PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2010 Offseason

chefcraig
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson

By Associated Press
February 22, 2010, 4:58PM

BERNIE WILSON

SAN DIEGO -- LaDainian Tomlinson was released Monday by the San Diego Chargers, ending a brilliant nine-year run in which he became one of the NFL's greatest running backs.

The move had been expected for some time. Tomlinson, who turned 30 last summer, was injured early in the 2009 season and finished with 730 yards on 223 carries for an average of 3.3 yards per carry, all career lows.

Tomlinson was due a $2 million bonus in early March, which all but guaranteed he would be cut loose as his role diminished on a team that thrived with a pass-happy offense.

L.T. wasn't immediately available for comment.

Team president Dean Spanos met with Tomlinson on Monday and informed him of his release.

"This is a part of the business that I hate, and it's particularly hard when you're dealing with someone I consider a friend," Spanos said in a statement. "Change involving great players is never easy. I respect L.T. as much or more than any player I've ever known. And no one appreciates his contributions to this organization more than I do. That is why this is such a difficult announcement for me to make."

Tomlinson ranks eighth on the all-time rushing list with 12,490 yards. He was the NFL's MVP in 2006, when he set NFL single-season records with 31 touchdowns and 186 points.

He won the NFL's rushing title in 2006 and '07.

Chargers release LaDanian Tomlinson | Staten Island Sports Top Stories - - SILive.com (http://www.silive.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/02/chargers_release_ladanian_toml.html)

Give us our money back: NFL requires $4,285.13 reimbursement for McKinnie's Pro Bowl absence

By Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie must pay back the NFL for his non-participation in the Pro Bowl.

The NFL said Friday it will require a $4,285 reimbursement from McKinnie for expenses incurred that week in Miami. McKinnie skipped most of the team practices and obligations, and was then dismissed from the NFC all-star squad.

NFL spokesman Randall Liu also said McKinnie has forfeited his $22,500 game check.

Liu said the league's competition committee will review the matter and determine whether additional action should be taken to deter such conduct at the Pro Bowl in the future.

McKinnie blamed his absence on a foot injury and miscommunication about his desire to withdraw from the team.

Give us our money back: NFL requires $4,285.13 reimbursement for McKinnie's Pro Bowl absence - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/wire/sns-ap-fbn-pro-bowl-mckinnie,0,7663602.story)

chefcraig
02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Moss doesn't expect to be a Patriot after 2010

JUPITER, Fla. -- Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss, who is entering the final year of his contract, said that he doesn't expect to get a new deal with the Patriots and that he thinks he'll be looking for a new team after this season.

"I don't think they are going to extend my contract here," said Moss, speaking to reporters at the charity softball game of former Patriots teammate Heath Evans.

"I understand the beast, the nature of it. I think that just with what I think and what I know I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. So, after this season if there is not a lockout I'll be looking for a new team. I got a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they did for me and my family. So, the only thing I can do is just play this year out and see what my future holds after that. "

Moss is slated to make $6.4 million in base salary in the final year of the three-year, $27 million deal he signed with the Patriots following his record-setting 2007 season. He was still productive last season, catching 83 passes for 1,264 yards and tied for the NFL lead with 13 touchdown receptions.

Moss was asked why he felt the team wouldn't bring him back.

"It's the business of it, man," said Moss, who turned 33 this month. "You got to understand the business of football. There is not bad blood. There is no animosity on my side or their side. I think it's just the nature of the business of the NFL.

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so."

Moss was asked to expound on his theory that the Patriots "don't really pay" and said it's just the organization's philosophy.

"That's not a knock on them. That's just how they run their organization," said Moss. "That's how it is. Put it like this, I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think that's where they really don't pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didn't mean it as a knock against the organization. They just don't pay. If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

Like Moss, quarterback Tom Brady is also entering the final year of his contract. Moss was much more optimistic about Brady's future as a Patriot than his own.

"Like I said, man, I don't really know what's going on with his situation or his contract, but if you ask me personally I think that Tom Brady is going to be a New England Patriot," said Moss. "But as far as me I don't really know. I know I would like a new contract. I think I've done enough to have a new contract.

"The last couple of years I've played through so much. You know I've never let the team down, as far as going out there every Sunday. I still showed at 32 years of age, now I'm 33, that I am durable. So, like I said if they want to give me a new contract I would entertain that, but I don't really think that I'm going to be a New England Patriot next year. So, I'll play this year out and then look for whatever the future is next."

Moss doesn't expect to be a Patriot after 2010 - Extra Points - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/02/moss_doesnt_exp.html)

chefcraig
02-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Philadelphia Eagles release versatile running back Brian Westbrook

By The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA — Running back Brian Westbrook was released Tuesday by the Philadelphia Eagles, ending an often-dynamic eight-year run marred by various injuries.

A former All-Pro, Westbrook led the league in yards from scrimmage in 2007 with 2,104. He rushed for 1,333 yards and accounted for 12 touchdowns that season.

But he spent much of last season on the sideline, missing eight games with two concussions and an ankle injury.

Westbrook, 30, was due $7.25 million next season.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said Westbrook should have an opportunity to play for another team.

Carolina's Peppers to be a free agent

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Carolina Panthers decided the price is too steep to keep their all-time sacks leader.

Julius Peppers, a five-time Pro Bowl defensive end, is about to become one of the top prizes in free agency.

General manager Marty Hurney announced the team won't place the restrictive franchise tag on Peppers for a second consecutive year; using the tag would have cost the Panthers at least $20.1 million.

Peppers, 30, will become an unrestricted free agent March 5, meaning the Panthers will likely lose their top defensive player without compensation.

Notes

• The Seahawks announced they signed defensive end Ricky Foley and punter Tom Malone, more than a week after agreeing to terms.

• San Francisco placed the nonexclusive franchise tag on nose tackle Aubrayo Franklin and hope to sign him to a long-term contract. The tag guarantees Franklin, 29, slightly more than $7 million for the 2010 season.

• Ex-Oakland assistant Randy Hanson sued Raiders coach Tom Cable and the team for damages suffered during a training-camp scuffle that allegedly resulted in Hanson being treated for a fractured jaw and broken teeth.

The suit alleges Cable "without warning or provocation" grabbed Hanson during an Aug. 5 coaches meeting at the team's Napa, Calif., hotel. Cable threw Hanson against the wall, causing Hanson's face to strike a table, and hit Hanson, the lawsuit said.

Cable, 45, is a former Snohomish High School player.

• Pro Bowl receiver Vincent Jackson, 27, of the San Diego Chargers pleaded guilty to a charge of driving under the influence and was sentenced to four days in jail and five years of probation.

• DeMaurice Smith, NFL Players Association executive director, sent a memo to players and their agents, telling them it is likely no new collective-bargaining agreement will be reached and the upcoming season will be played without a salary cap.

The NFL has not had an uncapped season since 1993.

Seahawks | Philadelphia Eagles release versatile running back Brian Westbrook | Seattle Times Newspaper (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2011166627_nfl24.html)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Packers.com » News » Press Releases » February 24, 2010: Packers Place Franchise Tag On NT Pickett (http://packers.com/news/releases/2010/02/24/2/)

The Green Bay Packers have designated NT Ryan Pickett as their franchise player. The move was announced Wednesday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

"Ryan has been a good teammate and productive player for us on the field and also a good representative of the Packers in the community," Thompson said. "We look forward to having him be a part of our future."

Pickett recently completed his ninth NFL season and fourth in a Green Bay uniform. In 2009, he totaled 47 tackles (25 solo) and one pass defensed and was a key member of the Packers' top-ranked run defense.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-24-2010, 11:50 PM
The Eagles would be smart to get rid of McNabb and turn the offense over to Kevin Kolb. Westbrook is done and McCoy is ready to take over the rb position for the Birds, even though he won't be as effective as Westbrook in his prime. I remember when people were saying that Tomlinson was going to break Emmitt Smiths rushing record and I said NEVER, won't happen. It's all about longevity in the NFL, and he doesn't have it. Maybe the Cowboys could trade Barber to the Chargers for a draft pick or two. I think he and Sproles would be a nice one two. The Boys don't need Barber, they have Felix Jones and Tashard Choice.

Pennypacker
02-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Whats with these reigning NFL MVP RB's that suddenly fall off the face of the earth?

Shaun Alexander? I heard last that he was going to play for the Argos up here!
Priest Holmes , dont think he won the MVP but he had amazing numbers.
And now the legend Tomlinson.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-25-2010, 01:23 PM
The normal turnover for NFL running backs is only 4-5 years, they just get too banged up.....

sonrisa salvaje
02-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Whats with these reigning NFL MVP RB's that suddenly fall off the face of the earth?

