PDA

View Full Version : Get England Out Of Ireland

thome
02-06-2010, 10:39 PM
By Deborah McAleese
Saturday, 6 February 2010

After years of political stand-offs and squabbling, at the stroke of a pen, policing and justice in Northern Ireland is finally to be handed over from Westminster.

But what are the main areas of policing and justice — and what changes will there be?

Policing: Unlikely to bring much change to police accountability, as the PSNI is already accountable to the Northern.....

First Ministers. It has been speculated the post will be filled by Catholic human rights barrister John Larkin QC. The Attorney General will appoint the Director and Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions. The director will not have to answer to the Assembly except in relation to finance and administration. The .....

The deal: How Northern Ireland's systems of policing and justice will change - Local & National, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/the-deal-how-northern-irelands-systems-of-policing-and-justice-will-change-14670109.html)

Is this paper written in Belfast and the paper published/owned in England..?

How can we believe the bias..?

Blackflag
02-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Sheeat.

Nickdfresh
02-07-2010, 02:59 AM
WTF are you talking about? What "bias?"

thome
02-07-2010, 03:28 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7P23792a_BE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7P23792a_BE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tur "N" Ittup

LoungeMachine
02-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Come up with something better than YouTube links, or I'll flush this one too, hufferboy....

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
02-07-2010, 10:34 AM
If you're interested in Northern Ireland, and the meaning of a "Catholic" vs. "Protestant", I suggest reading a book on it. They do have libraries in Kansas, don't they? Google "Tim Pat Coogan."

thome
02-07-2010, 10:58 AM
If you're interested in Northern Ireland, and the meaning of a "Catholic" vs. "Protestant", I suggest reading a book on it. They do have libraries in Kansas, don't they? Google "Tim Pat Coogan."

I am interested about what The (IRA) Army members have to say about it but maybe it is played...

Oh on a side note Louinge wants to flush this because he didn't think about the importance of it first.

I am just trying to give this dismal wasteland some attention... I should have created a thread that had a political undertone to it ..mybad

thome
02-07-2010, 11:07 AM

Or I could just get my info first hand from that little jockey guy that is sitting next to me at that pub every day...nah...some book would be better.

Why listen to it live when I can purchase/read some liability asset creating device.

You do know that books will be burned if Hillary gets her way ?

But, much like the Crown Jewels owning the press you still think that words are worth the reading.

What Words Worth!

thome
02-07-2010, 11:12 AM
WTF are you talking about? What "bias?"

First of all "Fukk You".

Now on to the Q & A part of our show.

I am very unjudgemental that way...

I am talking about the fact that the Belfast Newspaper is owned by a UK Company!!

Fuck the Story, what about the reality of the progressive memory lapse; the Irish have sold out for money.

Nickdfresh
02-07-2010, 11:16 AM
First of all "Fukk You".

I'm not your sister...

Now on to the Q & A part of our show.

I am very unjudgemental that way...

I am talking about the fact that the Belfast Newspaper is owned by a UK Company!!

Fuck the Story, what about the reality of the progressive memory lapse; the Irish have sold out for money.

You're an idiot simpleton. WTF do you know?

thome
02-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm not your sister...

You're an idiot simpleton. WTF do you know?

We all know that 10 years ago there wasn't person under the age of 25 left on the island of Ireland, they all were on the continent or looking for work in the city of Boston.

The state was a ghost town for the last 50 years.

Then the big legislation of the Microchip and suddenly, -Irish Pride- gave the kiddies a reason to stay on the mother they were born on.

Now, what about the fact that the average daily wage of the irish worker has increased 300% due to software technology over the last 10 years..?

All the reasons for the 500 years war has gone out the window.

Cant you see the clues .. that Irish workers have political and social movements and sentiment that used to be a Potestant movement but now it is a Catholic trend..?

That the Catholics are going to rob the Irish people by placating them with Cash and new vacations to Miami..?

"We of Republican are the nucleus, which represents represented,
the soul of Ireland,the prophetic shock minority, those who are neither purchased nor intimidated"

Diamondjimi
02-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Is this paper written in Belfast and the paper published/owned in England..?

How can we believe the bias..?

If it comes from England expect anything but the truth(when it come to discussing truths about situations in Ireland).
The BBC is no different than FOX News.

FORD
02-07-2010, 02:08 PM
If it comes from England expect anything but the truth(when it come to discussing truths about situations in Ireland).

Well, I don't think they're THAT bad. Probably more like Global/CanWest (when it comes to reporting on Northern Ireland.

Sky News IS as bad as FAUX. Because it is FAUX.

Diamondjimi
02-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, I don't think they're THAT bad. Probably more like Global/CanWest (when it comes to reporting on Northern Ireland.

