PDA

View Full Version : Small Business to ObaMARX; You are CLUELESS!

Sgt Schultz
02-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Barry ObaMARX;
"Most small businesses right now, if they've got enough customers to make a profit and they can get the bank loans required to boost their payroll, boost their inventory and sell to those customers, they will do so." :confused13:
http://grdurand.com/blogger/uploaded_images/obamarx.jpg

Clueless in the Capital Meets Small-Business Ire (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aMvYEYtmJGGo#): Caroline Baum Share

Commentary by Caroline Baum

Feb. 11 (Bloomberg) -- “Washington doesn’t get it.”

That generic statement is tripping off the tongues of populists and Tea Partiers, business groups and bankers alike. In short, the public is peeved at the politicians.

I heard it this week from William Dunkelberg, chief economist of the National Federation of Independent Business, who used his group’s latest survey to opine on Washington’s deaf ear for helping small business.

The president and Congress “pay lip service to the fact that small business generates half of private-sector GDP and employs 60 percent or more of private-sector workers,” Dunkelberg says. As far as Washington’s efforts to help this sector of the economy, “instead of stimulus, give consumers a tax cut,” he says.

President Barack Obama has proposed using $30 billion of repaid government bailout funds to help community banks lend to small business, part of a “jobs bill” working its way through Congress.

Each month the NFIB tallies small-business optimism, or pessimism, which has been the dominant emotion of late. At 89.3 in January, the index is up 8.3 points from its March low, yet it’s languished under 90 for a record seven quarters. The only other time the index plumbed those depths, and for one quarter only, was during the 1980-1982 back-to-back recessions.

The news from the nation’s growth engine is getting less bad, but it’s still far from good. Why is small business so glum?

Cutting Econ 101

The Right points to uncertainty over looming tax increases (aren’t death and taxes life’s two certainties?) and health-care mandates. The Left says the problem is banks aren’t lending.

The truth is a bit of both and something more basic. Small- business owners list “poor sales” as the numero uno problem. And the jobs tax credit for hiring new workers, proposed by President Obama and embraced by Congress, won’t do much to help. Employers aren’t about to pay a new worker $40,000 to earn a $5,000 credit unless that worker generates $35,000 of revenue, Dunkelberg explains. That’s Econ 101 (see “marginal revenue product” or “profit maximization”), a course most of our elected representatives seem to have missed.

The tax credit for hiring “has absolutely no impact on our decision-making,” says Phil Kenny, president of Trucks Unique, an Albuquerque, New Mexico, company that customizes pick-up trucks for commercial and individual purposes. “We have no tax liability to take a credit against.”

Listening Tour

And that’s not all. A tax credit “is not going to make me hire when we don’t have work,” says Jim Henderson, president of Dynamic Sales Co., a 44-year-old construction and industrial supply company in St. Louis with seven employees. “I plan to sell my way out of recession, not wait for Washington to help me out.”

If Washington wants to fix a problem -- and it’s far from clear it has that ability -- the place to start is with proper analysis and diagnosis.

Pat Felder, who co-owns Felder’s Collision Parts Inc. in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, went to the White House in October, along with members of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

“Obama came in, talked at us, shook a few hands and left,” Felder says. “I was foolish enough to think small-business owners would have some sort of dialogue.”

Hope Minus Audacity

She told me yesterday what she would have told him.

“You can’t give with one hand and take away with the other,” she says, referring to tax credits on the one hand and tax increases for those earning more than $200,000 a year on the other.

Small-business owners aren’t going to expand when they may need the money to pay taxes next year. Maybe that’s why expectations for business conditions six months out slipped again last month, according to the NFIB.

There is hope. The 500 survey responses (out of the total 2,100) Dunkelberg received after the Jan. 21 Massachusetts special election were more upbeat. Perhaps Scott Brown, the Republican candidate who pulled the people’s seat out from under Ted Kennedy’s Democrats, gave small business “some hope for less change,” Dunkelberg says, citing a myriad of presidential initiatives.

What would small business like the federal government to do?

Channeling Galt

“Stay out of our way,” says Sherry Pymer, vice president of Pymer Plastering Inc., a 124-year-old family owned business in Columbus, Ohio. She sounded more like an Ayn Rand hero than a woman dealing with a payroll, unemployment insurance and Ohio’s commercial activity tax. “We don’t want them bailing out banks and big business. We want them to go away with their mandating and meddling and return this country to the principles it was founded on over 200 years ago.”

We’re a long way from the Founding Fathers, that’s for sure. The handful of small-business owners I talked to across the country are about as close to the entrepreneurial spirit as it gets. They all had one implied piece of advice for Washington: Less is more. Specifically, you do less -- and get your fiscal house in order -- and we’ll do more, Henderson says.

And as for the closing of the federal government this past week due to weather, these small-business owners had one wish: more snow.

To contact the writer of this column: Caroline Baum in New York at cabaum@bloomberg.net.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x259/sgtschultz_2007/bushs_fault.gif

Seshmeister
02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
We’re a long way from the Founding Fathers, that’s for sure. The handful of small-business owners I talked to across the country are about as close to the entrepreneurial spirit as it gets.

Absolutely.

Make slavery legal again and I could definitely make more money investing in the US.

BigBadBrian
02-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Sgt Schultz....STOP!!!

You crack me up!!!

How dare you post a thread asking liberals to understand ECONOMICS!

:lmao:

WACF
02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Really...it would be no different than telling everyone to go out and borrow against their equity and buy TV's and cars to stimulate the economy.

Nice idea but stupid...

lesfunk
02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Absolutely.

Make slavery legal again and I could definitely make more money investing in the US.

You must admit, Slavery gets things accomplished!

Seshmeister
02-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Ah you are just a couple of months late for that gag. :)

Pyramids 'not built by slaves' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/6962860/Pyramids-not-built-by-slaves.html)

lesfunk
02-16-2010, 05:56 PM
oooops

Nickdfresh
02-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Sgt Schultz....STOP!!!

You crack me up!!!

How dare you post a thread asking liberals to understand ECONOMICS!

Well, no one is more qualified to post in a thread about not understanding economics (among other things) than you. :)

hambon4lif
02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Gotta tell ya'....it's quite a fierce uppercut to the chin of the hardcore liberal slant of this board when not a damn one of 'em can refute ANY of the points made in Schultzys initial post, and have to resort to the "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I" defense toward anyone who responds to it.
Damn!....that's just 'weak sauce'!

knuckleboner
02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
wait, so let me get this straight...the conservative mantra apparently is that tax incentives do NOT work?!

cause, if that's not hypocritical, then i've got a supply-side curve to sell you...

jhale667
02-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Ah you are just a couple of months late for that gag. :)

Pyramids 'not built by slaves' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/6962860/Pyramids-not-built-by-slaves.html)

Oh, just substitute "The American South" and there ya have it. ;)

Nitro Express
02-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Absolutely.

It is legal. You buy products made by slaves in the UK as do we in the US. Regardless of the brand name slapped on it, chances are high it was made at slave shop factory #5 in some human rights hell hole.

Nitro Express
02-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Really...it would be no different than telling everyone to go out and borrow against their equity and buy TV's and cars to stimulate the economy.

Nice idea but stupid...

That's what got us in this mess to begin with. People were enticed to borrow more than they should have, it ballooned an unsustainable economy and it the balloon popped. Now the politicians and bankers are trying to make us feel they have it all under control which they don't. The bailout is buying some time. If China cuts the loans off, the Federal Reserve will have to make up for it buy running the printing presses full steam ahead so to speak which they are. But then everyone else is too. Every other central bank is a basket case as well. Look at the Euro and the panic over Greece. The only solvent country in the EU is Germany and Japan is in the same boat we are. They bailed their banks out 20 years ago and never recovered. So the Yen, Euro, and Dollar are three of the same.

Nitro Express
02-17-2010, 01:35 AM
The DOW with hold steady at 10,000 and gold will hold steady at $1000. If gold jumps and the DOW sinks something catastrophic has happened. Why the stock market rallies when jobs are being lost in huge numbers is because all that printed out of money has to go somewhere. So it's rigged and gold is at $1,000 and ounce because people are scared. If gold hit $3000 an ounce it will be radioactive because we probably will have World War III going. LOL!

Seshmeister
02-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Gotta tell ya'....it's quite a fierce uppercut to the chin of the hardcore liberal slant of this board when not a damn one of 'em can refute ANY of the points made in Schultzys initial post, and have to resort to the "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I" defense toward anyone who responds to it.

I'm not going to speak for the liberals but to me it didn't make a lot of sense.

A few anecdotes of people saying that $5k won't help them because their companies are really fucked doesn't mean much. Does that mean he should give the companies in most difficulty the full $40k? Would that not count as giving away too much money and risk propping up failing businesses that will fail anyway?

It depends where your margin is. If by taking on staff at the moment I would only break even why bother, but if this new scheme gives me $5k per head profit instead then it works.

knuckleboner
02-17-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm not going to speak for the liberals but to me it didn't make a lot of sense.

A few anecdotes of people saying that $5k won't help them because their companies are really fucked doesn't mean much. Does that mean he should give the companies in most difficulty the full $40k? Would that not count as giving away too much money and risk propping up failing businesses that will fail anyway?

It depends where your margin is. If by taking on staff at the moment I would only break even why bother, but if this new scheme gives me $5k per head profit instead then it works.

actually,to me it made a lot of sense. it was just pointless.

it seemed to say that the tax incentive was not enough to completely entice an employer who was never even considering hiring another worker without it.

well, duh. again, that's the nature of tax incentives. they're not supposed to do 100% of the work. they're supposed to convince the employer who thinks they probably do need another 3 workers but is scared that the economy might backslide, so he holds off for now. but with the tax incentive, he knows it won't cost quite so much so he takes a chance.

anyone who argues that this kind of tax incentive is the only thing necessary to create jobs, regardless of the market conditions (which obama has never done) is either a fool, or trying to talk to fools...

ZahZoo
02-17-2010, 08:28 AM

Few would be bold enough to acknowledge it's just been flavored water all along...

ELVIS
02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Bank loans to boost payroll ??

standin
02-17-2010, 10:57 AM
I might be outing Mr. Lee. Umm.. If it is wrong he should have told me it was and it was a big wrong that the bankers had to know.

He regularly used a million dollar credit line for payroll.

I don't see what the big deal is. If the numbers are coming and it is a solid production not just a speculation what's the issue?

BigBadBrian
02-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Well, no one is more qualified to post in a thread about not understanding economics (among other things) than you. :)

So says "Mr. Lets-Raise-Taxes" to stimulate the economy!

Nitro Express
02-17-2010, 12:51 PM
There is a time and place for business loans. Sometimes on a big project (I come from a construction family) you have to get a loan to buy materials and pay your workers. Then hopefully, you will have enough left after the bid to pay back the loan and have some profit to show. It's a battle just to make money and do it legally. You would be amazed at what goes on in the construction world. Anyways, after you've paid your employees you have to match all the government taxes on them like F.I.C.A. and you have to pay all the taxes on your business. After that hopefully it's all worthwhile. The biggest expense for any small business is taxes. It is in mine and then insurance comes second. Anytime my taxes increase, I have to up my prices to the customer.

So you can't tax your way into prosperity and this is what the politicians in Washington don't get. Taxes only redistribute the wealth, they don't create it and to collect them you have to take them from somewhere and in the process, prices go up and it drags on the economy down the road.

