and write them off partially as that, but most definately as depreciated asset over 5 years.

100K out, and he'll get it all back in 5 years or less. THEN on top of that he can pull the best-looking pieces of the 50 and sell the other 45 all as profit.

It would be nicer for the world that tolerates him if he was did as clever in songwriting as he did in business. But it will do him no good here, nobody is buying into the Chickenfoot bullshit because bottom line all the songs stink - mostly because the lyrics and vocals suck.

I liked a few Sammy tunes before Van Hagar and wished to give him the fair benefit of opinion post-Van Hagar, but Chickenfoot sucks and I am not sorry to feel that way - his singing accomodates the hatred and hope sincerely lightning strikes him before he records anything again.

Or maybe he'll have a heart-attack. He's looking pretty fat these days..

GAR
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Anyone a fan of stock Gibson humbuckers

Ever eat crackers in bed?

Why discuss gourmet when talking toilet?

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/313/foldered8.jpg

Change the subject..

Panamark
02-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Here I was getting excited about Les Pauls again :(

GAR
02-06-2010, 03:50 AM
.. so let's dedicate a Gibson humbuckers thread, but keep the Duncans etc out of it?

GAR
02-06-2010, 03:52 AM
This bemoans the horror of a Chickenfoot Paul, it is not celebratory in the least.

Just another good reason why Sammy Hagar's severed head should be posted on a stick, in the middle of a tenfoot puddle of torched diesel fuel.

GAR
02-06-2010, 03:54 AM
.. and then smashed off the pole with a bat.
.. and then boxed in dogshit.
.. and then pissed on with DiamondJimi's piss.
.. and then pitched into a wood chipper.
.. with more boxed dogshit chipped on top of that chipped box.
.. and then torched again.
.. and then the ashes pissed on again. Forever. By G-d.

Panamark
02-06-2010, 04:47 AM
We need to rip that neck off and have a headstock with the
classic VH symbol.

It has to be a chickenfoot Paul, the symbolism in this modification
would correct this massive injustice to Gibson !

ZahZoo
02-06-2010, 10:57 AM
It's a better offing than the aborted Gibson Hendrix guitar... although that ain't sayin much...

Blackflag
02-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I like their '57 Classics a lot. The Burstbuckers are alright. I don't like any of their others.

MAX
02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Shame on Gibson for this!!!

The ONLY Round Rocker sig model guitar that should be made is that hideous Dean that's on the cover of Very Obnoxious Asshole!!!

What's even more frightening that Gibson has actually produced this is the fact that somewhere, someone will actually purchase one!!!

Seriously, that scares the shit out of me. Well, that's the reasoning behing financing at guitar centers I guess? :lmao:

Diamondjimi
02-06-2010, 07:11 PM
.. and then smashed off the pole with a bat.
.. and then boxed in dogshit.
.. and then pissed on with DiamondJimi's piss.
.. and then pitched into a wood chipper.
.. with more boxed dogshit chipped on top of that chipped box.
.. and then torched again.
.. and then the ashes pissed on again. Forever. By G-d.

...............http://image.fpsbanana.com/ico/sprays/ghey0meter-2.gif

What are you projecting here GARy?

Looks like you have a thing for dogpoop, large dongs urinating, and pissing on "things"...

jhale667
02-06-2010, 08:14 PM
LMAO @ the new improved "Gheyometer"... now with LCD display..! :lmao: