PDA

View Full Version : So apparently I'm living in the Vatican now?

Satan
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
From The Times
March 11, 2010
Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican
Richard Owen in Rome

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00695/Amorth_695275a.jpg
Don Gabriele Amorth, an exorcist
in the diocese of Rome and the president
of honour of the Association of Exorcists

(Giulio Napolitan/AFP/Getty Images)

Sex abuse scandals in the Roman Catholic Church are proof that that "the Devil is at work inside the Vatican", according to the Holy See's chief exorcist.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, who has been the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years and says he has dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession, said that the consequences of satanic infiltration included power struggles at the Vatican as well as "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon".

He added: "When one speaks of 'the smoke of Satan' [a phrase coined by Pope Paul VI in 1972] in the holy rooms, it is all true – including these latest stories of violence and paedophilia."

He claimed that another example of satanic behaviour was the Vatican "cover-up" over the deaths in 1998 of Alois Estermann, the then commander of the Swiss Guard, his wife and Corporal Cedric Tornay, a Swiss Guard, who were all found shot dead. "They covered up everything immediately," he said. "Here one sees the rot".

A remarkably swift Vatican investigation concluded that Corporal Tornay had shot the commander and his wife and then turned his gun on himself after being passed over for a medal. However Tornay's relatives have challenged this. There have been unconfirmed reports of a homosexual background to the tragedy and the involvement of a fourth person who was never identfied.

Father Amorth, who has just published Memoirs of an Exorcist, a series of interviews with the Vatican journalist Marco Tosatti, said that the attempt on the life of Pope John Paul II in 1981 had been the work of the Devil, as had an incident last Christmas when a mentally disturbed woman threw herself at Pope Benedict XVI at the start of Midnight Mass, pulling him to the ground.

Father José Antonio Fortea Cucurull, a Rome-based exorcist, said that Father Amorth had "gone well beyond the evidence" in claiming that Satan had infiltrated the Vatican corridors.

"Cardinals might be better or worse, but all have upright intentions and seek the glory of God," he said. Some Vatican officials were more pious than others, "but from there to affirm that some cardinals are members of satanic sects is an unacceptable distance."

Father Amorth told La Repubblica that the devil was "pure spirit, invisible. But he manifests himself with blasphemies and afflictions in the person he possesses. He can remain hidden, or speak in different languages, transform himself or appear to be agreeable. At times he makes fun of me."

He said it sometimes took six or seven of his assistants to to hold down a possessed person. Those possessed often yelled and screamed and spat out nails or pieces of glass, which he kept in a bag. "Anything can come out of their mouths – finger-length pieces of iron, but also rose petals."

He said that hoped every diocese would eventually have a resident exorcist. Under Church Canon Law any priest can perform exorcisms, but in practice they are carried out by a chosen few trained in the rites.

Father Amorth was ordained in 1954 and became an official exorcist in 1986. In the past he has suggested that Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin were possessed by the Devil. He was among Vatican officials who warned that J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels made a "false distinction between black and white magic".

He approves, however, of the 1973 film The Exorcist, which although "exaggerated" offered a "substantially exact" picture of possession.

In 2001 he objected to the introduction of a new version of the exorcism rite, complaining that it dropped centuries-old prayers and was "a blunt sword" about which exorcists themselves had not been consulted. The Vatican said later that he and other exorcists could continue to use the old ritual.

He is the president of honour of the Association of Exorcists.

Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican -Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7056689.ece)

Seshmeister
03-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I think it's important that it is better publicised just how fucking insane these people are.

I was genuinely shocked when just a few years ago I learned the catholic church still had exorcists.

Baby's On Fire
03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey Sesh,....Lounge is gonna come running to your defense now....and close the thread before anyone can reply.

Don't cry..he'll be there soon.

Faggot

bueno bob
03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I'd agree. If there's any great argument for the validity of Satan, it's to be found in the upper eschelons of the Catholic church.

Baby's On Fire
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Apparently. the Vatican still has a full-time exorcist on staff....at a salary of $ 85,000 per year paid by the dumb fucks giving out fivers on Sunday mornings.......

And to think any of use stupid motherfukcers actually work for a living.....

kwame k
03-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Why in the fuck would Satan be hanging out with a bunch of old, fat gay men?

You'd think he'd be hanging at strip clubs and whore houses........

Great! Now who can I sell my soul to?

hambon4lif
03-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Actually, strip clubs are alot closer to heaven than hell....especially when compared to the false rhetoric and kiddy-diddling that goes on in the Catholic church.