Sky News IS as bad as FAUX. Because it is FAUX.

It is that bad,actually.
I was at an Irish friends house back around the time Jerry Adams was finally allowed to represent the Sinn Féin party in the Irish Parliament. We caught a Jerry Adams press conference on the BBC and they had some English twat interpreting what he was saying (mixed over top of what J.A.'s voice which could be heard in the background like he needed a translator to understand him... :rolleyes:)
We listened to the BBC slant and then flipped over to the Irish news channel (on satellite).to actually hear what he had said. The BBC (dub) spin was enough to make you sick. Just pathetic...

Dr. Love
02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
It is that bad,actually.
I was at an Irish friends house back around the time Jerry Adams was finally allowed to represent the Sinn Féin party in the Irish Parliament. We caught a Jerry Adams press conference on the BBC and they had some English twat interpreting what he was saying (mixed over top of what J.A.'s voice which could be heard in the background like he needed a translator to understand him... :rolleyes:)
We listened to the BBC slant and then flipped over to the Irish news channel (on satellite).to actually hear what he had said. The BBC (dub) spin was enough to make you sick. Just pathetic...

you're starting to sound like some sort of lefty! ;)

binnie
02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
It is that bad,actually.

What year was that?

It sounds like something that would have happened in the early 90s - the Thatcher/Major govt. banned many Irish politicians from speaking, and they were paraphrased with dubbing, if memory serves (I was only 10 or so at the time...)

Certainly doesn't happen like that any more....

BITEYOASS
02-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Your not even from fucking Ireland thome! Why don't you shut the fuck up and avoid subjects that have no relevance to you whatsoever? Because you come across as a total fucking dumb retarded son of a bitch who gets their info from dumb fucking radio talk show hosts! :D

Seshmeister
02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
It is that bad,actually.

This is the kind of ignorance that led to people in America paying for bombs to blow up children.

Without going into great detail or opinion I'll just list some facts you are obviously completely unaware of.

1) 'Gerry' Adams has never been a representative of the Irish parliament and has never stood for election to it. I think you are getting mixed up with the fact he is a member of the UK parliament. He was elected as a member of parliament in the early 80s. At that time it was the policy of his party to not attend the UK parliament but he was a member of it until he got beat in an election by the more moderate SDLP in 1992. He got back in again in 1997 and remains a UK MP.

2) The press conference you are talking about would have been during the period from 1988 to 1994 when the government banned politicians from parties who were in favour of violent terrorist acts from being broadcast supposedly to starve them of publicity. 11 organisations of both sides were banned including Sinn Féin. It was a stupid idea and actually increased Adams standing and profile.

Your perception of the BBC coverage is completely and utterly wrong for the simple reason that the BBC fought against this stupid government policy and in order to undermine it had an actor repeat the words said by Adams and others thus getting around the dumb law and making a farce of it. Also every time I ever heard it they used an Irish actor so I think you have misremembered that.

3) Northern Ireland has always been part of a democracy. At any time Northern Ireland could have voted to join the rest of Ireland and this would have happened. The problem is that the majority of the people that live there didn't want to. If the British government had forced them to then the Irish government would have had the exact same problem except reversed whereby protestant terrorists would have been attacking them. Interestingly under freedom of information laws in Ireland you can read how the Irish government was staunchly against a reunification of Ireland in the 70s because it didn't think it could cope.

Why anyone would think that the British government would have been determined to hold onto a fractured expensive nightmare of a situation against the will of the people there that only cost piles of cash, death and misery has always kind of puzzled me. If only it had been that simple.

thome
02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Your not even from fucking Ireland thome! Why don't you shut the fuck up and avoid subjects that have no relevance to you whatsoever? Because you come across as a total fucking dumb retarded son of a bitch who gets their info from dumb fucking radio talk show hosts! :D

You never wanted to know that it was ALLWAYS!

Make believe that you would think that the reason I have.

LoungeMachine
02-07-2010, 08:56 PM
You never wanted to know that it was ALLWAYS!

Make believe that you would think that the reason I have.

Ever consider a course in English?

Maybe an online course would be a better use of your time....

thome
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Ever consider a course in English?

Maybe an online course would be a better use of your time....

Ok, what is your OP ?

Nothing, as I assumed.

LoungeMachine
02-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok, what is your OP ?

Nothing, as I assumed.

wow.

You slipped out of character there for a moment, Champ...

I'll have an opinion on something of your's when you cease to be a moronic schtick....

thome
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
wow.

I'll have an opinion on something of your's when you cease to be a moronic schtick....

You win > >>>What is your OP..?<<<<

5 bucks sais, you don't have one.

