PDA

View Full Version : Never trust the "right wing"

FORD
02-13-2010, 03:16 PM
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="300" height="280" id="kickWidget_102340_216105" ><param name="movie" value="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="affiliateSiteId=102340&amp;widgetId=216105&amp;width=300&amp;h eight=280&amp;mediaType_mediaID=video_918641&amp;autoPlay= 1" ></param><param name="wmode" value="window" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" ></param><embed src="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction" name="kickWidget_102340_216105" width="300" height="280" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" FlashVars="affiliateSiteId=102340&amp;widgetId=216105&amp;width=300&amp;h eight=280&amp;mediaType_mediaID=video_918641&amp;autoPlay= 1"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
02-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Every day from here on out is a GIFT for that guy.....

:gulp:

Anonymous
02-13-2010, 03:38 PM
I like how the guy opens the plane, and then just sits back with his arm out the side... just "chilling", as it were...

I like it because it's exactly what I'd do IF I'd ever be able to land that plane.

And then I wouldn't move for 15 minutes, staring into nothing.

Cheers! :bottle:

thome
02-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I watched this with the sound off, and said bail out man, bail out, he will bail out...maybe the wing hit his head....????

Then to see the end was absolutely incredible.

sadaist
02-13-2010, 05:41 PM
After the first ten seconds, I expected Panama to start up & see Dave floating across my screen.

Anyways, I think this is a clear case of sabotage by the left wing.

kwame k
02-13-2010, 05:47 PM
That's nothing, you should see the old lady parallel park :duh:

Watching that plane spin out of control.......never thought he'd make it!

Lucky bastard :beers8:

Nickdfresh
02-13-2010, 07:15 PM
That guy's got fucking mad skillz as a pilot....

LoungeMachine
02-13-2010, 07:29 PM

And a full load in his pants......

I would have gotten out and headed for the nearest bar....

chefcraig
02-13-2010, 07:38 PM

You mean mad editing skillz. The clip has been circulating for a few years now, and was proven to be a fake at SNOPES (http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/onewing.asp).

Blackflag
02-13-2010, 09:52 PM
And a full load in his pants......

I would have gotten out and headed for the nearest bar....

That looks like a photoshop, and I think you guys have been had...AGAIN. :fucku2:

Incidentally, a friend of mine used to be a test pilot in the air force, and he tells stories about how they all had crazy nerves of steel, and there were never any pant loads. They would just calmly say things like, "tower, I seem to have a fire in the engine, so I'm going to need emergency help on the ground." He said on his last flight, there was smoke in the cockpit, so it was another day he had to tell them he was "checking out" (ejecting).

thome
02-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Well then it is good vid work ..lol

The landing did look kinda hokie now that I think, prank.

Those stunt planes are so light and over powered it looked plausible.:biggrin:

FORD
02-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, it looks more real than most Hollywood CGI movie scenes. Hell, it fooled me. :biggrin:

Dr. Love
02-13-2010, 11:47 PM
looked clearly fake

standin
02-14-2010, 12:24 AM
yea, it looked clearly faked. ANY knowledge of the physics of flying and you start looking for the tel tel signs. OK editing. it looked like a working model plane to me a few times.

Dan
02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
It Was Still Fucking Sweet,Watching It.:D

VAiN
02-14-2010, 08:29 AM
You mean mad editing skillz..

That's exactly what I thought too... the 'landing' is so obviously fake.. now he's sideways - now he just plops it down without a hop, no less...

thome
02-14-2010, 11:48 AM
yea, it looked clearly faked. ANY knowledge of the physics of flying and you start looking for the tel tel signs. OK editing. it looked like a working model plane to me a few times.

It is the Physics that makes it plausible .

The power of the engine and the carbon fiber contruction (w/o the engine the plane probably only weighs 500lbs.) working together to achieve lift over the remaining wing and don't forget the fuselage also creats lift.

The weight of the remaining wing at time of touchdown pulling the plane to land on both wheels...?

I mean you want the guy to win right..?

standin
02-14-2010, 02:52 PM
It is the Physics that makes it plausible .

The power of the engine and the carbon fiber contruction (w/o the engine the plane probably only weighs 500lbs.) working together to achieve lift over the remaining wing and don't forget the fuselage also creats lift.

The weight of the remaining wing at time of touchdown pulling the plane to land on both wheels...?

I mean you want the guy to win right..?

:duh:
I am not going to take the time to draw pictures of how lift works.
The guy didn't win. There was no guy to win. It is as fake as a hot air balloon "popping" and the pilot flapping his arms to safely land the basket.