Shaun Alexander? I heard last that he was going to play for the Argos up here!
Priest Holmes , dont think he won the MVP but he had amazing numbers.
And now the legend Tomlinson.

As Dave would say, "Here today, gone late today."

Shaun Alexander still had something left at the time no one chose to pick him up. He went from being in the super bowl to not playing in 2 years. That is just crazy. Shaun didn't have near the kind of injury plagued seasons that Tomlinson has had, and i'll bet Tomlinson gets picked up by someone. With Westbrook, i really wonder if he has anything left in him.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-26-2010, 11:57 AM
The date has come and gone to franchise players and the Cowboys elected not to franchise Miles Austin. If Jerry Jones doesn't sign him to a long term deal, he could be had for a 1st and 3rd.

chefcraig
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Bills decline to offer contract to Owens

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Terrell Owens is on the market after the Buffalo Bills announced Saturday they do not plan to offer him a contract.

The Bills also declined to offer contracts to defensive end Ryan Denney and wide receiver Josh Reed, allowing them to become unrestricted free agents at midnight on March 5.

“We wanted to inform all three players ahead of the start of the free agency period so they could begin making their plans,” Bills general manager Buddy Nix said. “We just felt that was the right thing to do. All three have represented our organization with class and we thank them for their dedication and hard work.”

Owens, who will turn 37 in December, caught 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns in his only season in Buffalo. He also ran for a touchdown.

“I would like to thank the great fans in Buffalo, Ralph Wilson & the Bills organization for all their supports this past season,” Owens said on Twitter.

The six-time Pro Bowl receiver caught his 1,000th pass in Week 16 at Atlanta to become the sixth player in league history to reach the milestone. Owens then moved into third place on the career list with 14,951 yards receiving in a 30-7 win over Indianapolis in Week 17.

Denney and Reed were both second-round picks in the 2002 draft.

Denney made 318 tackles and 23 1/2 sacks in his career, while Reed is fifth on the club’s career receiving list with 311 catches for 3,575 yards.

Bills decline to offer contract to Owens - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-owens&prov=ap&type=lgns)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
NFL's sudden-death proposal has some life - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av_OuW6tAjgO2y3LdSLW7yxDubYF?slug=ms-trippintuesday030210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Under the change being considered for postseason games, a field goal on a team’s first possession wouldn’t equate to victory.

If the team that got the ball first scored a field goal, the other team could kick a tying field goal on its next possession, and the game would then revert to the current sudden-death scoring rules. If the team that got the ball first didn’t score at all, immediate sudden-death would also ensue. Any touchdown in overtime, even on the first possession, would end the game.

i think this could work

chefcraig
03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
I hope so. Winning a game on a coin toss is absurd. I still like the college way of handling overtime better, though.

78/84 guy
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Overtime has to change !! Its beyond stupid.

sadaist
03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm so bummed about Ladanian leaving SD. Dude should be able to stay, in any role, until he retires.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
NEW YORK (AP)—It just got a lot tougher to throw against the New York Jets.

A few hours before the NFL’s free agency period began, the Jets improved their secondary in a big way by agreeing in principle with the San Diego Chargers to acquire talented but troubled cornerback Antonio Cromartie(notes) on Thursday night.

Jets reach agreement with Chargers for Cromartie - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Anleg0WMNxiaAmLXU9O71jpDubYF?slug=ap-jets-chargerstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns)

indeedido
03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Go Jets!!!!!!!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
damn..
Bears reportedly win Julius Peppers sweepstakes - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoXO1jQGd6Tyvd_E8ZrUMTE5nYcB?slug=ap-bears-freeagency&prov=ap&type=lgns)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
i knew they wanted him, but i would think that money would be better spent on their offense.

chefcraig
03-05-2010, 06:08 PM
A few hours before the NFL’s free agency period began, the Jets improved their secondary in a big way by agreeing in principle with the San Diego Chargers to acquire talented but troubled cornerback Antonio Cromartie(notes) on Thursday night.

I dunno, bro...7 kids with 6 different women sounds like a great deal of baggage to be carrying around.

i knew they wanted him, but i would think that money would be better spent on their offense.

There really aren't many receivers out there in free agency, so I guess they'll build through the draft. The only flaw in my theory is that they lost all of their draft picks in the Cutler deal.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Maybe I'm old school, but I like the sudden death aspect of the NFL. If the other team wins the coin toss then your defense needs to step up. If they force a 3 and out, your team automatically has the advantage with field position. Just my opinion, but I have been watching the NFL religiously since 1977, so maybe I'm just set in my ways. I love the NFL so whatever they decide I will adapt.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-05-2010, 06:28 PM

They signed Chester Taylor too. I always thought he could be a very good number 1 back. The Bears do need to sign a WR to go with Hester. Maybe Owens? I wouldn't want him, but I think he would increase production in their passing game.

chefcraig
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Anquan Boldin dealt to Ravens for draft picks

WR Anquan Boldin is now a bird of a different feather.

The Cardinals traded Boldin, a Pro Bowler who's been unhappy with his contract for nearly two years, to the Baltimore Ravens for a third-round draft pick and other considerations.

Boldin received a contract extension upon completion of the deal, too, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Boldin's arrival could mean free agent WR Derrick Mason, the Ravens' all-time leading receiver, may not be back in Baltimore. -- Nate Davis

Anquan Boldin dealt to Ravens for draft picks - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/anquan-boldin-dealt-to-ravens-for-draft-picks/1)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-06-2010, 10:28 AM
i think boldin woulda been an exellent fit for chicago, oh well.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Boldin for a third round pick. What a steal for the Ravens. They neaded a WR. I'm sure Flacco is quite happy.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, big upgrade for the Ratbirds...

And, as usual, the Steelers do absolutely nothing early in free agency....

PETE'S BROTHER
03-06-2010, 11:25 AM
just like green bay:umm: wonder where kampman will end up.

redblkwht
03-07-2010, 12:24 AM
The Boys don't need Barber, they have Felix Jones and Tashard Choice.
Totally agree bro great post..

redblkwht
03-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Boldin for a third round pick. What a steal for the Ravens. They neaded a WR. I'm sure Flacco is quite happy.
3rd & a 4th bro.. they have 2 goos wr's now, but the Jets clearly are still
better i mean are you going to pass on them now?..
2 totally solid Cb's, holy cow.

redblkwht
03-07-2010, 12:30 AM
i think boldin woulda been an exellent fit for chicago, oh well.
I agree but we didnt have any picks left..we did, but no draft? free agents &
trades would have caused a media meltdown in chicago. lmao

redblkwht
03-07-2010, 12:35 AM
They signed Chester Taylor too. I always thought he could be a very good number 1 back. The Bears do need to sign a WR to go with Hester. Maybe Owens? I wouldn't want him, but I think he would increase production in their passing game.
Question, would you trade forte now for a legit wr or a high pick??
Im kinda hoping this transpires i think taylor will fit in martzes schemes better
in the offense.
Im really chewing at a legit #1 wideout is totally the biggest need for this team.

and NO i don't want fucking Terrell Owens on my club either if that happens i'm
changing teams for good. ala fantasy football ( i traded the prick years ago):pullinghair:

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
3rd & a 4th bro.. they have 2 goos wr's now, but the Jets clearly are still
better i mean are you going to pass on them now?..
2 totally solid Cb's, holy cow.

Boldin is worth a 3rd and 4th, especially for the Ravens. The Jets D is sick.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the Boldin deal, I didn't know a 4th was involved.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
And yes, I agree 100% the Bears need a WR big time. It will make Cutler much better. Hester will also evolve in a great number two. With Olsen already in place at TE and the acquisition of Taylor it seems that a quality number one WR is the only thing missing in the O weapons department. It looks like Owens might be going to Cincy, so no worries there. Forte, I don't know about trading him, I guess it depends on what you can get. It sure would be nice to rotate Taylor and Forte or have one of them to carry the load if the other is injured.

Pennypacker
03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Wow the Bears signing Peppers is huge, but this completely overshadows the signing of Chester Taylor. A great 3rd down RB, I watched too many Vikings games last year (my brother being a fan) and at times felt more comfortable watching Taylor take the hand offs rather than Adrian McFumble. The guy just seems to be able to pound the ball in in tight spots and clutch situations.

They still have Jay Cutler and will go 9-7 or 8-8 this year after he throws 30 INT.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Steelers signed safety Will Allen to 3 year deal...

See ya Ryan Clark, he'll probably sign with Miami.....

Pennypacker
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Monday's moves

WR Jason Avant -- The Eagles and their No. 3 target came to terms on a new five-year deal. Avant had been a restricted free agent.

Monday's rumors:

RB Thomas Jones -- Likely to meet with the Chiefs today according to ESPN.
QB Michael Vick -- The Eagles are poised to pay his $1.5 million roster bonus tomorrow, which would mean Vick stays in Philadelphia another season barring a trade later in the offseason.

chefcraig
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM

I dunno VA...all of a sudden we need a new nose tackle. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-705.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/countdownclock.html)

Jason Ferguson's suspension makes nose tackle a draft priority for Miami Dolphins

The news Sunday that unrestricted free agent and former Dolphin nose tackle Jason Ferguson has had a second positive test for performance-enhancing drugs couldn't have been welcome in the Dolphins' offices.

While no decision had been made on whether to bring back the 13-year veteran, the mere fact he'll be suspended for the first eight games of the 2010 season makes finding help at the position a priority.

The importance of a quality nose tackle was underscored in recent weeks when four teams put franchise tags on their starters at the position. New England's Vince Wilfork, Pittsburgh's Casey Hampton, San Francisco's Aubrayo Franklin and Green Bay's Ryan Pickett will all be well-compensated this year as a result.

With few options available in free agency, the Dolphins will likely turn their attention to the April 22-24 NFL Draft, where a relatively deep class will offer at least four quality nose tackles in the first two to three rounds.

Miami would likely have to use its first pick, No. 12 overall, to get Tennessee's Dan Williams, who has shot up the board after an excellent senior season. The 6-foot-2, 327-pounder, who has been training at HP Sports in Delray Beach, said working under former Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin last season was "a blessing."

"He really helped me in pre-game preparation and helped me on the field," Williams said at last month's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Scouts said Williams' quickness sets him apart.

"That was an area I was really working on (last) spring and in the off-season," he said. "That's a part of the game where I felt I was always improving. It may not show up in sacks (Williams had 2 1/2 last season, although he also had a team-high nine tackles for loss), but if you watch my film, there were a lot of hurries. I worked on it everyday."

Williams has jumped ahead of Alabama's Terrence Cody on most draft boards. A consensus first-team All-America whose weight has raised questions about him being an every-down player, Cody was able to drop 16 pounds between the Senior Bowl and Combine, where he weighed in at 354.

"Cody knew when to stop eating — or start working, I'm not sure which," former Dallas Cowboys player personnel director Gil Brandt quipped after the weigh-in.

There's a reasonably good chance Cody will be available to the Dolphins in the second round, but if not, they might do just as well opting for Cam Thomas of North Carolina or Terrell Troup of Central Florida, both of whom could be available as far down as the third.

Like Williams, both played for coaches with NFL backgrounds — Butch Davis at UNC and George O'Leary at UCF.

"Our defense is pro-style," Thomas said at the Combine. "We're attacking, we're gap-scheming and stuff like that. Most of the stuff I'm already used to."

Troup struggled to crack the top 10 in most scouts' rankings prior to last season. Now he's in the top five on most and feels he's still learning.

"I honestly feel I'm one of the better players in the nation," he said at the Combine.

With more than half the teams in the NFL now playing 3-4 defenses, Troup said there's a growing recognition of the importance of a quality nose tackle.

"People are realizing that to have a good defense they've got to start up front," he said. "They can't have a good defense without that middle guy."

Jason Ferguson's suspension makes nose tackle a draft priority for Miami Dolphins (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/jason-fergusons-suspension-makes-nose-tackle-a-draft-328231.html)

chefcraig
03-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Now how's this for a cool thing to do? :appl:

Scott Fujita knows the right way to leave a city

It was heartwarming when the long-downtrodden Saints won the Super Bowl. It didn't get any less heartwarming when Drew Brees(notes) made the media rounds in the weeks after the game, establishing himself as the sweetest and most humble man in America.

Apparently, everyone on the entire team was an absolute ray of sunshine.

Scott Fujita(notes), a somewhat unheralded linebacker on that Super Bowl team, recently signed as a free agent with the Cleveland Browns. Before leaving town, though, Fujita did one more thing for the people of New Orleans: He gave half of his Super Bowl check to charity, half of that going to relief efforts in Haiti, and the other half going to coastal restoration in New Orleans. From nola.com:

"The people of this city and region have been so good to me and my family that we just felt strongly about doing something to protect the city we have come to love so much, " Fujita said. "And helping on the coastal issue has been on the back of my mind since I first got here."

Take note, other free agents. That's how you leave a city. So far, the bar has been set at "hold a tearful press conference" or "thank the fans in a full-page newspaper ad" for a classy exit. Scott Fujita just raised it.

Anyway, he's Cleveland's now, and if he'd like to continue his streak of doing charitable things for cities in which he plays, I'm sure he'll find an option or two in Cleveland.

Scott Fujita knows the right way to leave a city - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Scott-Fujita-knows-the-right-way-to-leave-a-city?urn=nfl,226444)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-08-2010, 04:16 PM
agreed, very cool. a shame that it doesn't happen more often.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-08-2010, 10:14 PM

I stand corrected, Clark changed his mind and re-signed with the Steelers with a 4 year deal....

Then they welcomed back Antwan Randle El for a 3 year deal, as well as 4th receiver Arnaz Battle.....

Pennypacker
03-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Vikings "appear to have interest" in LaDainian Tomlinson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 8, 2010 10:45 PM ET
When the Chargers cut running back LaDainian Tomlinson, we immediately pointed out the possibility of one Texas native joining forces with another Texas native who plays tailback in Minnesota.

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Vikings "appear to have interest" in the 2006 NFL MVP.

Zulgad also writes that the Vikings "aren't believed to have expressed interest" in veteran tailback Brian Westbrook, who played for the Eagles when Vikings coach Brad Childress served as the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia.

Before the Vikings act on that interest, they'll need to determine whether Tomlinson is interested in being a backup to Adrian Peterson. L.T. might want to exhaust any opportunities to be the lead dog elsewhere before accepting a backup role.

Because Tomlinson was cut, the Vikings are free to sign him without regard to the rules of the "Final Eight Plan."

Pennypacker
03-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Boldin calls dealing with Cardinals "totally unacceptable"

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2010 9:53 AM ET
Four days after he was traded from Arizona to Baltimore, wide receiver Anquan Boldin said he was disappointed that the Cardinals didn't deal forthrightly with him over the last couple of seasons.

"As far as relationships with the organization, things began to sour," Boldin said Tuesday morning on ESPN Radio. "From my end there were some promises that were made, and some sacrifices on my part, and they just didn't live up to their end of the bargain.

"For me, I'm a straight-up guy. I think if you come up and talk to me and tell me exactlly where things are going and what you're thinking, even if I don't agree I can definitely respect it. But to be led the wrong way and told something differently is totally unacceptable to me."

Boldin declined to name who, specifically, had misled him, other than to say, "It was with the decision-makers, I would say, for the Cardinals."

Boldin said he still thinks the Cardinals have the makings of a good team, but he questioned whether the front office is adequately prepared for losing team leaders like Kurt Warner, Antrel Rolle, Karlos Dansby and Bertrand Berry.

Ultimately, Boldin says, even though he's glad to be heading to Baltimore, he looks back with a lot of affection for many of the people he played with in Arizona.

"Leaving Arizona was bittersweet," Boldin said. "That's the only place that I've known professionally. I played there for seven years, built a lot of great relationships on and off the field, I was very involved in the community. So it was very bittersweet."

PETE'S BROTHER
03-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Wed Mar 10, 6:49 am ET
BRISTOL, Conn. – Robert De Niro is set to play Vince Lombardi in an upcoming movie.
ESPN announced Tuesday that the Academy Award-winning actor has agreed to play the Hall of Fame coach in the film it is developing with Andell Entertainment and the NFL.
"Lombardi" will chronicle the years in which he transformed the Green Bay Packers from the NFL's worst team to league champions. It is tentatively scheduled to be released in 2012 during the weekend between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl.
Screenwriter Eric Roth, who won an Oscar for "Forrest Gump," has also signed on to the project. De Niro's Tribeca Productions will join the producing group. A director has yet to be chosen.

chefcraig
03-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Goodell backs OT rule change

Associated Press

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday at the NFL owners meetings that he likes the proposal to modify overtime in the playoffs.

The competition committee at meetings in Orlando, Fla., recommended to the 32 owners that a team losing the coin toss and then surrendering a field goal on the first possession should have a series of its own in OT. Such a rules change would need 24 votes for ratification.

Also at the meetings:

-- A proposal for a play to be whistled dead when the helmet of the ball carrier comes off also will draw much debate by owners. If passed, the ball will be spotted where the helmet comes off.