Nitro Express
02-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Washington is playing a grand shell game. They aren't fixing shit.

WACF
02-17-2010, 02:03 PM
I might be outing Mr. Lee. Umm.. If it is wrong he should have told me it was and it was a big wrong that the bankers had to know.

He regularly used a million dollar credit line for payroll.

I don't see what the big deal is. If the numbers are coming and it is a solid production not just a speculation what's the issue?

The last year or so what was once considered solid has proven anything but.

Especially when dealing in commodities...it's affect can be far reaching from the guys working at the source of production to the guy railing it or loading it on ships then to workers at storage facilities.

Sgt Schultz
02-17-2010, 03:01 PM

A few anecdotes of people saying that $5k won't help them because their companies are really fucked doesn't mean much. Does that mean he should give the companies in most difficulty the full $40k? Would that not count as giving away too much money and risk propping up failing businesses that will fail anyway?.

It doesn't make sense for people who aren't familiar with running a small business. Obamarx and most dems don't really understand how business and the real economic world works. The quote from Obamarx is absolutely stunning, considering the amount of "education" he has and the position of power he now holds. Someone with so little knowledge about small business making policy that may greatly affect it is scary to say the least.

It matters not if your company is "fucked up". Most small businesses aren't worried about getting loans and tiny targeted tax credits for a business that behaves a certain way that will only help the person who proposes it is a joke. This is Obamarx trying to score political points by appearing to want to help small business and going after the dreaded evil banker.

There is such a lack of basic understanding on how small business operates that it is difficult to know where to start. Obama and dems look at companies for the most part in one way – as a means to employ people and provide tax revenue. I suppose the fact that since this is how Government employers operate and how government employees see their employer it isn't that surprising.

It may be surprising but I'm not going to hire someone for the sole reason of providing that person with a job. I hire someone because I need work to be done.

Businesses are not going to hire people because the Govt. is going to give them a 5K tax credit for doing it.

I think I can probably speak for a lot of small business by saying that right now we are just trying to survive. I would never seek out a loan to make payroll unless we had just encountered, or were about to encounter a large, one-time, rare, financial setback. There's no way we want to expand because we have little way of knowing what the business climate will be for the next 12-24 months. It isn’t always that way but now- it is. Plus, we are afraid of pending punitive taxes. And getting a loan to increase inventory..?? No. We have been reducing inventory and are keeping it as small as possible.

If the Govt. really wanted unemployment to drop, tax revenue to increase and businesses to thrive they would only need to do a few simple things. Cut taxes (income and borporate), reduce regulation, cut Govt. spending and work on reducing the national debt. Simple, but, alas, impossible for Leftist Commie-Libs.

standin
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
There is a time and place for business loans. Sometimes on a big project (I come from a construction family) you have to get a loan to buy materials and pay your workers. Then hopefully, you will have enough left after the bid to pay back the loan and have some profit to show. It's a battle just to make money and do it legally. You would be amazed at what goes on in the construction world. Anyways, after you've paid your employees you have to match all the government taxes on them like F.I.C.A. and you have to pay all the taxes on your business. After that hopefully it's all worthwhile. The biggest expense for any small business is taxes. It is in mine and then insurance comes second. Anytime my taxes increase, I have to up my prices to the customer.

So you can't tax your way into prosperity and this is what the politicians in Washington don't get. Taxes only redistribute the wealth, they don't create it and to collect them you have to take them from somewhere and in the process, prices go up and it drags on the economy down the road.

a 1 million dollar payroll isn't that big of a project either, only at least 13 or so people. And if that project is a year or longer. Whamo. That is an $65,incentive. This is not the flip and trip incentives. once a company lands a real project it subs out to be micromanaged all the way to the little redheaded girl QCing Charlie brown's work.. If you can't keep your personal budget under 200,000 per household heads, you are not a small business any more.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:51 PM
So says "Mr. Lets-Raise-Taxes" to stimulate the economy!

