PDA

View Full Version : Strangest/Dumbest/Most Crazy Shit You've Ever Seen at a Concert...

bueno bob
03-03-2010, 07:30 AM
For me, it was at Dokken. They were on the last song of the night, I think it was "It's Not Love" - apparently it WAS love to some degree or another, because to the right of me some dude had a girls back up against the stage, her skirt hiked up, panties down and was just sticking it to her like nobody's business. Don and Mick even mentioned something about it.

Yours?

binnie
03-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Watching some guy take a dump in a carrier bag and hurling it towards the stage during Good Charlotte's set at a festival I was at in 2003 would rank as one of the most disturbing.

In 1998 I was at the first Ozzfest in England. Korn were then at their zenith, and were set to play. They pulled out for some reason at the last minute, so there were ten's of thousands of paisty 15 years old kids in Addidas tops walking around. Anyway, about halfway through Slayer's set I caught site of some huge guy picking up one of said 15 year olds by his shirt and screaming, and I mean SCREAMING, the lyrics to Mandatory Suicide into his face. I've never seen anyone look so frightened.

binnie
03-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Cool idea for a thread, Bob.

bueno bob
03-03-2010, 07:56 AM
LMAO!

I imagine that kid shit his pants on the spot, lol....

Yeah, I figure I should probably come up with at least two or three decent threads a year, you know...this should catch me up and get me current to 2007, I think.

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-03-2010, 08:10 AM
For me, it was at Dokken. They were on the last song of the night, I think it was "It's Not Love" - apparently it WAS love to some degree or another, because to the right of me some dude had a girls back up against the stage, her skirt hiked up, panties down and was just sticking it to her like nobody's business. Don and Mick even mentioned something about it.

Yours?

Must have looked sweet during "It's Not Love".

bueno bob
03-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Must have looked sweet during "It's Not Love".

Wasn't a bad way to end the show. She kept losing her balance on my side, and she kinda caught my eye at one point - I figured "Fuck it", reached out and hooked her left leg behind her knee and just lifted her leg up. Seemed to do the trick. For both of them.

Never let it be said that we, as a people, are above community assistance for those less able to assist themselves.

Jack68
03-03-2010, 09:40 AM
On the Achtung baby tour in the parking lot of giants stadium some scalper came around and was just asking an insane amount.The facsimile of the Manchester United soccer club was next to us and they poiltely said no,followed him to the portajohn right across from us and tipped it over.Blue chemical, piss ,shit everything all over this guy.Fucking hilarious.
Runner up was Leslie West smoking crack in the parking lot next to my car before a show.

sonrisa salvaje
03-03-2010, 10:34 AM
A friend of mine went to see Accept on the Balls to the Wall tour in Atlanta. He passed out and when he woke up, the arena was completely empty. He had to find a janitor to let him out of the building. When he got home he realized he had footprints all over his back where people had walked over him.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-03-2010, 11:47 AM
At JFK in Philly, which is no longer there, 1987 Pink Floyd show, Floyd went on before 90% of the people had entered the stadium and the natives became very restless. They didn't have hardly any gates open and as 10,000 or more fans would run to the next gate only to be denied entrance again, Echoes rang out through the air. I look up and there is a bare chested guy climbing to the top of a 15 or 20ft barbwire fence, rolls over the top with his chest on the barbwire, flips over 180 degrees and falls 15 to 20ft landing flat on his back. He immediatley gets up with his chest pouring blood and yells FLOOYYD!! as he runs into the stadium.

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Seeing Def Leppard playing to hardly 1,500 people in the arena that holds like 8,000 was a pretty fucking strong experience.

Hardrock69
03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
LMFAO!

Randy Hansen - 1980 Millionaire Tour - Cotillion Ballroom, Wichita, KS

My best friend and I are standing on the floor, he is tripping on acid, I am just high as hell on good weed. Packed house, sold out (2,000 capacity), Randy Hansen blew our minds more than any other guitarist we have ever seen, before or since. It being a ballroom, there are a lot of tables and chairs around the outskirts of the main floor area, as can be seen below:
http://i47.tinypic.com/15i6h06.jpg

So anyway this kid about maybe age 16-18 was standing on a chair he had pulled out into the main floor area. He did I guess to see the show better, but he had a one-hitter bong and was sorta hunched over taking a hit. Right in the middle of taking a hit, a crusty old County Sheriff's Deputy with white hair walks over to him and taps him on the shoulder.

Kid looks up, eyes get wide with terror.

Deputy yells at him above the extreme volume:

"YOU'LL HAVE TO GET DOWN OFF THAT CHAIR! YOU MIGHT FALL AND HURT YOURSELF!"

Kid nods frantically.

Deputy turns and walks away.

As kid is getting down, I yelled at my friend "DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN????"

Then we went back to watching Randy Hansen kick ass!

Last May when I was in Seattle on vacation, Randy was playing at a club in Tacoma called Jazzbones the last night I was up there. I got to the venue about 5 PM just as sound check was ending. Ended up getting to hang with him for about half an hour. Truly nice guy. I got to tell him that story and he cracked up.
:D

One other storytale....in early 1980s I attended one of the annual Kansas City Jam concerts held at Royals Stadium. On the bill that day - Pat Travers, Little River Band, Santana, REO Speedwagon.

Pat Travers played their usual kickass set. Little River Band (I hated their pop crap) came out and blew me away with how good they were. Santana kicked ass.

Just before REO hit the stage, it began to rain. They came out, and as they continued to play, the rain came down harder and harder. Lightning flashed. Thunder roared. Nobody left. There were 65,000 people there. It only would have taken one lightning strike, and thousands of people would have died as we were all soaked to the skin.

They had a power failure, but after awhile fixed it. Then they came out and played the song "Riding The Storm Out". While they were playing the lightning was still flashing in the clouds above the stadium and it was still raining.

They later included that song on a compilation album called "A Decade Of Rock And Roll" released in 1988.

That was wild, but the story is not over.

A friend of mine named Heavy used to be a roadie for Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top. He was there that day and after the set was over we were talking. I told him I had hitch-hiked up there, and he said he and his friend were going to drive back to Wichita (3 hour drive), and said I could ride with them. I found out between the three of us we had only enough money for one tank of gas, which was not enough to make it all the way back.

So this was a Saturday night, and 2 hours later we were in some small podunk town about 3 AM. We pulled up in front of the only gas station, which was closed, thinking we would wait until it opened (if it was even going to on a Sunday) and see if we could beg some gas from the owner.

About 10 minutes after we got there, a sheriff's car pulls up and the deputy gets out. He of course asked what we were doing there, and we explained we were out of gas, had no money, and were trying to figure out what to do.

Of course we thought he was going to try to bust us or fuck with us somehow.

Instead he said "Well, my brother-in-law owns this gas station, let me call him up and see what he will do".

Long story even longer - his brother-in-law came down, turned the pumps on, let us fill our tank, and then told us he hoped we had a safe journey. We wanted his name and address so we could send him payment, but he absolutely refused.

We drove out of that town, again saying to each other "Did that really happen?".

And there are numerous tales of naked chicks at rock concerts, lol.

hambon4lif
03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Jack Russell bumming a few bucks from me and my friends for 'gas money' in the parking lot after a Great White show in '84. It was a WTF? moment. I was young and stupid and under the impression that these guys made more in one night than most people do all year, and it was a harsh wake-up call that maybe being a 'rock star' wasn't so damn glamorous. That moment stuck in my mind all through school whenever I would contemplate dropping out and frightened me back to my senses. That $2.00 went a long way and did more than any after-school special could ever do.....so "Thanks once again, Jack!".

There's bizarre moments and highlights from alot of shows I've been to. One of the strangest mind-warping memories was Aerosmith/Skid Row at the L.A. Forum in '90. We had seats right next to some nasty skank who was bent over holding onto the seat in front of her while her boyfriend and his buddy were tag-teaming her from the back. What made it hard to ignore was the loud queefs that were ripping from this broads gash. The nauseating kind that bring up the gag reflex when you hear them....it sounded like a 300-pound duck crying for help. We were just hoping it didn't catch attention from security, 'cause we were burning some weed. It was really hard to hold in a toke when the bitch next to you is sounding off like a foghorn.
When they finished, she pulls up her pants and starts dancing like it never happened...and even had the fucking nerve to bitch at us for smoking weed. I just laughed at her and blew hits in her face.

crazy shit!

PETE'S BROTHER
03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
i was at an ozzy concert at the dane county colesium years ago and we saw a guy try to jump from the side seats onto the stage and miss. i think he fell like 30 feet or sumthin'

chefcraig
03-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I was at a KISS show in 1977, at a time when the roadies simply used to attach a row of guitar picks to a long piece of masking tape stuck to the microphone stand. At the end of the show, Gene Simmons took the tape and heaved it into the audience, where it promptly landed on some poor unsuspecting kid's back. Within seconds, he was pummeled by about 20 people who wanted a souvenir of the show. Poor bastard (who come to think of it, just happened to look exactly like Milhouse from the Simpsons) never knew what hit him.

