PDA

View Full Version : Lost Boy Haim dead from OD

Mr Walker
03-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Corey Haim Found Dead

Posted Mar 10th 2010 8: 08AM by TMZ Staff

Actor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys," with Corey Feldman.

Haim reportedly suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001 and was rushed to the UCLA Medical Center.

Haim also reportedly was in and out of rehab 15 times, but cleaned up in 2004 after moving to Toronto.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com (http://ww.tmz.com/#ixzz0hmZne56T)

fryingdutchman
03-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Just saw this come across the wire myself.

'Tis ashame...but it seemed inevitable.

More from KTLA radio... (ktla.com)

LOS ANGELES -- Actor and former teen idol Corey Haimhas died at the age of 38, the Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed to KTLA.

Haim died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an apparent accidental overdose, according to the LAPD's North Hollywood Division.

Coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said an autopsy would determine an official cause of death.

Haim was found unresponsive inside an Oakwood apartment, between Burbank and the Hollywood Hills, police said.

His mother was at the home at the time.

The Canadian-born actor, who has struggled with drug addiction, was pronounced dead Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, police said.

Haim became a teen heartthrob in the 80s after appearing in the 1986 film "Lucas" and 1987's "The Lost Boys," which also starred fellow teen idol Corey Feldman.

Both actors appeared together on the A&E show "The Two Coreys," which aired from 2007 to 2008.

Haim was nominated for a Viewer's Choice Award at the 22nd Annual Gemini Awards in Canada for his role on the show, which was canceled after two seasons.

bueno bob
03-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Well that's going to fuck up Fast Getaway III.

chefcraig
03-10-2010, 09:36 AM
What is it with some of these train wreck "celebrities"? While it's a sad story, the end result has never really been in question, as it hasn't been a matter of "if" but "when" since sometime in 1988 or so.

sadaist
03-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Sad. I looked at some of the very recent photos of him & his appearance is drastically different. He had actually gained weight, which is very common when someone stops drug use. Supposedly he was clean as well. If somehow he got his hands on some & took an amount he was accustomed to taking while on the drugs, it could easily OD him. With tolerances lowered by sobriety and all.

38 is far too young. Prayers to his friends & family.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-10-2010, 10:08 AM
i completely thought the other corey woulda gone first

PETE'S BROTHER
03-10-2010, 10:09 AM
tis a shame no matter tho.

jhale667
03-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Sad, but unfortunately not at all surprising...when I opened my browser this morning and his picture came up on the news wire, before the page text had even loaded I thought "I bet Corey Haim died..." :rolleyes:

POJO_Risin
03-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Sad, but unfortunately not at all surprising...when I opened my browser this morning and his picture came up on the news wire, before the page text had even loaded I thought "I bet Corey Haim died..." :rolleyes:

Well, it sure as shit wasn't going to be for winning an oscar...

An absolute fucking train-wreck. I remember reading something or other about Haim during that show he did on A&E. I think Haim had been offered a spot in the Lost Boys 2 or 3...or whatever Feldman is doing to wreck the original...

...and he showed up drugged out and they had to cut out either all of his parts, or parts of it.

What a fucked up pair...

RIP Haim...

Hollywood spits out another kid actor...

Bill Lumbergh
03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Feldman is clean, but needs to be back on drugs, as he is the about the most annoying person on the fucking planet. Although he won an Oscar for his stirring portrayal of "Mouth" in the Goonies.:)

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Shocking, drug addict dies of drug overdose.... ;)

FORD
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM

I think Feldman has actually been clean for a few years now. I actually sat through a couple episodes of their reality show, and he seemed relatively sane while Haim was clearly a mess. If I remember, he was popping pills even then, and they clearly were affecting his mind.

Fucking shame he couldn't walk away from it. :(

Seshmeister
03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
If somehow he got his hands on some & took an amount he was accustomed to taking while on the drugs, it could easily OD him. With tolerances lowered by sobriety and all.

That seems to be the most common way people OD.

GAR
03-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Feldman is clean, but needs to be back on drugs, as he is the about the most annoying person on the fucking planet.

He is clean, and a great guy to hang with.

Isaac R.
03-11-2010, 02:37 AM
ummm...who?

