PDA

View Full Version : This Sarah Palin hand job thing...

Pages : [1] 2

BigBadBrian
02-11-2010, 06:51 AM
You "Progressives" (or whatever you pinheads call yourselves these days) do realize that Sarah Palin was taking a direct swipe at your boy Barack and his over-use of teleprompters don't you?

I wonder how well Ob(s)ama would do without the use of electronic aids in his speeches. Now THAT is change we can believe in!

Discuss. :tongue0011:

Seshmeister
02-11-2010, 06:59 AM
She was just using a Hillbilly Palm Pilot.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
You "Progressives" (or whatever you pinheads call yourselves these days) do realize that Sarah Palin was taking a direct swipe at your boy Barack and his over-use of teleprompters don't you?

I wonder how well Ob(s)ama would do without the use of electronic aids in his speeches. Now THAT is change we can believe in!

I've really never understood the criticism, they all use teleprompters....

Terry
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Not so much what she did, but the style in which she did it; she came off like a middle school student who was unprepared for a quiz.

Honestly, if she didn't want to use a teleprompter, why not go with what she had written on her hand on some 2"x3" index cards?

She's a capable enough public speaker...think the whole hand biz makes her look amateurish rather than the professional pol she is...a question of a decision that reflects more on her image than her intellectual ability (am no huge fan of hers by any stretch, but to give a speech of any length without some type of notes or script, regardless of format, is not necessarily an easy feat.

kwame k
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Dupe.....

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/57950-they-all-stupid.html

Guitar Shark
02-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I wonder how well Ob(s)ama would do without the use of electronic aids in his speeches.

Watch the video of him bitchslapping the GOP at their retreat. Unscripted answers in hostile territory. There's a thread about it somewhere in here.

LoungeMachine
02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Brie, you're new here so I'm going to cut you a little slack while you get your sea legs back....

This is a dupe
a weak one at that
and you're being a douche.

Discuss that

:gulp:

jhale667
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM

Oh, Brie...:rolleyes:

Still as misinformed (or in denial) as ever...

He FUCKED THEM UP, dude. So badly FAUX News in a panic CUT AWAY early in a pathetic attempt to spare their master's the complete humiliation.

Check the thread it's posted in here - and do yourself a favor (once you stop crying): DON'T EVER make another stupid fucking teleprompter comment. :mad0216:

sadaist
02-11-2010, 03:12 PM
I've really never understood the criticism, they all use teleprompters....

The problem isn't Obamas use of teleprompters, it's how he becomes a deer in the headlights when something goes wrong with them.

jhale667
02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
The problem isn't Obamas use of teleprompters, it's how he becomes a deer in the headlights when something goes wrong with them.

Not even buying that based on how he destroyed the Repubs at their retreat. He may not like to wing a prepared speech if it crashes, but no one can say he's crippled without one now, that's just lame.

But back to Palin's cliff-notes on her hand? Agree totally that it made her look like a pathetically underprepared middle-school student.. she is a mental midget, and even those in denial will hopefully figure it out sooner or later.

Nickdfresh
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM

All presidents since Eisenhower have used teleprompters to recite speeches. There's a big difference between reading your speech, and having to outline basic concepts of your supposed ideology so you can spoon a crowd of teabaggers...

I'm sure she took only the most relevant notes from Fake Libertarianism for Republican Dummies...

Seshmeister
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM

Firstly he was a law professor so I think he can make an unprompted speech if he has to. The main point though is his job is to make important decisions correctly.

Palin is the ultimate fuckwit of stupid cunt who is so fucking idiotic, comedy programs only need to repeat exactly what she says and people collapse laughing.

McCain's main decision of his career was to appoint Palin.

I rest my case....

sadaist
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Firstly he was a law professor so I think he can make an unprompted speech if he has to. The main point though is his job is to make important decisions correctly.

Palin is the ultimate fuckwit of stupid cunt who is so fucking idiotic, comedy programs only need to repeat exactly what she says and people collapse laughing.

McCain's main decision of his career was to appoint Palin.

I rest my case....

Oh shit man, the last thing I want to do is debate Obama vs Palin in the intellect department. And I'm not saying Obama isn't extremely smart. But he has had a lot of stumbles when not provided with his teleprompter. I know, easy to pick on that. He just needs to work on his improv skills a bit.

And yes, he did do very well at the Republican thing recently. But that marked the first time he did the unscripted thing well. A turning point? Maybe. Let's hope so. Much bigger fish to fry than how well he reads.

mmmmm...fish fry

BigBadBrian
02-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Firstly he was a law professor...

Obama was never a law "professor"...

Nickdfresh
02-12-2010, 07:55 AM

He was the editor of the Harvard Review law journal...

What was Palin again? A fucking teleprompter bunny and sports-reader shithead that bounced from college to college?

The reference here to Obama using a "teleprompter" is just priceless and ironic, when you actually voted for a bimbo "Biblespice" whose intellectual qualifications and depth are those of a gnat...

ULTRAMAN VH
02-12-2010, 09:06 AM

Thank you, he was never really much of anything. He continues to play the Empty Suit role to a tee. When in the U.S. Senate he was long on rhetoric and short on established political deeds. As charismatic as he is, he is clearly just a figure head. If he keeps stumbling, look for the return of the Clintons with Hitllary leading the charge.

Dr. Love
02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
So apparently 'trolling' is a muscle ... if you don't use it, it withers away and becomes barely usable after a time.

BBB is a shell of his former self :(

jhale667
02-12-2010, 11:55 AM
So apparently 'trolling' is a muscle ... if you don't use it, it withers away and becomes barely usable after a time.

BBB is a shell of his former self :(

:lmao:

Seshmeister
02-12-2010, 08:20 PM

Before we had the internet being ignorant on simple factual matters was a lot more excusable. Nowadays it makes you look like what Rush Limbaugh calls a retard.

Media Inquiries | University of Chicago Law School (http://www.law.uchicago.edu/media)

The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer."

From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers has high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

bueno bob
02-13-2010, 04:21 AM
It's funny watching conservatives implode in their Sarah Palin circle jerk.

sadaist
02-13-2010, 04:44 AM
Before we had the internet being ignorant on simple factual matters was a lot more excusable. Nowadays it makes you look like what Rush Limbaugh calls a retard.

Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track.

Since when does "considered" and "regarded" make someone a professor?

LoungeMachine
02-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Since when does "considered" and "regarded" make someone a professor?

Since forever.

Since when did being a bimbo sportscaster [reading the teleprompter] and small town mayor make someone qualified to be a heartbeat away from POTUS?

I just find it hilarious we're nitpicking over Obama's HARVARD LAW CREDENTIALS in a thread about a college drop out who QUIT during her first term as Governor.

really?

hambon4lif
02-13-2010, 05:59 AM
It's funny watching conservatives implode in their Sarah Palin circle jerk.LOL! ...rest assured, no one's "imploding" here,Peter Pan.

The backpedaling and the depths of where you'd go to defend your hollow stance is more than worth the price of admission.

This is more than just amusing, it's absolutely hilarious.

You guys(?) are the supposed "tough guys" of this place?!??

bully tactics only go so far....without any actual intelligence....you'll fall....HARD!

I have to say.....I'm generally unimpressed!

....the last time I was this let down was when I discovered that Wolfie was playing "air-bass".

WOW....talk about bringin' a rocket launcher to a fuckin' pencil-fight!

.....you're dismissed! (and coincidentally off the hook).

snore............

Sgt Schultz
02-13-2010, 09:39 PM
All presidents since Eisenhower have used teleprompters to recite speeches. There's a big difference between reading your speech, and having to outline basic concepts of your supposed ideology so you can spoon a crowd of teabaggers...

I'm sure she took only the most relevant notes from Fake Libertarianism for Republican Dummies...

Dianne Feinstein Caught on Tape Looking at Notes Scrawled in Palm of Hand During Televised Debate (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2697681/dianne_feinstein_caught_on_tape_looking.html?cat=7 5)

"Dianne Feinstein was caught on tape looking at notes scrawled in the palm of her hand during a televised debate. Both news and footage of this mortifying history of hers have only recently been dug up in response to the liberal media's extreme overreaction to Palin doing the same thing at the recent Tea Party convention. Seems like Sarah Palin wasn't the only one to use the old tactic of looking at notes scrawled in the palm of her hand as a memory aid. In fact, you can even credibly say that she was only mimicking the antics of that California, senior senator, Dianne Feinstein, who had Palin beat by a good 20 or so years and seemed to set the "standard" for such activity! Of course, you won't hear the liberal, mainstream media give anything coming close to equal time with this embarrassment of Feinstein's since they are good, little lapdogs of the Democrats.":lmao:

bueno bob
02-14-2010, 01:27 AM
LOL! ...rest assured, no one's "imploding" here,Peter Pan.

Go fuck yourself, dork. I watch Republicans implode in a Sarah Palin circle jerk every time they start talking about her, which is unfortunately far too much. "Sarah's gonna save America! You go Sarah!" Fucking weathergirl college jumper quit-when-the-going-gets-hard opportunist fuck. Anybody that even ATTEMPTS to defend her implodes on their own fucking idiocy.

Oh, LOL! Gotta throw that in there to make sure everybody knows that what I read by you was supposed to strike me as funny or stupid, right?

The backpedaling and the depths of where you'd go to defend your hollow stance is more than worth the price of admission.

Who the fuck are you again?

This is more than just amusing, it's absolutely hilarious.

You guys(?) are the supposed "tough guys" of this place?!??

I'm sorry, were you looking for beefy, burly men to rough you up a bit? Thanks for the sneaky little invite, but I'm quite uninterested....

bully tactics only go so far....without any actual intelligence....you'll fall....HARD!

Sarah Palin and intelligence being mentioned in the same thread is somewhat criminal. I mean, unless we're talking about a lack thereof.

I have to say.....I'm generally unimpressed!

Aw! I'm SOOOOOO sorry you're 'unimpressed'.

Kindly fuck off back to you GOP blogs then, maybe you'll be impressed by something there?

....the last time I was this let down was when I discovered that Wolfie was playing "air-bass".

Poor fucking you.

Again, I care why?

WOW....talk about bringin' a rocket launcher to a fuckin' pencil-fight!

I'm sorry - at what point were you any sort of "fight", amateur?

Do you even HAVE a point to make or are you just pissing your panties because mean ole Bob said a naughty word or two about poor embattled Sarah-poo?

Take your fucking love fest back to your Nailin Palin video, it's pretty stupid here, and it's falling on deaf ears, fuckwit.

.....you're dismissed! (and coincidentally off the hook).

Oh geez, let me just rush off and log off now.... :rolleyes:

Unchainme
02-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Go fuck yourself, dork. I watch Republicans implode in a Sarah Palin circle jerk every time they start talking about her, which is unfortunately far too much. "Sarah's gonna save America! You go Sarah!" Fucking weathergirl college jumper quit-when-the-going-gets-hard opportunist fuck. Anybody that even ATTEMPTS to defend her implodes on their own fucking idiocy.

Oh, LOL! Gotta throw that in there to make sure everybody knows that what I read by you was supposed to strike me as funny or stupid, right?

Who the fuck are you again?

I'm sorry, were you looking for beefy, burly men to rough you up a bit? Thanks for the sneaky little invite, but I'm quite uninterested....

Sarah Palin and intelligence being mentioned in the same thread is somewhat criminal. I mean, unless we're talking about a lack thereof.

Aw! I'm SOOOOOO sorry you're 'unimpressed'.

Kindly fuck off back to you GOP blogs then, maybe you'll be impressed by something there?

Poor fucking you.

Again, I care why?

I'm sorry - at what point were you any sort of "fight", amateur?

Do you even HAVE a point to make or are you just pissing your panties because mean ole Bob said a naughty word or two about poor embattled Sarah-poo?

Take your fucking love fest back to your Nailin Palin video, it's pretty stupid here, and it's falling on deaf ears, fuckwit.

Oh geez, let me just rush off and log off now.... :rolleyes:

Wow bob, havn't seen you take off the gloves like that sense the invasion of the Hagar fan site that you and others did back in the day. Well done.

bueno bob
02-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Wow bob, havn't seen you take off the gloves like that sense the invasion of the Hagar fan site that you and others did back in the day. Well done.