-- Barring unforeseen opposition, the position of the umpire will be moved from in the area of the linebackers to behind the offensive backfield. This change would come after at least 100 instances of umpires being knocked to the ground last season.

-- Goodell plans to meet with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger about the star's off-field problems.

Briefly: The Patriots were awarded the maximum of four compensatory picks in April's NFL draft. The selections will come in the sixth and seventh rounds.

NFL / Goodell backs OT rule change (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/03/23/SP4U1CJOOD.DTL)

Court Date Set For Dolphins' Brown On DUI Charge

MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) ― Miami Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown has an initial court appearance set for May 13 on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Marietta Police spokeswoman Jennifer Murphy said Tuesday the date is tentative and Brown may not have to appear in person.

The 28-year-old Brown, a five-year NFL veteran who played college football at Auburn, was arrested early Saturday.

Brown's mother told The Associated Press in a phone interview on Monday that Brown was visiting his hometown of Cartersville for her and her husband's 32nd anniversary. She said he had eaten dinner with relatives and then went to a club.

Brown was released hours after his arrest on $1,110 bond. His mother says he has an attorney but declined to give his name.

Court Date Set For Dolphins' Brown On DUI Charge - cbs4.com (http://cbs4.com/wireapnewsfl/Court.date.set.2.1581235.html)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-23-2010, 06:47 PM
wow, that was quick...

NFL changes overtime for playoff games - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflmeetings)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-24-2010, 01:19 PM
NFL rules also will now echo those in college when a player running with the ball loses his helmet. The whistle will blow immediately and the ball will be placed at the “progress spot” where the helmet came off.

NFL passes player safety rules - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AljERPnjgva_kM_fMNmHU6hDubYF?slug=ap-nflmeetings)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
i dunno about this one, seems kinda wimpy.

MAX
03-24-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm too fucking lazy to retype this but here's what I wrote on another site:

Just watched NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's press conference on the whole thing and it sounds good. Seriously and as far as OT goes in the NFL, I could care less cos the sudden death is what I've been raised with my entire life. However, I do see where it does bother some folks. My problem (until after hearing Goodell) was why just the postseason? Well, he cleared that up by saying if this works out alright then the regular season will be the next step. Still, what is really dumb to me is if the receiving team makes a TD on their first possession, you know what? The game's STILL over which kind of puts a dent in the entire "It's not fair for BOTH teams to not have possession at least once." stance. I mean six points or three on an opening drive to win a big game, what's the fucking diff?

I maintain my stance that if the NFL wants to really and truly incorporate a more fair OT system, they should look at the college games. Shoot, even some Highschool programs don't have so much friggin' fluff.

Mr Walker
03-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Surprised the owners pushed this overtime thing through so quickly.
They could have done it much better and much simpler.
a) Eliminate the coin-toss... base it on net yardage
b) Each team is given at least one possession... after that it's either over or on to sudden death rules.

Mr Walker
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Jets are gonna be featured on the season's 'Hard Knocks'.
Rex should make for good uncensored TV.

MAX
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Surprised the owners pushed this overtime thing through so quickly.
They could have done it much better and much simpler.
a) Eliminate the coin-toss... base it on net yardage
b) Each team is given at least one possession... after that it's either over or on to sudden death rules.

I agree it's beyond premature and pretty dumb. It's like they're testing the waters with affiliates before they actually act. Gotta see how it affects the markets cos they wouldn't want another "Heidi" nor it to fuck up (god forbid) any of the wonderful budweiser ads. ;)

redblkwht
03-25-2010, 11:39 AM
NFL rules also will now echo those in college when a player running with the ball loses his helmet. The whistle will blow immediately and the ball will be placed at the “progress spot” where the helmet came off.

NFL passes player safety rules - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AljERPnjgva_kM_fMNmHU6hDubYF?slug=ap-nflmeetings)
Yet another good call, there has been a few late hits/easy targets for defense
when this has happened, good move NFL.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Looks like the Eagles are shopping McNabb. The Raiders and Bills seem to be interested.

Mr Walker
03-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Looks like the Eagles are shopping McNabb. The Raiders and Bills seem to be interested.

Don't know why the Rams aren't... take Suh with the #1 pick and give the first pick of round 2 to the Eagles for McNabb. I don't really think Bradford is the way to go.

Mr Walker
03-26-2010, 09:42 AM
The 49ers should be trying to get McNabb as well... they do that deal and they are the best team in the NFC West.

MAX
03-27-2010, 02:49 PM
I heard McNabb's going to end up a Ram? So, what does that mean for dogkiller? Does he remain with Philly?

PETE'S BROTHER
03-27-2010, 02:55 PM
I heard McNabb's going to end up a Ram? So, what does that mean for dogkiller? Does he remain with Philly?

who else is gonna run their killer wildcat formations?;)

chefcraig
03-27-2010, 03:02 PM

As usual, what is fouling things up in this is...Brett Favre. Minnesota is interested, but it hinges on Favre not returning. It's also unlikely the Eagles would want to trade Don to the Vikings. From what I have seen, Philly wants a first round pick for McNabb, so the Rams could accommodate. The wild cards in this are the Raiders and the Bills, but I doubt that McNabb would want to go to either one, because it would essentially mean starting over from scratch, which in a way makes you wonder why he'd wish to go to the Rams.

So I figure it's the Vikings or bust, and he just stays put. Vick still looks shaky, and it's unlikely that he'd be named the starter over Don.

MAX
03-27-2010, 03:03 PM
who else is gonna run their killer wildcat formations?;)

Maybe they should send him to Miami? The cat seems to be working well for them. :biggrin:

chefcraig
03-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Maybe they should send him to Miami? The cat seems to be working well for them. :biggrin:

Come to find out, Ronnie Brown tested twice over the legal limit. I wouldn't be surprised if we laid off the wild cat this season. Yes, we run it better than most, but that's because we have to. Our receivers aren't exactly lighting up the score board. Sparano seems to believe that Chad Henne is the future, anyway. Plus, everybody is running it now, so everyone has a plan to defend against it by now. It's no longer the novelty it once was.

MAX
03-27-2010, 03:10 PM
As usual, what is fouling things up in this is...Brett Favre. Minnesota is interested, but it hinges on Favre not returning. It's also unlikely the Eagles would want to trade Don to the Vikings. From what I have seen, Philly wants a first round pick for McNabb, so the Rams could accommodate. The wild cards in this are the Raiders and the Bills, but I doubt that McNabb would want to go to either one, because it would essentially mean starting over from scratch, which in a way makes you wonder why he'd wish to go to the Rams.

So I figure it's the Vikings or bust, and he just stays put. Vick still looks shaky, and it's unlikely that he'd be named the starter over Don.

Uh oh, didn't see you here. Thus, my Dolphins joke wouldn't have made the cut to Pete's Brother. lol

Anyhoo and barring a freak tractor accident, Favre will be back in purple. I mean, we'll all undoubtedly have to endure the inevitable Favre Watch (during the summer Sportsenter Top Stories programming every five minutes) regardless. Favre wants an ending like Elway had, there's no doubt and he's fucking close to getting it. I mean had a cupla bad calls have gone the Vikes way in the NFC Championship (yes, even prior to his final int) Favre might be retired for good.

Again, he'll be back. ;)

MAX
03-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Come to find out, Ronnie Brown tested twice over the legal limit. I wouldn't be surprised if we laid off the wild cat this season. Yes, we run it better than most, but that's because we have to. Our receivers aren't exactly lighting up the score board. Sparano seems to believe that Chad Henne is the future, anyway. Plus, everybody is running it now, so everyone has a plan to defend against it by now. It's no longer the novelty it once was.

Is Ricky going to be back this year?

PETE'S BROTHER
03-27-2010, 03:13 PM
favre? that old jet's quarterback? i vaguely remember him.;)

chefcraig
03-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Is Ricky going to be back this year? This will be his last season. I wonder if he ever paid back all of that money? In any event, he's then off to the Himalayas or wherever the hell he goes. And he has that holistic massage career to fall back on, as well.

MAX
03-27-2010, 03:18 PM
This will be his last season. I wonder if he ever paid back all of that money? In any event, he's then off to the Himalayas or wherever the hell he goes. And he has that holistic massage career to fall back on, as well.

Ricky is a fucking shame and a poster boy for those that say smoking pot doesn't fuck you up.

MAX
03-27-2010, 03:19 PM
favre? that old jet's quarterback? i vaguely remember him.;)

Old Jets qb? You mean Namath? No wait, he ended up with the Rams just like Donnovan will. :D

chefcraig
03-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Ricky is a fucking shame and a poster boy for those that say smoking pot doesn't fuck you up.