Who, me? Please let me know where I've ever advocated "lets-raise-taxes to stimulate the economy?"

Perhaps let's-roll-back-the-bullshit-Bush-tax-cuts-to-pay-down-the-deficit-and-not-underfund-gov'ts...

Seshmeister
02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
It doesn't make sense for people who aren't familiar with running a small business.

I've run a small business for over 10 years now but not in the US.

It's difficult for the commie liberals to reduce taxes when the nazi republicans have pissed all your money away on illegal wars to give their pals backhanders.

Nickdfresh
02-17-2010, 04:54 PM
It doesn't make sense for people who aren't familiar with running a small business. Obamarx and most dems don't really understand how business and the real economic world works....

Yeah! Give us a true "man of the people" like Bush! He really knew how to make small (and big) businesses fail despite being a Yale "legacy" and having loads of dough and connections from the family biz and political cottage industry...

jhale667
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah! Give us a true "man of the people" like Bush! He really knew how to make small (and big) businesses fail despite being a Yale "legacy" and having loads of dough and connections from the family biz and political cottage industry...

No shit - these asshats worship a dude that ran every business (and country) he touched into the fucking ground...but yeah, Obama's the clueless one, that's the ticket! :umm:

One wonders if the more sane conservatives around here (the few, the ONCE proud) don't post now out of fucking embarrassment from reading the posts of Brie, Fuckstump, Sgt. Shitz, DG et al....

DEMON CUNT
02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Funny thing is if this tax incentive program was created by the previous administration SgtSchlutz would be licking Bush's balls clean with a deep reverence. Never mind the fact that Schlutz voted for Bush and the policies that opened this financial sink hole that we are now in. "Mission Accomplished!" They start the fire then mock those trying to put it out.

kwame k
02-17-2010, 08:46 PM
They act like taxes have been raised when in fact 95% of Americans are getting a tax break.....tax reducing fucking liberals.

The recovery act has been working...the thing that the Rush heads fail to realize is, they had to stop the bleeding first and now work up from there.

Sorry I forgot, we're not allowed to mention how we got in this mess and who has to actually clean it up.

BigBadBrian
02-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah! Give us a true "man of the people" like Bush!

You guys are too funny! :biggrin:

When we brought up Clinton, you kept whining for us to stay on track about Bush's Administration and policies.

NOW....how about you guys stay on track on how well your boy Obama is doing....and how his wonderful stimulus saved us from another depression and double digit inflation?

Terry
02-18-2010, 08:53 AM
You guys are too funny! :biggrin:

When we brought up Clinton, you kept whining for us to stay on track about Bush's Administration and policies.

NOW....how about you guys stay on track on how well your boy Obama is doing....and how his wonderful stimulus saved us from another depression and double digit inflation?

The sad part about it is how the gameplan of the GOP seemingly is to sit back and hope the economy doesn't improve, thus possibly increasing their chances for winning congressional seats and perhaps the White House.

The problem with that scenario is that it is the country that suffers in the meantime.

Part of the reason we're in this mess involved letting elements of the private sector run riot/do as they pleased. Greed trumped patriotism for many decades, as industrial jobs left the country and fattened up the corporate bottom line. Greed trumped community. NEITHER party addressed this in a substantive or meaningful way, instead relegating the concern over this to a few sound bytes during campaign season.

The Democratic Party was no better in the handling of the war or much of what happened during the GW years. They did pretty much the same thing - sat back and let everything go to shit to the point where enough people were so disenchanted that they turned to the Dems more out of a reflex combined with a lack of other viable, electable political options than anything else.

So now partisans quibble over microeconomic proposals that will have, at best, a miniscule effect considering the massive structural problems this nation faces...I mean, fuck, I'd gladly vote Republican if I had even a remote hope that the leaders of the party really intended to adddress any of the challenges America faces, but too many politicians from both parties just want the prize of the perks of the office. They barely even pay lip service to what they intend to do should they get elected.