I am pretty bad ass.

:D

Nickdfresh
02-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Thank you, he was never really much of anything. He continues to play the Empty Suit role to a tee. When in the U.S. Senate he was long on rhetoric and short on established political deeds. As charismatic as he is, he is clearly just a figure head. If he keeps stumbling, look for the return of the Clintons with Hitllary leading the charge.

None of the above "qualifications" stopped you from voting for the Bush fuckwit, who'd done nothing but act as a figurehead governor.

Why don't you assclowns stop pretending that you have any issue on "credentials?" You don't!

Seshmeister
02-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Dianne Feinstein Caught on Tape Looking at Notes Scrawled in Palm of Hand During Televised Debate (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2697681/dianne_feinstein_caught_on_tape_looking.html?cat=7 5)

"Dianne Feinstein was caught on tape looking at notes scrawled in the palm of her hand during a televised debate. Both news and footage of this mortifying history of hers have only recently been dug up in response to the liberal media's extreme overreaction to Palin doing the same thing at the recent Tea Party convention. Seems like Sarah Palin wasn't the only one to use the old tactic of looking at notes scrawled in the palm of her hand as a memory aid. In fact, you can even credibly say that she was only mimicking the antics of that California, senior senator, Dianne Feinstein, who had Palin beat by a good 20 or so years and seemed to set the "standard" for such activity! Of course, you won't hear the liberal, mainstream media give anything coming close to equal time with this embarrassment of Feinstein's since they are good, little lapdogs of the Democrats.":lmao:

The reason everyone is laughing at Palin is the thought that she needs notes to talk like that.

She never says anything at all it's just a stream of meaningless bullshit.

It's not like she is sitting there with the defecit figures for the last 3 quarters on her paw.

Nickdfresh
02-14-2010, 09:47 AM

Oh lookie!! Cuts and pastes is back!

Well dummy, I didn't fucking vote for Diane Feinstein and I could give a shit about whether she has sharpie marker or sperm on her hands. Really.

You KNOW WHY????!!! Because she wasn't running for being a heart-beat away to becoming the end of times pResident, dumbass...

jhale667
02-14-2010, 12:54 PM

Feinstein also isn't the giant hypocrite simultaneously criticizing Obama for using a Teleprompter, jackass...:fufu:

diamondsgirl
02-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Remember when the teleprompter failed when The Messiah was talking about the unemployment statistics in our country?...oh wait...that wasn't a teleprompter malfunction...that was a lie!

Nickdfresh
02-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Remember when the teleprompter failed when The Messiah was talking about the unemployment statistics in our country?...oh wait...that wasn't a teleprompter malfunction...that was a lie!

When you say "messiah," are you talking about Reagan? Because I noticed a lot of Republicans are waiting for him to rise from the dead... :)

<object width="480" height="430"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonio n.com%2Fcontent%2Ffiles%2Fimages%2FZOMBIE_REAGAN_A RTICLE_11_23_09.jpg&videoid=99422&title=Zombie%20Reagan%20Raised%20From%20Grave%20To %20Lead%20GOP" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed src="http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/common/assets/onn_embed/embedded_player.swf"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="430"flashvars="image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theonion.com%2Fcontent%2Ffi les%2Fimages%2FZOMBIE_REAGAN_ARTICLE_11_23_09.jpg&videoid=99422&title=Zombie%20Reagan%20Raised%20From%20Grave%20To %20Lead%20GOP"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/zombie_reagan_raised_from_grave?utm_source=videoem bed">Zombie Reagan Raised From Grave To Lead GOP</a>

jhale667
02-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm beginning to think Dr. Maddvibe stole DG's password...or possessed her, something...:lmao:

Nickdfresh
02-14-2010, 07:54 PM
He only steals Lounge Machines password. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-14-2010, 08:32 PM
It's fucking 2010 and people are still using crib notes penned on their hand? It seems like a Heads Up type display could be put into a pair of eyeglasses. So your eye glasses become the teleprompter and nobody would know. This is how it should be done, especially when you are gunning for the big White House seat.

diamondsgirl
02-14-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm beginning to think Dr. Maddvibe stole DG's password...or possessed her, something...:lmao:

I dont usually come in here and usually only discuss politics with close family and friends or not at all. But, when I saw people ripping on Palin for saying that she was proud to be an American, I had to add my .02 cents here and there. The mistreatment of her, and the intentional misunderstandings of her really piss me off.

I don't want to fuck her and would not even want her as my President (at least not right now) but I think she has become a punching bag for a lot of people and I think that's wrong. I think she loves this country and only wants to do whats right for it.

LEAVE SARAH ALONE!!! :biggrin:

Terry
02-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah, well, I love this country, too.

Doesn't make me special.

Doesn't make her special, either.

Her mentioning it in speeches rings the same to me as every other pol who does it, demo or not: cheap applause-inducing theatrics.

Guitar Shark
02-15-2010, 02:02 AM
The reason everyone is laughing at Palin is the thought that she needs notes to talk like that.

Not to mention the fact that Palin has, prior to the "hand note thing" as BBB so eloquently calls it, criticized Obama for only speaking well when he has a teleprompter. The real story is her own hypocrisy, which obviously knows no bounds.

Guitar Shark
02-15-2010, 02:04 AM
I dont usually come in here and usually only discuss politics with close family and friends or not at all. But, when I saw people ripping on Palin for saying that she was proud to be an American, I had to add my .02 cents here and there. The mistreatment of her, and the intentional misunderstandings of her really piss me off.

Yeah, well, quit with the moronic, juvenile "Barry" crap and maybe someone will take your opinion more seriously. :)

FORD
02-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Proud to be an American? I thought she said she was proud to be an Alaskan?

Maybe her secessionist wacko husband wrote that for her. Much like he wrote most of her official paperwork when she was governor of Alaska for half a term.

Seshmeister
02-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Not to mention the fact that Palin has, prior to the "hand note thing" as BBB so eloquently calls it, criticized Obama for only speaking well when he has a teleprompter. The real story is her own hypocrisy, which obviously knows no bounds.

And the fact she is such a fucking moron she thought she could sit there on TV reading off her hand and no one would notice.

Seshmeister
02-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Look at that cunning sleight of hand.

Stand down Penn & Teller.

Time to hang up your anti-grav boots David Copperfield.

There is a new master of illusion in town...

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-02-07-palincrib.jpg

Seshmeister
02-15-2010, 06:22 AM
And can I point out she maybe doesn't look quite as good in that pose as a few have you imagined when whacking off. :)

diamondsgirl
02-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, well, quit with the moronic, juvenile "Barry" crap

Wow, Sharky. Oh wait, is it OK if I call you "Sharky"? :hee:

That's harsh.

If let's say, my name was....Susan, for example, and people called me Sue, (without me telling them it was OK to do so) would I think they were being moronic and juvenile? No.

and maybe someone will take your opinion more seriously. :)

hmmm....you think so?

probably not. :umm:

Guitar Shark
02-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Nice try, but I ain't buyin'.

There's a huge difference between giving a nickname to an acquaintance and doing it in a derogatory fashion because you don't like or respect the guy. You've made it pretty clear where your motivations lie.

He's our president, like it or not... and, in my opinion, it's disrespectful to pull that shit. The same applies to the sort of thing across the aisle, as with FORD's "Poppy" and "Pibbles" stuff.

You are free to disagree, of course... :)

sadaist
02-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Or, maybe Diamondsgirl has just been watching way too much Strawberry Shortcake lately. And she thinks our President is berry berry good.;)

FORD
02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
The same applies to the sort of thing across the aisle, as with FORD's "Poppy" and "Pibbles" stuff.

Pibbles has never been President. And God willing, never will be. And I didn't invent the name "Poppy" for George Bush Sr. I supsect it originated from his love for a certain flower that grows in Afghanistan, among other places.

jhale667
02-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm still trying to get why someone normally as seemingly sane as DG is all Kookoo for the Palin. Does not compute. :confused:

Unless she's trolling... ;)

MAX
02-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Nice try, but I ain't buyin'.

There's a huge difference between giving a nickname to an acquaintance and doing it in a derogatory fashion because you don't like or respect the guy. You've made it pretty clear where your motivations lie.

He's our president, like it or not... and, in my opinion, it's disrespectful to pull that shit. The same applies to the sort of thing across the aisle, as with FORD's "Poppy" and "Pibbles" stuff.

Hmmmmmmm...

Eerily similar to many of the kind folks around these parts who referred to The President of the United States prior as "Chimpy" no? ;)

The difference is that your current President used to go by the name "Barry."

As far as a respect factor and as with the prior pres with many of you, one isn't just given respect, it has to be earned. Thus, (I know it's hard to believe Sharky) half of the country isn't united when it comes to Barry. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but a lot of us think he sucks!!!

Maybe if he accomplishes something worthwhile (highly doubtful) during his tenure, I'll give him some respect? However and until such a feat happens, he'll always be Barry to me. :)

MAX
02-15-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm still trying to get why someone normally as seemingly sane as DG is all Kookoo for the Palin. Does not compute. :confused:

I know for a fact that she isn't "trolling" my friend.

Also and I know it's hard for many of you to compute but there are a lot of us who thinks BARACK isn't doing a very good job.

Guitar Shark
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Hmmmmmmm...

Eerily similar to many of the kind folks around these parts who referred to The President of the United States prior as "Chimpy" no? ;)

Yes, which was exactly my point.

The difference is that your current President used to go by the name "Barry."

First of all, he is "our" president. Unless you've decided to pack up and move to a different country.

Secondly, I don't believe this is true. Not that it matters. Again, the issue is the context. If it was a nickname among friends, that's one thing. You guys are using it differently.

As far as a respect factor and as with the prior pres with many of you, one isn't just given respect, it has to be earned. Thus, (I know it's hard to believe Sharky) half of the country isn't united when it comes to Barry. I know it's a hard pill to swallow but a lot of us think he sucks!!!

Maybe if he accomplishes something worthwhile (highly doubtful) during his tenure, I'll give him some respect? However and until such a feat happens, he'll always be Barry to me. :)

I agree that respect must be earned. But spare me the morality lesson. Even if you think he "sucks," that does not justify calling him by something other than his real name... unless, of course, you are completely uninterested in any respect yourself.

FORD
02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Maybe he called himself "Barry" in the 70's, because it was a fairly popular name then?

http://www.nndb.com/people/391/000025316/barry-williams-sized.jpg

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/manilowyoungpiano.jpg

http://monerai.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/barry-gibb1.jpg

diamondsgirl
02-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Secondly, I don't believe this is true. Not that it matters. Again, the issue is the context. If it was a nickname among friends, that's one thing. You guys are using it differently.

it wasn't just a nickname, it was what everyone called him, and it was how he referred to himself, until he suddenly became proud of his heritage and went BACK to using his birth name Barack.

diamondsgirl
02-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Maybe he called himself "Barry" in the 70's, because it was a fairly popular name then?

http://www.nndb.com/people/391/000025316/barry-williams-sized.jpg

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/manilowyoungpiano.jpg

http://monerai.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/barry-gibb1.jpg

http://www.barack-obama-now.com/pix-2007/barry_obama_yearbook.jpg

diamondsgirl
02-15-2010, 11:40 PM

So, is that how it is here in the front line? if you dont agree with the majority, you're an insane troll. LMAO.

trolling? c'mon, hale.

Dr. Love
02-16-2010, 12:22 AM
So, is that how it is here in the front line? if you dont agree with the majority, you're an insane troll. LMAO.

trolling? c'mon, hale.

I suspect he's calling you insane for supporting Palin, not for disagreeing with others.

LoungeMachine
02-16-2010, 12:55 AM
it wasn't just a nickname, it was what everyone called him, and it was how he referred to himself, until he suddenly became proud of his heritage and went BACK to using his birth name Barack.

How the fuck do you know when/why?

Link to support your claim, please?

sadaist
02-16-2010, 02:14 AM

This should do it. Please read, then kindly STFU. Ass.

