PDA

View Full Version : 3-d tv's to arrive this wednesday

Hardrock69
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Panasonic 3D TVs Arriving This Wednesday - PCWorld (http://www.pcworld.com/article/191012/panasonic_3d_tvs_arriving_this_wednesday.html)

Gar probably thinks this does not exist.

Panasonic 3D TVs Arriving This Wednesday

Chris Brandrick

Mar 8, 2010 4:31 pm

Panasonic, makers of the popular Viera HDTV line, announced that its new 3D TVs will go on sale in the United States later this week.

The new VT25 plasma HDTVs will arrive this Wednesday, as part of a joint promotion with Best Buy. The launch event will take place at Best Buy's Union Square store in New York City, and Best Buy will have demo units at hundreds of stores across the country, according to Engadget.

According to reports, one new model, a 50-inch 3D set (with included Blu-Ray player and 3D glasses), will cost around $2,500 at launch. That's roughly $2,000 less than its price in Japan. The lower price stateside is to help Panasonic reach its goal of selling 1 million 3DTVs this fiscal year.

Given the recent increase in 3D theatrical releases (e.g. Avatar, Up and the recently released Alice In Wonderland), it's no surprise that major HDTV manufacturers are making a serious 3D push.

Will you make the jump into the third-dimension? Or is the price of entry still too steep? Let us know in the comments.

kwame k
03-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I remember getting burned buying VHS, CD players and the likes. You buy it today @ whatever price and a year from now it has a dozen more features and is 50% less than you paid a year ago.

Looks cool, though. I think this will go the way of a Beta player......who the hell wants to wear 3-D glasses to watch TV all the time.

Mr Walker
03-09-2010, 03:18 PM
I told my wife I was going to buy a 3D TV this summer... but like kwame k said, who the fuck wants to sit around in those dumb glasses.

Anonymous
03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
This is all bullshit.

Holograms.

Until then, those fucktards can stuff their "cutting edge" technology up their fucking arses.

Cheers! :bottle: