1: Shockwave
2: Dirty Women
3: Rock and Roll Doctor
4: Drum Solo/Guitar Solo
5: Electric Funeral
6: Iron Man
7: Children of the Grave
8: Paranoid
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D06PUDC0)

VanHalenFan5150
02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks a lot bro, been looking for this boot forever!
:biggrin:

vaijuju
02-13-2010, 03:40 AM
Thanks Ace diamond you rock! Sounds good!

VanHalenFan5150
02-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Indeed it does. Very good audience recording right there.

A few videos of this show exist but are of crappy quality. The audio is a bit down in pitch from the real show. Also, most of the videos are incomplete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujM-RzA_eu0

ace diamond
02-16-2010, 03:44 PM
glad you enjoy it.

VanHalenFan5150
02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey Ace! Listened to your album. I've really enjoyed it!

The only thing it needs is a nice double-bass drum kit, and you're set. I like the guitar playing in the album!

ace diamond
02-20-2010, 07:05 PM

The only thing it needs is a nice double-bass drum kit, and you're set. I like the guitar playing in the album!

which one?
there are two of them in that download.
prime meridian mind fuck which has 20 songs, and
disasterpeace theatre, which has only 7 songs.
different set up's, different studios, different amps, different guitars,
different effects, different engineers, etc......

the singing and guitar playing is my doing.
glad ya like it.

VanHalenFan5150
02-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Well I really enjoyed both of them. But Prime Meridian Mind Fuck was the best! :hee:

ace diamond
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Well I really enjoyed both of them. But Prime Meridian Mind Fuck was the best! :hee:

glad ya dig it!
most folks tend to agree with you about prime meridian mind fuck being the better of the two.
me, personally, i like disasterpeace theatre better.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
glad ya dig it!
most folks tend to agree with you about prime meridian mind fuck being the better of the two.
me, personally, i like disasterpeace theatre better.

most folks? or all blind cave fish?

ace diamond
03-01-2010, 04:48 PM
most folks? or all blind cave fish?

who asked you?

Guitar Shark
03-01-2010, 04:53 PM

I know you're only 14, but c'mon.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2010, 04:55 PM
nobody asked, i offered my thought out of the kindness of my own heart.

VanHalenFan5150
03-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Hmm, I didn't mean to start a flame war here... XD

Hardrock69
03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
No flame war here. Just the usual. You're doing fine.
:D

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Tipper Gore just read this thread and she's not pleased.

what waz zat
03-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks! I always heard how VH blew Sabbath off the stage during the tour. This boot is proof. Sabbath doesn't sound bad but VH is kickin ass

ace diamond
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Tipper Gore just read this thread and she's not pleased.
i couldn't be more pleased........now to find my way onto the P.M.R.C.
"Filthy 15" list..........:gulp:
:lol:
:biggrin:
:rofl:
:lmao:

ace diamond
03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks! I always heard how VH blew Sabbath off the stage during the tour. This boot is proof. Sabbath doesn't sound bad but VH is kickin ass

exactly, exactly
:bottle:

Hardrock69
03-11-2010, 11:38 AM
It was no contest.

All I had heard before the show was ATBL on the radio. And the interview they did on KISW while my friends and I were driving up I-5 to the Seattle Center, which was a laff riot, by the way.

I was not prepared for the atomic bomb blast presented to us onstage that night.

Black Sabbath was just a wet firecracker in comparison.

Anonymous
03-11-2010, 12:47 PM

Kid, I dunno if I should recommend you an otologist or a psychiatrist.

Maybe both.

Cheers! :bottle:

VanHalenFan5150
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Kid, I dunno if I should recommend you an otologist or a psychiatrist.

Maybe both.

Cheers! :bottle:

x] :biggrin:

Hardrock69
03-22-2010, 09:06 PM
So I was going to burn this to disc. Began editing the tracks, realized that whoever encoded this has a crap sound card or a shitty computer or both. Every 10-20 seconds there is a dropout, and it is NOT from the original tape.

Am deleting this piece of shit and waiting to find a link to a FLAC version.

The mix itself is not bad, a little distant sounding, but nothing I can't turn into sonic gold. Just have to wait until I can get a lossless version so I don't have to spend two days editing out all the dropouts.

VanHalenFan5150
03-23-2010, 07:51 AM
No dropouts in MP3 encoding here, for me.

I prefer MP3 because it's more convenient and also because I like the sound I get.

ace diamond
03-24-2010, 04:22 PM
So I was going to burn this to disc. Began editing the tracks, realized that whoever encoded this has a crap sound card or a shitty computer or both. Every 10-20 seconds there is a dropout, and it is NOT from the original tape.

Am deleting this piece of shit and waiting to find a link to a FLAC version.

The mix itself is not bad, a little distant sounding, but nothing I can't turn into sonic gold. Just have to wait until I can get a lossless version so I don't have to spend two days editing out all the dropouts.

both.
old computer with a fucking piece of rocking fucking horseshit soundcard.
pm me you snail mail address and i will send you the cd's.
i'll go burn copies at my buddy's place.
he has a pretty good system.