It was at Occidental where he stopped being called “Barry” and became Barack Obama...

“It was when I made a conscious decision: I want to grow up,” he told the magazine.

Occidental College :: Barack Obama '83 Elected President (http://www.oxy.edu/x8270.xml)

Oxy Remembers "Barry" Obama '83

According to Obama, who then went by the name of Barry....

Occidental College :: Oxy Remembers "Barry" Obama '83 (http://www.oxy.edu/x8273.xml)

His name was Barry Obama.

Sometimes called "Barry O'bomber" for his jump shot

The 'Rat-Ballers': Obama's High School Crew - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3082803&page=1)

known at the time as Barry

Occidental recalls 'Barry' Obama - Los Angeles Times (http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jan/29/local/me-oxy29)

It didn't happen overnight. But in college, the young Barry took to being called by his formal name.

Barry Obama decided that he didn't like his nickname. A few of his friends at Occidental College had already begun to call him Barack (his formal name), and he'd come to prefer that. The way his half sister, Maya, remembers it, Obama returned home at Christmas in 1980, and there he told his mother and grandparents: no more Barry. Obama recalls it slightly differently, but in the same basic time frame. He believes he told his mom he wanted to be called Barack when she visited him in New York the following summer. By both accounts, it seemed that the elder relatives were reluctant to embrace the change. Maya recalls that Obama's maternal grandparents, who had played a big role in raising him, continued long after that to call him by an affectionate nickname, "Bar." "Not just them, but my mom, too," says Obama.

When Barry Became Barack - Newsweek.com (http://www.newsweek.com/id/128633)

How Barry Became Barack Obama

The change from Barry to Barack came in 1980 when Obama came home from college at Christmas and told his mother and grandparents that henceforth he wanted be known by his given name.

Barack was known as Barry by one and all

Obama’s African father was also named Barack, but he chose to be called Barry when he left Kenya to study in the U.S. in 1959.

Newsmax - How Barry Became Barack Obama (http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/barry-obama-newsweek/2008/03/24/id/323286)

LoungeMachine
02-16-2010, 02:32 AM

No, it doesn't, and no I won't, fuckbag

You should know better by now....

Sure doesn't sound "suddenly' to me...

BigBadBrian
02-16-2010, 05:56 AM

You never read much of his past then.

The Barry thing is common knowledge.

LoungeMachine
02-16-2010, 06:08 AM
You never read much of his past then.

The Barry thing is common knowledge.

No moron.....

I know all about "the barry thing"

But NO ONE other than HE knows how "sudden" it was...

Just because someone tells everyone they've decided to revert back to their given name, doesnt imply they haven't given it ALOT of thought over many months or even years......

It's only "sudden" to those who aren't HIM

idiot.

bueno bob
02-16-2010, 06:10 AM
I find it amusing that Republicans and conservatives in general are being forced to resort to names like "Barry" and "Obongo" in a vague effort to insult or discredit him.

I find it fucking hillarious that they think it's awesome or even remotely bright.

LoungeMachine
02-16-2010, 06:12 AM
remotely bright.

Generous, actually.

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 08:23 AM
I find it amusing that Republicans and conservatives in general are being forced to resort to names like "Barry" and "Obongo" in a vague effort to insult or discredit him.

I find it fucking hillarious that they think it's awesome or even remotely bright.

And don't forget O'bomber...LOL.

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 08:27 AM
No moron.....

I know all about "the barry thing"

But NO ONE other than HE knows how "sudden" it was...

Just because someone tells everyone they've decided to revert back to their given name, doesnt imply they haven't given it ALOT of thought over many months or even years......

It's only "sudden" to those who aren't HIM

idiot.

Ok, so he graaaaadually decided he was proud of his heritage and decided to go back to his birthname, Barack.

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 08:31 AM

I personally never thought it was "awesome" or "bright" but I do think that on the comedy scale it falls somewhere between "chimpy" and "slick willy".

Dr. Love
02-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Seriously, who gives a fuck if he decides to go by barry or barack? Why is this even important? And if that's really intended to be disparaging you guys have a really, REALLY weak sense of creativity.

jhale667
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
I suspect he's calling you insane for supporting Palin, not for disagreeing with others.

EXACTLY. I can see someone possibly having an issue with Obama's policies. Sure.

Supporting Palin, despite her obvious HUGE lack of character, ability and intellect - not to mention considering someone who couldn't even hack it for a full term as GOVERNOR qualified to hold the office of PRESIDENT- is not only insane, it's fucking idiotic. :pullinghair:

jhale667
02-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Also amazing, DG - not sure whether you made the comment in this or the other thread, but to call Mr. & Mrs. Obama "arrogant" when ironically you're supporting a quitter that still somehow is delusional enough to think SHE's even qualified to run for high office? THAT, my dear, is a far better example of "arrogance".

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Look at that cunning sleight of hand.

Stand down Penn & Teller.

Time to hang up your anti-grav boots David Copperfield.

There is a new master of illusion in town...

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-02-07-palincrib.jpg

And yeaaahhh, that's like my loveline which indicates I'm very passionate aboot people....

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 10:52 AM

It was at Occidental where he stopped being called “Barry” and became Barack Obama...

“It was when I made a conscious decision: I want to grow up,” he told the magazine.

Occidental College :: Barack Obama '83 Elected President (http://www.oxy.edu/x8270.xml)

Oxy Remembers "Barry" Obama '83

According to Obama, who then went by the name of Barry....

Occidental College :: Oxy Remembers "Barry" Obama '83 (http://www.oxy.edu/x8273.xml)

His name was Barry Obama.

Sometimes called "Barry O'bomber" for his jump shot

The 'Rat-Ballers': Obama's High School Crew - ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3082803&page=1)

known at the time as Barry

Occidental recalls 'Barry' Obama - Los Angeles Times (http://articles.latimes.com/2007/jan/29/local/me-oxy29)

It didn't happen overnight. But in college, the young Barry took to being called by his formal name.

And who gives a fuck. In 1983 he was still a teenager, and probably was trying to blend in. It's sort of his choice what name he uses. People that try to make more of it than what it is as some sort of insidious conspiracy or character flaw just come off as delusional assholes that can't actually discuss issues that matter --like even a semi-educated adult and with a grasp of basic reality....

This kind of quibbling shit can apply to just about everyone and has no real meaning...

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok, so he graaaaadually decided he was proud of his heritage and decided to go back to his birthname, Barack.

And we're all glad that you give so much of a fuck about, and devote so much "intellectual" energy too, something so meaningless and hollow...

BigBadBrian
02-16-2010, 11:32 AM
And we're all glad that you give so much of a fuck about, and devote so much "intellectual" energy too, something so meaningless and hollow...

Yet this Barry thing all made you Pinocchio liberals dance at the end of a string once again.

You, LM, jhale, Bueno Boob, and Dr Luv all got your panties in a wad over this. You all asked what the big deal was about. You guys are amazingly sensitive.

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Yet this Barry thing all made you Pinocchio liberals dance at the end of a string once again.

Wow Brian, you really showed us! No one can dumb down an argument and avoid real debates on real issues like you can...

You, LM, jhale, Bueno Boob, and Dr Luv all got your panties in a wad over this. You all asked what the big deal was about. You guys are amazingly sensitive.

Are we actually reading the same thread? Or does the computer in Ms. Ronson's special ed. "resource room" have some amazing filter to boost your sagging self-esteem...

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 11:38 AM
EXACTLY. I can see someone possibly having an issue with Obama's policies. Sure.

Supporting Palin, despite her obvious HUGE lack of character, ability and intellect - not to mention considering someone who couldn't even hack it for a full term as GOVERNOR qualified to hold the office of PRESIDENT- is not only insane, it's fucking idiotic. :pullinghair:

Hale, I have said numerous times that at THIS point, I would not vote for Palin for President.

My argument is that she is not dumb and is not a whore. Which is the way she is being referred to here.

There is a large scale between being a dumb whore and being worthy of the Office of President of the United States. I am saying that Sarah Palin is somewhere in between and I believe at the same level as Barack Obama. She is treated with less respect than Obama because she is a woman. And that is wrong.

Lets face it, if Obama ran a business the way he is running our country he'd be out of business.

Can you tell me one thing Obama has done to prove that he is worthy of this Office?

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Also amazing, DG - not sure whether you made the comment in this or the other thread, but to call Mr. & Mrs. Obama "arrogant" when ironically you're supporting a quitter that still somehow is delusional enough to think SHE's even qualified to run for high office? THAT, my dear, is a far better example of "arrogance".

Did she announce that she was running?? I must have missed that.

Palin resigned because she felt that it was best for the State.

I wish Obama would wake up and do the same. :biggrin:

But, he won't. Because he ain't no quitter. No.

He'll KEEP running this country right into the fucking ground.

jhale667
02-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Hale, I have said numerous times that at THIS point, I would not vote for Palin for President.

My argument is that she is not dumb and is not a whore. Which is the way she is being referred to here.

There is a large scale between being a dumb whore and being worthy of the Office of President of the United States. I am saying that Sarah Palin is somewhere in between and I believe at the same level as Barack Obama. She is treated with less respect than Obama because she is a woman. And that is wrong.

Lets face it, if Obama ran a business the way he is running our country he'd be out of business.

Can you tell me one thing Obama has done to prove that he is worthy of this Office?

Can't speak to the "whore" thing - but after watching several interviews with her, it's obvious she IS INDEED dumb as a box of rocks, DG. Admit it to yourself.

Be real - set your personal dislike aside -Obama could kick her ass intellectually with one lobe of his brain tied behind his back, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with her gender. Sure you'd like to think so, but that is NOT the reality. She's treated with less respect because she's proven time and time again she doesn't DESERVE any at all! She uses her impaired kid as political fodder, but nobody else better, dammit! She decries teleprompters but keeps notes on her hand!

For you to sit there and claim she's Obama's equal is just ridiculous. You're smarter than that (and her).

And yes, BHO's proven he's more qualified to hold the office than Grandpa Munster and Brainless. Would love to debate it with you further (not like it needs it), but I have a meeting to get to...;)

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Can't speak to the "whore" thing - but after watching several interviews with her, it's obvious she IS INDEED dumb as a box of rocks, DG. Admit it to yourself.

Be real - set your personal dislike aside -Obama could kick her ass intellectually with one lobe of his brain tied behind his back, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with her gender. Sure you'd like to think so, but that is NOT the reality. She's treated with less respect because she's proven time and time again she doesn't DESERVE any at all! She uses her impaired kid as political fodder, but nobody else better, dammit! She decries teleprompters but keeps notes on her hand!

For you to sit there and claim she's Obama's equal is just ridiculous. You're smarter than that (and her).

And yes, BHO's proven he's more qualified to hold the office than Grandpa Munster and Brainless. Would love to debate it with you further (not like it needs it), but I have a meeting to get to...;)

I was never keeping score but, relatively speaking, I am pretty sure that BHO has made just as many goofy comments as Palin has. But, the media doesn't harp on it as much, and so it seems like less.

She was taking the hits while Obama became the one who could do no wrong and say no wrong.

Whatever, you are certainly entitled to believing that Obama is smarter than Palin. But, she is far from being as dumb as a box of rocks.

Staying true to your party, I wouldn't expect you to give a strong, attractive, woman any more credit than that.

MAX
02-16-2010, 01:29 PM
And yes, BHO's proven he's more qualified to hold the office than Grandpa Munster and Brainless.

And how has Barry "proven" this so far? :confused:

Fuck, if he ran a business the same way he's running this country, the office buliding would be locked up with real estate signs plastered over every window stating "Commercial Space Available."

MAX
02-16-2010, 01:32 PM
And who gives a fuck. In 1983 he was still a teenager, and probably was trying to blend in.

Actually, it's you guys who "give a fuck" cos it was Sharky who questioned whether the name "Barry" was indeed acurate. Now that it's been proven (and yes, who cares) the lot of you are all defensive.

Seriously, that confuses me as well?

MAX
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
First of all, he is "our" president. Unless you've decided to pack up and move to a different country.

