PDA

View Full Version : Saw "Shutter Island."

Blackflag
03-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Had potential, then the ending sucked.

Discuss.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-06-2010, 05:44 PM
haven't seen it yet, but with that review ya got there, i might leave work early.:hee:

LoungeMachine
03-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Your new troll schtick of attention whoring by way of [non] reviews is played already, Yakima.

I understand there's a limited amount of entertainment and cultural events in that shithole you're stuck in, but buy a bus ticket and find a city.....

:gulp:

You could come back here as the next Midnight Cowboy, and we'll discuss that....

LoungeMachine
03-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Had potential, .

No, it never did.

Even the trailer was pathetic.

:gulp:

chefcraig
03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I read LeHane's book when it came out a few years ago, so I doubt I'll be seeing the film. But I must admit, the previews look pretty faithful to the novel.

Blackflag
03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I read LeHane's book when it came out a few years ago, so I doubt I'll be seeing the film. But I must admit, the previews look pretty faithful to the novel.

Apparently, it is...but I'm tired of these stories with no real ending, like that "No Country for Old Men," or whatever. I guess it's in vogue to have no ending, but I'm feeling ripped off.

bueno bob
03-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I think we need to lock Buttflags "I review a movie in one sentence as if anybody fucking cares" threads.

At least until he learns how to actually review a movie at something approaching a 6th grade level of creativity, insight and competency.

Seriously, I'd rather read six pages of thome's dribbles. At least those go somewhere.

Blackflag
03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I think we need to lock Buttflags "I review a movie in one sentence as if anybody fucking cares" threads.

At least until he learns how to actually review a movie at something approaching a 6th grade level of creativity, insight and competency.

Seriously, I'd rather read six pages of thome's dribbles. At least those go somewhere.

I'm sure you're just fucking dying to be a "mod" here Bob... but you're going to have to wait til then before you can lock a thread. :hee:

Don't like my reviews? Don't enter.

It's simple. Like you. :)

bueno bob
03-06-2010, 09:29 PM

I read the book after I saw the movie, it's a pretty faithful rendition - almost blow for blow.

Honestly, I didn't think it was a bad movie at all. Good performances, but I think it's better viewed if you haven't read the book, for obvious reasons.

See? Three sentences and I write ten times the review Fag does.

Blackflag
03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
So apparently you are interested in discussing the movie? Make up your mind, hater.

bueno bob
03-06-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm sure you're just fucking dying to be a "mod" here Bob...

Already was. Problem was too many chiefs and not enough indians.

but you're going to have to wait til then before you can lock a thread. :hee:

I can make suggestions.

Don't like my reviews? Don't enter.

I'll go where I like, thanks. Abusing you amuses me.

It's simple. Like you. :)

Says Mr. Two Sentence "I've no concept of creative writing" Reviewer.

That almost made me laugh. Almost.

:fufu:

Blackflag
03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Weak. Move along, mod-wannabe.

bueno bob
03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
So apparently you are interested in discussing the movie?

With intelligence? Sure...can't say I approve of your hamfisted caveman "ME NO LIKEY!" approach though. And honestly, you don't strike me like you're truly capable of much better.

bueno bob
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Weak. Move along, mod-wannabe.

Don't cry, bitch. I slap you around at least four times a week...aren't you used to it yet?

:tongue0011:

Blackflag
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Honestly, I hadn't noticed. But if it will help your ego, I'll pretend I do?

You seem to have a lot to say for somebody not interested in the movie review. Or are you just here because I am? :hee:

Anonymous
03-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Blackflag, I haven't seen Tim Burton's Alice yet.

Apparently it has Alice in it.

Discuss.

Cheers! :bottle:

Blackflag
03-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, I'll tell you bro... I've never seen or read Alice in Wonderland. It's not really my thing. But I did see the preview for this movie, and it's looks pretty damn gay.

bueno bob
03-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Honestly, I hadn't noticed. But if it will help your ego, I'll pretend I do?

That just convinced me that you notice A LOT.

And that's the only possible thing you could have responded with that would make me think that.

You seem to have a lot to say for somebody not interested in the movie review. Or are you just here because I am? :hee:

Not much in the way of "reading comprehension", are you? Actually, English doesn't seem to suit your mind much at all. Must have been confusing. Let me break it down into the simple sentences you like so much:

"I like yelling at you"

"I like smart talk"

All things I admitted in my previous post. God you're a dimwit.

bueno bob
03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Well, I'll tell you bro... I've never seen or read Alice in Wonderland. It's not really my thing. But I did see the preview for this movie, and it's looks pretty damn gay.

So do 89% of your posts.

Dan
03-06-2010, 10:17 PM
On Behalf Of The Sheep Pen Crew,Your Movie Reviews,Suck.:D

Anonymous
03-06-2010, 10:18 PM
All right, I'll just pack up & take my irony elsewhere, seeing as it's completely wasted here.