Hardrock69
03-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Tell you what. If you have a broadband connection, just upload the wave files to megaupload or something.

I discovered what the problem was. It was not your machine. Somehow when encoding to mp3, there was some kinda format fuckup. When I tried to convert from mp3 to wave using Sound Forge, it would not even open the mp3s. So I used an old version of Sonic Foundry Batch Converter, and that is what caused all the dropouts.

So what I did was use Reaper to convert, there were no dropouts, and I just burned the VH set to disc.

DAVE IS THE MOTHERFUCKING MAN!!!!

I just got done listening to it.

If you don't want to upload the waves, it is no big thing, but I would much rather have lossless if possible. Use FLAC if you can. That will compress the files for transfer without losing any quality.

Thanks for your efforts. I saw them exactly a week after this show, and what I heard tonight is what I remember from 32 years ago.

ace diamond
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Tell you what. If you have a broadband connection, just upload the wave files to megaupload or something.

I discovered what the problem was. It was not your machine. Somehow when encoding to mp3, there was some kinda format fuckup. When I tried to convert from mp3 to wave using Sound Forge, it would not even open the mp3s. So I used an old version of Sonic Foundry Batch Converter, and that is what caused all the dropouts.

So what I did was use Reaper to convert, there were no dropouts, and I just burned the VH set to disc.

I just got done listening to it.

If you don't want to upload the waves, it is no big thing, but I would much rather have lossless if possible. Use FLAC if you can. That will compress the files for transfer without losing any quality.

Thanks for your efforts. I saw them exactly a week after this show, and what I heard tonight is what I remember from 32 years ago.

my internet connection and my phone i had shut off because i need to cut unnecessary
expenses from my monthly budget.
therefore, i am at library.
this is not something i can do from here.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
my internet connection and my phone i had shut off because i need to cut unnecessary
expenses from my monthly budget.
therefore, i am at library.
this is not something i can do from here.

shoulda stopped eating.

purpleloki
11-21-2010, 07:40 PM
ace diamond is there anyway you can you can put this back up? I have been looking for this show forever and have never found it. Thanks!

Glenn

VanHalenFan5150
11-25-2010, 11:27 AM
I'll re-up in in a few minutes

VanHalenFan5150
11-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Here you go. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQLFSSLK Enjoy.

purpleloki
11-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi VanHalenFan5150. Thanks for the link. I downloaded it and it only had the Van Halen set, not the Black Sabbath set. I have been looking for the entire so for years, do you have the complete show? Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

Glenn

VanHalenFan5150
11-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm afraid that I don't have the entire set. I only have the Van Halen set from that night... Sorry...

purpleloki
11-26-2010, 08:08 PM
No Problem man. I appreciate the awesome downloads you have made available on this board!

Glenn

VanHalenFan5150
11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks. I have a lot more bootlegs actually... Let me know if there's anything you want, I have 242 items on my trade list

Hardrock69
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Ok guys. Ask and ye shall receive. And remember. Google is your friend. ;)

Black Sabbath - Selland Arena Fresno, CA 9/22/78
Includes Artwork

Geezer Butler - Bass
Tony Iommi - Guitar
Ozzy Osbourne - Vocals
Bill Ward - Drums

CD1
1. Supertzar/Symptom Of The Universe
2. Snowblind
3. War Pigs
4. Never Say Die
5. Black Sabbath
6. Shockwave

CD2
1. Dirty Women
2. Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
3. Drum Solo
4. Guitar Solo
5. Electric Funeral
6. Iron Man
7. Children Of The Grave
8. Paranoid

http://rapidshare.com/files/243477067/BSF78RPart1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/243498415/BSF78RPart2.rar

from Sabbathlive
"Fresno ’78 is one of best live recordings from the NEVER SAY DIE tour and possibly the best audience tape from that year. In fact, the clarity of this tape is so good that many have mistaken it as a soundboard! It was recorded with a Nakamichi CM-300 by the same person who taped the Fresno ’76 show, which is also a beautifully clear recording. But it’s the ’78 show that wins the grand prize…by a nose.

There are at least two versions of this show in circulation. One is an edited version of the show that allows it to fit on a single CD. The second is the complete, uncut audience recording. ONE FOR THE NOSE is an excellent sounding bootleg, but lops off a good bit of the extended solos by Tony and Bill to fit the show neatly on one CD. The title for this boot comes from Ozzy’s introduction for “Snowblind” – “Here’s one for the nose!”

Dave's Bitch
12-08-2010, 04:25 AM

Kinda feel bad for sabbath having to follow that

Dave's Bitch
12-08-2010, 06:54 AM
on second thought no i dont, As that was the Never Say Die tour and that album was just all over the place.

Hardrock69
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I was thrilled to Black Sabbath. But VH was so new and hot at the time. It was like looking at the sun and then staring at a dim light bulb afterwards.