Oh, and yes...I did get one. :biggrin:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/48/bmill.png (http://img535.imageshack.us/i/bmill.png/)

sadaist
03-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Watching some guy take a dump in a carrier bag and hurling it towards the stage during Good Charlotte's set at a festival I was at in 2003 would rank as one of the most disturbing.

Was that to try & repel all the shit that Good Charlotte was throwing at the crowd?

I remember once when Chris Rock had the "pleasure" of introducing these clowns at the MTV awards or something where they were to play. Classic line. He said "Good Charlotte? More like mediocre Green Day". PWND!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-03-2010, 09:33 PM

Boy you Brits really know how to party... ;)

Terry
03-03-2010, 10:43 PM
One of the first concerts I ever went to, Black Sabbath w/ Ian Gillan (w/ Quiet Riot opening) in 1983.

An arena security guard is standing in one of the aisles during the show. Two girls walk up to him and ask if he has a lighter they can use. He gives it to them. One of the girls takes a hypodermic needle out of her purse, uses the lighter to heat the tip for several moments, gives the lighter back to the guard, thanks him then the girls walk away.

Little under a year later and I'm at an Aerosmith show. Same arena. First tour in several years with Joe Perry back in the band. The reunion tour they did in 1984 before Done With Mirrors was recorded. During Aerosmith's set in the middle of the floor seating area a massive fight broke out which looked like it involved several rows of people. Brawling badly. Nobody stopped the show. The band kept playing, even though the fighting went on for about ten minutes...it started to feel like a riot was gonna erupt. All of a sudden we saw a large chain being swung over someone's head, followed by a baseball bat being swung over someone else's head. Shortly after that the brawl started getting closer to the stage. Only THEN did security step in and stop the fight.

Steven Tyler kept swigging from beer bottles throughout the set, at one point falling down onstage. He didn't QUITE collapse, but he got up very slowly. He was in rough fucking shape. Sounded half-dead, vocal-wise. Perry wasn't playing too well, either.

Mr Badguy
03-04-2010, 07:49 AM
At The Cult a couple of years ago, Ian Astbury had a bunch of tambourines that he was throwing out to the crowd one every couple of songs. He started fucking around with them, throwing them up in the air and catching them and stuff. Then, obviously without too much foresight, he threw one up in the air and booted it as it came down, probably hoping it would punt up towards the back of the crowd. Did it fuck. He volleyed it full force straight into the face of some bird in the front row. When the song finished he spent about five minutes apologising and trying to pass it off as "it`s a Rock n Roll show and anything can happen". What a fuckwit.

bueno bob
03-04-2010, 05:39 PM
There was this guy in a wheelchair we were waiting in line with at Van Halen ca. '93 or so...he was convinced that he was going to get to the front of the stage with us. He did - approximately 40 seconds after Vince Neil began to open the stage, him and his wheelchair got pulled out over the heads of audience by security after he'd been climbed over and otherwise trampled. Not entirely surprising, as he said he was fully expecting it to happen, lol...

Gotta give the guy credit, balls of steel for sure...

Terry
03-04-2010, 09:47 PM
At The Cult a couple of years ago, Ian Astbury had a bunch of tambourines that he was throwing out to the crowd one every couple of songs. He started fucking around with them, throwing them up in the air and catching them and stuff. Then, obviously without too much foresight, he threw one up in the air and booted it as it came down, probably hoping it would punt up towards the back of the crowd. Did it fuck. He volleyed it full force straight into the face of some bird in the front row. When the song finished he spent about five minutes apologising and trying to pass it off as "it`s a Rock n Roll show and anything can happen". What a fuckwit.

Fucking TAMOURINES?!

Gayness.

BITEYOASS
03-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Strangest thing I've ever seen at a concert: At a DLR band concert back in July of 2001in Las Vegas, I saw this woman with fake tits the size of volleyballs walk by. I was so distracted that I spilled my whiskey.