LoungeMachine
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
You win > >>>What is your OP..?<<<<

5 bucks sais, you don't have one.

fail.

again.

Now you can spend the 5 bucks on a 12-pack

WACF
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM

Or the CBC...

Seshmeister
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
wow.

What's the character, fucking Yoda? :)

BITEYOASS
02-07-2010, 11:29 PM
What's the character, fucking Yoda? :)

Nah, thome's character is the fucking cunt! LOL

Diamondjimi
02-08-2010, 12:28 AM
This is the kind of ignorance that led to people in America paying for bombs to blow up children.

Without going into great detail or opinion I'll just list some facts you are obviously completely unaware of.

1) 'Gerry' Adams has never been a representative of the Irish parliament and has never stood for election to it. I think you are getting mixed up with the fact he is a member of the UK parliament. He was elected as a member of parliament in the early 80s. At that time it was the policy of his party to not attend the UK parliament but he was a member of it until he got beat in an election by the more moderate SDLP in 1992. He got back in again in 1997 and remains a UK MP.

2) The press conference you are talking about would have been during the period from 1988 to 1994 when the government banned politicians from parties who were in favour of violent terrorist acts from being broadcast supposedly to starve them of publicity. 11 organisations of both sides were banned including Sinn Féin. It was a stupid idea and actually increased Adams standing and profile.

This is what I was referring to.

3) Northern Ireland has always been part of a democracy. At any time Northern Ireland could have voted to join the rest of Ireland and this would have happened. The problem is that the majority of the people that live there didn't want to. If the British government had forced them to then the Irish government would have had the exact same problem except reversed whereby protestant terrorists would have been attacking them. Interestingly under freedom of information laws in Ireland you can read how the Irish government was staunchly against a reunification of Ireland in the 70s because it didn't think it could cope.

Why anyone would think that the British government would have been determined to hold onto a fractured expensive nightmare of a situation against the will of the people there that only cost piles of cash, death and misery has always kind of puzzled me. If only it had been that simple.

Thanks for enlightening me .
Still, the division of the country spawned from the "placement" of people by another country is sad. Not very different from the situation between Israel and the Palestinians.

Nitro Express
02-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I thought Bono solved all of Ireland's problems.

Seshmeister
02-08-2010, 10:48 AM
This is what I was referring to.

Thanks for enlightening me .
Still, the division of the country spawned from the "placement" of people by another country is sad. Not very different from the situation between Israel and the Palestinians.

There is a pattern to this that splitting up countries seems to lead to problems like Korea, Vietnam, Yugoslavia and so on.

I really have very little patience for either side in Northern Ireland, I think the whole thing is ludicrous fighting and discriminating over some 17th century history and slightly different versions of the same superstitions.

A big part of the problem is a significant number on both sides enjoy it, and quite a few make a decent living from it.

Personally I would have kicked the lot of them out the UK years ago and they could have had an little independent country separate from the UK and Ireland to fight in to their hearts content.

I'm actually away to Belfast this week but I'm smart enough to keep my big mouth shut when I'm there... :)

It's the one place where I don't talk about religion or politics in the pub.

Seshmeister
02-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Funnily enough my good Irish friend was round at the weekend and he was completely convinced and angry that the US was trying to annex and take over Haiti.

Diamondjimi
02-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Funnily enough my good Irish friend was round at the weekend and he was completely convinced and angry that the US was trying to annex and take over Haiti.

Somehow I don't find this surprising...;)
haiti oil 210 (http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/haiti_oil__210.html)

Seshmeister
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
He used to be very sane but last month it was the global warming conspiracy.

I suspect he may have started reading some silly websites, I'll need to find out before he goes ELVIS on me... :)

Nickdfresh
02-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I thought Bono solved all of Ireland's problems.

He didn't, nor ever claimed to have. But you could argue that a couple of simple U2 songs brought almost as much pressure on the belligerents in Northern Ireland than just about any campaign. I believe he was threatened by the PIRA during the Auchtung Baby, ZooTV Tour for "shredding" an Irish flag on stage into a white "surrender" banner by tearing off the green and orange...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c9c4lLnY0rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c9c4lLnY0rA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NoMHYH7w26U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NoMHYH7w26U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Panamark
02-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Get England back into England.

Seriously, does a Commonwealth still exist other than
in a token, dated, meaningless word ?

Panamark
02-09-2010, 02:19 AM
And before Sesh comments, Sesh are you English these days,
or Scottish ;)

Nitro Express
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM

I have a Jewish friend who said if Moses turned right and settled in Kuwait instead of Palistine Israel would be the 51st state because it would be sitting on oil.:biggrin:

Why would we want to annex Haiti? What is there? It would make a nifty prison colony or a bombing range.