Fuck it.

BigBadBrian
02-18-2010, 12:23 PM
The sad part about it is how the gameplan of the GOP seemingly is to sit back and hope the economy doesn't improve, thus possibly increasing their chances for winning congressional seats and perhaps the White House.

The problem with that scenario is that it is the country that suffers in the meantime.

Part of the reason we're in this mess involved letting elements of the private sector run riot/do as they pleased. Greed trumped patriotism for many decades, as industrial jobs left the country and fattened up the corporate bottom line. Greed trumped community. NEITHER party addressed this in a substantive or meaningful way, instead relegating the concern over this to a few sound bytes during campaign season.

The Democratic Party was no better in the handling of the war or much of what happened during the GW years. They did pretty much the same thing - sat back and let everything go to shit to the point where enough people were so disenchanted that they turned to the Dems more out of a reflex combined with a lack of other viable, electable political options than anything else.

So now partisans quibble over microeconomic proposals that will have, at best, a miniscule effect considering the massive structural problems this nation faces...I mean, fuck, I'd gladly vote Republican if I had even a remote hope that the leaders of the party really intended to adddress any of the challenges America faces, but too many politicians from both parties just want the prize of the perks of the office. They barely even pay lip service to what they intend to do should they get elected.

Fuck it.

Well said, for the most part. I think if people on this board were honest most here on this board would agree.

I don't think, however, Republicans want America to fail now. I don't believe Democrats, for the most part, wanted America to fail under Bush.

I do think, though, that each side of the aisle wants America to succeed with them being able to say their policies were the reason.

A viable Centrist Party, one who can take both moderate Democrats and Republicans voters, is what is needed to break the political stalemate.

Terry
02-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Well said, for the most part. I think if people on this board were honest most here on this board would agree.

I don't think, however, Republicans want America to fail now. I don't believe Democrats, for the most part, wanted America to fail under Bush.

I do think, though, that each side of the aisle wants America to succeed with them being able to say their policies were the reason.

A viable Centrist Party, one who can take both moderate Democrats and Republicans voters, is what is needed to break the political stalemate.

While I'd guess better than half their spoken rhetoric is toosed out there for entertainment purposes to keep ratings up, when you get these characters like Limbaugh and Beck essentially saying they want Obama to fail, and their schtick is used as points for right-wing fringe groups to rally around, it really doesn't help the cause of conservatism to have these vocal minorities hijacking the mass perceptions of what the party stands for.

Not to say there aren't plenty of rabid left-wing loonies who blame virtually all the problems we now face on GW, either. On the contrary, there are plenty. The idea that one end of the spectrum has ideas more viable, or is more patriotic, than the other isn't useful. Neither is the situation where one party holding a majority of congressional seats in combination with the executive branch is needed in order to enact an agenda.

FORD
02-19-2010, 02:52 AM
I can't remember hearing a viable idea from a Republican since Nixon.

Yeah, he was BCE at his core his entire political career. He was an angry paranoid drunk who bombed Cambodia, kept the Vietnam war going, and then committed the Watergate crimes. But somewhere in the middle of all that, he did give us the EPA, Earth Day, and at least attempted to make some slight move forward in health care (though admittedly he never even considered a single payer approach).

By today's standards, Dick doesn't seem that bad.

LoungeMachine
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM

The Supreme Court just made that IMPOSSIBLE

:gulp:

Thank You Republican Presidents!!!!!!!

Nitro Express
02-19-2010, 04:12 AM
No shit - these asshats worship a dude that ran every business (and country) he touched into the fucking ground...but yeah, Obama's the clueless one, that's the ticket! :umm:

One wonders if the more sane conservatives around here (the few, the ONCE proud) don't post now out of fucking embarrassment from reading the posts of Brie, Fuckstump, Sgt. Shitz, DG et al....

I call Obama "Black Bush" They are one of the same. I just hope to hell Barry doesn't get a second term.

Nitro Express
02-19-2010, 04:15 AM

Yeah, he was BCE at his core his entire political career. He was an angry paranoid drunk who bombed Cambodia, kept the Vietnam war going, and then committed the Watergate crimes. But somewhere in the middle of all that, he did give us the EPA, Earth Day, and at least attempted to make some slight move forward in health care (though admittedly he never even considered a single payer approach).

Clinton, Bush, and Obama make Nixon look like a saint.

Terry
02-19-2010, 10:05 AM

Considering who held the office after him, no, Nixon in some respects is no worse than his successors.

In comparison to a few of them, Nixon was more wide-ranging and serious-mided in his thinking about the use of the US as a dominant international force. Clinton and Carter tended to dither and shy away from this area.

Few of the post-Nixon presidencies had to deal with the scope of simultaneous assaults the Nixon Administration did on both the domestic and foreign fronts.

Sgt Schultz
02-21-2010, 11:17 AM
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/obama-officials.jpg

Nickdfresh
02-21-2010, 07:30 PM

Don't forget (ironically enough) The Privacy Act of 1974...

Nickdfresh
02-21-2010, 07:35 PM
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/obama-officials.jpg

Maybe you can trot out more meaningless, stilted graphs of bullshit such as the one showing us how much more coverage Verizon has over AT&T?

http://danielromanow.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/verizon_att_map.jpg

http://media.nj.com/business_impact/photo/att-luke-wilson-adjpg-388a9a18f5bea8eb_large.jpg

But then I'm sure Obama offers faster download speeds!

kwame k
02-21-2010, 07:53 PM
WTF is that graph supposed to mean anyways? Obama has appointed more people with public sector experience than private sector experience?

Talk about a misleading and totally inaccurate graph......Rumsfeld and Cheney never worked in the public sector prior to working with Dubya? Jesus, damn near everyone in Bush's cabinet was a Washington insider at one point or another......

You really want to believe so badly that all the problems in the world and everyone Obama has appointed is evil and wrong, that you're willing to rewrite history to fit your false, dumb-ass agenda.

DEMON CUNT
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Schlutz, why do you hate America?

LoungeMachine
02-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Nice to see DC back in the house again....

Watch out Dummy Cons :D

Unchainme
02-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Nice to see DC back in the house again....

Watch out Dummy Cons :D

Is he going to go after BigBlandBrian?

FORD
02-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Let's also not forget that Chimpy and Darth had lots of "experience" in the private sector..... and both of them FAILED in every job they had. (Private or public)

Also, when you hire someone from the "private sector" and give them a cabinet position that is supposed to regulate the very industry they came from, that is NOT a good thing (i.e the FDA being run by pharmaceutical lobbyists)

GAR
02-22-2010, 05:22 AM

What the GOP should be doing is educating the public on what's going on behind the smokescreen, because although up till now they have been excluded in the Marxist reforms, they could at least warn us about the coming money grab.

So fuck em. I've voted Dem and Repub, whoever's the better choice, and now the choices are pretty much anyone who wasn't Democrat or an Incumbent Republican at the time of these bailouts.

Sgt Schultz
02-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe you can trot out more meaningless, stilted graphs of bullshit such as the one showing us how much more coverage Verizon has over AT&T?

http://danielromanow.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/verizon_att_map.jpg

http://media.nj.com/business_impact/photo/att-luke-wilson-adjpg-388a9a18f5bea8eb_large.jpg

But then I'm sure Obama offers faster download speeds!

Thanks for your response Nick - I didn't know you were a small business owner / president. So you think Obama and his administration have sound policies regarding small business?

Nickdfresh
02-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your response Nick - I didn't know you were a small business owner / president. So you think Obama and his administration have sound policies regarding small business?

I didn't know you were either. Do you think Obama and his administration have unsound policies? And how do said unsound policies compare with the previous administrations?