Point taken and I'll more than humbly retract that statement.

As you're far too well aware from my posts over the years, sometimes I tend to speak before I think. ;)

Yes, Barry is our President.

However, I proudly did NOT vote for him nor do I approve of ANYTHING he's done (or hasn't) thus far during his tenure behind the wheel.

jhale667
02-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Staying true to your party, I wouldn't expect you to give a strong, attractive, woman any more credit than that.

SO far off the mark it's funny. :biggrin:

I give credit to strong, attractive women all day long - again, you're citing an example that is NEITHER. SHOW me one, I'll give her props right now! :D

MAX
02-16-2010, 02:03 PM

I also find it fucking hilarious and equally as amusing that the libs think Barry's job performance thus far is awesome or remotely bright!!! :D

MAX
02-16-2010, 02:05 PM
SHOW me one, I'll give her props right now! :D

Jay, you know I love you bro and I also know that we can debate without resorting to disliking one another?

With that being said, I'm going to ask you the same question.

Will you PLEASE show me ONE thing qualifying a positive change that Barry's done and I'll give him props right now!!! :D

PETE'S BROTHER
02-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Did she announce that she was running?? I must have missed that.

Palin resigned because she felt that it was best for the State.

I wish Obama would wake up and do the same. :biggrin:

But, he won't. Because he ain't no quitter. No.

He'll KEEP running this country right into the fucking ground.

and sarah would quit 'cause she felt it would be "best for the country"?:umm:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Jay, you know I love you bro and I also know that we can debate without resorting to disliking one another?

Will you PLEASE show me ONE thing qualifying a positive change that Barry's done and I'll give him props right now!!! :D

he stands up for smokers' rights.:hee:

Seshmeister
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM

Well it was best for Alaska...

Seshmeister
02-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I give credit to strong, attractive women all day long

Exactly, how dare she question that!

You are renowned for being an excellent tipper. :)

MAX
02-16-2010, 02:17 PM

I respect you and I can see what you mean by this post.

Nonethelss, Palin is not in office at the moment whereas Barry is. :(

I'm serious, if I woke up tomorrow morning, Barry had resigned, I guarantee half of this nation would be dancing in the streets.

There's no shame in admitting that he gave it a shot and has miserably failed.

Again, I'm still eagerly waiting for the media hype prophecy that had many Americans believing that Barry is/was the messiah who would part the sea, so to speak? :)

Ticky Tocky Barry........

jhale667
02-16-2010, 02:23 PM

Of course we can, bro.

Kind of in a rush, but let's see - in no particular order: the stem-cell ban reversal, starting the closing of GitMo, opening a positive intelligent dialog with other countries, attempting to dig us out of the mess his predecessor left...his reaction time to disasters...he's already kicking Bush's ass, dude...and that's just off the top of my head.

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 02:26 PM

who knows?

if it truly were better for the country, shouldn't she?

MAX
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
And the fact she is such a fucking moron she thought she could sit there on TV reading off her hand and no one would notice.

Somewhat similar to Barry being such a "fucking moron" unable to foresee a Teleprompter malfunction and failing to even somewhat memorize (or even know WTF was written) his speech when such a catastrophe occoured?

Instead, we all had to endure a series of "Uhhhhhhhh's and Ummmmmmmm's......" whilst watching Barry stand at the podium acting frighteningly reminiscent of a deer caught in the headlights.

MAX
02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Of course we can, bro.

Cool!!! :cool:

Kind of in a rush, but let's see - in no particular order: the stem-cell ban reversal, starting the closing of GitMo, opening a positive intelligent dialog with other countries, attempting to dig us out of the mess his predecessor left...his reaction time to disasters...he's already kicking Bush's ass, dude...and that's just off the top of my head.

K, I asked an unfair question cos our opinions obviously differ. I don't agree with your list. Sorry. :(

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm serious, if I woke up tomorrow morning, Barry had resigned, I guarantee half of this nation would be dancing in the streets.

I would go further to say more than half.

Nearly half of the nation wanted McCain in the first place.

And now, even some of the folks who voted for Obama no longer approve of him as President.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-16-2010, 02:35 PM
I respect you and I can see what you mean by this post.

Nonethelss, Palin is not in office at the moment whereas Barry is. :(

There's no shame in admitting that he gave it a shot and has miserably failed.

Again, I'm still eagerly waiting for the media hype prophecy that had many Americans believing that Barry is/was the messiah who would part the sea, so to speak? :)

Ticky Tocky Barry........

if he resigned, biden would not send me dancing in the street. (swingin', swayin', records playin') what has barry been allowed to do? he wanted to close gitmo, public uproar, health insurance reform, public uproar, set timeframe to exit existing wars, public uproar. i did not vote for him, did not/do not believe in the "change" he promised.

MAX
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
if he resigned, biden would not send me dancing in the street. (swingin', swayin', records playin') what has barry been allowed to do? he wanted to close gitmo, public uproar, health insurance reform, public uproar, set timeframe to exit existing wars, public uproar. i did not vote for him, did not/do not believe in the "change" he promised.

Let's not forget his wonderful help to the automotive industry...

jhale667
02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
K, I asked an unfair question cos our opinions obviously differ. I don't agree with your list. Sorry. :(

You don't have to, it's OK. Doesn't diminish it, though.

Safe to say he's done more in his first year than Bush (besides the whole letting-airplanes-fly-into-buildings/start a war with a party that wasn't responsible for it- thing) did.

BigBadBrian
02-16-2010, 02:51 PM

Safe to say he's done more in his first year than Bush (besides the whole letting-airplanes-fly-into-buildings/start a war with a party that wasn't responsible for it- thing) did.

Name some things he's done. Don't use google.

See?

I knew you couldn't remember anything worthy.

He's a failure.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Let's not forget his wonderful help to the automotive industry...

the industry? or general motors?

MAX
02-16-2010, 02:54 PM
the industry? or general motors?

I hope you caught my facetious undertone? ;)

Well, I'm sure the former Saab employees aren't very thrilled with Barry's help thus far.

I also don't think the former folks at Saturn like his course of action either.

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 02:54 PM

Bush had an 82% approval rating after his first year.

diamondsgirl
02-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Well, I'm sure the former Saab employees aren't very thrilled with Barry's help thus far.

LOL (but not really) @ "the former folks at Saturn".

I know the hundreds of folks who worked at the former car dealership down the street are very unhappy. This includes many of my friends and neighbors.

MAX
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM

Dude, I completely disagree with the 9/11 conspiracy so let's not go there. That's NOT fact. It's merely speculation and paranoia.

Regardless to your stance regarding Iraq. Sometimes a call to arms is what's necessary. Bush had the balls to 86 Sadaam whereas Barry's course of action would've been talking about it?

In my heart, I truly fear what things would be like if we didn't stand up?

Talking only goes so far and Barry's recent plan of deploying 17,000 more troops overseas proves the point. ;)

sadaist
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM
the stem-cell ban reversal

Great one. Whole-heartedly support this effort. 100%. Full on. Let's save some people.

starting the closing of GitMo

All he did was say he was going to close it within one year. That year passed and nothing has changed. This is not an achievement.

opening a positive intelligent dialog with other countries

Working great with Iran. Again, this is not an achievement.

attempting to dig us out of the mess his predecessor left

Blaming Bush....again, whilst spending our futures into oblivion. This is not an achievement.

his reaction time to disasters

Are you speaking of Haiti, or the Harvard professor disaster? I give more props to the speech writers and camera crews setting up so quickly. Not how fast Barack got in front of them to read to us. Still, not an achievement.

...and that's just off the top of my head.

That might just be an achievement.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-16-2010, 03:03 PM

i certainly did:) tens of thousands more would be in the same boat if gm completely folded.

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Actually, it's you guys who "give a fuck" cos it was Sharky who questioned whether the name "Barry" was indeed acurate. Now that it's been proven (and yes, who cares) the lot of you are all defensive.

Seriously, that confuses me as well?

Eh Sharky never questioned whether the name was 'accurate,' he questioned whether it was relevant...

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 07:41 PM

He prevented the economy from going into the depression toilet...

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Bush had an 82% approval rating after his first year.

And Clinton has a 60-something percent approval rating NOW.

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 07:46 PM
LOL (but not really) @ "the former folks at Saturn".

I know the hundreds of folks who worked at the former car dealership down the street are very unhappy. This includes many of my friends and neighbors.

Oh, Obama's to blame for Saturn's demise, now?

Well then, perhaps he's to "blame" for the increase in both GM and Ford sales in January whilst both Toyota and Honda fucking shit the bed with recalls?

Blaming Obama for Saturn is like blaming Reagan for Bethlehem Steel...

Dr. Love
02-16-2010, 10:20 PM

Actually I was disparaging everyone equally. This topic is such a waste of time. Palin is a dumb hypocrite. Obama isn't delivering on his promises.

OMG SHOCKER OF THE YEAR

Who the fuck didn't already know or expect that? I always thought the people on the left were a little wacko but at least their inanity was inventive. This drivel is such a boring disappointment. At least the muslim extremist jokes were entertaining.

The only amusing part in all of this is seeing you guys try to defend the indefensible, to see you all get fed their bullshit by the spoonful. And after a while even that loses its luster as you guys bicker over who is fucking you over harder get your ankles held back behind your ears while they take turns anally raping you.

And after all of that, you spend your time arguing over who reads off a teleprompter, who is an airhead or whether or not someone should be called Barry. Incredible.

When you came back, I really expected better than this. Bring your A game, chief, or don't waste my time.

MAX
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
He prevented the economy from going into the depression toilet...

ROTFFLMAO!!!

Oh did he now? Hmmmmmm... Last I checked it's getting worse!!! :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous statements such as this and your "Hitler" comment that reinforce I made the right decision on November 4, 2008 by not voting for the "change".

The messiah's flock seems to be an awfully sensitive and angry bunch and quite frankly, you're arguments and feeble (at best) attempts at debating honestly frighten me.

Jumpin' Jeeez!!! :eek:

MAX
02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Eh Sharky never questioned whether the name was 'accurate,' he questioned whether it was relevant...

Oh, he didn't?

I see...

Secondly, I don't believe this is true. Not that it matters. Again, the issue is the context. If it was a nickname among friends, that's one thing.

Hmmmm... Now you've shed a bit of light Nick cos I get it. You and I seemingly read things differently. I read what's been typed and you're obviously reading something completely different? :confused:

Either that or what Sharky typed has an entirely different meaning of which I'm unaware? ;)

kwame k
02-16-2010, 11:28 PM
JUNEAU, Alaska – Sarah Palin is lashing out at the portrayal of a character with Down syndrome on the Fox animated comedy "Family Guy." In a Facebook posting headlined "Fox Hollywood — What a Disappointment," the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and current Fox News contributor said Sunday night's episode felt like "another kick in the gut." Palin's youngest son, Trig, has Down syndrome.

The episode features the character Chris falling for a girl with Down syndrome. On a date, he asks what her parents do.
She replies: "My dad's an accountant, and my mom is the former governor of Alaska."

Palin resigned as Alaska governor last summer.

Palin's oldest daughter, Bristol, also was quoted on her mother's Facebook page, calling the show's writers "heartless jerks."

"When you're the son or daughter of a public figure, you have to develop thick skin. My siblings and I all have that, but insults directed at our youngest brother hurt too much for us to remain silent," she is quoted as saying.
"If the writers of a particularly pathetic cartoon show thought they were being clever in mocking my brother and my family yesterday, they failed," Bristol Palin added in the Monday posting. "All they proved is that they're heartless jerks."

Palin wrote that she'd asked her daughter what she thought of the show and Bristol's reply was "a much more restrained and gracious statement than I want to make about an issue that begs the question: When is enough enough?"

This isn't the first time Palin has spoken out over an attack, real or perceived, on her family. Last year, she condemned a joke David Letterman made about her daughter, for which he later apologized.

A "Family Guy" publicist didn't immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100217/ap_on_en_tv/us_palin_family_guy)

kwame k
02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Wasn't sure which tribute to Palin thread to put this in :umm:

Here's the offensive episode in it's entirety.......

