PDA

View Full Version : "The A Team" Movie - Coming June 11, 2010 -

chefcraig
02-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Since Hollywood producers couldn't come up with an original idea if it bit them on the balls, yet another remake is on it's way to a theater near you. Considering the track record of crummy movies made from tv shows, keep your fingers crossed that this one breaks tradition.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z93AADd2Dpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z93AADd2Dpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 05:38 PM
if they keep reverting, we could end up with silent movies again in a couple of years.:pullinghair:

LoungeMachine
02-24-2010, 05:51 PM
In other startling news.....

spEDCO has announced the re-issue of the original 6-pack on wax cylinder

:gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2010, 06:01 PM
In other startling news.....

spEDCO has announced the re-issue of the original 6-pack on wax cylinder

FUCK! i JUST sold my wax cylinder player.:(

Dan
02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Sweet As.:D

fryingdutchman
02-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow...talk about targeting a specific audience.

That show is way too far out of most people's frame of reference anymore to be even remotely relevant for the big screen.

This has "epic fail" written all over it.

fryingdutchman
02-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Lemme guess....probably some stupid cameo from Mr. T as an "elder" who tutors the new, hip, young A-Team?

:umm:

Unchainme
02-24-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm unsure of this.

I think taking out the campy-feeling and replacing it with a more action packed type of thing is a risky move. I mean thats a huge part of what made the show what it is.

On the other hand, putting oskar schindler (liam neeson) as hannibal smith looks interesting, he's a great actor and I'd be interested to see how he does in such a role.

And Rampage Jackson as BA Barracus seems interesting as well, though those are some pretty damn big shoes to fill.

I am hoping it doesn't suck as bad as the past Transformers movie which IMO, was about an 1 hour too long

Seshmeister
02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
It's impossible that this won't be complete shit.

Anonymous
02-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Considering the track record of crummy movies made from tv shows, keep your fingers crossed that this one breaks tradition.

Hahahahahahaha, good one, Chef!

Yes, and then they'll make another movie based on some computer game and that won't be a complete and utter messy shit, either.

:lol::rofl::lmao::lol:

Cheers! :bottle:

Dan
02-24-2010, 10:35 PM
I Will Watch It On DVD.:D

LoungeMachine
02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
They have DVDs down there?

who knew?

Running water too?

Dan
02-24-2010, 10:53 PM
And Sheep Too.:D

Cheers.:bottle:

High Life Man
02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Mr. T has said he has absolutely no part in this movie.

Seshmeister
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah but it will still be shit. :)

Dr. Love
02-25-2010, 12:17 AM
wuuuuuut

binnie
02-25-2010, 04:33 AM
It's impossible that this won't be complete shit.

And yet we'll all watch it, so they'll get our money anyway....

Seshmeister
02-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Well the teenagers will and that's all Hollywood cares about these days.

Personally I would rather watch Dr Love's avatar. :)

The problem with saying that of course is when he changes it later and then someone digs up this post.

Dr. Love
02-25-2010, 10:14 AM
all by design

army_no_arms
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Unreleased footage from the new A-Team movie that may convince you to see it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WyfhzqhJNbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WyfhzqhJNbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

army_no_arms
02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Dr. Love, who is the girl in that gif? I have got to see more of her work.

chefcraig
02-25-2010, 01:05 PM

If you are at work, try a Google (safe) search under the name Shay Laren. I'm 99% sure that is the model's name. ;)

Anonymous
02-25-2010, 02:11 PM
And yet we'll all watch it, so they'll get our money anyway....

No, we won't.

But since they never - well, VERY rarely they did - got muy money anyway, I don't think they'll mind.

Fuck it, who watches films anymore?

It's all about MMOs (http://www.lotro.com/) and REALLY EXTREME pr0n (http://www.gggsexbox.com/) nowadays.

Meloves teh intarwebz!

Cheers! :bottle:

Nickdfresh
02-25-2010, 07:43 PM
I cuntcur with Sesh. A shitty TV (but occasionally mildly entertaining when I'm bored on Saturday afternoon kind of thing) series will probably make a shitty film that will fail to engender nostalgia in the original viewers all grown up and fail to generate a new audience...

Dr. Love
02-25-2010, 08:05 PM

what girl? I only see tits.

Dan
02-25-2010, 08:48 PM
How Rude.:D

lutherdclooney
06-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Though A-Teamis not an original idea then it is great fun and as much fun as the TV series was. If people see it as itis - a fun action comedy - then they wil have a good time watching Liam Neeson as General Hannibal who smokes cigars every time something goes well. Bradley Coopers plays Face and loosk like a young Dean Martin (http://www.hamptonstephens.com) while Sharlto Copley plays Murdock who is the nutty pilot. Rampage plays Mr T but somehow it doesnt go as well as expected though he does it well. The movie is fast moving and is great fun to watch like when Murdock accidentally with his helicopter pushes to an aircondition unit that goes down right into Mr T's GMC van and split it 2 halves - and you can see Mr T's face is totally ruined by that sight. :)
I think that even fans of the TV series wil be pleased with this movie because it quite faithfully portrays the characters like in the original TV series were. Especially Liam Neeson is very close to General Hannibal's acting style in the original series.
Since it is pure action and comedy then anyone can see it whether they have seen the TV series or not - it is just good entertainment.

sadaist
06-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Saw this last weekend with my step-dad. Was actually quite awesome. If you want a deep plot, story line & good character building...see something else. If you like non-stop crazy action, see this. I love movies where deeply detailed plans work out. Similar in Oceans 11, except with explosions. The intricate plans that you never expect to happen.

If you just want to relax & have some brainless fun...this movie is cool.

Seshmeister
06-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Note to self, disregard all movie reviews by Sadaist... :)

High Life Man
06-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Went a couple of weeks ago. Suspend any notion of reality.

I had a good time.

Unchainme
07-01-2010, 09:37 PM
popcorn flick, had a good time

nothing more, nothing less.

I do wish that a tv show like this could be on the air, moreso than the shit reality shows that get broadcast every hour.

Jagermeister
07-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I won't go see it at the theater but I will buy it on BlueRay.