PDA

View Full Version : i don't see it

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 03:54 PM
George Lopez to voice Speedy Gonzales in film (Reuters) - Yahoo! Movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/george-lopez-voice-speedy-gonzales-film-reuters)
OS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Speedy Gonzales is taking his folk-hero status, incredible speed and signature red kerchief to the big screen, with help from George Lopez.

The comedian is attached to provide the voice of the fastest mouse in all Mexico for a politically correct live-action/CG hybrid feature set up at New Line Cinema.

The Looney Tunes character debuted in the 1950s as a regular nemesis of Sylvester the Cat. A 1955 short about the tiny hero, "Speedy Gonzales," won the Academy Award for best short subject, (cartoon). Pat Boone even released a hit song about the famous mouse in 1962.

Over the years, Speedy appeared in the live-action/animation features "Who Framed Roger Rabbit," "Space Jam" and "Looney Tunes: Back in Action." But the character has often courted criticism that the ethnic characterizations of him and his compatriots (especially lazy cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez) are stereotypically racist and severely outdated.

Aware of this, New Line and the producers plan to update the brand with a modernized sensibility.

"We wanted to make sure that it was not the Speedy of the 1950s -- the racist Speedy," said the comedian's wife Ann Lopez, who will serve alongside him as a producer. "Speedy's going to be a misunderstood boy who comes from a family that works in a very meticulous setting, and he's a little too fast for what they do. He makes a mess of that. So he has to go out in the world to find what he's good at."

That path becomes clearer once Speedy befriends a gun-shy race-car driver.

"Garfield" scribes Alec Sokolow and Joel Cohen will write the script.

Lopez hosts "Lopez Tonight" on TBS and appears in New Line's ensemble hit "Valentine's Day," which has grossed $158 million worldwide after two weekends. He also recently starred in "The Spy Next Door" and provided a voice for "Beverly Hills Chihuahua."

how the fuck was speedy racist? :pullinghair:

LoungeMachine
02-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Many, many cartoons werre stereotyped and racist in the past......

But beyond that, MY question is this.....

WHY THE FUCK DOES HOLLYWOOD ALWAYS HAVE TO RECYCLE YESTERDAY'S SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN........????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

:gulp:

Unchainme
02-24-2010, 04:06 PM

WHY THE FUCK DOES HOLLYWOOD ALWAYS HAVE TO RECYCLE YESTERDAY'S SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN........????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

espeically with george fucking lopez.

has that guy ever been funny? and yet he gets roles like a fat kid gets halloween candy.

You know that there's a Marmaduke remake in the works with Owen wilson in the lead? loving mother of god. WHY?

hambon4lif
02-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Lopez is a jackass!

He had a radio show in L.A., and every single day he would rant and complain about racial stereotyping and how wrong he felt it was.
....yet the theme song of his TV show was WARs "Low Rider"?!?? Really?? How ironic!
And now he's going to portray Speedy Gonzales....

....for someone who detests stereotyping so much, he's pretty damn quick to embrace it and cash in on it.

ARRIBA ARRIBA WHORE-HAY!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
yeah, but speedy was a mouse from mexico. so of course he's gonna have an accent. that's not racist. he was fast. that's not racist. he drove sylvester crazy. that's not racist. george lopez, that fucker is racist. even tho' i laughed a few times at one stand up special he did.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
his cousin slow poke rodriguez was a drunk. that's not racist. they wore sombreros. that's not racist.

chefcraig
02-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Because the depth of imagination among today's "creative" types has roughly the same range as a Daisy air rifle. Remember this marketing wonder? It's OK to feature Mexicans in your commercials (even using the phrase "Run for the border"), as long as they are dogs.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1479/tacobelldog.jpg (http://img52.imageshack.us/i/tacobelldog.jpg/)

hambon4lif
02-24-2010, 05:16 PM

:gulp:Fuckinay!

I went to check out a flick last week, and the prevews for this summers 'blockbusters' were "Alice In Wonderland" & "Clash Of The Titans". I felt like I was in a fuckin' time warp.
It'll surprise you how many times someone will ask if you've seen a certain flick, and you'll have to ask "the original or the remake?"

Hollywood peaked a long time ago as far as creativity, and I don't expect anything original anymore. That well is dry.

chefcraig
02-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Fuckinay!

I went to check out a flick last week, and the prevews for this summers 'blockbusters' were "Alice In Wonderland" & "Clash Of The Titans". I felt like I was in a fuckin' time warp.
It'll surprise you how many times someone will ask if you've seen a certain flick, and you'll have to ask "the original or the remake?"

Hollywood peaked a long time ago as far as creativity, and I don't expect anything original anymore. That well is dry.

No shit. Oh, The Karate Kid is coming as well, naturally with a rap soundtrack. No, I'm not joking. I wish I was...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jy3TwgpOfr0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jy3TwgpOfr0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>