I'd sooner put my 5-dollar-bills in the g-string of a stripper that was trying to feed her kid than in a collection plate of a Catholic church where the minister tries to fuck a kid.

Who needs the hypocrisy?

Nitro Express
03-12-2010, 03:58 AM
The Catholic Church is 2000 years of oppression and lies. It's where Roman paganism adopted a Christian veneer for political advantage. It was about power and control from day one.

chefcraig
03-12-2010, 12:59 PM
I believe the truly astounding news here is that a member of the Vatican publicly admitted that the church has a problem with pederasts in the clergy, and it's about time. Instead of merely covering the issue up by moving these creeps from parish to parish, maybe this is the beginning of a much needed change in dealing with the situation.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen in our lifetimes. :umm:

Kristy
03-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I was genuinely shocked when just a few years ago I learned the catholic church still had exorcists.

Exorcism is still prevalent in the Catholic Church. It may not hold the same meaning or value as it once did and may in the upper echelons of the Church frown down upon it because a lot of it is bullshit brought on by rouge priest more or less using guilt and fear to control people that a demon must be living inside of them when really the person they are exorcising could have real, serious health issues.

Even with that said, I'm not denouncing the existent of spiritual warfare which I think is very real but even that has to be recognized for what it is. For Father Gabriele to simply say the main reason why so many priest are child molesters due to some sort of demonic possession is absurd to me. It's like blaming your neighbors for not getting your job promotion. People who molest children were molested themselves which doesn't make it right but when they get themselves into positions of power and trust it's so much easier for them to get away with their crimes. There is no doubt that the Church was aware of this behavior among its priest for years and continued to ignore the problem. To call out Cardinals as being "satanic" is stupid when the Vatican needed to do was call the police and have these people investigated and or reprimanded. If I knew a neighbor or friend was doing these disturbing and twisted acts to a innocent child, I'd have no problem whatsoever calling the police on them rather than mask it behind some sort of demonic possession. Sounds like a lot of legal rhetoric speak to me.

LoungeMachine
03-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey Sesh,....Lounge is gonna come running to your defense now....and close the thread before anyone can reply.

Don't cry..he'll be there soon.

Faggot

:lmao:

Has it dawned on you yet no one here cares about your petty beefs or feelings of persecution?

:lmao:

Go be a whiney douche somewhere else.....

Or have some orange juice.

:gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
03-12-2010, 02:55 PM
When in doubt, let Arnie and Jed explain, I always say...

Vinick: "Whatever happened to the separation of church and state?"

Bartlet: "It's hanging in there, but I'm afraid the constitution doesn't say anything about the separation of church and politics."

Vinick: "You saying that's a good thing?"

Bartlet: "I'm saying that's the way it is: always has been."

Vinick: "You think a voter really needs to know if I go to church?"

Bartlet: "I don't need to know but then I'm not going to vote for you anyway. It's not up to us to decide what the voters get to use in evaluating us."

Vinick: "A little odd coming from someone who wasn't completely open about his health."

Bartlet: "That was a big mistake."

Vinick: "One Christmas my wife gave me a very old edition of the King James Bible — 17th century. It was a real find for a book collector. It was a thrill just to hold it. Then I read it."

Bartlet: "You can't take it literally."

Vinick: "Yeah, that's what my priest friends kept telling me. But the more I read it, the less I could believe. I could not believe there was a God that said the penalty for working on the Sabbath was death. I couldn't believe there was a God who said the penalty for adultery was death."

Bartlet: "I'm more of a New Testament man, myself."

Vinick: "I couldn't believe there was a God who had no penalty for slavery. The Bible has no problem with slavery at all. Lincoln could have used a little help from the Bible."

Bartlet: "You think Lincoln was an atheist?"

Vinick: "I hope not. That would mean all his references to God were just purely political."

Bartlet: "The only thing you can pray for in this job is the strength to get through the day. You can try coffee if you want, but prayer works better for me."