Dan
03-06-2010, 10:20 PM
All right, I'll just pack up & take my irony elsewhere, seeing as it's completely wasted here.

Wasted,Yes.:D:hitch:

Dr. Love
03-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Discuss.

http://www.sporting-chance.com.au/images/Athletics%20-%20Discus%20-%20IDM%20High%20Spin.jpg

ZahZoo
03-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I enjoyed the movie... liked the twists and the setup. Definately a mental type of film that isn't about the scarey scenes so much as the perspective of who's mind/eyes you're viewing it through.

binnie
03-07-2010, 12:43 PM

How can you know it's not your thing if you've never read or seen it?

The book is pretty much a dark fairytale - one of those books that when you re-read it as an adult you realize how much you missed in it as a kid.

Blackflag
03-07-2010, 10:18 PM
I guess I'm just not into fairy tales. Go figure.

Seshmeister
03-07-2010, 10:25 PM
How can you know it's not your thing if you've never read or seen it?

The book is pretty much a dark fairytale - one of those books that when you re-read it as an adult you realize how much you missed in it as a kid.

This is his approach to everything.

He doesn't let the fact he knows fuck all about anything stop him having an opinion on everything. :)

Blackflag
03-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Oh, you're just pissed because I made fun of you for watching "the oscars." Get over it.

hambon4lif
03-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Had potential, then the ending sucked.

Discuss.OK...lemme give this 'movie reviewer' shit a try...

----------------------------
I saw "Brooklyns Finest"

it was pretty good.

the end.
-----------------------------

(how'd I do?):biggrin:

Blackflag
03-07-2010, 10:46 PM
"Not creative enough!! You haven't convinced me why I should see it!!"

Seshmeister
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I'll try the Cleetus Flag version.

I never saw it and don't know shit about it. If I had seen it I wouldn't have understood what was happening anyway but it sucks. :)

Blackflag
03-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I seem to have hit a nerve when I said "Alice in Wonderland" wasn't my thing...

Dan
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
The Pron Movie?

Golden AWe
03-09-2010, 05:01 AM
I enjoyed the movie... liked the twists and the setup. Definately a mental type of film that isn't about the scarey scenes so much as the perspective of who's mind/eyes you're viewing it through.

Exactly.

This is a grate movie, and yesss, it has a real ending. I enjoyed the non-existence of BOO! scenes too. This was about psycological horror more.

I enjoyed the first Dachau scene the best. With all the ash flying in the beautiful room, and the nazi officer kicking for his death, and then the not-so-beautiful view from the yard. Breath-taking.

Seshmeister
03-09-2010, 05:08 AM
I think the fact that at the end there wasn't a car chase away from a really big explosion with a siren and guns and monsters and stuff ruined it for BF. :)

Golden AWe
03-09-2010, 02:29 PM
I think the fact that at the end there wasn't a car chase away from a really big explosion with a siren and guns and monsters and stuff ruined it for BF. :)

Plus no cheesy orchestra music.

What do you people think of Leo DiCaprio? I think he's a good/great actor, but has sometimes lacked "age" in his face. He's been too babyface, looked too young to some roles. However, in this movie he manages to take himself to the limits and does a good job.

Blackflag
03-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I enjoyed the first Dachau scene the best.

Why don't that surprise me, given your signature?

Blackflag
03-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Me? Want to see explosions and shit? Never! I'd much rather want to see some quasi-intellectual, self-reflecting bullshit like some poseur. :umm:

Blackflag
03-09-2010, 09:33 PM
What do you people think of Leo DiCaprio?

Decent.

Golden AWe
03-10-2010, 04:57 AM
Decent.

Tickle tackle toe, frog.

VanHalenFan5150
03-10-2010, 08:23 AM
A bunch of my friends went to see it, they said it was very good, despite mixed reviews. It ended up being a good movie, I personally want to see it myself. :]

bueno bob
03-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Gotta say, overall I definitely enjoyed it. A few of the dream sequences at the beginning let me know pretty early on that something wasn't entirely jiving up with what was being told, but really that was about my only complaint.

As far as Leo goes as an actor, overall he's got a LOT of talent and a great range, but I have to agree with Awe, he's got that perpetually young face that harms him a bit in some roles, I think. Still, I think he's going to eventually become one of those rare lifelong Hollywood actors who kinda stands out from the rest of the pack and has a repertoire of mostly high end, quality pictures to his name.

Golden AWe
03-10-2010, 03:45 PM
As far as Leo goes as an actor, overall he's got a LOT of talent and a great range, but I have to agree with Awe, he's got that perpetually young face that harms him a bit in some roles, I think. Still, I think he's going to eventually become one of those rare lifelong Hollywood actors who kinda stands out from the rest of the pack and has a repertoire of mostly high end, quality pictures to his name.

When he showed pain and grief, those were really some of his best moments here...

Btw, when Leo started to speak german, now there was a grate scene...it sounded very fluent...

High Life Man
03-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Didn't really care for it.

Still waiting for that Scorcese Dean Martin biopic.