Think about it though...if he had not quit when he did, the Dolphins just would have burned him up like Houston did with Earl Campbell. Then again, he'd probably be playing for the Saints by now, a former shell of himself only he'd have a Super Bowl ring to show for his career.

chefcraig
03-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Old Jets qb? You mean Namath? No wait, he ended up with the Rams just like Donnovan will. :D

But Namath only played 2 or 3 games with the Rams before retiring, didn't he? His knees were shot at that point.

MAX
03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Think about it though...if he had not quit when he did, the Dolphins just would have burned him up like Houston did with Earl Campbell. Then again, he'd probably be playing for the Saints by now, a former shell of himself only he'd have a Super Bowl ring to show for his career.

Yeah, we all know the shelflife for a stellar RB isn't long of a lifespan. However, Campbell was the shit. I loved him as a kid.

MAX
03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
But Namath only played 2 or 3 games with the Rams before retiring, didn't he? His knees were shot at that point.

Fuck, his knees were shot by Super Bowl III.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
NFL 2010 preseason schedule - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-nflpreseasonschedule&prov=tsn&type=lgns)

GO-SPURS-GO
03-31-2010, 08:49 PM
With the SuperBowl in Dallas this season, and being an uncapped year, I would've thought Jerry "Fire Marshall Bill" Jones would be more active in free agency. :(

PETE'S BROTHER
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
plenty of time for that after the draft i'm sure.

redblkwht
04-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Jerry "Fire Marshall Bill" Jones. :(LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats frikken funny GSG!

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-03-2010, 10:33 AM
The Cowboys cut LT Flozell Adams and S Ken Hamlin. Being a Cowboys fan, I'm ok with Hamlin leaving but I'm not so sure about Flo. Jerry Jones better have a plan up his sleeve for a draft day move up the board or a trade involved for someones existing LT.

VanHalener
04-04-2010, 02:04 PM
There is some smelly bullshit flaoting along the airwaves around here that the dumbass Redskins were looking to trade for the Eagles' McKnob.

WTF is wrong with you people?!!!

WTF IS YOUR MALFUNCTION?!!!

Someone needs to waterboard the Redskin's owner and front office for even considering such a rediculous move.

:(

Dan
04-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm Just A Cheese-Head.:D

VanHalener
04-04-2010, 09:27 PM
The Washington Redskin Leadership is a fucking joke!!!

No I'm not going to that other thread, fuck offff I'm pissed.
That cocksucking gizmopper that owns my team needs a serious session with bamboo and his fucking fingernails.

Sick of that motherfucker fucking up a great organization with greedy, foolish decisions. I hope a pipe breaks, gas escapes, and all of Redskins Park burns to the fucking ground.

1 year? His last year before probable retirement?!

Fuck you selfish and greedy fucking Assholes in the head office.
I would love to hear your noses snap as my elbow whistles by, you cocksuckers!

VanHalener
04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey McKnob and the Deadskins...

Fuuuhuhuhuhuhhkkkk Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

This bullshit is all over the radio again this morning.
Hey radio guys...Fuuuuhuhuhuhhhkkkk Youuuuuuuuu!

I think I will watch field hockey instead of football this year. Skirts, legs, and bouncing breasts is what a real game is all about.

Fuck You Redskins!!!

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Dude, I feel your pain. Not only is McChoke your QB, but Snyder actually gave up draft picks to get this chump.

MAX
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
There is some smelly bullshit flaoting along the airwaves around here that the dumbass Redskins were looking to trade for the Eagles' McKnob.

WTF is wrong with you people?!!!

WTF IS YOUR MALFUNCTION?!!!

Someone needs to waterboard the Redskin's owner and front office for even considering such a rediculous move.

:(

You think Jason Campbell has a better chance than Chunky Soup Boy?

chefcraig
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM

A better question is just what were the Eagles thinking? Their defense is shot, they have no ground attack, their second string qb's are Kolb and Vick, each showing some flashes of skill but neither could be confused for being starting material, so in order to set the ship right they trade McNabb. Huh? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sign-Smileys/)

MAX, our good friend chris must be apoplectic at this very moment.

VanHalener
04-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Hell No! I never wanted him there either.

Someone needs to take the owner and sell him to the gay slave traders in Bangkok.

The subject upsets me too much right now to talk more about it. My wife is a chainbelt in Kung Fu and she pretty much kicked my ass when she heard the news. I need to rest the arm she made me reset on my own.

-We like it rough-

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-06-2010, 11:33 AM
A better question is just what were the Eagles thinking? Their defense is shot, they have no ground attack, their second string qb's are Kolb and Vick, each showing some flashes of skill but neither could be confused for being starting material, so in order to set the ship right they trade McNabb. Huh? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sign-Smileys/)

I think Kolb is an upgrade over McNabb. The dude is a passer with much better accuracy than McChunky. We will find out soon enough.

MAX
04-06-2010, 03:59 PM

That poor bastiiiid just can't catch a break. I say since they dumped McNabb, fuck Andy Reid as well. Seriously, WTF are they trying to do, just keep almost getting there and saying "fuck it?"

Shit Vermeil came back and retired strong. Fuck, even Jaws has a successful career in broadcasting.

The city of brotherly love even fucking argues as to which is better Geno's or Pat's and they're right across the street from one another!!!

Fuck the Eagles, fuck their fans, fuck the city and while we're at it, fuck me too!!! :D

*note to self* anger management much?

MAX
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I think Kolb is an upgrade over McNabb. The dude is a passer with much better accuracy than McChunky. We will find out soon enough.

Yeah, that Kolb kid's a much better choice than a proven winner. :rolleyes: As Craig already pointed out prior, the eagles problems aren't (make that weren't) with the quarterback.

Mr Walker
04-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Brandon Marshall is going to Miami for a second rounder in this year's draft and possibly a second rounder in 2011.

POJO_Risin
04-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Pittsburgh should trade Roethlisberger....

Mr Walker
04-16-2010, 08:39 AM

If the 49ers could swing that deal they would no doubt win the NFC West.

Mr Walker
04-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I was listening to the Sirius Blitz while I was out running errands during lunch and heard that the Dolphins are sending Ted Ginn Jr to the 49ers for an unspecified pick in the later rounds.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-16-2010, 01:28 PM
yup, and boller is a raider.

chefcraig
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I was listening to the Sirius Blitz while I was out running errands during lunch and heard that the Dolphins are sending Ted Ginn Jr to the 49ers for an unspecified pick in the later rounds.

Good riddance, the guy was an overpaid bust. Thanks a bunch Cam, for drafting Ginn and his family. You moron. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-mad-smileys-264.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Jumping-Smileys/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Nx0BiO6Zc

redblkwht
04-16-2010, 11:17 PM
I read the whole thing from dropping the pants to the cops blocking the bathroom
while he did her in a stall.this guy is beyond an asshole.
That was Insane, the Steelers should just cut him.

Little Texan
04-17-2010, 02:17 AM

Et tu, Pojo? Wow, even a diehard Steelers fan like Pojo thinks it's time to get rid of Rapistburger...damn, I never thought I'd see that.

Little Texan
04-17-2010, 02:20 AM
Pittsburgh should trade Ben to the Rapers...er, Raiders. :biggrin: That would be punishment enough...or send him to NFL Siberia...Detroit. :hee:

Little Texan
04-17-2010, 02:31 AM
I read the whole thing from dropping the pants to the cops blocking the bathroom
while he did her in a stall.this guy is beyond an asshole.
That was Insane, the Steelers should just cut him.

This guy obviously has issues, and there's been too many women coming forward lately claiming that Rapistburger raped them for it not to be true. You know the old saying, where there's smoke there's fire. Rapistburger is a great NFL QB, but he seems to be an even bigger shitheel of a human being off the field, and he's becoming a liability for the Steelers organization. I agree...they should either trade him on draft day for some picks or just plain cut him.

Little Texan
04-17-2010, 02:38 AM
If the Steelers were to trade Rapistburger, what kind of trade value does he have now considering all of this off the field baggage he carries with him?

Little Texan
04-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Sorry for the serial posting. I'm channeling my inner Nitro Express! :biggrin:

Doctor Dude
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Pittsburgh should trade Ben to the Rapers...er, Raiders. :biggrin: That would be punishment enough...or send him to NFL Siberia...Detroit. :hee:

You know what Al Davis is like. He would pick up Rapistburger in a heartbeat just to thumb his nose at the rest of the league.

Little Texan
04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Rapistberger-Kick-him-out-of-the-NFL/10150138084960858#!/pages/Ben-Rapistberger-Kick-him-out-of-the-NFL/10150138084960858?v=wall

PETE'S BROTHER
04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
the schedule gets announced today!