Nitro Express
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Ireland had the fastest growing economy in Europe a few years ago. Mainly due to the fact the Irish had lots of children and educated them well while the rest of Europe didn't have kids and is aging. Now the EU has indebted nations like Greece sucking on the only solvent country Germany. I don't see how the European Union is going to hold together long-term and bad economic circumstances always bring old rivalries and blame to the surface. From what I see Ireland was modernizing, embracing technology, and industry was coming in there. If anything Britian has dropped their ball harder and seem to be the bigger basket case. A has been.

Seshmeister
02-09-2010, 08:44 PM
I have a Jewish friend who said if Moses turned right and settled in Kuwait instead of Palistine Israel would be the 51st state because it would be sitting on oil.:biggrin:

Exodus, Moses and all that stuff is one part of the bible that just definitely empirically didn't happen.

Just didn't. It's historically been proven to be impossible.

So there goes 2 of the major world religions...

Seshmeister
02-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Ireland had the fastest growing economy in Europe a few years ago. Mainly due to the fact the Irish had lots of children and educated them well while the rest of Europe didn't have kids and is aging. Now the EU has indebted nations like Greece sucking on the only solvent country Germany. I don't see how the European Union is going to hold together long-term and bad economic circumstances always bring old rivalries and blame to the surface. From what I see Ireland was modernizing, embracing technology, and industry was coming in there. If anything Britian has dropped their ball harder and seem to be the bigger basket case. A has been.

A lot of US commentators seemed to fear the EU just a year or two ago.

It wasn't that long ago people were saying Germany was fucked because of East Germany debt.

The UK is suffering from being the main financial centre of Europe so we need to pay for more of the thieving cunt bankers than most.

Ireland is really really fucked unfortunately. Half the population is probably technically bankrupt due to ridiculous speculating on property and the shit has seriously hit the fan.

I guess we will all struggle on. Personally I think that the US is the one with the biggest problems pissing all its borrowed money on pointless weapons against non existent enemies and unable to change itself due to it's political system.

I could be wrong though.

Nitro Express
02-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Exodus, Moses and all that stuff is one part of the bible that just definitely empirically didn't happen.

Just didn't. It's historically been proven to be impossible.

So there goes 2 of the major world religions...

Cognative dissonance is a hell of a drug. You could have absolute truth scientifically proven and it will do no good. Multi-generational brain washing, family, and peer pressure are bigger forces in the human realm than reality.

Nitro Express
02-10-2010, 02:35 AM
A lot of US commentators seemed to fear the EU just a year or two ago.

It wasn't that long ago people were saying Germany was fucked because of East Germany debt.

The UK is suffering from being the main financial centre of Europe so we need to pay for more of the thieving cunt bankers than most.

Ireland is really really fucked unfortunately. Half the population is probably technically bankrupt due to ridiculous speculating on property and the shit has seriously hit the fan.

I guess we will all struggle on. Personally I think that the US is the one with the biggest problems pissing all its borrowed money on pointless weapons against non existent enemies and unable to change itself due to it's political system.

I could be wrong though.

I see Europe and the US in the same boat. Our central bank and your central bank have some of the same people on the boards. The US Dollar, The British Pound Sterling, and the Euro are all created out of nothing and the debts are created by these central banks. The sovergn countries themselves don't have all the debt, the central banks do. It's the central banks that borrow the money and then loan it to the nations at interest.

So you have to look at the central banks, their money, and their debt as separate from the nations. If people were smart they would let these banks fail and then replace the currency with state issued currency or even commercial bank currency.

We really don't need central banks because currencies can easily be converted and exchanged using software and computers. We could have a free market of various world currencies that are traded openly and people can buy and sell what they want. Then what's entered into your bank account is based on the price for that day. This would eliminate a few people controlling the economy with interest rates and fiat money.

This is where the world needs to go.

As far as the US military machine goes, it's being used to control the flow of oil so we can blackmail the world into using our dollars. The wars in the middle east are all about The Federal Reserve and the dollar. Without that military machine securing that oil, the world would dump the US Dollar and break the Federal Reserve. Follow the money and you will find the truth.

Nitro Express
02-10-2010, 02:42 AM
So instead of being paid in one currency you could be paid in a bundle of currencies that match your wage. If a country or bank is issuing crap, the free market will weed the bad currencies out quick and what's left are the good currencies. This automatically would stabalize the exchange rates. It use to be banking this way before computers was a bookeeping nightmare but today computer networks can be used to communicate the current market price and software can do the conversion. Currencies could be traded in real time internationally and it would give us a global currency system without it being controlled by a few banking oligarchs. A true free market system that nobody can control behind the scenes. This would avoid dangerous bubbles and crashes.