Vinick: "I don't see how we can have a separation of church and state in this government if you have to pass a religious test to get in this government. And I want to warn everyone in the press and all the voters out there, if you demand expressions of religious faith from politicians, you are just begging to be lied to. They won't all lie to you but a lot of them will. And it will be the easiest lie they ever had to tell to get your votes. So, every day until the end of this campaign, I'll answer any question anyone has on government, But if you have a question on religion, please go to church."

chefcraig
03-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Sort of reminds me of the sequence in The Right Stuff, where the astronauts are being interviewed for the first time. John Glenn is going on with this "Attaboy!" attitude, and the crowd just eats it up. At one point, Gordon Cooper (played by Dennis Quade) says "I don't believe this shit", and then they all start doing it, claiming to visit church every week, ect. Suddenly, America loves them.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8638/bright.jpg (http://img534.imageshack.us/i/bright.jpg/)

Nitro Express
03-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I believe the truly astounding news here is that a member of the Vatican publicly admitted that the church has a problem with pederasts in the clergy, and it's about time. Instead of merely covering the issue up by moving these creeps from parish to parish, maybe this is the beginning of a much needed change in dealing with the situation.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen in our lifetimes. :umm:

It will happen when a pissed off muslim extremist nukes the Vatican. God does work in mysterious ways. Maybe he will just let all the man made religions kill each other off.

Nitro Express
03-14-2010, 01:43 AM
I don't trust a man who wants to be celibate. That right there says he has issues. A normal man wants as much sex as he can get. Of course a decent man knows the proper social manners in this regard be we want to get laid as much as possible. Any man who doesn't want that or represses the urge to the extreme is fucked in the mind. Fill a church up with these rejects and you have a problem.

Ally_Kat
03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
As the resident Catholic, let me explain something about exorcists & exorcisms. They are not they common. Each Archdiocese (which is usually covers 1/4 of a state) has one priest trained to be an exorcist, who is on call. They are not publicly known as an exorcist, nor are suppose to "out" themselves as such while within the service. The only way you're suppose to find out is if you're involved in an exorcism case and then you're suppose to keep shut about it. Which, raises the question of why this guy is revealing himself, as well as the other commentator - unless they are living within Vatican City (as in the country of) and not acting within the Holy See (as in governing body, what most nonCatholics call the Vatican).

As with the Devil being at the top: if I was an evil spirit determined to derail humanity from their creator, I sure would aim for the jugular. I thought that was common knowledge? There's two parts to any religious institution: the mortal and the divine. The mortal will be tempted, sin, and be vulnerable to a host of things. But the divine truth will never change.

What we're seeing with the priests is a group of men who had the faith but also had issues and thought living this holy, structured life would cure it. It's nothing new, just growing. What they need to therapy, but there's no one to replace them. They'll be moved around to desk jobs and committees and those without a record who are at desk jobs and/or committees will be put into parishes.

The Church really does need to investigate the claims. Let the state/country do their legal thing. It'll help prevent any other issues, but also to clear the names of those falsely accused. That's what happened here in the States: people came forward saying they were abused, Church amended with money and no questions. Others who were not apart of it saw it was that easy and poured out. Most claims where thrown out because of fraud. However, "Pedophile Priests" make a better headline than "Public Frauds Catholic Church."

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
It's incredible that you've somehow managed to turn around an overwhelming amount of evidence of institutionised child rape into somehow a couple of slightly confused men being defrauded by the public.

chefcraig
03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
What we're seeing with the priests is a group of men who had the faith but also had issues and thought living this holy, structured life would cure it. It's nothing new, just growing. What they need to therapy, but there's no one to replace them. They'll be moved around to desk jobs and committees and those without a record who are at desk jobs and/or committees will be put into parishes.

The Church really does need to investigate the claims. Let the state/country do their legal thing. It'll help prevent any other issues, but also to clear the names of those falsely accused. That's what happened here in the States: people came forward saying they were abused, Church amended with money and no questions. Others who were not apart of it saw it was that easy and poured out. Most claims where thrown out because of fraud. However, "Pedophile Priests" make a better headline than "Public Frauds Catholic Church."

Uh-huh. So if a group of men, say some Cub Scout leaders, teachers or librarians were overwhelmed by their duties and resorted to molesting children, you'd recommend they be moved to other groups, schools or libraries until the allegations against them were proven false, is that it?

Well, that just solves everything, doesn't it?

Your "calling" doesn't make you a pederast, nor does it allow you any latitude in forgiveness against those you exploit. And it sure as hell should not be taken into consideration as an excuse for being a child molester.