Dumbest thing: At the same concert, some dumbass audience tried to throw a bottle at Dave and missed. And Dave responded by saying this....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YeD9A7Kous&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YeD9A7Kous&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-05-2010, 12:22 AM
G-N-R warming up for Aerosmith in 88 0r 89 in the Poconos Pa, general admission. I was down front toward the end of G-N-R's set and the crowd down front, of probably 10 to 15 thousand are pushing forward, then backward, then to one side then to the next, each time moving about 5 or 6ft and the girl next to me is crying and terrified. I grabbed her to hold her up and screamed to her DO NOT FALL, DON"T FALL, HOLD ON. If anyone would have gone down they would have been trampled under foot. I think it was shortly after or right before that gig when Aerosmith, Deep Purple, and G-N-R played the Meadowlands in NJ and two people did get trampled to death down front. The Paradise City video is from THAT show. I believe it was 88.

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-05-2010, 12:25 AM
I was at the show at the Keswick Theatre when Dave sliced his face open during the encore of Jump. That bad motherfucker finished the show just spewing blood everywhere. Props to our boy.

Seshmeister
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Strangest thing I've ever seen at a concert: At a DLR band concert back in July of 2001in Las Vegas, I saw this woman with fake tits the size of volleyballs walk by. I was so distracted that I spilled my whiskey.

Dumbest thing: At the same concert, some dumbass audience tried to throw a bottle at Dave and missed. And Dave responded by saying this....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YeD9A7Kous&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YeD9A7Kous&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The best thing about Roth in situations like that is the big grin.

Compare to angry little Axl or Bach etc...

WACF
03-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Saw Opeth in a 1000 seat club.

After the last song...they said they were going to stand at the back as the stage and see how crazy we would get for an encore.
They could not leave because the backstage invoved walking out the back door into an alley in a questionalbe part of town...during winter on a fucking cold night...-30 C.

They stand there and some clown throws a shoe and nails Mikael Åkerfeldt right in the face.

The guy was a class act...he came forward...said that is not the way to get more songs but the way of cunts...he was pissed.

He could of left...but instead said he did not see the point in wrecking the night for anyone else...and they continued to play.

The guy that threw the shoe made his way past us a few minutes later...rather bloodied and looking scared as hell.

Opeth earned even more respect...alot of other bands would of walked.

bueno bob
03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Saw Opeth in a 1000 seat club.

After the last song...they said they were going to stand at the back as the stage and see how crazy we would get for an encore.
They could not leave because the backstage invoved walking out the back door into an alley in a questionalbe part of town...during winter on a fucking cold night...-30 C.

They stand there and some clown throws a shoe and nails Mikael Åkerfeldt right in the face.

The guy was a class act...he came forward...said that is not the way to get more songs but the way of cunts...he was pissed.

He could of left...but instead said he did not see the point in wrecking the night for anyone else...and they continued to play.

The guy that threw the shoe made his way past us a few minutes later...rather bloodied and looking scared as hell.

Opeth earned even more respect...alot of other bands would of walked.

Awesome story! I've seen Opeth about five times now - Mike's a class act and they are such a tight band live. Inevitably, though, there always seems to be a knucklehead in attendance that wants to start some shit with them; I don't know why shit like that happens, I can't ever be bothered to spend money on a concert I obviously don't wanna be at...

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
The best thing about Roth in situations like that is the big grin.

There's no comparison.

Axl is a pussy and Bach is an idiot. Period.

Anonymous
03-05-2010, 01:13 PM

That's not fair. In Bach's case, the glass did hit him.

And credit where credit is due. He actually tried to go on with the concert & used what happened to get into "Piece of Me".

However, neither you nor I know how much he was hurting. And for some people, pain can lead you to really fight back blindly. I know 'cos I'm one of them.

He probably tried to ignore it, but the pain was making his blood boil. Look at his head, for fuck's sake.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RlL5X8toXmw&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RlL5X8toXmw&hl=pt_PT&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Cheers! :bottle:

Seshmeister
03-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I couldn't agree less.

The prick threw something hard into a crowd and then jumped in feet first.

Anonymous
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I couldn't agree less.

The prick threw something hard into a crowd and then jumped in feet first.

I'm quite sure that if you were in the same situation, you'd have settled the issue in a peaceful, calm, cool headed & mature way.

I, on the other hand, would have kicked that cocksucker's ass. If I would or not throw something hard into a crowd remains to be seen.

Most people don't think straight when they're seriously pissed off because some son of a bitch threw something at their heads AND hit them hard.

Not you, though. You'd calmly assess the situation & informed the proper authorities. You'd probably even forgive the little skidmark.

