lucky wilbury
06-02-2004, 02:13 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38743

'Kerryopoly' pokes fun at John's wealth
GOP features Web game highlighting candidate's homes, toys

Posted: June 2, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

The Republican National Committee has debuted on its website a mock version of Monopoly called "Kerryopoly" (http://www.gop.com/kerryopoly/) that features combinations of images and music to highlight the extraordinary wealth of the presumptive Democratic nominee and his wife.

Each player begins with what is stated as the average household income in the U.S., $40,000. By rolling the on-screen dice, players then land on spaces on the game board, each of which features an asset or high-priced habit of Kerry's.

Land on Nantucket, which at $9.18 million represents the worth of the senator's home there, and go into debt $9.14 million. The theme from "Gilligan's Island" plays while a photo of the home is shown, stressing the line "a millionaire and his wife."

Kerry rides his $8,600 motorcycle.

Other spaces on the board that will put players into debt include the couple's other three homes, jet, artwork and even the candidate's bike.

The RNC says as of yesterday, 460,000 games of Kerryopoly had already been played. The goal of the game, the party says, is to get around the board having accrued as little debt as possible.

"Most Americans can't afford yachts, private planes, thousand-dollar haircuts or homes in Nantucket. But they can when they play Kerryopoly," RNC communications director Jim Dyke said in a statement. "With a roll of the dice, Americans can find out how much John Kerry's proposals to increase the gas tax would cost them, or how much they would have to pay to have a John Kerry haircut.

"After a few trips around the board, most players will be millions of dollars in debt, proving that John Kerry's lifestyle is out of reach and out of sync with most Americans."

The webpage also features an image of Kerry wearing a top hat, reminiscent of the mustachioed icon Mr. Monopoly.

The Associated Press noted three leading Republicans in the federal government, President Bush, Vice President Cheney and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, are also multimillionaires. Asked if their lifestyles also were out of reach of most Americans, RNC spokeswoman Christine Iverson responded "no" but declined to elaborate, AP reported.

knuckleboner
06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury

The Associated Press noted three leading Republicans in the federal government, President Bush, Vice President Cheney and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, are also multimillionaires. Asked if their lifestyles also were out of reach of most Americans, RNC spokeswoman Christine Iverson responded "no" but declined to elaborate, AP reported.

my favorite part. it's only the texas rangers, but if baseball ownership is within reach of the average American, then sweet.

otherwise...perhaps the GOP needs to learn how to spin a little better. because they just look stupid here.

John Ashcroft
06-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Uh... No Republican is running on a populist platform.

And also, 9 of the 10 richest members of Congress are Democrats. Now, the sillyness of all of this is that they continually rail against the "eeeeeeeevil rich people". Always wanting to add new income taxes against the rich (notice it's "income" tax, not "wealth" tax). They have theirs, they don't want you to get yours.

That's why the game idea is funny.

knuckleboner
06-03-2004, 11:25 AM
dude, i never said the game idea wasn't funny.

or that republicans are hypocrites because of it.

i just thought it was humorous that the RNC spokeswoman, when asked if bush's lifestyle was out of reach of the average American, responded with, "no."

ummm...of COURSE it is.

mind you, had she answered the way you did, it would've been fine.

"um, yes, their lifestyles are out of reach as well; however, that's not the issue. the issue is are they running as hypocritical populists? and that answer is no. the democrats are."

that works for me. hell, if you follow tenett and resign, i'd suggest you take over the spokesperson job.

John Ashcroft
06-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Heh heh heh... I'd love to. This DOJ bullshit is getting old, the Dems are so desparate that they're even trying to group me with Rummy in the management of the war in Iraq!

The idiocy gets old real quick.

twonabomber
06-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
i just thought it was humorous that the RNC spokeswoman, when asked if bush's lifestyle was out of reach of the average American, responded with, "no."

i know i don't get as much vacation as Bush does.

Dr. Love
06-03-2004, 10:04 PM
I want my own Saddam's Handgun :(

John Ashcroft
06-04-2004, 08:32 AM
:D

Doc, that's the only thing that's out of reach for ya.

The rest is all for the taking. If you can't make it in America, you can't make it.

Lqskdiver
06-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
dude, i never said the game idea wasn't funny.

or that republicans are hypocrites because of it.

ummm...of COURSE it is.

mind you, had she answered the way you did, it would've been fine.

"um, yes, their lifestyles are out of reach as well; however, that's not the issue. the issue is are they running as hypocritical populists? and that answer is no. the democrats are."

that works for me. hell, if you follow tenett and resign, i'd suggest you take over the spokesperson job.

Keyword here is "average"...What makes one successful is above average standards, principals, and goals.

But some like FORD would argue otherwise in Dubya's case.

FORD
06-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Are you serious? The BCE have never been paupers. They were running Wall Street banks even before they made a killing (bad pun intended) in the German steel market (using concentration camp labor). Add to that all the drug smuggling and oil business over several decades.

Junior has never worked a day in his life. For him to pretend to identify with the average working American is a pathetic joke.

Kerry might have married well, but at least he earned his own living for a while before then.

Lqskdiver
06-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Are you serious? The BCE have never been paupers. They were running Wall Street banks even before they made a killing (bad pun intended) in the German steel market (using concentration camp labor). Add to that all the drug smuggling and oil business over several decades.

Junior has never worked a day in his life. For him to pretend to identify with the average working American is a pathetic joke.

Kerry might have married well, but at least he earned his own living for a while before then.

Schindler's List. Or should I say Bush's?

;)

To say Kerry married well is to say that Dean Howard is the poster child of Ritalin. Two rich wives and no real formal education...I would hardly call that EARNED.

Dr. Love
06-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Well, LQ, did he earn it or not ...

That really comes down to what his wife is like.

John Ashcroft
06-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Whoops, double post.

see next one...

John Ashcroft
06-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by FORD

So you share the same contempt for the Kennedys then?

Ally_Kat
06-11-2004, 11:45 AM
bump because I'm curious what Ford has to say.

Man, they should made a bigger more interactive version of this. I'd play it.