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Pope under fire for transfer, letter on sex abuse

German Church apologises, vows action on abuse Reuters – Archbishop Robert Zollitsch, head of Germany's bishops conference, is seen before the beginning of …

By NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press Writer Nicole Winfield, Associated Press Writer – Fri Mar 12, 6:24 pm ET

VATICAN CITY – Germany's sex abuse scandal has now reached Pope Benedict XVI: His former archdiocese acknowledged it transferred a suspected pedophile priest while Benedict was in charge and criticism is mounting over a 2001 Vatican directive he penned instructing bishops to keep abuse cases secret.

The revelations have put the spotlight on Benedict's handling of abuse claims both when he was archbishop of Munich from 1977-1982 and then the prefect of the Vatican office that deals with such crimes — a position he held until his 2005 election as pope.

Benedict got a firsthand readout of the scope of the scandal Friday in his native land from the head of the German Bishop's Conference, Archbishop Robert Zollitsch, who reported that the pontiff had expressed "great dismay and deep shock" over the scandal, but encouraged bishops to continue searching for the truth.

Hours later, the Munich archdiocese admitted that it had allowed a priest suspected of having abused a child to return to pastoral work in the 1980s, while Benedict was archbishop. It stressed that the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger didn't know about the transfer and that it had been decided by a lower-ranking official.

The archdiocese said there were no accusations against the chaplain, identified only as H., during his 1980-1982 spell in Munich, where he underwent therapy for suspected "sexual relations with boys." But he then moved to nearby Grafing, where he was suspended in early 1985 following new accusations of sexual abuse. The following year, he was convicted of sexually abusing minors.

The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, issued a statement late Friday noting that the Munich vicar-general who approved the priest's transfer had taken "full responsibility" for the decision, seeking to remove any question about the pontiff's potential responsibility as archbishop at the time.

Victims advocates weren't persuaded.

"We find it extraordinarily hard to believe that Ratzinger didn't reassign the predator, or know about the reassignment," said Barbara Blaine, president and founder of SNAP, Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests.

The pope, meanwhile, continues to be under fire for a 2001 Vatican letter he sent to all bishops advising them that all cases of sexual abuse of minors must be forwarded to his then-office, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, and that the cases were to be subject to pontifical secret.

Germany's justice minister, Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger, has cited the document as evidence that the Vatican created a "wall of silence" around abuse cases that prevented prosecution. Irish bishops have said the document had been "widely misunderstood" by the bishops themselves to mean they shouldn't go to police. And lawyers for abuse victims in the United States have cited the document in arguing that the Catholic Church tried to obstruct justice.

But canon lawyers insisted Friday that there was nothing in the document that would preclude bishops from fulfilling their moral and civic duties of going to police when confronted with a case of child abuse.

They stressed that the document merely concerned procedures for handling the church trial of an accused priest, and that the secrecy required by Rome for that hearing by no means extended to a ban on reporting such crimes to civil authorities.

"Canon law concerning grave crimes ... doesn't in any way interfere with or diminish the obligations of the faithful to civil laws," said Monsignor Davide Cito, a professor of canon law at Rome's Santa Croce University.

The letter doesn't tell bishops to also report the crimes to police.

But the Rev. John Coughlin, a law professor at the University of Notre Dame Law School, said it didn't need to. A general principle of moral theology to which every bishop should adhere is that church officials are obliged to follow civil laws where they live, he said.

Yet Bishop John McAreavey of Dromore in Northern Ireland, told a news conference this week that Irish bishops "widely misinterpreted" the directive and couldn't get a clear reading from Rome on how to proceed.

"One of the difficulties that bishops expressed was the fact that at times it wasn't always possible to get clear guidance from the Holy See and there wasn't always a consistent approach within the different Vatican departments," he said.

"Obviously, Rome is aware of this misinterpretation and the harm that this has done, or could potentially do, to the trust that the people have in how the church deals with these matters," he said.

An Irish government-authorized investigation into the scandal and cover up harshly criticized the Vatican for its mixed messages and insistence on secrecy in the 2001 directive and previous Vatican documents on the topic.

"An obligation to secrecy/confidentialtiy on the part of participants in a canonical process could undoubtedly constitute an inhibition on reporting child sexual abuse to the civil authorities or others," it concluded.

In the United States, Dan Shea, an attorney for several victims, has introduced the Ratzinger letter in court as evidence that the church was trying to obstruct justice. He has argued that the church impeded civil reporting by keeping the cases secret and "reserving" them for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

"This is an international criminal conspiracy to obstruct justice," Shea told The Associated Press.

___

Associated Press reporters Geir Moulson and Kirsten Grieshaber in Berlin and Shawn Pogatchnik in Dublin contributed to this report.