Can I nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize next year, oh grate Dalai McLama?

PETE'S BROTHER
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
we should all nominate sesh for the peace prize

WACF
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Awesome story! I've seen Opeth about five times now - Mike's a class act and they are such a tight band live. Inevitably, though, there always seems to be a knucklehead in attendance that wants to start some shit with them; I don't know why shit like that happens, I can't ever be bothered to spend money on a concert I obviously don't wanna be at...

I was amazed with Mike's ability to go from a growl to clean so easily...and sound incredible live.

That show was unreal.

Unreal that this shit follows them around...

Seshmeister
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm quite sure that if you were in the same situation, you'd have settled the issue in a peaceful, calm, cool headed & mature way.

I, on the other hand, would have kicked that cocksucker's ass. If I would or not throw something hard into a crowd remains to be seen.

Most people don't think straight when they're seriously pissed off because some son of a bitch threw something at their heads AND hit them hard.

Not you, though. You'd calmly assess the situation & informed the proper authorities. You'd probably even forgive the little skidmark.

Can I nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize next year, oh grate Dalai McLama?

I've no time for big tough guys who knock the teeth out of some innocent girl because they are so hurt and outraged that someone throws something at a gig.

How tough can someone who spends that amount of time doing his hair and looking in the mirror anyway...?

Anonymous
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
How tough can someone who spends that amount of time doing his hair and looking in the mirror anyway...?

HA-HAH! So THAT'S your beef with him. You're one of those that resents Bach for being a good looking AND talented guy.

Dude, get over it. Sebastian is one helluva singer, he turned mediocre "songs" into something listenable.

I seriously don't understand why everyone says he's a fuckin' diva or arrogant, or whatever shit. It MUST be because they resent him for the two reasons above.

You watched Supergroup? Everyone went out to drink & the guy stayed at home working on the track they were writing. Diva.

Jason Bonham had that hand problem, Bach, out of loyalty for the guy, refused to play with any other drummer. Diva.

The agents, or P. R.s, or whatever the fuck they were, wanted Bach to shoot some publicity photos, he told them to fuck off, 'coz he wanted some time to get shaped up & get his voice in condition for the concert. Diva.

Fuck! If it was some other guy, everyone'd be cheering him for his work ethic & dedication.

But it's Bach, he's good looking & has great hair. So, he's a diva.

You think he wanted to hit the girl in the face? Have YOU never done anything while pissed off and/or hot headed that ended up hurting in one way or another someone who had nothing to do with it? You must be the only one.

Bach is an extremely talented & dedicated guy who loves singing. At least that's how I see him.

Plus, his wife gives me a boner.

Seshmeister
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
I've never watched those pretend band programs.

Maybe he's grown up a bit.

No I've never kicked a girl in the face because I was annoyed.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
bach did have some pretty sloppy drunk scenes in that show also. yeah, he had to go out jogging in some 1970's kangaroo tennis shoes. and he looked like that was the first time in years. i'm not sayin' i dislike his singing abilities, but he came across as kind of a headcase. although, ain't one of us that isn't a little tweaked.;)

Diamondjimi
03-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I crossed paths with Bach many times back in the club days in Toronto. Had beers with him on occasion at The Gasworks bar or at house parties. He's a cool dude. Not an egomaniac diva. He seems like the same guy today as he was back then.

He def. reacted the wrong way in the bottle video for sure. He should've got the guy and fed him to the roadies...

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-05-2010, 07:14 PM

Well are you sure about it?

I wouldn't say so 'cause to me it seems like he hasn't touched his hair since his days in Kidd Wikkid and Madam X.

Anonymous
03-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I've never watched those pretend band programs.

Maybe he's grown up a bit.

No I've never kicked a girl in the face because I was annoyed.

I watched because I'm a massive Bach & Anthrax fan. And I was interested in seeing John's son play the drums.

And stop pretending you didn't know what I meant. I never kicked a girl in the face either. But I've done shit when I was pissed off that ended up hurting other people, even if not in a physical sense. It's hard to keep cool-headed all the time, but why the fuck do I bother typing it? You know damn well, you're just pretending you don't.

although, ain't one of us that isn't a little tweaked.;)

Oh, brutha... ain't it the truth.

Who was it that said that if a person doesn't have a "quirk", then it's not interesting?

Whoever it was, you gotta admit that "plain", "normal" people are BORING.

If you ain't a headcase, you got nuthin' interesting to say.

I crossed paths with Bach many times back in the club days in Toronto. Had beers with him on occasion at The Gasworks bar or at house parties. He's a cool dude. Not an egomaniac diva. He seems like the same guy today as he was back then.

He def. reacted the wrong way in the bottle video for sure. He should've got the guy and fed him to the roadies...

Here's a testimony from someone who actually me the guy. Thank you, Jimmy. Yeah, that's the impression I got from him in Supergroup.

Like I said, who the fuck hasn't made a poor judgement of a situation?

Sesh, apparently. But I'd be willing to bet everyone else has done it at least a couple of times in their lives.

If you're wondering why I'm defending Bach so fiercely, well, it irritates me to see such a massive talent wasted without being completely his fault.

It annoys me deeply to see Sebastian misjudged as a diva while everyone worships that piece of shit Bono Vox. What kinda name is Bono Vox, anyway? Fuck that hypocritical cocksucker. THERE'S a diva, if I ever saw one. And a talentless one at that.

It annoys me as much as Stevie Ray Vaughan dying when he could've contributed so much for music all these years, while some hasbeen guitar hero spends his time in seclusion wasting his life contributing nothing.

Diamondjimi
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
What kinda name is Bono Vox, anyway?

It's Gaelic for pompous, narcissistic Asshat.. ;)

chefcraig
03-05-2010, 10:49 PM
It's Gaelic for pompous, narcissistic Asshat.. ;)

Do any of you guys remember the sleeve for the Rolling Stones album Black and Blue? It was a reproduction of the studio log for the recording of the record. Whenever a vocal track had taken place, the word "VOX" was written. I always figured that being a relative simpleton, Bono had a copy of that record and figured that meant where the singer's part went. So he one day was so used to writing that on cassette tape masters that he inadvertently signed it as his name on the contract declaring his name. A further check of history might just reveal this same signature when he went to borrow a plumbing snake or some trimming shears from the local tool rental shop, down the corner.

Bill Lumbergh
03-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Watching a guy finger his girlfriend's ass and pussy with his hand up the back of her miniskirt a few feet in front of me and my buddy at a Rob Zombie show at the San Jose Event Center about a decade ago. Was funny because they thought they were slick as fuck, yet about 10-12 people were staring intently at it. A dude died at a Kiss show I was at in Oakland on the Farewell Tour, unfortunately I didnt get to see it.

Bill Lumbergh
03-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Watching a guy finger his girlfriend's ass and pussy with his hand up the back of her miniskirt a few feet in front of me and my buddy at a Rob Zombie show at the San Jose Event Center about a decade ago. Was funny because they thought they were slick as fuck, yet about 10-12 people were staring intently at it. A dude died at a Kiss show I was at in Oakland on the Farewell Tour, unfortunately I didnt get to see it.

Wish it was Gene....

Antman
03-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Saw Ozzy in 88 at the old New Haven Coliseum. As we're walking up to the arena, there's cop cars everywhere and a huge puddle of blood and i swear to God what looked like brains in said puddle. I asked th po po what happened and he said some guy fell from the parking structure. Anyonw who has been there knows it was a dump and to even drive in to this parking structure was akin to suicide. He must have fell some 60 feet. Cop said he was still alive. I don't know how long for though.

Antman
03-06-2010, 09:40 AM

I guess it really was a farewell tour.

jackassrock
03-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I saw Gene Simmons jump into the crowd swinging at some dude who threw a pocketful of change at him during a song.

It actually was a bit more than that. I was in the 4th row center, and some dude in row 2 was yelling shit at Gene form the get go. The guy got his attention more than once. Then he threw a paper airplane that hit the bass and Gene unfolds it, smirks, shows it to Bruce Kulick, then turns it around so that the people up close to the stage can see. It says,"You Suck, Motley Crue RULES!!", with a little pentagram drawn below. He then pointed straight at the guy, smiled and thanked him for the money he spent to get into the show. This is baffling to me cause where are you gonna get a blank sheet of 8.5x11 paper at an arena show ? Unless, of course, dude had a plan... hopefully it included getting punched in the face in front of thousands.

Don't remember what tune was being played, but Gene wasn't singing when a handfull of change hits him dead on. You could even hear the clanking noise it made when it whacked his bass. At this point you could actually see the wheels turning in Gene's head by the "what the hell am I gonna do about this" expression on his face. Decision made, he drops his bass on the floor without even turning it down, takes two steps and launches at the guy fist first.