Might as well have an pink polk-a-dotted Pegasus descend clamp down on the fuselage with its hooves that happen to have super magnetic shoes. That would work just as well, there is some truthful physics to the Pegasus concept. Magnets are attracted to metal.

Even the most incredible engineering designs that are beyond human reasoning at this point of time, require at least 2 wings, the fly and the bee.

Any aerospace engineer would look at anyone asking to explain that clip with a "WTF?" look and decide, if you think that can fly, flying is above your head, then change the subject so as to save themself from a painfully dull conversation.

As for fantasy wins I rooted for Luke.

thome
02-14-2010, 03:29 PM
:duh:
I am not going to take the time to draw pictures of how lift works.
The guy didn't win. There was no guy to win. It is as fake as a hot air balloon "popping" and the pilot flapping his arms to safely land the basket.

Might as well have an pink polk-a-dotted Pegasus descend clamp down on the fuselage with its hooves that happen to have super magnetic shoes. That would work just as well, there is some truthful physics to the Pegasus concept. Magnets are attracted to metal.

Even the most incredible engineering designs that are beyond human reasoning at this point of time, require at least 2 wings, the fly and the bee.

Any aerospace engineer would look at anyone asking to explain that clip with a "WTF?" look and decide, if you think that can fly, flying is above your head, then change the subject so as to save themself from a painfully dull conversation.

As for fantasy wins I rooted for Luke.

And you still cannot grasp the concept that, it is a mans world, baby.

Men make sh!t happen just like this every day. We invented the wing and by crikie if we were asked to land a airplane with one wing lost while in flight, it would look exactly like the above vid.

Phisics or no physics!

ThrillsNSpills
02-14-2010, 04:14 PM
ViralMarketing THE BEST AIR RACE PILOT EVER – facts about a viral fake!!! (http://www.viralmarketing.de/2008/12/23/the-best-air-race-pilot-ever-facts-about-a-viral-fake/)

well it's a great lesson on viral marketing, and apparently it was effective and seemed to be designed for folks to embed. They excelled in stirring emotion apparently.

thome
02-14-2010, 04:44 PM
ViralMarketing THE BEST AIR RACE PILOT EVER – facts about a viral fake!!! (http://www.viralmarketing.de/2008/12/23/the-best-air-race-pilot-ever-facts-about-a-viral-fake/)

well it's a great lesson on viral marketing, and apparently it was effective and seemed to be designed for folks to embed. They excelled in stirring emotion apparently.

You wouldn't say that if Chuck Norris hoped out of that airplane!!!!

Why........ I.............. Oughta!!

standin
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
They excel in trolling? No wonder Thome is lusting.
:biggrin:

thome
02-14-2010, 05:53 PM
They excel in trolling? No wonder Thome is lusting.
:biggrin:

Did I leave my WebCam on again..?

Nitro Express
02-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Good thing his plane had a high power to wieght ration or he would have been toast. Nice recovery flying and landing. The best stunt flying for that day.

Seshmeister
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
It's amazing how many people don't read threads...

Seshmeister
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM

That's a bit of an old urban myth.

We do know how the fly and the bee are able to fly and they do of course follow the laws of aerodynamics.

Recently scientists have even gone into extreme detail on it.

Scientists Finally Figure Out How Bees Fly | LiveScience (http://www.livescience.com/animals/060110_bee_fight.html)

Anonymous
02-14-2010, 10:11 PM

It is, isn't it? :lol:

Cheers! :bottle:

standin
02-14-2010, 11:19 PM
That's a bit of an old urban myth.

We do know how the fly and the bee are able to fly and they do of course follow the laws of aerodynamics.

Recently scientists have even gone into extreme detail on it.

Scientists Finally Figure Out How Bees Fly | LiveScience (http://www.livescience.com/animals/060110_bee_fight.html)

Cool! That is totally fascinating! I would love to see that footage and the paper.
Of course they follow aerodynamics, it just had not been revealed to us until recently. I am so very excited to hear we have mimicked their flight! That is a huge useful discovery!You would have thought that would have been front page news, like going to the moon.
:sigh:

thome
02-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Cool! That is totally fascinating! I would love to see that footage and the paper.
Of course they follow aerodynamics, it just had not been revealed to us until recently. I am so very excited to hear we have mimicked their flight! That is a huge useful discovery!You would have thought that would have been front page news, like going to the moon. :sigh:

That is exactly what I said to my X, when she asked me how she looked in her new pants.

Dan
02-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Did I leave my WebCam on again..?

Yes You Did.:D

BTW...Put Some Clothes On,You Might Catch A Cold.:hitch::hee:

Nitro Express
02-15-2010, 12:43 AM

I was joking. There's an old joke with pilots. You put enough thrust on it you can make a brick fly.