So just to clarify we have a 'perhaps ex' nazi who aids paedophiles as the 'infallible' secretly elected leader of a jewish zombie death cult which has people all over the world who when they aren't raping your children are forcing out their evil spirits like some sort of witch doctor.

You can really see the terrible power of indoctrinating children when someone like Ally can support this.

The only way you're suppose to find out is if you're involved in an exorcism case and then you're suppose to keep shut about it.

Wow. Keep the whacko stuff secret huh...

Oh and remember to keep the child fucking secret too. Sorry the 'defrauding of the church by rape victims'.

ELVIS
03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Break the corrupt wall of silence and deal with the criminals of "the faith" accordingly!

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article7061540.ece
From Times Online
March 15, 2010

Priest's victims forced into vow of silence

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00697/Sean-Brady_697003a.jpg
Cardinal Sean Brady

(Max Rossi/Reuters)

Victim groups say that Cardinal Brady has lost all credibility
David Sharrock, Ireland Correspondent

The leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland resisted calls for his resignation yesterday, despite admitting that he took part in meetings where the victims of a paedophile priest were forced to take a vow of silence.

Cardinal Sean Brady, the Primate of All Ireland, has confirmed he was present at a closed canonical tribunal in 1975 when two child victims of Father Brendan Smyth were ordered to sign agreements under oath that they would not discuss what happened to them with anybody other than an approved priest.

There were immediate calls for Cardinal Brady’s resignation. Colm O’Gorman, head of Amnesty Ireland and founder of One in Four, a charity helping victims of sexual abuse, said that the Cardinal’s position was now impossible.

Last December Cardinal Brady said that if he found himself in a situation where his failure to act had meant that children were abused, he would resign.

However, speaking in Armagh yesterday, he defended his role in the meetings where children were sworn to silence. The Cardinal, replying to questions about why he failed to act against the paedophile priest, insisted that he had done so by being part of a process that resulted in Smyth having his licence removed. He said that three weeks after he submitted a report to the Bishop of Kilmore, Smyth was suspended from practising as a priest in the Diocese of Kilmore and throughout the country.

However, Smyth continued to sexually abuse children and later confessed he had done so until at least 1993.

Asked why he did not report the allegations to the proper authorities, Cardinal Brady said: “Even today the appropriate person to do that is the designated person — I was not that person.

“But I insist again I did act, and act effectively, in that inquiry to produce the grounds for removing Father Smyth from ministry.” Asked if he would resign, he said he did not think it was a resigning matter. Revelations of Smyth’s abuse of probably hundreds of children in Ireland and abroad over a 40-year period brought down the Irish Government in 1994. He was jailed in the mid-1990s and died in prison.

The Cardinal, who is being sued by a victim for not taking the allegations to the police, was summoned with all 24 of Ireland’s bishops to the Vatican last month to account for the shocking findings in two government-appointed independent inquiries into the Irish Church’s record of child sex abuse.

One of the reports found that the Government had colluded with the Church and legal authorities to cover up almost four decades of sexual abuse and beatings by priests and nuns of thousands of children in state care. The other revealed a litany of cover-ups by senior clergy in the Dublin diocese to protect the Church’s reputation.

In 1975 Cardinal Brady was a 36-year-old canon lawyer and a teacher at St Patrick’s College in Co Cavan. In his role as diocesan secretary he acted as the recorder of evidence on behalf of the bishop at a tribunal session.

At a second meeting a few weeks later he questioned witnesses and recorded their answers. The hearings were held behind closed doors at a Dominican friary and at the Norbertine Order’s Holy Trinity Abbey. They were presided over by three canon lawyers.

Smyth was accused of sexually assaulting a ten-year-old altar boy and a 14-year-old girl. The boy and girl were required to sign affidavits swearing they would not talk to anybody except priests who had been given special permission by the tribunal. The church authorities did not inform police of the allegations.

In court, Smyth admitted dozens of counts of sexual abuse of children in nine counties over 35 years to 1993. He died of a heart attack in August 1997, one month into his 12-year prison sentence.

Mr O’Gorman, a survivor of clerical abuse, said it was obscene that the victims were required to sign oaths of secrecy and that it was unthinkable for Cardinal Brady to remain as head of the Church in Ireland.

“Whatever his youth, experience or supposed innocence back in 1975, I do not find his defence of ‘I was following orders’ remotely satisfactory,” he said.

