PDA

View Full Version : sad sign of the times

PETE'S BROTHER
03-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Kansas City Councilwoman Sharon Sanders Brooks said the closure plan had prompted some housing developers to consider backing out of projects.
"The urban core has suffered white flight post-the 1954 U.S. Supreme Court decision Brown v. the Board of Education, blockbusting by the real estate industry, redlining by banks and other financial institutions, retail and grocery store abandonment," Brooks said.
"And now the public education system is aiding and abetting in the economic demise of our school district," she said. "It is shameful and sinful."
Under the approved plan, teachers at six other low-performing schools will be required to reapply for their jobs, and the district will try to sell its downtown central office. It also is expected to cut about 700 of the district's 3,000 jobs, including about 285 teachers.

Massive school closures in KC to be done by fall - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_closing_schools)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
so less minorities have access to good education in these neighborhoods. kind of ties in with the big census numbers and the fact that this year could be the first that minority births will be higher than white births. there was newscast my buddy told me about last night the the talking head was discussing how uneducated minorities are simply bringing in more of the same with babies.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-11-2010, 02:35 PM
and i bet the same city's corrections department is not reducing any. if not growing. such bullshit.

kwame k
03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Fuck dude, look at what Detroit is considering doing.......

They plan to bulldoze up to 40% of the city and relocate the people in the areas that are going to be planned for demo.

Huge problems are going to hinder this project but it's a reality of modern times. Urban flight and the subdivision lifestyle has taken it's toll on cities and urban communities. No tax revenue and a declining population makes it impossible for communities to give the basics to it's residents.

Education in this country is a fucking joke and when poor people can't get an education or a hope of one.....you're right, Pete.....build more prisons because we'll need them.

bueno bob
03-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Fuck dude, look at what Detroit is considering doing.......

They plan to bulldoze up to 40% of the city and relocate the people in the areas that are going to be planned for demo.

Huge problems are going to hinder this project but it's a reality of modern times. Urban flight and the subdivision lifestyle has taken it's toll on cities and urban communities. No tax revenue and a declining population makes it impossible for communities to give the basics to it's residents.

Education in this country is a fucking joke and when poor people can't get an education or a hope of one.....you're right, Pete.....build more prisons because we'll need them.

As being originally from Traverse City, I sorta pay attention to what's going on back on the homefront. What I found amusing was that, as I was watching the original Robocop a few weeks back for the umpteenth time, I looked at the state of the borderline apocalyptic Detroit it portrayed in the film, thought about the state Detroit is actually in today and thought to myself "You know, all things considered, it's not so bad..."

PETE'S BROTHER
03-17-2010, 01:45 PM
44 of 172 Detroit schools slated to close in June - Yahoo! News (http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aj.q8JQV5Q7xgdtl8KUzaZebvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTJrZGc 4Z2Q5BGNwb3MDNARnA2I1Yzc2YTliMDdhM2NkY2MxZjM3NGY2Y mUxNDZjNjFkBGludGwDdXMEc2VjA2luX25ld3MEc2xrA253cy1 0aXRsZQR0ZXN0AzcwMQ--/SIG=12g4o1u7u/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100317/ap_on_re_us/us_detroit_schools_closings)

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
As being originally from Traverse City,

:lmao:

FORD
03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey, it couldn't be any worse than Yakivegas.

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Or Olympia. Or West Virginia. Or Arizona.

Now I see why you people are so defensive on the issue - you're each from your own little Yakima. Unlike myself.

Really explains a lot about this place.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 03:04 PM
:rolleyes:

Again with the "I'm so above all of you"

classic

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 03:06 PM

No one can chose where they're from, mensa...

But you certainly choose where you live

:gulp:

Yakima, hey at least we're not Richland

jhale667
03-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Now I see why you people are so defensive on the issue - you're each from your own little Yakima. Unlike myself.

The difference is we got out, shit -stain.

:lmao: Poor little Buttflap. "Pride" of Yakima. :D

PETE'S BROTHER
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM

waddaya mean "you people"? ;)

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Dudes, dudes, dudes... how many times have you cocksuckers tracked my IP so you can tell me you know where I'm at. Lounge told me I was in D.C. once. Nick stalked me to an airport I had posted from. You stalking homos know where I'm at, and you know it's not Yakima.

See, I get to make fun of Yakima, because I've never been there. You don't - because you were actually born in fuckhole, backwater places like that. :lmao:

That's why you want to believe I'm from "Yakima." Because you want to believe I'm a hayseed, just like you.

I had no idea when I chose the town "Yakima" for this account that it would bring on so much psychological baggage from the crowd here. :lmao:

"Traverse City." ha ha.

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
The difference is we got out, shit -stain.

:lmao: Poor little Buttflap. "Pride" of Yakima. :D

You were born and raised in West Virginia. Explains everything.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
It actually traces to just outside of Yakima.

Guess the "big city' was too expensive.

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
It actually traces to just outside of Yakima.

Guess the "big city' was too expensive.

Is that right? Then why did you say D.C.?

Reduced to lying now? More of your master debating skills, Lounge? :hee:

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Perhaps you were on a class field trip that day?

me thinks thou doth protest too much. :D

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 03:50 PM
me thinks thou doth protest too much. :D

I think the same thing whenever you talk about homos.

Whatever you say, "arizona." :lmao:

"milan to minsk?" More like..."tucson to truckee." :lmao:

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I think the same thing whenever you talk about homos.

:

Bob would like nothing more than an Obama teabag.

:blow2:

Mancrush.

Anymore? Does that mean the mancrush is slowly fading out?

:

What was the picture? Was it a picture of the puny lounge queen in drag? ?

Who says Lounge Queer doesn't have a sense of humor?

At least I'm not pro-censorship, choadgobbler. Think about it.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-17-2010, 04:08 PM
man, all i wanted to do is open a thread and copy and paste (without too much actual thought of my own) news links about the crumbling educational system.

isn't there a "lounge hates blackflag and he hates lounge" thread or seven already in existence?
:tongue0011::biggrin:

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Take a look at who went off topic first.....

Yakima is feeling a little hurt lately....

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Pete, I'm sorry...but your thread sucked. Have you thought about going to see a movie? That would make a better post. :)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
you've already commented on the ones i wanted to see, now it's pointless.:(

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 04:30 PM
That "Kick Ass" movie is coming out soon, and it looks entertaining.

Tell you what, I'll save it for you. It's all yours.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-17-2010, 04:34 PM
thanks

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Welc.