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/1xrMQWPJZHNhK-snFnwZCQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/1xrMQWPJZHNhK-snFnwZCQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Cool musical bit....Down Syndrome Girl:)

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/EQNyF-b6_Tqxpc2U_WORSw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/EQNyF-b6_Tqxpc2U_WORSw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Fucking retards........

jhale667
02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
OK, that might've been a low blow...:biggrin: but wait, she should love it, I came from a FAUX sister network...is that like "friendly fire"? :lmao:

kwame k
02-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Well I don't see people up in arms over racial stereotypes in cartoons....the Simpsons Apu comes to mind and Token from South Park......yeah, her kid has Downs....thoughts and prayers for the child's life but.....

Wonder what she would of said if Rush made a cartoon making fun of Down Syndrome:biggrin:

jhale667
02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Well I don't see people up in arms over racial stereotypes in cartoons....the Simpsons Apu comes to mind and Token from South Park......yeah, her kid has Downs....thoughts and prayers for the child's life but.....

Wonder what she would of said if Rush made a cartoon making fun of Down Syndrome:biggrin:

She'd defend it, like she did when he used the "R" word 40+ times...she only makes an issue of it when she thinks she can make political hay out of it.

"Rahm Emanuel said it (once)? DAMN HIM!!!!" :rolleyes:

kwame k
02-17-2010, 12:00 AM
She'd defend it, like she did when he used the "R" word 40+ times...she only makes an issue of it when she thinks she can make political hay out of it.

I've said it dozen of times.......I imagine there are millions of people who are guilty of using....dare I say....dark humor....fuck, now I'm a racist :pullinghair:

Jesus Christ
02-17-2010, 12:19 AM
And I have appeared on both South Park and Family Guy, believeth it or not! :jesuslol:

kwame k
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Your Holiness.....when I prayed to you about moving to Colorado, you answered in the affirmative.

You never mentioned that there's an actual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_(Colorado_basin)) South Park.......nice one Jesus, real fucking smooth:baaa:

Jesus Christ
02-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Your Holiness.....when I prayed to you about moving to Colorado, you answered in the affirmative.

You never mentioned that there's an actual (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park_(Colorado_basin)) South Park.......nice one Jesus, real fucking smooth:baaa:

But I never told you to go to Colorado Springs. That place scares Me! :eek:

kwame k
02-17-2010, 12:55 AM
But I never told you to go to Colorado Springs. That place scares Me! :eek:

Me too...that's why I didn't wait for your advise to move to Manitou Springs...my God! This town's full of pothead, micro brew drinking freaks :hitch:

Saturday in Manitou...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Carnivale8.jpg

No drugs here officer....

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Carnivale3.jpg

Wait...you're stoned, too.....

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Carnivale36.jpg

Duke....are you stoned?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Carnivale29.jpg

More Keep Manitou Weird here....above photos were not taken by me. (http://csfreshink.ning.com/photo/albums/manitou-carnivale-2010?id=3831802:Album:20063&commentPage=&page=1)

kwame k
02-17-2010, 01:07 AM
This town is not for the meek at heart...Your Most Holiness.

There's purple Indians here...for Christ's sake :pullinghair:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Carnivale27.jpg

jhale667
02-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Dude, I completely disagree with the 9/11 conspiracy so let's not go there. That's NOT fact. It's merely speculation and paranoia.

Dude, seriously - where did you get "conspiracy theory" out of HIS ADMINISTRATION NOT PAYING ATTENTION to y'know, security memos that said "Al-Qeada determined to use planes to attack America"?!? Never mind conspiracy theories, the FACT is they dropped the ball. No speculation there.

Regardless to your stance regarding Iraq. Sometimes a call to arms is what's necessary. Bush had the balls to 86 Sadaam whereas Barry's course of action would've been talking about it?

In my heart, I truly fear what things would be like if we didn't stand up?

Talking only goes so far and Barry's recent plan of deploying 17,000 more troops overseas proves the point. ;)

I actually support deploying more troops in an area they should have been in in the first place. But that place was not, never WAS Iraq. Fact.

No debate Sadaam was a douchebag, but he had NO connection to 9/11, and to keep pretending otherwise is bullshit.

Yeah, it does take balls to squander American lives and misdirect a war effort for no relevant or legitimate reason other than "he tried ta kill mah daddy" - agree with you there.

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Hmmmm... Now you've shed a bit of light Nick cos I get it. You and I seemingly read things differently. I read what's been typed and you're obviously reading something completely different? :confused:

LOL! :biggrin:

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 08:47 AM

Pretty sure she'd be mighty pissed off (and rightfully so) at anyone making fun of a person (child or not) with Downs Syndrome. It's just not....funny.

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 09:09 AM

I do think she over-reacted to Emanuel's use of the word. I do not think his intend was to make fun of anyone with a true disability.

But, knowing how sensitive of an issue it is for many families, ALL people should try to use a different word.

I once called my self "retarded" because I got lost somewhere. I was trying to read a map (which I am terrible at) and I said "I am retarded when it comes to reading maps." You would have thought I said the most horrible thing in the world. One of the men in my car had child with Downs Syndrome child and he went OFF on me. I apologized over and over and was nearly in tears, because I felt so bad and was so embarrassed.

Later, I thought about it and I think he did over react, as did Palin.

But, I will never use that word again because now I know how it is perceived.

VanHalener
02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
You can almost see what she had written on her right hand in this picture taken just before she reached under the table to play with her husbands knob.

It reads...

"UP"

"DOWN"

"UP"

"DOWN"

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/eagle007blogger/palin/palin.jpg

Man I would SOOOOO hit that!

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 11:16 AM
And Clinton has a 60-something percent approval rating NOW.

so??

could you look up LBJ's current approval rating for me? that's just about as relevent.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-17-2010, 11:22 AM
And I have appeared on both South Park and Family Guy, believeth it or not! :jesuslol:

i love your work on both shows. thanks.;)

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
The messiah's flock seems to be an awfully sensitive and angry bunch and quite frankly, you're arguments and feeble (at best) attempts at debating honestly frighten me.

The flock is just staying true to their leader. His whole catch-phrase now is "ANGER". No more hope. We are hopeless.

Now they're ANGRY.

http://www.foxnomad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/little-girl-punching.jpg

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 11:29 AM
She'd defend it, like she did when he used the "R" word 40+ times...!!!!" [/I] :rolleyes:

can you show me where she defended it?

BigBadBrian
02-17-2010, 12:24 PM

It's all about CONTEXT (look it up in the dictionary...I know you need to) you fucking retarded cunt!

jhale667
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
can you show me where she defended it?

No, but it's in one of the other threads you were kissing her ass in (I know, so many you're losing track), you have to find it yourself. Try the thread with that stupid Repuke bitch telling Ron Reagan he "never met his father", for starters.

It's all about CONTEXT (look it up in the dictionary...I know you need to) you fucking retarded cunt!

"Retarded Cunt"? Hey how about we leave your mom out of this, k? :dafinger:

This from a guy with the reading comprehension of a gnat... you would't know "context" if it bit you in the ass....but I'll type this REEEEALLLYY slow for you:

STFU, you boot-licking neocon troll shitbag. Shouldn't you be spanking it to a Glenn BecKKK rerun about now, loser? Fucking jackass.

Did YOUR parents have any kids that LIVED? :tongue0011:

MAX
02-17-2010, 01:36 PM
And now it's time for Deep Thoughts...

By Maxipad

Fuck, I didn't just poke some fun at my nickname did I? Sacrilege and who'd of thunk it? Lol

Fuck, I KNEW this shitstorm was coming...

Last night, as my day settled down I did my usual routine. I walked my dog, got into my jammies, made my cup of sleepy time tea, turned on the television and sat back to relax. Well and to my surprise there was the latest Sarah Palin controversy on the news. As I watched, the thought occurred to me about how the haters (yes, you do HATE the woman!!!) at my beloved Army were going to somehow and someway spin the story whilst defending it and casting the blame towards her.

Well and as predictable as it is if I touch a flame, I'll inevitably get burned, certain yayhoos did not disappoint and came through just as I thought and with flying colors.

I KNEW FOR A FACT that you'd all somehow spin it by using that fat fucking imbecile Rush Limbaugh's continuous empty soul and lack of character as a reference point. :rolleyes:

Now and just to be sure and to clarify that this isn't my new opinion just to defend Ms. Palin, here's a little ditty that I stated just yesterday...

I'm thrilled that you mentioned this Nick cos I think (and ALWAYS have!!!) Rush Limbaugh is an utterly, classless, piece of shit!!! :mad:

Dolemite motherfuckers!!! Eat that and Smile!!! :hitch:

K, now let's get on with it, shall we?

Just as I knew the Limbaugh comments were unavoidable, I also knew that Fox would be brought up. Again, you guys never fail to disappoint. :)

Here are a couple of your examples just so the typical "I didn't say that" or "I meant this" b.s. is out in the open for all to see and read. Well, maybe not Nick cos apparantly his interperetation of English differs from mine? :p

OK, that might've been a low blow...:biggrin: but wait, she should love it, I came from a FAUX sister network...is that like "friendly fire"? :lmao:

Here's my take. First of all, there is no defending Family Guy on this one. I know it's a no holds barred show. In fact and back when I used to get loaded, I used to laugh at the show and watch it. However and now that I'm a sober old man, I just don't find that sophomoric humor so funny anymore. Where this one was utterly tasteless is the fact that they specifically mentioned “the former governor of Alaska.” I don't give a fuck who you are but that draws the line.

Secondly, I'm going to address Palin's lack of response to that fatass Limbaugh's use of the “R Word” as it's now being called. She never once fucking defended the prick. To my knowledge, she didn't even comment and YES, that's wrong!!! Especially when she did go completely batshit over Mr. Emanuel's one time misuse of the word. I think she overreacted. As usual, I'll call a spade a spade as it applies. Hence, for Palin to call for Emanuel's termination she should have been just as vocal regarding that cocksucker Limbaugh as well. JMAO. Personally, I've wanted Limbaugh's head dating all the way back to 1991 when he played Queen's "Another one bites the Dust" the day Freddy Mercury died. He's a classless oxygen thieving cunt!!!

However and unlike you bashers justifying Family Guy by mentioning Fox, Emanuel and Limbaugh, I can see where a lot of the time she doesn't want either her family nor herself to endure any more media thrashing. Yes, she's chosen a career that's thrust her directly into the public spotlight and along with that comes the inevitable scrutiny along with praise. Regardless, going after one's physically challenged BABY is just plain and fucking WRONG no matter how you spin it!!!

Seriously and no matter what your political thoughts differ from the woman, attacking her child is fucked up.

With that being said, I'm OUT!!! (just this post, you guys aren't that fortunate that I'd ever pull a bye bye thread. lol ;) )

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
No, but it's in one of the other threads you were kissing her ass in (I know, so many you're losing track), you have to find it yourself. Try the thread with that stupid Repuke bitch telling Ron Reagan he "never met his father", for starters.

So, in other words, "no".

I think she blew it off, which is not exactly "defending it". I never saw where she "defended" it.

jhale667
02-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Wrong, DG. She DID.

Yo, 'Pad ;)

Find the full segment of the bit quoted in the FORD thread I directed DG to...Palin did INDEED defend Rush's statement. She only objects to the term when she thinks it's politically advantageous. The only "context" that concerns her is if the term was used by a Dem or Repub. I've read SHE has referred to Trig as her "retarded baby".

And for the record, I did say the Family Guy thing was seemingly a low blow. ;)

MAX
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
The flock is just staying true to their leader. His whole catch-phrase now is "ANGER". No more hope. We are hopeless.

Now they're ANGRY.

http://www.foxnomad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/little-girl-punching.jpg

LMAO @ the pic.

Too true.

Here lies the difference amongst all of us. I know for a fact that both you and I are willing to openly state that Bush made several fuckups as the President. In fact, I was not very happy with his performance during his second term along with some of his first. See, it's not that difficult for me to admit that people are human, they make mistakes and YES a lot of the time, they fuck up and even suck at their jobs.