“He believed that this out-of-control paedophile had abused children and he did nothing to report this crime to the police either then, or it would appear, at any point over the next 20 years, during which Smyth continued to rape and abuse in parishes across the world with near impunity. Instead he took part in a cover-up of Smyth’s crimes.”

jhale667
03-16-2010, 04:55 PM
OK, that dude should just die. :mad:

FORD
03-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Funny thing is, it was pieces of shit like Brady whom Sinead O'Connor was talking about back when she ripped up that picture of JP on Saturday Night Live back in the 1990's. This was before the pedophilia made headlines in the US, but as the above article indicates, this shit was going down in Ireland at about the same time Sinead was virtually crucified for taking a stand against the church.

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Priest's victims forced into vow of silence - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article7061540.ece)
From Times Online
March 15, 2010

[b]Priest's victims forced into vow of silence

.”

It could be argued that the apostrophe is in the wrong place.....

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Funny thing is, it was pieces of shit like Brady whom Sinead O'Connor was talking about back when she ripped up that picture of JP on Saturday Night Live back in the 1990's. This was before the pedophilia made headlines in the US, but as the above article indicates, this shit was going down in Ireland at about the same time Sinead was virtually crucified for taking a stand against the church.

I think that shit has been going down in Ireland for over 60 years at least.

from Wikki

O'Connor's career took a political shift — especially in the United States — on 3 October 1992, when she appeared on Saturday Night Live as a musical guest. She was singing an a cappella version of Bob Marley's "War," which she intended as a protest over the sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church, by changing the lyric "racism" to "child abuse."[13] She then presented a photo of Pope John Paul II to the camera while singing the word "evil," after which she tore the photo into pieces, said "Fight the real enemy," and threw the pieces towards the camera.[14]

Saturday Night Live had no foreknowledge of O'Connor's plan. As of 2008, NBC still declines to rebroadcast the sequence, instead showing footage from the dress rehearsal where O'Connor holds a photo of an African child before bowing and leaving the stage. The dress rehearsal version is also used for 60-minute syndicated rebroadcasts (seen on Comedy Central and E! Entertainment Television). However, the original episode is available on volume four of the SNL DVD special Saturday Night Live – 25 Years of Music, with an introduction by show creator/executive producer Lorne Michaels about the incident.

As part of SNL's apology to the audience, during his opening monologue the following week, host Joe Pesci held up the photo, explaining that he had taped it back together, which gained applause. Pesci also said that if it had been his show, "I would have gave her such a smack."

Anonymous
03-16-2010, 07:23 PM
There is only one solution to this...

All paedophiles MUST be killed. Wanting to fuck children is just too fucking wrong.

And then, for good measure, burn, torture & kill everyone who believes in gods. As stories like these show, that's where most of the corruption is.

They've been doing it for millennia... time to turn the tables.

Cheers! :bottle:

Unchainme
03-16-2010, 08:34 PM
And then, for good measure, burn, torture & kill everyone who believes in gods. As stories like these show, that's where most of the corruption is.

Thing that annoys me as of late, is this new form of Atheism that has popped up.

And this is not to single you out in particular Pussylicker, your good peeps. :).

While, I do think that what my religion has done, has done some very evil things in the past and has definitely not been very christ-like, I

Don't understand the view point of doing the exact same thing that those on the religious side have doneand saying "You believe in a GOD? How feeble minded and stupid! Okay on to the fires.."

It's a right of a person to believe what they want to believe what they want, if they want to belive that "Alan the Panther" is supreme leader of the universe and attend a church on sunday that serves booze and has hot naked women dancing on poles, than by all means, believe in it! (and I may attend said services :) ). That's the way society should be. So long as it doesn't interfere or harm another person, there should be the freedom to believe in whatever you want to believe in.

FORD
03-16-2010, 08:48 PM
There is only one solution to this...

All paedophiles MUST be killed. Wanting to fuck children is just too fucking wrong.

Ironically, it was Jesus Christ - the very Man these bastards claim as their Lord, Saviour, and employer - who said that anyone who harms a child should have a millstone hung around their neck and be drowned at sea.

I think JC called it about right. I'm just not sure where the Hell to buy a millstone these days. :confused:

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Thing that annoys me as of late, is this new form of Atheism that has popped up.

And this is not to single you out in particular Pussylicker, your good peeps. :).

While, I do think that what my religion has done, has done some very evil things in the past and has definitely not been very christ-like, I

Don't understand the view point of doing the exact same thing that those on the religious side have doneand saying "You believe in a GOD? How feeble minded and stupid! Okay on to the fires.."

