PDA

View Full Version : endangered? c'mon

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Controversial Ga. billboards link abortion, race - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100214/ap_on_re_us/us_abortion_race_card)

these people could spend energy and money on such more important issues in this day and age.

Kristy
02-23-2010, 03:56 PM
"It's ingenious," said the Rev. Johnny Hunter, national director of the Life Education and Resource Network, a North Carolina-based anti-abortion group aimed at African-Americans that operates in 27 states. "This campaign is in your face, and nobody can ignore it."

Oh you mean how Hunter and his exploitation agenda flat out ignore the social-economic issues in the poorest parts of Atlanta on why black women are seeking abortion(s) in the first place? Yeah ingenious, indeed.

FORD
02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Funny how the Georgia right wing seems to forget the words of Bill "the gambler" Bennett....

“But I do know that it’s true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. ” :meinsmiley:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Funny how the Georgia right wing seems to forget the words of Bill "the gambler" Bennett....

“But I do know that it’s true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. ” :meinsmiley:

wow, that's fucked up. true, but fucked up. you can genocide any "species"/skin color and crime would drop, due to smaller population tho.

Nickdfresh
02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
It's nice that the anti-abortionist crowd is starting to address the fact that they seem to care more for white "babies" than they have the inner-city black ones. It would be nice however if they developed some outreaches to actually address the root causes and cyclical-poverty resulting is said abortions.

I also noticed that white people don't tend to adopt many black children....

Guitar Shark
02-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I also noticed that white people don't tend to adopt many black children....

True, but this is often due to social workers' desire to place black children with black families, and/or the relative scarcity of black families willing to adopt.

I am sure there is some truth to your point, but blaming it all on whitey isn't realistic IMO.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2010, 05:34 PM
this broad shoulda been aborted, fuckin' bitch. even tho they weren't hers, only 2yrs?

La. woman pleads to selling 2 kids for bird, cash (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/02/23/20100223bird-children-swap.html)

VILLE PLATTE, La. - A 52-year-old Louisiana woman has pleaded guilty to two counts of sale of a minor for trading two children to a couple in exchange for an exotic pet bird and $175.

Donna Louise Greenwell received 15 months of hard labor on each count on Monday, which she will serve concurrently.

The Evangeline Parish Clerk of Court's Office tells The Advocate newspaper that Greenwell will begin serving her sentence March 25.

The couple, Paul James Romero and Brandy Lynn Romero, each pleaded guilty to the same charges in October.

Greenwell was accused of selling the couple a 4-year-old girl and 5-year-old boy in return for the cash and a cockatoo. Both children were in Greenwell's care after their biological parents had left them with her.

sadaist
02-23-2010, 06:28 PM

Wouldn't it be better if instead of aborting every baby, they were better educated? That would also reduce the crime rate. And it would create a population more capable of contributing to society rather than just siphoning it's resources.

sadaist
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM
this broad shoulda been aborted, fuckin' bitch. even tho they weren't hers, only 2yrs?

La. woman pleads to selling 2 kids for bird, cash (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/02/23/20100223bird-children-swap.html)

VILLE PLATTE, La. - A 52-year-old Louisiana woman has pleaded guilty to two counts of sale of a minor for trading two children to a couple in exchange for an exotic pet bird and $175.

Donna Louise Greenwell received 15 months of hard labor on each count on Monday, which she will serve concurrently.

The Evangeline Parish Clerk of Court's Office tells The Advocate newspaper that Greenwell will begin serving her sentence March 25.

The couple, Paul James Romero and Brandy Lynn Romero, each pleaded guilty to the same charges in October.

Greenwell was accused of selling the couple a 4-year-old girl and 5-year-old boy in return for the cash and a cockatoo. Both children were in Greenwell's care after their biological parents had left them with her.

Wouldn't you trade 2 miners for a canary instead of a cockatoo?

;)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-23-2010, 07:06 PM

;)

very, very nice.:biggrin:

or, if the miners wanted a cock or two, they like the can area?:0

kwame k
02-23-2010, 08:00 PM

;)

I see your true colors are coming out, Sadie!

So you would violate child labor laws and let two miner children work in the mines....... fascist.