Here's the difference. Whereas we can admit certain faults, the majority of Barry's kin just cannot admit that he's fucked up a lot of things.

Sorry to break it to you folks but the man cannot walk on water, heal the sick by touch, part the sea, etc. Contrary to popular opinion, he's just a human being like the rest of us, capapble of doing good things along with fucking up things. Believe me, the sooner you all come to grasps with this, the better off you'll be. Trust me, you'll thank me for it one day. :)

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM

not nice :(

MAX
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Wrong, DG. She DID.

Yo, 'Pad ;)

Find the full segment of the bit quoted in the FORD thread I directed DG to...Palin did INDEED defend Rush's statement. She only objects to the term when she thinks it's politically advantageous. The only "context" that concerns her is if the term was used by a Dem or Repub. I've read SHE has referred to Trig as her "retarded baby".

And for the record, I did say the Family Guy thing was seemingly a low blow. ;)

My brother,

I did the research for you within my post so could/would you please return the favor by digging up FORD's post of Palin's "defense" cos I'd love to see the source?

Thanks. :cool:

jhale667
02-17-2010, 01:57 PM
My brother,

I did the research for you within my post so could/would you please return the favor by digging up FORD's post of Palin's "defense" cos I'd love to see the source?

Thanks. :cool:

Kinda slammed at the office, but let's see here...

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/57982-delusional-likudist-randtard-cunt-tells-ron-reagan-jr-he-never-met-his-own-father.html

Behar shows a snippet of her defending him here - I don't have time to look for the full interview it came from, sorry.

I'd kinda like to see the whole interview myself..

MAX
02-17-2010, 02:00 PM
so??

could you look up LBJ's current approval rating for me? that's just about as relevent.

Nick PLEEEEAAAAASE!!! (spastically raising hand with hopes of being called upon in class?)

While you're at it, could you please tell me when Daffy Duck's birthday's coming cos I'd sure hate to forget sending him a card?

Sorry to have taken time out of this thread but Daffy's birthday is just as important to me as a formerly impeached president's current approval rating. http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/smilies/bounce.gif

PETE'S BROTHER
02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
family guy does not hold back much that is true. but those writers even make fun of themselves, all's fair type of thing. if you walk up to anybody and ask them who sarah palin is, i'm sure someone would say "she's the former governer of alaska" if asked about her family someone would eventually say " she has a down's syndrome child" or "her grandson's father is in playgirl". it is common knowledge and mcfarlane puts it in a cartoon for christ's sake. i don't see the "unforgivable obomination" .

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 02:03 PM
And now it's time for Deep Thoughts...

By Maxipad

I think that's an oxymoron... ;)

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Name some things he's done. Don't use google.

See?

I knew you couldn't remember anything worthy.

He's a failure.

Maybe he can be like you--not use The Googles™--and just make shit up? :)

MAX
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/57982-delusional-likudist-randtard-cunt-tells-ron-reagan-jr-he-never-met-his-own-father.html

Behar shows a snippet of her defending him here - I don't have time to look for the full interview it came from, sorry.

Thank you and I'll go take a look. :cool:

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM

The only amusing part in all of this is seeing you guys try to defend the indefensible, to see you all get fed their bullshit by the spoonful. And after a while even that loses its luster as you guys bicker over who is fucking you over harder get your ankles held back behind your ears while they take turns anally raping you.

Dr. Love, you're such a wordsmith! :)

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:10 PM
ROTFFLMAO!!!

Oh did he now? Hmmmmmm... Last I checked it's getting worse!!! :rolleyes:

WTF were you "checking" then? All the indicaters are up, and in case you haven't noticed, Wall Street is in double digits have being hammered down from over 14,000 points to SIX FUCKING THOUSAND POINTS under the Bush...

It's ridiculous statements such as this and your "Hitler" comment that reinforce I made the right decision on November 4, 2008 by not voting for the "change".

It isn't ridiculous, because Hitler met her "leadership" criteria of not smoking (much to the chagrin on many of his commanders)!

Jumpin' Jeeez!!! :eek:

Please. Seriously, the people who voted for Obama are the "flock of the messiah" now? I thought only retards like Palin actually proclaim divine right...

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:10 PM

I will check this out at home tonight, can't do "sound" in the office

Personally, I found Rush's use of the word far more offensive because it was so intentional. (and repeated)

I think Emmanuel's was ignorantly innocent. Certainly nothing to be fired over. A nothing like the "N" word as someone had compared it. He should have been spoken to and told to stop using the phrase. It's fine to want to make an example to teach a lesson, but to say he should be removed was overboard.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Oh, he didn't?

I see...

Either that or what Sharky typed has an entirely different meaning of which I'm unaware? ;)

Maybe you should reread your own post, and see the part about a "nickname among his friends." He was never named Barry, but went by it to "fit in."

Now can we find a more useful issue, like whether Bush was tagging Condi or if Condi was a lesbo?

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM
It isn't ridiculous, because Hitler met her "leadership" criteria of not smoking (much to the chagrin on many of his commanders)!

Maybe Hitler saw that being dependent on a drug IS a weakness, and maybe he wanted his leaders to be physically healthy (not sure how much they knew about the dangers back then)

and I agree with that, anyone with have a brain would agree with that, which is maybe why you don't agree with it, I don't know...

that doesn't mean that I agree with anything else Hitler ever did or said or that I would ever want him as my President.

That's just dumb.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Oh please, don't post shit like this and make "ridiculous" statements regarding the economy that a six year child knows to be patently false!

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I wonder how often this chick get's proposed too in that giant, tundra sausage fest known as Alaska?

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:22 PM
so??

Almost as relevant as Obama's alternate name or what he`does when he's not acting as`President...

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
family guy does not hold back much that is true. but those writers even make fun of themselves, all's fair type of thing. if you walk up to anybody and ask them who sarah palin is, i'm sure someone would say "she's the former governer of alaska" if asked about her family someone would eventually say " she has a down's syndrome child" or "her grandson's father is in playgirl". it is common knowledge and mcfarlane puts it in a cartoon for christ's sake. i don't see the "unforgivable obomination" .

I don't think all is fair when Palin has clearly has spoken out about her family being the brunt of jokes. They could have/should have passed on this.

It will be interesting to see what is done about this because even though it was on Fox, I don't think she is going to let it go. I think she is getting to that point where nothing is going to be let go. Too many people are taking shots and it's just wrong.

jhale667
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Here's the difference. Whereas we can admit certain faults, the majority of Barry's kin just cannot admit that he's fucked up a lot of things.

Sorry to break it to you folks but the man cannot walk on water, heal the sick by touch, part the sea, etc. Contrary to popular opinion, he's just a human being like the rest of us, capapble of doing good things along with fucking up things. Believe me, the sooner you all come to grasps with this, the better off you'll be. Trust me, you'll thank me for it one day. :)

What I don't get is how all of his detractors TRY to project some "Messiah complex" bullshit on to his supporters; it's not at ALL realistic. You guys make all these "walk on water/part the red sea" references and it's just lame. Much like the "Barry" thing -makes your collective arguments even more weak.

I think everyone who's considered a supporter (here at least) has indicated they're not 100% satisfied with his performance thus far. Is he anywhere near the EPIC FAIL level of his predecessor at the same time in his 1st term? Not even close. But yeah, he could be doing more, and kicking more Republican ASS as opposed to trying to compromise with the party of NO.

Even commentators like Bill Maher are calling on him to be tougher, he said something to the effect of "Say whatever about Bush and Cheney - yeah, they had HORRIBLE ideas, but they pushed them through whether people LIKED them or not."

And let's not forget the Repukes who were decrying ANY criticism of Bush during his dual fiasco terms "Unpartriotic", "UnAmerican", and sometimes they'd go so far as to call it TREASON, when it was none of the above.

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Almost as relevant as Obama's alternate name or what he`does when he's not acting as`President...

he is an addict 24/7 until he quits for good

LOL @ alternate name. At least I called him something that he used as his name at one time. (for decades)

How's this "The President formerly known as Barry". LOL.

MAX
02-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Maybe you should reread your own post, and see the part about a "nickname among his friends." He was never named Barry, but went by it to "fit in."

Once again Nick, where did I ever state that Barry was his legal name? I stated that he went by it and that has been proven or is Newsweek (amongst others) not a reliable source? Shit, I'd think you'd worship it as a bible of sorts within this thread. Especially with the way they handled Palin's book release? One would think you'd be natural allies?

I mean, here we have (supposedly?) a majorly respected NEWS magazine and this is what they chose to use for the cover? Fuck and come on!!! :rolleyes:

http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2009/11/17/11/sarah-palin-newsweek-cover-sexist-6894-1258473900-17.jpg

Now can we find a more useful issue, like whether Bush was tagging Condi or if Condi was a lesbo?

Naw, I'm not in the mood to tackle gay bashing or homoerotic fantasies you might have today. :p Only a joke buddy. ;)

Let's just stick with the endless minutia of both the "R" and "N" words and the endless male chauvinistic comments regarding Palin's inability to think (cos everyone's too enthralled with what her wee wee's currently doing) that are currently soiling this thread shall we?

MAX
02-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh please, don't post shit like this and make "ridiculous" statements regarding the economy that a six year child knows to be patently false!

Must be nice living in Fantasyland. Tell Mr. Rourke and Tattoo 'ello from me will ya?

Seshmeister
02-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't think all is fair when Palin has clearly has spoken out about her family being the brunt of jokes. They could have/should have passed on this.

It will be interesting to see what is done about this because even though it was on Fox, I don't think she is going to let it go. I think she is getting to that point where nothing is going to be let go. Too many people are taking shots and it's just wrong.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/pspauld/tinyviolin.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
02-17-2010, 02:32 PM

or in every day life:hee:2471

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Maybe Hitler saw that being dependent on a drug IS a weakness, and maybe he wanted his leaders to be physically healthy (not sure how much they knew about the dangers back then)

Or maybe he was a charismatic, repressed raving psychotic with an Übermensch fetish?

Good to know he wanted his commanders to be physically healthy while murdering European Jewry, starving Soviet POWs to death, and generally ordering his armies to committ unspeakable acts...

Priorities my dear. Priorities...

I might also add that I know and have befriended Salad-Eaters (otherwise known as vegetarians) that also like to thrust their moralist bullshit on me about eating a nice, tangy and juicy steak. I usually CORDIALLY INVITE them to put on a brown shirt and seig heil before fucking off...

and I agree with that, anyone with have a brain would agree with that, which is maybe why you don't agree with it, I don't know...

Or apparently you're arrogant and filled with hubris enough to believe that only people who agree with you have brains?

that doesn't mean that I agree with anything else Hitler ever did or said or that I would ever want him as my President.

That's just dumb.

Goody! You think Hitler was right to be a faggy-pantsed teetotaler, nonsmoking cunt, but wrong to kill millions. How nice.

Did you get my point that the idea of who smokes and who doesn't has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how good or horrid a person/leader can be?

But thanks for judging everyone from your high horse!

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
I think everyone who's considered a supporter (here at least) has indicated they're not 100% satisfied with his performance thus far. Is he anywhere near the EPIC FAIL level of his predecessor at the same time in his 1st term? Not even close.

Lets play the Presidential Approval Tracker Game and see how "not even close" they were.

On day 366 of their presidency Obama was at a 50% approval while Bush was at a 82%. I guess Hale was right...not even close.

Polls can affect president's hold on party - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/presidential-approval-tracker.htm)

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Or maybe he was a charismatic, repressed raving psychotic with an Übermensch fetish?

Good to know he wanted his commanders to be physically healthy while murdering European Jewry, starving Soviet POWs to death, and generally ordering his armies to committ unspeakable acts...

Priorities my dear. Priorities...

I might also add that I know and have befriended Salad-Eaters (otherwise known as vegetarians) that also like to thrust their moralist bullshit on me about eating a nice, tangy and juicy steak. I usually CORDIALLY INVITE them to put on a brown shirt and seig heil before fucking off...

Or apparently you're arrogant and filled with hubris enough to believe that only people who agree with you have brains?