Mr Walker
04-20-2010, 01:13 PM

Fuck that... Detroit is turning their shit around.
Stafford is bad-ass!
I saw the NFL films version of Stafford putting himself back in the game after separating his shoulder and throwing a TD pass with no clearance from the sideline.
I was very fucking impressed... impressed enough to call Von Halen and tell him to get me a Stafford jersey, but the cheap fuck ignored my request.

Mr Walker
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Looks like a Jason Taylor/NY Jets deal is going to happen... in related news, Fireman Ed just smacked his wife and kicked his dog!

chefcraig
04-20-2010, 05:45 PM
ESPN just announced this on the air 5 minutes ago...

Source: Steelers trade draft pick for Leftwich

As Ben Roethlisberger awaits word on his probable suspension, the Pittsburgh Steelers have traded for another quarterback who could wind up starting on opening day.

The Steelers acquired their former quarterback Byron Leftwich from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in Saturday's draft, according to a team source.

Leftwich could well be the Steelers' starter in their regular-season opener. Pittsburgh also has quarterbacks Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon, but Leftwich knows the offense and organization well. He backed up Roethlisberger in 2008 when the Steelers won a Super Bowl before he left to sign as a free agent with Tampa Bay.

The latest NFL trade also leaves Tampa Bay with 12 picks in this weekend's draft, which ties the New England Patriots for most in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5119960

Sources: McNabb open to T.O. in D.C. :confused13:

By Ed Werder and Sal Paolantonio
ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5118016)

Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb has encouraged the team's coaching staff to consider signing free-agent wide receiver Terrell Owens, despite the acrimony that marked their time as Philadelphia Eagles teammates, according to multiple sources.

Coach Mike Shanahan said the Redskins are not actively pursuing Owens. A team source said the Redskins have made upgrading their wide receiver position a high priority, but prefer to avoid bringing Owens into their locker room if another solution can be found.

A source close to McNabb said the quarterback and Owens recently talked about the possibility of reuniting while shooting an episode for the television show "Pros vs. Joes" in Los Angeles. The episode, schedule to air in July, features McNabb and Owens playing on the same basketball team.

These are strange days in the NFC East -- not only is Donovan McNabb now wearing burgundy and gold, he's reportedly encouraging a reunion with old friend Terrell Owens. Matt Mosley isn't sure that's such a good idea.

Whatever potential there is for a McNabb-Owens reunion would serve to further heighten interest this year in the two regular-season games between the NFC East rival Redskins and Eagles. At their pinnacle, McNabb and Owens were Super Bowl teammates; in the end, Owens hinted vaguely that McNabb suffered a failure of nerve that cost Philadelphia a Super Bowl ring and suggested the quarterback contributed to the Eagles releasing him.

Owens spent the 2009 season with the Buffalo Bills, the fourth team of his NFL career, finishing with the worst stats of his career as a starter.

Although Owens is widely viewed as a player in decline, Shanahan's first minicamp with the Redskins provided some insight into the Redskins' concerns at that position. Veterans Jerry Porter and Marques Hagans participated, and the team on Monday signed Hagans and Roydell Williams, who hasn't played since 2007 with the Tennessee Titans.

The Redskins are a four-win team with limited resources to acquire talent in this week's NFL draft. Trading a second-round pick to the NFC East rival Eagles for McNabb left the Redskins with an NFL-low four picks.

The Redskins have the No. 4 overall pick on Thursday, and Shanahan and Redskins general manager Bruce Allen will have to get creative to improve their roster. There is potential for the team to trade the fourth pick, defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth and former starting quarterback Jason Campbell, which could open the door for them to sign Owens.

While with the Denver Broncos, Shanahan was among the few coaches interested in signing Owens after the Eagles released the receiver. The two met and Shanahan was willing to offer him a contract.

But Shanahan was wary of Owens' problems with his two previous teams and wanted to structure the deal with limited guaranteed money so that the team could financially control his behavior if necessary. Shanahan considered it an enormous mistake when the Dallas Cowboys provided Owens with a contract that included significant upfront guaranteed money.

Owens has a history of toxic relationships with all of his former quarterbacks, and McNabb was a central figure in one of them, according to Owens' 2006 autobiography, "TO."

With the Eagles cruising along with a 10-1 record in 2004, Owens became increasingly unhappy because McNabb refused to constantly feed him the ball, or simply misjudged where to throw the football -- depending on one's interpretation of events.

On Nov. 28, 2004, at Giants Stadium, Owens finally said something to McNabb in the huddle after a play that was designed to go to Owens but resulted in a short incomplete pass to a running back, according to Owens' book.

Owens wrote that he said, "I was open. Dude, you missed me."

McNabb's reply, according to Owens, was "shut the [bleep] up."

Owens wrote that he was deeply offended by what McNabb said. "I felt like he had no right to talk to me that way," Owens wrote. "After what happened on the play and in the huddle, I began to think that maybe he didn't want a co-host and maybe he didn't like me getting more attention."

From that point on, McNabb and Owens barely spoke to each other -- for the remainder of the 2004 season, throughout the playoffs while Owens was injured and in rehab for a broken leg, and in Jacksonville, Fla., for Super Bowl XXXIX against the New England Patriots.

In spring 2005, Owens refused to go to camp, demanding the Eagles redo his seven-year contract. He lashed out at McNabb, primarily because the leader of the team refused to come to his aid for more cash. Owens also told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli, "I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

After a summer of dysfunction, the 2005 season devolved into a divided locker room that culminated in a fight between Owens and retired defensive end Hugh Douglas, whom coach Andy Reid had just named "team ambassador."

After the fight, on Nov. 7, Reid sent Owens a letter outlining six charges against the receiver and sent Owens home for the remainder of the season. Owens filed a grievance with the players' union and the hearing was scheduled for Nov. 18 at the Marriott.

"[Andy Reid] ended the conversation by telling me to stay by the phone and he would call me back. He called back about an hour later. I don't know who he spoke to, but somebody killed it."

Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter was among those players who did not want to see Owens go. Owens glances over this fact in the book, but anybody who was around the team then knows that there was deep resentment -- some of it not too hidden -- toward McNabb about the way he was treating Owens.

On that team, McNabb was viewed as an extension of Reid, in terms of management, and Trotter and many others had seen the callousness of the front office when it came to contract renegotiations.

During the Super Bowl in Detroit, McNabb claimed in an interview with ESPN's Michael Smith that what Owens did to him amounted to "black-on-black" crime.

But McNabb said something else to Smith that may be far more telling about the dynamics within the Eagles' locker room back then.

"It put something in the back of my mind that you really learn a lot about people when things aren't going good," McNabb told Smith. "Comments, answers to questions, reactions -- you learn about people. I'm not here to call players out. They know who they are. That nobody really came to my defense, that showed me something."

Mr Walker
04-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Some details are starting to leak concerning the 2010 NFL schedule... so far the best thing I heard is that there will be a Sunday Night NFL Game on the same night as the World Series.
That always pissed me off... the season would just be picking up some steam and then 'boom', no Sunday Night game because of gay baseball. Fuck them this year! Good for Goodell!
BTW if you haven't heard... that game will be Saints vs. Steelers... fuck MLB!

twonabomber
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
that game may not be worth a shit if Rapistbeger is still suspended...

kwame k
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Scuttlebutt is, he's going to sit out 4 to 6 games.....unconfirmed as of yet, though.

twonabomber
04-21-2010, 04:37 PM
it was confirmed before i left work at 2 pm...six games.

kwame k
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Yup, just got the update!

NEW YORK (AP)—Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) was suspended for six games without pay Wednesday for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy and ordered to undergo behavioral evaluation.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Goodell said the league’s conduct policy gave him the right to impose discipline regardless of whether he broke the law.

“I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you,” he said in his letter to the two-time Super Bowl winner, a six-year veteran.

“My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans.”

Roethlisberger must undergo a “comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals” and may not attend any team offseason activities until that evaluation is completed.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ap_vein6GAuMGEuZ_6FIFVZDubYF?slug=ap-roethlisberger-suspension)

twonabomber
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
maybe they can send him to the same pussy rehab that Tiger is in.

kwame k
04-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Total bullshit! He wasn't charged with anything, right?

twonabomber
04-21-2010, 05:02 PM
correct.

remember, this is the No Fun League. fucking younger girls in nightclub bathrooms is not allowed.

i am kind of enjoying this, only because the one Stiller fan at work looked like he was gonna cry when they announced it.

kwame k
04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Well yeah! A Super Bowl Champion quarterback has to sit out damn near half a season! If you're a Pitts fan this sucks!