It's a right of a person to believe what they want to believe what they want, if they want to belive that "Alan the Panther" is supreme leader of the universe and attend a church on sunday that serves booze and has hot naked women dancing on poles, than by all means, believe in it! (and I may attend said services :) ). That's the way society should be. So long as it doesn't interfere or harm another person, there should be the freedom to believe in whatever you want to believe in.

True, but it's a backlash against religion which has become more radicalised and extreme in recent years whether it be the millions of born agains or the rise of Islamism. They have started to encrouch on everyone through issues like stem cell research, denying evolution or flying planes into buildings.

You can take some solace in the fact that the religion people, or at least the ones who say they are religious still run the planet and whilst it may be possible for a black guy to become president a white athiest couldn't.

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Ironically, it was Jesus Christ - the very Man these bastards claim as their Lord, Saviour, and employer - who said that anyone who harms a child should have a millstone hung around their neck and be drowned at sea.

I think JC called it about right. I'm just not sure where the Hell to buy a millstone these days. :confused:

How about Millstones - Millstones for sale for Landscaping, Gardens and Architectural Design. (http://www.millstones.com/) ?

chefcraig
03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
...It's a right of a person to believe what they want to believe what they want, if they want to belive that "Alan the Panther" is supreme leader of the universe and attend a church on sunday that serves booze and has hot naked women dancing on poles, than by all means, believe in it! (and I may attend said services :) ). That's the way society should be. So long as it doesn't interfere or harm another person, there should be the freedom to believe in whatever you want to believe in.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YliBqsV3YMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YliBqsV3YMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Unchainme
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
True, but it's a backlash against religion which has become more radicalised and extreme in recent years whether it be the millions of born agains or the rise of Islamism. They have started to encrouch on everyone through issues like stem cell research, denying evolution or flying planes into buildings.

You can take some solace in the fact that the religion people, or at least the ones who say they are religious still run the planet and whilst it may be possible for a black guy to become president a white athiest couldn't.

The extremists are morons, not denying that, and have been keeping us mirred from accomplishing a lot of things to advance humankind. Gallieo obviously comes to mind.

Just saying that the recent dawkins follower Atheists that have come out of the woodwork are almost as bad.

Have no problem if you have faith, are agnostic or an atheist, just have a problem with people trying to force a view point down ones throat, I believe thats wrong no matter what you personally believe in.

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Of course.

Most religious people though get indoctrinated with their religion when they are children before they have a chance to think about what they believe in.

That really is forcing your beliefs down the throat but doesn't count if the parent gives consent for some reason.

Anonymous
03-16-2010, 09:20 PM
The extremists are morons, not denying that, and have been keeping us mirred from accomplishing a lot of things to advance humankind. Gallieo obviously comes to mind.

Just saying that the recent dawkins follower Atheists that have come out of the woodwork are almost as bad.

Have no problem if you have faith, are agnostic or an atheist, just have a problem with people trying to force a view point down ones throat, I believe thats wrong no matter what you personally believe in.

Dude, I don't follow anybody.

I believe that people should be left alone to believe in what they want to believe.

But if their beliefs cause them to hunt other people, then hunt THEM first.

Eyes for an eye, teeth for tooth & if you support an intolerant belief, don't even dare to ask ME to be tolerant...

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 09:28 PM

Bible tennis, the book you can make say anything. :)

Matthew 19:29 (New International Version)

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother[a] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

So Jesus blatantly encouraged people to leave their children to follow him.

The word for that is neglect and a form of child abuse.

Kristy
03-16-2010, 10:29 PM

O'Connor was not the first to publically denounce the teachings and, especially above all else, the behaviors going on within the Catholic Church. You have to realize being raised in the Catholic faith that you never criticize The Pope or even the Church itself. This is why I always called the Catholic faith as being nothing more than a cult run by some pretty fucked-up people who thrive on the abuse of others knowing full well there will be little in the way of reproach for their criminal behavior; they hide their shame under monikers of "Holy", "Eucharist", "Liturgical Rites," what have you that they can do no wrong so they are never questioned even if they're suspected for nefarious doings of parishioners.