Goody! You think Hitler was right to be a faggy-pantsed teetotaler, nonsmoking cunt, but wrong to kill millions. How nice.

Did you get my point that the idea of who smokes and who doesn't has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how good or horrid a person/leader can be?

But thanks for judging everyone from your high horse!

Sounds like you need a cigarette, Nick, you fucking psycho...

jhale667
02-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Lets play the Presidential Approval Tracker Game and see how "not even close" they were.

On day 366 of their presidency Obama was at a 50% approval while Bush was at a 82%. I guess Hale was right...not even close.

Polls can affect president's hold on party - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/presidential-approval-tracker.htm)

Yeah, take away the post 9/11 "go team" bump (not to mention no one yet knew with 100% certainty the Iraq connection was a LIE) and what do you think that figure would have REALLY been? Please. Give it up.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 02:44 PM
82% was because of 9/11

If you're unaware of that, that's just sad.

Check his AR on Sept. 10th

Willer points to the aftermath of the Sep. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States as an example of the tendency. After Sept. 11, 2001, approval of Bush's job performance jumped from 51 percent on Sept. 10, 2001, to 86 percent on Sept. 15, 2001, in a Gallup Poll

Cornell News: Terrorist warnings boost Bush approval ratings (http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Oct04/terrorist.Bush.ssl.html)

Buy a clue, will ya?

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah, take away the post 9/11 "go team" bump (not to mention no one yet knew with 100% certainty the Iraq connection was a LIE) and what do you that figure would have REALLY been? Please. Give it up.

exactly.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:46 PM

Wow. What a classic exercise in bullshit and taking things out of context. Bush was at an 82% because he was floating on the post-911 feeling of genuine good will amidst crisis. Most Republicans would be embarrassed to mention this...

Obama's numbers are similar too the first Bush's and Reagan's in recent memory...

BTW, what was Ike's approval? That's also irrelevant...

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Sounds like you need a cigarette, Nick, you fucking psycho...

I already mentioned I hate them, retard...:biggrin:

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, take away the post 9/11 "go team" bump (not to mention no one yet knew with 100% certainty the Iraq connection was a LIE) and what do you that figure would have REALLY been? Please. Give it up.

I thought he was a complete fuck up for waiting in a classroom for 18 minutes after the events of 9/11 began?

I guess most of the country disagreed with you guys there.

Jesus Christ
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Even I, the Messiah, lost a popular opinion poll to a thief and murderer named Barrabas. And those people were fearful and misinformed, just as those who "approved" of the Son of Bush in 2001.

jhale667
02-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought he was a complete fuck up for waiting in a classroom for 18 minutes after the events of 9/11 began?

Wow, you're so reaching lately...sad, really.

Wasn't it more like 7 minutes? And yes, HE WAS. But again, he was able to ride the post-9/11 hysteria and whip everyone up with the fear-mongering, to justify invading a country that had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT...ignoring that part, huh?

You may need something stronger than a cigarette. :tongue0011:

MAX
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM

Dear God, you are certifiable. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the way you spin things is beyond dumb. Please forgive me, I neither poses a psychology degree nor am I mechanically inclined but aren't you putting words in her mouth? Or is it just your usual rhetoric of interpreting English a bit differently than the rest of us?

Now and because she thinks Obama lacks will power cos of (by his own admission) cannot quit smoking, she's somewhere typed (link please cos I've missed it?) that she's moving up to Idaho to join the arian nation or some other nazi group, engaged to the imperial grand dragon wizard dungeon master(or whatever the fuck they're called?) and is proud of Hitler and the holocaust?

MAX
02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Hmmmm...

Where's that assclown "Demoncunt" when one needs him? ;)

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I already mentioned I hate them, retard...:biggrin:

then may I suggest counseling?...you just went off like a complete nut, seriously...do you read what you type? why are you so obsessed with this?

FYI, I could care less that you eat meat and you're friends don't...eating meat is not the sign of weakness, and you are not my President. I could care less how hostile your dinner conversations are with your "friends".

And I can agree with one thing that Hitler believed in and not agree that it was OK to kill people. He was a sick guy, what can I say? You brought him up and then expect me to defend him?

I do happen to agree (with most rational people) that leaders should not be weak. Leaders should not be butt-junkies. Leaders should be able to put their mind to something and then do it without failing over and over again.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
then may I suggest counseling?...you just went off like a complete nut, seriously...do you read what you type? why are you so obsessed with this?

FYI, I could care less that you eat meat and you're friends don't...eating meat is not the sign of weakness, and you are not my President. I could care less how hostile your dinner conversations are with your "friends".

And I can agree with one thing that Hitler believed in and not agree that it was OK to kill people. He was a sick guy, what can I say? You brought him up and then expect me to defend him?

I do happen to agree (with most rational people) that leaders should not be weak. Leaders should not be butt-junkies. Leaders should be able to put their mind to something and then do it without failing over and over again.

.....and have red capes and blue suits with the letter S on them.;)

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, you're so reaching lately...sad, really.

Wasn't it more like 7 minutes?

LMAO. Where were you correcting the "18 minute" comments yesterday??

hey, Lounge...W only sat for 7 minutes, not 18. Hale says so right here.

So, I guess we can just cross out everything that you guys had such an issue with yesterday regarding his "response time"

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM

Maybe Nick should join Nate in group counseling cos you seem to have caused both of their collective meltdowns?

What power you must have, no?

First, you got Nate so fired up that he wanted to "smack" you and now Nick's so beside himself he's halucinating that you're a nazi!!!

Both are equally as abominable, IMO.

Somehow though, I doubt Nick will get the same sort of a backlash for typing such vulgarities? :rolleyes:

Eagerly, I'll await one of his peers to hand him this for his jackassed Hitler comments...:mad:

http://www.uiwalumni.org/s/803/images/personal_23514/get%20out%20of%20jail%20free.jpg

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM

no, that was W.

On 9/11, he was supposed to fly around the country in 18, no, I mean, 7 minutes, personally defending all of us against terrorists who were already attacking us.

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Maybe Nick should join Nate in group counseling cos you seem to have caused both of their collective meltdowns?

First, you got Nate so fired up that he wanted to "smack" you and now Nick's so beside himself he's halucinating that you're a nazi!!!

LOL. I have been told that I bring out the best in people, but in these cases, I brought out the beast. ;) What can I say?

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:15 PM

but seriously, no need to be Superman and have super human strength. Just don't be weak.

jhale667
02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
LMAO. Where were you correcting the "18 minute" comments yesterday??

hey, Lounge...W only sat for 7 minutes, not 18. Hale says so right here.

So, I guess we can just cross out everything that you guys had such an issue with yesterday regarding his "response time"

Geez, you're just being ridiculous.

7 minutes, 9, 18 - doesn't matter - when you're the leader of the country, the correct reaction to the news "The country is under attack" is NOT to sit there looking like terrified deer in the headlights, pissing yourself for ANY amount of time! :pullinghair:

Nitro Express
02-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I wonder how often this chick get's proposed too in that giant, tundra sausage fest known as Alaska?

Sound like a good description of Fairbanks. :biggrin:

FORD
02-17-2010, 03:18 PM
no, that was W.

On 9/11, he was supposed to fly around the country in 18, no, I mean, 7 minutes, personally defending all of us against terrorists who....

....worked for his father.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
but seriously, no need to be Superman and have super human strength. Just don't be weak.

unfortunately, strength is a matter of opinion, and your opinion differs from mine and others. no big deal, just a fact.

Nitro Express
02-17-2010, 03:22 PM
This town is not for the meek at heart...Your Most Holiness.

There's purple Indians here...for Christ's sake :pullinghair:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Carnivale27.jpg

An indian with a beard? You probably could score some purple haze or orange sunshine off of him. I bet he makes nice pottery as well.

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:24 PM

7 minutes, 9, 18 - doesn't matter - when you're the leader of the country, the correct reaction to the news "The country is under attack" is NOT to sit there looking like terrified deer in the headlights, pissing yourself for ANY amount of time! :pullinghair:

I don't think he looked like a deer in the headlights and I'm sure he didn't piss himself. Most of the country seemed to think he did OK, too.

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 03:25 PM
On 9/11, he was supposed to fly around the country in 18, no, I mean, 7 minutes, personally defending all of us against terrorists who were already attacking us.

If 9/11 had happened on Obama's watch, and Obama stayed and listened to story time with children for some period of time while the country was under attack, I'm sure you'd be defending him, right?

Right. :)

jhale667
02-17-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't think he looked like a deer in the headlights and I'm sure he didn't piss himself. Most of the country seemed to think he did OK, too.

Oh, COME ON!!!!! :pullinghair:

Are you SURE you wanna stick with that bullshit story?

http://www.historycommons.org/events-images/295_card_tells_bush2050081722-9210.jpg

Yeah, 'cause that look doesn't say "Oh, FUCK" or anything...

But let's get the "Oh shit" from another angle...

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/090910-george-bush-vlg-11a.widec.jpg

But by all means, feel free to embarrass yourself further. :rolleyes:

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:34 PM
If 9/11 had happened on Obama's watch, and Obama stayed and listened to story time with children for some period of time while the country was under attack, I'm sure you'd be defending him, right?

firstly, I stated yesterday that it would have been wiser for W to excuse himself and go to a place where he could talk openly and find out WTF was going on, so that he could make some decisions on what needed to be done next. Sitting in a classroom surrounded by children, did not make sense to me.

However, if he was sitting for only 7 minutes, because the people who were informing him of what was going on also said (something to the effect of) "sit tight, and stay calm, until we have more information", I would defend either President for doing so.

ELVIS
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
http://www.peacedogman.com/Images/roteat.gif

:elvis:

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Of course you would. Because you are clearly unbiased.

jhale667
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Watch the video of it, DG (no, I'm not going to find it for you) almost 100% certain ALL the guy says to him before walking away is "The country is under attack". And he then sat there in abject terror.

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Oh, COME ON!!!!! :pullinghair:

Are you SURE you wanna stick with that bullshit story?

http://www.historycommons.org/events-images/295_card_tells_bush2050081722-9210.jpg

Yeah, 'cause that look doesn't say "Oh, FUCK" or anything...

But let's get the "Oh shit" from another angle...

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/090910-george-bush-vlg-11a.widec.jpg

But by all means, feel free to embarrass yourself further. :rolleyes:

I can not even believe that I am doing this. I am defending a man's facial expressions....but, OK...

What I see is a look of concern. Obama would probaly light up a butt, so what's your point?

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 03:38 PM

They'd support Barry sitting in the classroom so long as he wasnt smoking, AND could produce his birth certificate....

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM

No cos 9/11 would have never happened on OBAMA'S (better? ;) ) watch cos he's a miracle man, right? :)

C'mon Sharky, let's go back to when it first happened, you know prior to the shoulda, coulda, woulda's of the present, mmmmmK?

Hindsight is 20/20 and YES things could have been handled differently. I'll even admit that. However, we had NEVER experienced ANYTHING of that magnitude thus we were all in shock. From what I recall, even Air Force One was grounded for a bit that fateful morning?

So and seriously, it's nothing but pure speculation that OBAMA would have done things better or differently. Let's hope to God that he's never put in such a situation.

Also and only my opinion, many people within this forum would shit on W. if he'd have jumped up and screamed at the kindygartners. According to many in here W. nmatter what. Fucked if he do, fucked if he don't!!!

Hey, I'm still willing for OBAMA to surprise the shit out of me and give this country the "hope" that he's been promising for such a long time. However and until I see it happening first hand, I'll continue to criticize his poor job performance thus far.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I can not even believe that I am doing this. I am defending a man's facial expressions....but, OK...

What I see is a look of concern. Obama would probaly light up a butt, so what's your point?

priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omfg.

a. look. of. concern.

whew, dodged THAT bullet......

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:41 PM

And you're not?

Whew!!! That's a relief. ;)

diamondsgirl
Watch the video of it, DG (no, I'm not going to find it for you) almost 100% certain ALL the guy says to him before walking away is "The country is under attack". And he then sat there in abject terror.

I watched the video years ago and thought that there was more than one "whisper" in his ear

LoungeMachine
. However, we had NEVER experienced ANYTHING of that magnitude .