MAX
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I think Big Ben got a slap on the wrist and it could've been much worse. I'll bet even Poj agrees.

kwame k
04-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Really? As far as the law or the Commissioner goes.......

I guess they have a moral clause or minimum standard to uphold but if the girl was 20 years old and there were no criminal charges pressed, I can't see why the NFL even got involved.

Honestly, I haven't even kept up on this story, I just know now I won't pick Big Ben in any of my fantasy leagues ;)

MAX
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Really? As far as the law or the Commissioner goes.......

I guess they have a moral clause or minimum standard to uphold but if the girl was 20 years old and there were no criminal charges pressed, I can't see why the NFL even got involved.

Honestly, I haven't even kept up on this story, I just know now I won't pick Big Ben in any of my fantasy leagues ;)

As far as the personal conduct policy with the NFL. I mean, the law's the law and since he wasn't charged there, fine and I don't have a problem nor really care. I used to play football and I've known many dumbass jarheads in my day. Ben seems like one of 'em. Nonetheless, the NFL's really trying to make their policies more strict in regards to stupid behavior.

redblkwht
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Rumor has the steelers asking for a top 10 pick.
I bet the Raiders do just that at the 8th..

Perfect scenario then Steelers trade both #1's to Rams for the #1 pick..OMG-
WOW...Sam Bradford anyone?? This could indeed happen in 24 hours fellas.

cant wait for the next moves to come..this IS getting incredibly interesting!!!!!

kwame k
04-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah, totally stupid behavior and I see Ben as having that Jock Head mentality, too.

I guess my point is that this ruins the season for Pitts, the fans plus the team and since it was a lapse of judgement only, she was 20 years old, I just see it as being harsh but really, if they want to crack down I behavior, that's up to the NFL.

Fuck, these guys make millions of dollars a season, so if they want to have strict rules........pay me just a million a year and I'll be a Saint, pun intended :biggrin:

Mr Walker
04-22-2010, 09:11 AM
I'd suspend Rapistberger forever for being so pathetic. 2 time Super Bowl winner... six years in the league and he parties with college kids. That's beyond fucking pathetic. I'm no Tom Brady fan but the dude is fucking actresses and super fucking models. Hell... even Kyle Fucking Boller is banging that hot bitch Miss USA that doesn't like fags. Little Ben... King of the Kids. What a fucking loser.

MAX
04-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Has anyone actually read the transcripts from the witnesses or the accuser? I saw both Tom Jackson and Steve Young on ESPN last night and they both said if what's in the reports are actually true, Rapistberger (I like that one Walker!!! :D ) is lucky to be playing at all. I think I'm going to check out the allegations today and see what big ben allegedly did? Judging by his mentality and what both the Rooney's and Roger Goodell stated about the incident, it sounds pretty fucking stupidly awful. :mad:

chefcraig
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Has anyone actually read the transcripts from the witnesses or the accuser?

On April 15, the Smoking Gun website came up with (what the site claims to be) the original handwritten reports filed by the witness. Even the overview sheet (find it here (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0415101roethlisberger1.html)) is really, really disturbing. Interestingly, this same information was repeated almost verbatim the following day by the more "respected" LA Times Newspaper (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/04/roethlisberger.html).

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
That report is very disturbing. Roethlisberger is a piece of shit.

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM
The Dallas Cowboys get Dez Bryant! Talk about an arsenal. The number two offense in the NFL just got a lot better.

Mr Walker
04-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Loved the 'She Said No!' chant when the Steelers were on the clock... Gotta love a New York crowd!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
the pack picks a big cornfed iowegian, go figure. we can use the o-line help, that's for sure.

MAX
04-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Holy Fuckin' Shit!!! My Broncos snagged Tebow? I'm cuntfused as to their strategy at this point and especially in that position? They already signed that bust Quinn. Seriously, I'm beyond cuntfused. Even more that normal. :confused:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 02:44 PM
i think he'll be a great tight end this year. :)

MAX
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe? I have zero fucking clue as to what they're fucking attempting?

MAX
04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Again, I'm beyond fucked up with the Brady Quinn signing, I mean, WTF was the point of that one?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
and they still have dingleberry orton, right?

MAX
04-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, but don't you know that us Bronco fans are supposed to be "Supporton Orton?" :biggrin:

Mr Walker
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe? I have zero fucking clue as to what they're fucking attempting?

Job security for Daniels... he'll sell Bowlen on the fact that he can turn Tebow into Brady/Cassell if he has a few years (3 or 4) to slowly develop him.

MAX
04-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Job security for Daniels... he'll sell Bowlen on the fact that he can turn Tebow into Brady/Cassell if he has a few years (3 or 4) to slowly develop him.

Cassell's doin' great on his own with KC isn't he? Good points though.

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Holy Fuckin' Shit!!! My Broncos snagged Tebow? I'm cuntfused as to their strategy at this point and especially in that position? They already signed that bust Quinn. Seriously, I'm beyond cuntfused. Even more that normal. :confused:

You ain't alone here. The entire ESPN staff (including Ron Jaworski, which tells you something) are shaking their heads over it. I really don't see hiring a guy that high in the draft, then paying him a boatload of money to sit around or hold a clipboard for years. I hope McDaniels knows what he's doing, because for that kind of money the guy better get on the field pretty quickly.

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Some people had Tebow graded as a fifth round pick. I thought he might go late 2nd or 3rd. I would have to agree that if you are going to pay 1st round money, you want to see some production. Should be interesting to see how they get him on the field.

Little Texan
04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
The Dallas Cowboys get Dez Bryant! Talk about an arsenal. The number two offense in the NFL just got a lot better.

Now they need to get rid of Roy Williams! That's a hell of a receiving duo...Miles Austin and Dez Bryant.

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-24-2010, 11:54 PM
It doesn't appear Roy will be going anywhere. However, Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have both asked to be traded. I just saw Jerry Jones say they could all end up still being on the roster. I have to believe Hurd would be the odd man out with Kevin Ogletree taking the fifth receiver spot. As much as Cowboys fans want to get rid of Roy, he still had 600 yds receiving and 7 tds last season. Over paid? YES! But everyone has to remember that Witten had over a 1000 yds and so did Miles. Romo threw for 4500 yds. So if we flipped Roys numbers and Austins numbers then everyone would be waiting for Miles to break out. To me, it doesn't matter, as long as I'm not paying the bill. I am happy to have Dez, Roy and Miles. If one of those guys gets hurt, we still have two legit WR'S on the roster. I heard Jerry say pretty much the same thing yesterday. One thing is for sure in Dallas, they have an offense that strikes fear in EVERY team in the NFL, and if anyone says different, they are full of shit.

POJO_Risin
04-25-2010, 09:45 AM

McDaniel can't make a deal on his own, so he watched Belicheck, and took who he thought Belisuck was going to take him...

and they either were...or were trying to lead other teams down the wrong path...which is possible.

POJO_Risin
04-25-2010, 09:55 AM

Well...aside the fact that Brady was a sixth round pick, and a prototypical drop-back passer, and Cassell was a prototypical drop-back passer stuck behind a heisman trophy winner at the #1 program in the country...

Tebow...who regardless of his holy roller-ness, is as dumb as a rock. Have you heard the kid talk? He sounds like a fourth grader.

If McDaniel can sell Bowlen on the slow develop, he should be given the commisioners job...

chefcraig
04-25-2010, 09:58 AM
McDaniel can't make a deal on his own, so he watched Belicheck, and took who he thought Belisuck was going to take him...

and they either were...or were trying to lead other teams down the wrong path...which is possible.

Look at what McDaniels has done in a single year, as it's mind-numbing: Drafted Tom Brandstater (who?), traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton, went 8 and 8, dumped Brandon Marshall and now picks Tim Tebow in the first round of the draft. I guess you could say this is vaguely Belichick-like. It's also astonishingly nebulous with regard to any evidence of an actual plan.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 01:20 PM
i like this quote..

Okay, let's get this straight. The Bears trade pretty much everything, up to and including George Halas' first leather helmet, for quarterback Jay Cutler(notes). They have needs all over their roster, despite a very active free agency plunge. And in their draft, which didn't start until the 75th overall pick, they spend one of their five picks on ... Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour, who refused to throw at the combine because he wasn't familiar with the receivers. Ouch, guys.
:hee:

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Tebow...who regardless of his holy roller-ness, is as dumb as a rock. Have you heard the kid talk? He sounds like a fourth grader.

This might actually work then cos McDaniels looks like he's in fourth grade.

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's statement Monday regarding the six-game suspension given him last week by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell:

"The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me -- and more.

"Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

"I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-2/ben-roethlisberger-drunk-2.jpg

SilvioDante
04-26-2010, 05:52 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's statement Monday regarding the six-game suspension given him last week by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell:

"The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me -- and more.

"Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

"I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire.

...and this time he means it!!!

Little Texan
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-2/ben-roethlisberger-drunk-2.jpg

That girl on the left looks like a young Hillary Clinton. I've seen better looking women than those skanks in that picture. You would think a famous, multi-millionaire athlete could find some better tail than that, and wouldn't have to resort to rape to get him some pussy, even if he's nothing to look at himself.

redblkwht
04-28-2010, 03:36 AM
nah, they all look like high school chics too..what a dumbdick. his shirt says it all (h.s. like) lol

MAX
04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
nah, they all look like high school chics too..what a dumbdick. his shirt says it all (h.s. like) lol

lmao @ "dumbdick!!!" :lmao:

chefcraig
05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
This twit was a bust for the Cowboys, but the Bengals must see something in him. I sure don't. :umm:

Pacman Jones back in the NFL with Bengals

Pacman Jones agreed to a deal with the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, NFL.com and the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

Jones worked out for the Bengals earlier this week, and the sides had been discussing terms of a deal. He hasn't played in the NFL since 2008. He sat out last season and was suspended for the 2007 season and for six games of the 2008 season.

The Enquirer reported the deal is for two years at the league minimum salary (about $630,000), with the potential to earn more in incentives.

Jones said last week he wanted to return to the NFL. Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer worked with Jones when the two were in Dallas and told the team's website he will hold Jones accountable for his actions.

"I'll be on him at all times," Zimmer said. He added that Jones "looked me in the eye and shook my hand" that he would conduct himself with more discipline.

Zimmer said Jones will not be competing for a starting spot. -- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/pacman-jones-back-in-the-nfl-with-bengals/1

MAX
05-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Pacman Jones back in the NFL with Bengals

Um and yes this will work out well... ;)

Wonder what Ocho Cinco's thoughts are regarding this? lmao

chefcraig
05-19-2010, 06:06 PM
How come I am not surprised by this?

Brandon Marshall has surgery, out until Dolphins training camp

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Brandon Marshall (FSY) will be sidelined until at least the start of Miami Dolphins training camp while he recovers from an undisclosed surgery.

The wide receiver has been rehabbing, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said.

Sparano would not disclose the nature of the surgery, saying only that it was something the team did not expect when it acquired the wide receiver from the Denver Broncos. (Gee, ya think? :umm:)

Marshall didn't participate in an offseason practice with his new team Wednesday, instead working out on an exercise bike before watching his new teammates participate in on-field drills.

Marshall would not disclose the nature of the injury, deferring that question to Sparano.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/dolphins/2010-05-19-brandon-marshall_N.htm

MAX
05-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Judas priest...

Well, if the fins can tame his wild ass, he could be decent cos there's no questioning his talent. Prob is, he's a punk ass, spoiled, bitch!!!

chefcraig
05-19-2010, 06:35 PM
That's just it...I'm pretty sure he had surgery last year at this time, which was the start of the general weirdness between him and Josh McDaniels. Next thing you know, after asking to be traded, him and Josh were doing that creepy Eddie Van Halen/soul mate thing, which for all means and purposes ended after what, 1/3 of the way into the season? And we know how things pretty much went south after that.

Fingers crossed. By the way, word has it that the Raiders have passed on Terrell Owens. Imagine how bad your stock has dropped when even Oakland doesn't want you at this point. :headlights:

MAX
05-19-2010, 10:16 PM
That's just it...I'm pretty sure he had surgery last year at this time, which was the start of the general weirdness between him and Josh McDaniels. Next thing you know, after asking to be traded, him and Josh were doing that creepy Eddie Van Halen/soul mate thing, which for all means and purposes ended after what, 1/3 of the way into the season? And we know how things pretty much went south after that.

Well, before we even prolong any further conversation's regarding McDaniels (cos goodness knows, I haven't the faintest idea what goes on within that beedy 'lil mind of his?) we should wait until Kristi chimes in? She seems to be the Army's resident self appointed know all regarding anything Broncos. lol

By the way, word has it that the Raiders have passed on Terrell Owens. Imagine how bad your stock has dropped when even Oakland doesn't want you at this point. :headlights:

LMFAO!!! Well, I figured T.O. was down the proverbial NFL shittah when he was shipped off to Buffalo anyway. Nevertheless, when Granma Al's living zombie corpse passes for his Resthome Quivverin' Crack squad, all hope's lost. :lmao:

GAR
05-20-2010, 03:22 AM
The RAIDERS suck mightily of the poop-stick. And RaiderNATION suck on that thing like a soda-straw of FAIL.

That is all. /rant

MAX
05-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Saw that Santana Moss is now being called out for juicing?? When are these fuckers ever going to learn?

PETE'S BROTHER
06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
awwwww, JEZUHZ H. !!

LAKE DELTON - Two women told authorities a Green Bay Packers player raped them in a resort condo Saturday morning.
The player, whose name is being withheld by the Lake Delton Police Department, denies the accusation and says the sex was consensual.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has reported that three unnamed sources familiar with the case say the player under investigation is second-year cornerback Brandon Underwood.
"At this point, we can't say whether it's totally credible or totally uncredible," said Police Chief Tom Dorner about the story provided by the alleged victims. "If we really had good evidence against this person he'd be in jail right now instead of released."
Dorner said he plans to turn over evidence from his department's investigation to the district attorney Tuesday. The district attorney will then decide whether criminal charges should be filed, he said.
Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett declined to comment.
Police say officers responded to a 911 call from the two women just after 4 a.m. Saturday, and were directed to a condo at the Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort on Canyon Road.
Dorner said the women told officers they met the Packers player at a local bar and returned to the condo with him sometime in the early morning. They allege the rape occurred in a room within the condo.
"Originally, (the two women) alleged that there was more than one person involved in the sexual assault," Dorner said, adding that it is unclear why the two women now claim only one Packer was the perpetrator.

http://www.wiscnews.com/portagedailyregister/news/local/article_8249313a-71f8-11df-8079-001cc4c03286.html

chefcraig
06-09-2010, 04:44 PM
As you can imagine, ESPN is playing the crap out of these recordings right now.

Steelers shrug off release of Roethlisberger DVDs

By JOE MANDAK (AP) – 17 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH — DVDs? What DVDs?

That, generally, was the reaction of several Pittsburgh Steelers asked about more than 50 audio recordings and DVDs released Wednesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation from its investigation of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a college student during a night of partying in the small Georgia town of Milledgeville on March 5. No charges were filed against Roethlisberger, but he did receive a six-game suspension from the NFL for his behavior.

The GBI released DVDs to the media showing video and audio recordings of the interviews that were conducted, along with photos from the scene and surveillance tapes.

The release of the information drew little reaction at the Steelers' minicamp Wednesday.

Roethlisberger didn't take questions and was escorted from the indoor training field on a rainy day by a team spokesman. Wide receiver Hines Ward spent more time talking about a rained-out charity softball game, and safety Troy Polamalu spoke mostly about returning from a season-ending knee injury.

"It's not even something that's being discussed," backup quarterback Charlie Batch said of the release of the investigative information.

Why? "Because it has nothing to do with football," he said.

Willie Colon, the only teammate with Roethlisberger at the Georgia nightclub, said he learned only Wednesday morning that the DVDs, including one of his police interview, were being released to the public, and hasn't had a chance to speak with Roethlisberger about it.

"I had no idea that it was going to be released to the public," Colon said. "So, whatever comes out, comes out and I'm going to go accordingly."

Tight end Heath Miller thought a reporter was asking him about an official team video.

"Oh, I didn't know what you were talking about," Miller said. "I thought you were talking about a highlight DVD or something."

Asked about the DVDs, Polamalu said, "It's the first time I've heard of it."

Polamalu doesn't think players are ignoring the issue specifically. He said athletes just tune out the media — period — an ironic comment from perhaps the most polite, media-friendly member of the Steelers.

"I think it's the nature of any athlete not to pay attention to what the media says, whether it's talking about who's gonna win the game, who's weak, who's good, who's bad ...," Polamalu said.

Ward said he wasn't aware of the DVDs until someone mentioned it to him before he spoke to reporters.

"But it'd be cool kind of to watch and see if you was interested in it but, it's not going to change the fact that he's still suspended," he said. "I mean, so, to be honest it really doesn't matter."

Still, Ward believes the experience — and the suspension — have changed Roethlisberger.

"When you take the game of football away from somebody, it's very humbling," Ward said. "I know he's itching at the bit to get back out on the field and to have success like he's had over the years."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iJAlPa76EqTPwYp6rVlNf5F7H8oQD9G7VEQ80