Fortunately for everyone nearby, Gene's aim was far better than Bach's.

Golden AWe
03-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Probably the wildest thing I've seen was during a FOO FIGHTERS cuntcert.

They played a triangle solo.

If it was spontaneous, it would be even funnier, but I've heard they did the same prank on several gigs.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0T20GRHEjeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0T20GRHEjeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
03-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Whoever it was, you gotta admit that "plain", "normal" people are BORING.
If you're wondering why I'm defending Bach so fiercely, well, it irritates me to see such a massive talent wasted without being completely his fault.

He's a dumb fuck with a great voice so it's fine if he kicks out the teeth of innocent girls?

Because he was lucky enough to be born with a great voice you give him the fuck innocent people up license.

I don't.

I think he's a stupid person with a great voice.

I've partied to his music but that doesn't mean I have to suck his dumb cock.

32 is far too old to be a fanboy...

thome
03-06-2010, 06:34 PM
He's a dumb fuck with a great voice so it's fine if he kicks out the teeth of innocent girls?

Because he was lucky enough to be born with a great voice you give him the fuck innocent people up license.

I don't.

i was the biggest asshole you have ever seen

so I am at this Crew drag and I am higher than the cats ass in tall cotton..

I had been drinking in the bar at the show the vip thingie ..hair flying and just down where I should never have been.

So The Crew takes the stage and i am on the floor at the very back so i can get the best sound I am allways there fukk the front row mid-range is crap..

So song two 1/2 way into I wip out my -C- mojica and the sound of my harp runs all thru the music and I am playing knee deep in the tune...

I was on time and in key and I still feel like sh!t about it .

I was at leats 200 ft from the stage it was a big hall.

So then the song ends and the people next to were like high fiv and I went back to the vip lounge and drank and told one of the security guys that I was sorry he said it was cool but once again I still feel like sh!t cause it wans't my place to dominate the whole arena with my mojoica...peace.

Anonymous
03-06-2010, 06:45 PM

I never said that. What the fuck? The only thing I said is that I & I'm sure many people have done things while really pissed off & hot headed that later on brought great regrets.

I don't know what he did after. I don't know if he apologized, if he paid, compensated or whatever the fuck.

But here's a documented reaction after yet another not-so-clever move:

In 1989, Bach was heavily criticized for wearing a t-shirt on stage that a fan had thrown to him before he could read it, with the slogan "AIDS Kills Fags Dead" emblazoned on it, (a parody of the insecticide ad slogan, "Raid: Kills Bugs Dead") after realizing what was on the shirt he reportedly took it off and threw it away. Although he made light of the incident in his original apology, Bach has since repeatedly apologized for and disavowed the statement, "That was really stupid and wrong for me to wear that for one half-hour in my life. What nobody brings up is in 2000, when I was in Jekyll & Hyde, and at an auction for Broadway Cares, I donated $12,000 of my own money to fight AIDS."

Orlandoweekly.com - COLUMNS: Rockin' out with Jesus (http://www.orlandoweekly.com/columns/story.asp?id=2935)

OF HIS OWN MONEY - he didn't stage some fuckin' lame ass Fest to raise money for something. He dug out of his pocket. How many celebrities do you know that have done this?

I don't.

Once again, I never did that. I only said that I understand how sometimes one can do things that one lives to regret. I've done it. I've hurt people that I didn't meant to. I regretted later, but the harm was done.

So in your book, I'm a fuckin' piece of shit?

I never think about his cock, so I wouldn't know if it's dumb or not.

To whom was this meant to? I'm not 32 yet & and as far as being a fanboy, I'm not the only one in a David Lee Roth dedicated site.

Nitro Express
03-07-2010, 04:36 AM
The Grateful Dead in Eugene, Oregon. Where to I begin? What a zoo! People went to the grocery store and then stole the shopping carts wheeling them to the venue so there are all these stolen shopping carts full of various things. Every weird thing you can imagine was going on in the parking lot. The most pot I've ever seen smoked at a concert. I'm surrounded by crazy people on acid wailing and flopping around. One hippie chick was nice enough to go topless and she did have a nice pair.