Dan
03-12-2010, 02:35 AM
RIP,Corey Haim.:(

WARF
03-12-2010, 07:09 AM
I always wanted to bang the chick from lucas...

sadaist
03-12-2010, 09:13 AM

No such luck. Feldman lives in a fantasy world. Still thinks he is some Hollywood hot-shot. He would sell his mother for 5 minutes of air time. Geez, he was on Larry king within 24 hours of his life long best friend dying. Who does that? Haim wasn't even cold yet.

If you watched the Surreal Life where he was with Vince Neil, Emmanuel Lewis, MC Hammer, etc... you could tell he thought he was the biggest super star of the bunch. He even thought his music was so talented & great and somehow talked Vince & Hammer into singing background vocals for him.

He is always the most important guy in the room with the most brilliant, insightful, deep things to say.

Mr Walker
03-12-2010, 09:17 AM
He even thought his music was so talented & great and somehow talked Vince & Hammer into singing background vocals for him.

I remember when he bought his band on the Stern show to play live and I think he said his material was on the same level as Pink Floyd.

Bill Lumbergh
03-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I remember when he bought his band on the Stern show to play live and I think he said his material was on the same level as Pink Floyd.

I remember that shit. I saw some thing on E! about him where he was claiming to be one of the biggest talents in Hollywood, and had no idea why he wasnt getting movie roles anymore. What a fuckin' delusional moron.

Terry
03-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Funny thing about Haim in that he did some pretty decent work when he was really young. Flicks like First Born and Lucas...I mean, as already said they admittedly weren't Oscar-caliber, but performances that held an amount of promise beyond just being a teen idol gracing the cover of Tiger Beat. Considering that those films came out in, what, 1982 to 1985 or so, Haim would have been somewhere around 10-13 years old back then.

A sad end to a slow, twenty year decline of a human being. The guy wore his struggles with addictions on his face clear as day, and for the last decade I'd agree it probably wasn't a case of if as much as when he was going to overdose. Seems like his main addiction was to fame, and trying to regain (even if only in a limited capacity) the amount he had in his heyday. Think it's more interesting when former child stars just walk away when their time in the spotlight is up and go on to other things. For all the blather of tragic ends of former kid celebrities, there is a far higher number of them that survive, adjust and thrive when the attention ends. Too bad Haim couldn't have been one of those.

Diamondjimi
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Heart problem, pneumonia killed Corey Haim: coroner

Module body

Tue May 4, 6:20 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Corey Haim died of pneumonia and heart problems, and tests during an autopsy on his body found "no significant contributing factors" from drugs, the Los Angeles coroner's office said on Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Haim, a Canadian-born teen film star of the 1980s who had spoken openly about struggles with drug and alcohol addiction, collapsed at his Los Angeles apartment and died in a nearby hospital on March 10. He was 38.

Officials initially thought his death was due to a drug overdose. California law enforcement officials said he bought more than 550 doses of prescription painkillers and anti-anxiety drugs in the weeks before his death in what they linked to a big, illegal prescription drug ring.

But the coroner's office said on Tuesday that Haim died of natural causes from a combination of pneumonia, respiratory and heart problems.

Ed Winter of the coroner's office said that Haim's mother found her son in distress in the middle of the night and he collapsed with flu-like symptoms. He was pronounced dead in the hospital less than an hour later.

Haim was best known for his work on the 1980s movies such as "Lucas" and "The Lost Boys". He also worked with fellow teen star Corey Feldman on the U.S. television reality series "The Two Coreys" in 2007 and 2008.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Cynthia Osterman)

FORD
05-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Either way, the drugs killed him. It may not have been a direct OD, but any heart or lung problems he had were probably a result of drugs.

I knew a guy who was a junkie for years. He finally got clean, then dropped dead of a heart attack. It happens. :(

Blackflag
05-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Who gives a fuck.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Who gives a fuck.

you do, or ya wouldn't have posted:tongue0011:

Diamondjimi
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Either way, the drugs killed him. It may not have been a direct OD, but any heart or lung problems he had were probably a result of drugs.

I knew a guy who was a junkie for years. He finally got clean, then dropped dead of a heart attack. It happens. :(

True. I lost my best friend to a heart attack. He abused drugs and alcohol for a decade hardcore.
Got sober. 2 years into sobriety BAM, heart attack. Died in his sleep....