Nitro Express
02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I wonder who would win in a race war between the trailer court white supremacists or black gangs from da hood? Call me evil but I would love to see these two group throw down. Both are scum and the world would be better off without them both. Let them kill each other.

kwame k
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I wonder who would win in a race war between the trailer court white supremacists or black gangs from da hood? Call me evil but I would love to see these two group throw down. Both are scum and the world would be better off without them both. Let them kill each other.

Can't say for sure Nitro but.......if it's between a Pickle and Nickleback, well......

A group on Facebook called "Can this pickle get more fans than Nickleback?" hit its goal over the weekend, notching up 1.4 million fans. The post-grunge band Nickelback had 1.38 million on Facebook, but has since topped 1.4 million.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100223/music_nm/us_pickle;_ylt=AnkNNF6f65SBaTz2BcXmBTCVEhkF;_ylu=X 3oDMTJmMm5kNjlvBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAwMjIzL3VzX3BpY2t sZQRwb3MDOARzZWMDeW5fcGFnaW5hdGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0B HNsawNhcGlja2xlYmVhdHM-)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 12:25 AM
I see your true colors are coming out, Sadie!

So you would violate child labor laws and let two miner children work in the mines....... fascist.

but he's gettin' a bird,man.:)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 12:30 AM

oh this is a loaded question.:umm: however, seein' as how "black gang members drinkin' juice in da hood" kill each other off left and right, i say the supremists win the war. especially since they are more dispersed and a tornado can only take out one klan at a time.:biggrin:

LoungeMachine
02-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Wonder why abortion rates go UP under REPUBLICAN administrations?

:gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Wonder why abortion rates go UP under REPUBLICAN administrations?

:gulp:

nope:biggrin:

kwame k
02-24-2010, 01:22 AM
but he's gettin' a bird,man.:)

Haven't really listened to his stuff...not a big fan of rap ;)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/birdman_wallpapers_02.jpg

sadaist
02-24-2010, 01:28 AM
I just really hate biased articles that mislead the reader & try to have you believe a certain point of view by the careful editing of crucial information. The "journalist" who penned this particular piece is a black woman. Perhaps she is biased and doing a very poor job of hiding it. Or she is just a terrible writer. Since I am unfamiliar with her other works, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt this time.

Love incomplete statements like this that lead the reader in a particular way.

Nationally, black women were more than three times as likely to get an abortion in 2006 compared with white women,

Fine, but what is the percentage of pregnancies of black women compared to white women? What is the ratio of underage pregnancies between blacks & whites? What is the percentage of pregnancies between blacks & whites where the mother was on drugs? What is the percentage of single white women vs single black women that were pregnant? They lead us to believe that black women are getting a disproportionate amount of abortions without providing the necessary statistics to back up the argument. They point to 2006. What about 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008? Is the year they are pointing to an anomaly? A ten year window would be a bit more substantial.

The whole ad campaign is blatantly racist. However since they are doing it "for" black people it's okay. Try openly using a white baby to drum up support within the white community and see the ensuing shit storm. Gotta love the hypocrisy and double standards Americans are engaging in and accepting of.

The eyebrow-raising ads featuring a young black child are an effort by the anti-abortion movement to use race to rally support within the black community

"It's ingenious," said the Rev. Johnny Hunter, national director of the Life Education and Resource Network, a North Carolina-based anti-abortion group aimed at African-Americans

sadaist
02-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Perhaps she is biased and doing a very poor job of hiding it. Or she is just a terrible writer. Since I am unfamiliar with her other works, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt this time.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this "journalist" is biased and clearly has an agenda. If you want to write and have a particular cause or agenda, that's 100% fine. Just don't call it journalism. It's wrong and many people may be fooled into thinking what you write is accurate & factual.

Errin Haines has been a writer for the Associated Press for two years. Based in the AP's Atlanta bureau, Errin covers local and national issues and events affecting the black community. In 2006, Errin was named Emerging Journalist of the Year Award by the National Association of Black Journalists.

Some of her other stories can be found here.

Articles by author: ERRIN HAINES - Free Online Library (http://www.thefreelibrary.com/ERRIN+HAINES-a11079)

kwame k
02-24-2010, 01:37 AM
WORLDWIDE

Number of abortions per year: Approximately 42 Million
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 115,000

Where abortions occur:
83% of all abortions are obtained in developing countries and 17% occur in developed countries.

© Copyright 1996-2008, The Alan Guttmacher Institute. (Guttmacher Institute: Home Page (http://www.agi-usa.org))

UNITED STATES

Number of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996)
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 3,700

Who's having abortions (age)?
52% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. are younger than 25: Women aged 20-24 obtain 32% of all abortions; Teenagers obtain 20% and girls under 15 account for 1.2%.

Who's having abortions (race)?
While white women obtain 60% of all abortions, their abortion rate is well below that of minority women. Black women are more than 3 times as likely as white women to have an abortion, and Hispanic women are roughly 2 times as likely.

Who's having abortions (marital status)?
64.4% of all abortions are performed on never-married women; Married women account for 18.4% of all abortions and divorced women obtain 9.4%.

Who's having abortions (religion)?
Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 31.3%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as "Born-again/Evangelical".

Who's having abortions (income)?
Women with family incomes less than $15,000 obtain 28.7% of all abortions; Women with family incomes between $15,000 and $29,999 obtain 19.5%; Women with family incomes between $30,000 and $59,999 obtain 38.0%; Women with family incomes over $60,000 obtain 13.8%.

Link (http://www.guttmacher.org/sections/abortion.php?scope=U.S.%20specific)

sadaist
02-24-2010, 02:45 AM
WORLDWIDE

Number of abortions per year: Approximately 42 Million
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 115,000

Damn. That made me pause for a minute. 42 million per year? Wow. Anyone have an idea how many of those are able to be used for stem-cells research? I hate to be thinking this, but for some reason I am and that's what is in my mind. Might as well get the stem-cells and not waste them. (Am I horrible for thinking that?) Although I would prefer that number be immensely lower. I'm assuming the poverty stricken countries are not using them for research simply due to the expense and facilities involved.

Good post Kwame. Maybe you should take up journalism.

Keep in mind that those numbers only show abortion rates and not pregnancy rates. Are black women 3 times more likely to get pregnant? Are young, single black women 3 times more likely to get pregnant? If they are getting knocked up 3 times as much, it would be logical that they would account for 3 times the abortions.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Haven't really listened to his stuff...not a big fan of rap ;)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/birdman_wallpapers_02.jpg

no, bird man.2530

Nitro Express
02-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Like I want the government involved if my daughter gets raped, gets pregnant from it and we decide to go to a doctor for an abortion. Many of these babies are better off aborted than having a messed up crack whore for a mom. Also, aborted babies are better off than being child prostitutes. They are aborted for a reason. Their moms are losers and don't want them. Granted, it's serious business and trivializing it cheapens life but maybe the religious holier than thous should think about if all these babies were born, then they would be crying about the abused children or the criminals they would turn into. Or the increased number of welfare brats. These gomers want a world that is too simple. They live in Mr. Roger's Nieghborhood.

sadaist
02-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Like I want the government involved if my daughter gets raped, gets pregnant from it and we decide to go to a doctor for an abortion. Many of these babies are better off aborted than having a messed up crack whore for a mom. Also, aborted babies are better off than being child prostitutes. They are aborted for a reason. Their moms are losers and don't want them. Granted, it's serious business and trivializing it cheapens life but maybe the religious holier than thous should think about if all these babies were born, then they would be crying about the abused children or the criminals they would turn into. Or the increased number of welfare brats. These gomers want a world that is too simple. They live in Mr. Roger's Nieghborhood.

I understand your sentiments here. But aren't there a lot of good people in really long waiting lines for healthy babies to adopt? Maybe if the red tape involved was lessened to make it much easier, these women would have an additional option. Make it easier for single people to adopt. I've seen stories of men & women who couldn't adopt because they were single, even though they were wealthy enough to provide a fine life for the child. I'd bet gay couples are still having difficulties in adopting as well. Just seems that since there are people who want babies and can provide them a decent home, it should be made easier....and cheaper.