I mean this made a Sex Pistols concert seem tame and boring. LOL!

sadaist
03-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Was at Metallica at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater 1988-89 ish. Parking lot is one lane in, one lane out. Mess all of a party happening pre-show. My buddy & I were sitting in the car and I had my door open. Doing whip-its. The nitrous oxide you can puff if you have a cracker to open it and a large balloon. Anyways, I'm huffing mine and peaking when all a sudden I get a tap on my left knee that's sticking out of the car. San Bernardino Sheriff. I'm blazed and he looks at me dead pan & says..."Don't even think about taking those inside". But his voice was super low & slow motion like the opposite of helium effect. Was awesome!

We did sneak a shitload of them in though. Nothing quite like Leper Messiah and laughing gas.

DlocRoth
03-08-2010, 04:18 AM
Well are you sure about it?

I wouldn't say so 'cause to me it seems like he hasn't touched his hair since his days in Kidd Wikkid and Madam X.

Pot....kettle, Kevin POlack.

Seshmeister
03-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Was at Metallica at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater 1988-89 ish. Parking lot is one lane in, one lane out. Mess all of a party happening pre-show. My buddy & I were sitting in the car and I had my door open. Doing whip-its. The nitrous oxide you can puff if you have a cracker to open it and a large balloon. Anyways, I'm huffing mine and peaking when all a sudden I get a tap on my left knee that's sticking out of the car. San Bernardino Sheriff. I'm blazed and he looks at me dead pan & says..."Don't even think about taking those inside". But his voice was super low & slow motion like the opposite of helium effect. Was awesome!

We did sneak a shitload of them in though. Nothing quite like Leper Messiah and laughing gas.

That's nuts, I never knew people still did that.:)

When laughing gas was first discovered that's exactly how it was used.

People would sit around in cafes and bars laughing their asses off until one day a surgeon had the idea of trying it as an anaesthetic.

Eventually like everything else apart from booze they banned/controlled access to it.

bueno bob
03-08-2010, 10:37 AM
The Grateful Dead in Eugene, Oregon. Where to I begin? What a zoo! People went to the grocery store and then stole the shopping carts wheeling them to the venue so there are all these stolen shopping carts full of various things. Every weird thing you can imagine was going on in the parking lot. The most pot I've ever seen smoked at a concert. I'm surrounded by crazy people on acid wailing and flopping around. One hippie chick was nice enough to go topless and she did have a nice pair.

I mean this made a Sex Pistols concert seem tame and boring. LOL!

LMAO...sounds about right, used to happen every time they played here...

Diamondjimi
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Was at a Slayer show back in 86 @ The Concert Hall in Toronto. A buddy of mine decides he's gonna dive off the balcony onto the crowd below, about 15 ft. above the floor.
So he carefully stands up on the brass rail, gets his balance and in a blink his feet were straight up in the air. He's falling toward the crowd below (who had been watching him) and the bastards parted like the red fuckin sea.
Buddy lands flat on his back, shakes his head and springs to his feet in one swoop and he's right back into the pit slammin and moshing like nothing happened.

I think he was on acid... :biggrin:

sadaist
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
That's nuts, I never knew people still did that.:)

When laughing gas was first discovered that's exactly how it was used.

People would sit around in cafes and bars laughing their asses off until one day a surgeon had the idea of trying it as an anaesthetic.

Eventually like everything else apart from booze they banned/controlled access to it.

Well, this was 20 years ago. But the "high" only lasts about 30 seconds to maybe 1 minute...then back to normal. You could buy cases of them at adult bookstores. They were sold also at some restaurant supply stores for whipping cream canisters. Also had to know how to do it right as to not freeze the neck of the balloon and have it break on you. Slow release of the air took practice. Sure was a lot of fun back in the day though.

http://www.creamright.com/mm5/images/full/ezwhip.jpg

EZ Whip- the famous brand sold in the USA for decades. Now manufactured in Austria , these are the original, highly sought-after EZ Whip chargers. Each cartridge is made of high grade steel with an anodized steel cap and are compatible with nearly all whip cream dispensers. Each charger contains 8 grams of pure nitrous oxide gas. Please follow instructions when using these chargers! Boxes of 24 cartreidges each, 10 boxes per package or 240 chargers

Top Jimmy
03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Wasn't a bad way to end the show. She kept losing her balance on my side, and she kinda caught my eye at one point - I figured "Fuck it", reached out and hooked her left leg behind her knee and just lifted her leg up. Seemed to do the trick. For both of them.

Never let it be said that we, as a people, are above community assistance for those less able to assist themselves.
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Did that really happen or are you just full of shit?

'Cause if this really did take place, your 'assistance' I mean..
that that right there is the fucking POST OF THE YEAR!