Yeah, umm....

Does Pearl Harbor ring a bell?

Bueller?

anyone, anyone?

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM

omfg.

a. look. of. concern.

Sometimes (well, a lot of the time you're funny) but this time Lounge go for laugh.. No get. :(

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM

omfg.

a. look. of. concern.

and that would have been your response no matter what I said, unless of course, I agreed.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Sometimes (well, a lot of the time you're funny) but this time Lounge go for laugh.. No get. :(

Mine wasn't funny.....

Her's was.

funniest fucking thing in days.......

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah, umm....

Bueller?

anyone, anyone?

Wasn't born then, didn't live through it.

Then again, we were currently at war, no? No wait, you'll jump all over my shit cos I didn't mention it was the beginning of part II of the war riiiiight? ;)

binnie
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow, just wow.

Presidential politics is weird.............

jhale667
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Obama would probaly light up a butt, so what's your point?

:rolleyes:
OK, you've completely lost all cred here. You're almost as bad as Brie at this point.
Given your response (much like the last few), guess the point to be made is you are a textbook example of "weak sauce". :biggrin:

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM

I will at least give you credit for not being one of the loonies who thinks he had something to do with the attack.

I mean, he clearly would not look like a deer in the headlights, pissing himself if he KNEW this was going to happen

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Wow, just wow.

Kinda fucks up Oprah's claim when OBAMA was first elected that "This country hasn't been this united since 9/11." doesn't it?

Nooooooooo... This nation isn't completely split in half is it?

Seriously and outside of commenting on Nick's impending psychological meltdown (although warranted with the Hitler and "Retard" comments, IMO) and outside of a couple of good natured ribbings amongst friends, I'm not foaming at the mouth nor calling people stupid cos I happen to disagree with them.

Strange stuff indeed my friend.

jhale667
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Here, let's save some time and post Brie and DG's canned responses in advance:

"Cigarettes!"

"Barry"

"Birth Certificate"

"Palin are NOT stoopid!"

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Wasn't born then, didn't live through it.

Then again, we were currently at war, no? No wait, you'll jump all over my shit cos I didn't mention it was the beginning of part II of the war riiiiight? ;)

Gee, my bad.

Thought you meant WE the USA,

Not WE as in you and your girlfriend.

Be a little more specific next time.....

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
OK, you've completely lost all cred here. You're almost as bad as Brie at this point.
Given your response (much like the last few), guess the point to be made is you are a textbook example of "weak sauce". :biggrin:

lost?

Doesn't one need to possess something before they can lose it?

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM

Posting pics of a man looking concerned (or even shocked or surprised) that his country is under attack is as weak as weak can be. How should he have looked?? Who the fuck cares?? he was surrounded by little kids. You think they needed a poker face? Seriously, hale, what was your point?

I couldn't believe you took the time to find those pics. They say nothing.

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:50 PM
lost?

there's the zinger, folks. ;)

jhale667
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Posting pics of a man looking concerned (or even shocked or surprised) that his country is under attack is as weak as weak can be. How should he have looked?? Who the fuck cares?? he was surrounded by little kids. You think they needed a poker face? Seriously, hale, what was your point?

It took 10 seconds, and trust me, there's plenty to be found. They speak volumes, despite your obvious state of denial.

Point is, he should HAVE GOTTEN OFF HIS ASS and got to business!!!! Gee, you think if he'd have done something, I dunno PRESIDENTIAL and issued an executive order they might have had even a slightly better chance at shooting down the other planes?? FFS.

Defending his inaction is pathetic. Congrats.

Guitar Shark
And you're not?

Whew!!! That's a relief. ;)

Actually, I think most people here (who haven't just arrived in the last few days) would describe me as something close to a centrist.

MAX

Gee, my bad.

Thought you meant WE the USA,

Not WE as in you and your girlfriend.

Be a little more specific next time.....

You're a bit off your game today Lounge. Didn't expect the personal shit to make such an early appearance just yet?

So and let me get this straight? I'm not included in your "WE" because? :confused:

Be a little more specific next time..... ;)

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 03:55 PM

1. "Cigarettes!"

2. "Barry"

3. "Birth Certificate"

4. "Palin are NOT stoopid!"

Close!

1. Weakness

2. Trying to fit in (actually, Nicks words, not mine...lol)

3. can't comment (I never mentioned his BC, and frankly never got what the fuss was about)

4. Palin is not a dumb whore, and should not be treated like one.

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Actually, I think most people here (who haven't just arrived in the last few days) would describe me as something close to a centrist.

Fair enough and my apologies if I offended you. :cool:

jhale667
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
lost?

Yeah, guess you got me there.

I expect this kind of bullshit from Brie, but... :(

MAX
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM

"Cigarettes!"

"Barry"

"Birth Certificate"

"Palin are NOT stoopid!"

Why can't I be included? Goodness knows I'm trying my best. :(

binnie
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Kinda fucks up Oprah's claim when OBAMA was first elected that "This country hasn't been this united since 9/11." doesn't it?

Nooooooooo... This nation isn't completely split in half is it?

Seriously and outside of commenting on Nick's impending psychological meltdown (although warranted with the Hitler and "Retard" comments, IMO) and outside of a couple of good natured ribbings amongst friends, I'm not foaming at the mouth nor calling people stupid cos I happen to disagree with them.

Strange stuff indeed my friend.

Shit, I thanked you for the wrong post.

It is weird from an outside perspective - how a thread on handnotes and cigarrettes mutates into this.....

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
It took 10 seconds, and trust me, there's plenty to be found. They speak volumes, despite your obvious state of denial.

what do they say? Try not to use deer in headlights, he's pissing himself, Oh shit, etc. because he is clearly just listening with a very concerned look on his face.

binnie
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
In case any of you were wondering:

Sarah Palin? Yep.

Michelle Obama? Yep.

Barabara Bush? Just for shits and giggles....

diamondsgirl
02-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Why can't I be included? Goodness knows I'm trying my best. :(

I'm pretty sure that means they like you. ;)

LoungeMachine

More like Switzerland with a briefcase.

BigBadBrian

"Cigarettes!"

"Barry"

"Birth Certificate"

"Palin are NOT stoopid!"

I'm sorry. I didn't realize those upset you so much.

Need a tissue?

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
More like Switzerland with a briefcase.

One of your better efforts :D

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
One of your better efforts :D

Still recovering from Fat Tuesday in Pioneer Square....

gimme a break :D

I almost said Switzerland with amicus briefs but thought most here [today] wouldn't get it. ;)

Probably figured I was commenting on your choice of underwear.....

MAX
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
In case any of you were wondering:

Barabara Bush? Just for shits and giggles....

Don't you mean Laura or have you always had a fantasy of seeing George Washington in the buff? :p

jk :D

http://photos.upi.com/story/t/b0cb89e86059f3d9b46bb83efba2afa3/Former-first-lady-suffers-perforated-ulcer.jpg

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Still recovering from Fat Tuesday in Pioneer Square....

gimme a break :D

I almost said Switzerland with amicus briefs but thought most here [today] wouldn't get it. ;)

Probably figured I was commenting on your choice of underwear.....

I think you misread my post... I thought your comment WAS one of your better efforts. You are one of the few people here that consistently crack me up.

binnie
02-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Shit, toss 'em both over here....

bueno bob
02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Wow, just wow.

This is why other civilized countries laugh at us.

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I think you misread my post... I thought your comment WAS one of your better efforts. You are one of the few people here that consistently crack me up.

No man, I got it....

Just meant it took me a few swings before I got a laugh out of you today.

Like Maxi said, I'm a little off my game still today :D

Damn Guinness last night......

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Lumping us in with "civilized" countries may be giving ourselves too much credit...

LoungeMachine
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Lumping us in with "civilized" countries may be giving ourselves too much credit...

Too much credit is why we're technically a third world nation now too, ironic aint it?

Gotta love unregulated markets, tax cuts for the rich, and funding 2 wars.

MAX
02-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Like Maxi said, I'm a little off my game still today :D

It's ok Lounge, it happens to the best of us. I still have faith in you buddy. :)

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Seeing as his popularity ratings are in the toilet now, perhaps not?

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah, umm....

Bueller?

anyone, anyone?

I actually recall TV talking head military analysts saying that Pearl Harbor was worse in many respects, as although the death toll was higher in NYC in September of 2001, an attack on one's military forces represent a much greater threat...

Who knows? But 9/11 had limited, temporary impact on the US economy...

bueno bob
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Fuck, after 9-11? Are we fucking kidding ourselves here? Pee Wee Herman could have given that speech and he would have had the same approval numbers Bush did. It's not like we weren't all there and feeling an EXTREME surge of patriotism and getting behind the President who promised to bring them to justice.

Yeah, newsflash, tragedy can skew numbers in a VERY specific direction when it comes to approval ratings for Presidents who promise to avenge us during a moment of united crisis.

Basic sociology here.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM

Good to know what Oprah thinks. Can you please tell us Kelly Ripa's and Regis Philbin's take on it? Thanks in advance. :)

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah, newsflash, tragedy can skew numbers in a VERY specific direction when it comes to approval ratings for Presidents who promise to avenge us during a moment of united crisis.

Well, at least he fulfilled that promise. I mean, we overthrew Saddam Hussein.

bueno bob
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Wait wait wait...what was Steve Wilkos' opinion?

Guitar Shark
02-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Good to know what Oprah thinks. Can you please tell us Kelly Ripa's and Regis Philbin's take on it? Thanks in advance. :)

Fuck that, I want to know what Lady Gaga thinks.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Dear God, you are certifiable. :rolleyes:

Goddamn right! The rational reaction in an insane world is insanity!

Seriously, the way you spin things is beyond dumb. Please forgive me, I neither poses a psychology degree nor am I mechanically inclined but aren't you putting words in her mouth? Or is it just your usual rhetoric of interpreting English a bit differently than the rest of us?

LOL I'm putting words in YOUR mouth? Oh, okay...

Now and because she thinks Obama lacks will power cos of (by his own admission) cannot quit smoking, she's somewhere typed (link please cos I've missed it?) that she's moving up to Idaho to join the arian nation or some other nazi group, engaged to the imperial grand dragon wizard dungeon master(or whatever the fuck they're called?) and is proud of Hitler and the holocaust?

Funny, but I never brought up the topic of racism actually...

I was talking in terms of pure leadership and ethics as reflected by personal proclivities. But perhaps we've made a breakthrough here?

bueno bob
02-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, at least he fulfilled that promise. I mean, we overthrew Saddam Hussein.

You know who those two remind me of?

"Are we still going to go after the Bandit, Daddy?"

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/blackandwhite_Buford_T_Justice_in_car.bmp

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:34 PM

You first...

But I hope you're not "fucking psychotic" (in your own words, lest we forget who started the personal shit-fest for posterity sake)...

I never said you did, but like many things, my comments flew over your head as you're obviously taking this all WAAAAYYYY TOO SERIOUSLY...

LOL You sound like the frustrated wife in American Beauty. I wish I could believe in things so simple and trivial... :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM

...]

Maybe you should take your sycophantic balls out of her purse. Incidentally, I never called DG a "Nazi," I was merely making a point about leadership and "weakness."

bueno bob
02-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Frankly, I think it's offensive and presumptuous to call smoking a "weakness" of some sort. It implies a smear on character I remember NUMEROUS instances of militant fuckhead non-smokers giving me MORE than enough of that shit. Don't like smoking? Fine. Going to make presumptions about what kind of PERSON somebody is because of it? Go fuck yourself. I don't care who you are, and more to the point, I don't care who you fucking THINK you are.

And that's all I have to say about it.

ThrillsNSpills
02-17-2010, 05:02 PM

After Bush was told about 911 in the classroom you could see a fly enter his right ear and leave his left. You can't find a blanker expression on a human being's face.

and...mix it up a little. say this

Barry doesn't clip his toenails enough. It shows a lack of hygiene.

Try saying he said some things during his campaigning speech that didn't come to pass. Do you understand that that's about his job?

Bush had the Archies on his Ipod.