It's not just a cliche that Catholics go into therapy for one reason or another for the abuse they endured being raised in the faith. I personally was more than emotionally fucked up in relationships for years due to what nuns told me about my body, my lady "mannerisms', my "lustful thoughts" because I said I found a boy to be cute when I was 14 or so. What O'Connor did on SNL was bring out into the light what may Catholics were feeling abut their faith. Now, in the manner in which she did it I didn't agree with for I think she painted the entire Church with one big brush when I've known plenty of priests and nuns who actually do good work and sacrifice much of themselves to help others and do so without mention of merit or thanks in return (not many people in the world these days who do that). But as the saying goes: it's always the few bad apples who spoil the entire cart.

Anonymous
03-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Kristy, has it ever occurred to you that those priests & nuns who were/are devoted to their faith & sacrifice much of themselves could actually be doing a good work & sacrificing much of themselves on things that actually matter & make a difference?

That would mean the church is impeding those people to do something worthwhile for everyone, as opposed to the christians alone.

Ally_Kat
03-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Uh-huh. So if a group of men, say some Cub Scout leaders, teachers or librarians were overwhelmed by their duties and resorted to molesting children, you'd recommend they be moved to other groups, schools or libraries until the allegations against them were proven false, is that it?

Well, that just solves everything, doesn't it?

Your "calling" doesn't make you a pederast, nor does it allow you any latitude in forgiveness against those you exploit. And it sure as hell should not be taken into consideration as an excuse for being a child molester.

Um, no Craig. I don't recommend them being moved to other duties. Go re-read what I wrote. I'm not advocating for or supporting what is being done, nor did I say they do it because they are "overwhelmed by their duties." I'm merely stating what is being done with the accused and why. I am by no means a big fan of the actual guilty getting away with their deeds.

Unchainme
03-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Um, no Craig. I don't recommend them being moved to other duties. Go re-read what I wrote. I'm not advocating for or supporting what is being done, nor did I say they do it because they are "overwhelmed by their duties." I'm merely stating what is being done with the accused and why. I am by no means a big fan of the actual guilty getting away with their deeds.

Ally! Whatsup?

-thechained.

Kristy
03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
Kristy, has it ever occurred to you that those priests & nuns who were/are devoted to their faith & sacrifice much of themselves could actually be doing a good work & sacrificing much of themselves on things that actually matter & make a difference?

That would mean the church is impeding those people to do something worthwhile for everyone, as opposed to the christians alone.

Um yes, I believe I said that. But the ones who do that don't on the merits of the Church itself. The Catholic faith is more or less a system of "works" which I can agree with but one doesn't need the approval of the Church in order for one to do good for another - if that makes sense.

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 11:29 PM
I read Imapus post as meaning a lot of people who are good in the church could and would just as easily do good outwith the church but more importantly a lot of work done is wasted on nonsense.

For example most of the money raised by Mother Theresa went to building nunneries not helping those in desperate need in India.

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 11:38 PM
I

went to building nunneries

Oh shit....

You just gave Imapus an erection.

Anonymous
03-16-2010, 11:44 PM
I read Imapus post as meaning a lot of people who are good in the church could and would just as easily do good outwith the church but more importantly a lot of work done is wasted on nonsense.

Yeah, that was it. Thank you Sesh. I tried to make it clearer, but when I drink, I just can't explain myself. Which is a shame, since I begin to see everything so clearly just before I plunge into forgetfulness.

The next day, all I have is a hangover & a few more scraps of the true meaning of the universe.

For example most of the money raised by Mother Theresa went to building nunneries not helping those in desperate need in India.

Nunneries are a good thing & no matter how bad Theresa was, we'll always have that to thank her.

Nunned

Anonymous
03-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Oh shit....

You just gave Imapus an erection.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6792/spankedbyanun.jpg

:spank:

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Now DAT be for true!!

WOOT!!!!
:D

ace diamond
03-24-2010, 04:30 PM
your mighty unholiness, ignore these idiots.
it was their own sick minds and utter stupidity that led them to rape and molest those children.
it's just easier for them to blame you instead of facing reality and owning the responsibility for their own sick actions.

but that's ok, i know you have that very extra special torture chamber for these fools when they get down to you.
H A I L
S A T A N

Unchainme
03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
your mighty unholiness, ignore these idiots.
it was their own sick minds and utter stupidity that led them to rape and molest those children.
it's just easier for them to blame you instead of facing reality and owning the responsibility for their own sick actions.

but that's ok, i know you have that very extra special torture chamber for these fools when they get down to you.
H A I L
S A T A N

Satan doesn't want you a follower.

He thinks you're a tool.

So, Ace still suckling at Welfare teet and wasting our good tax dollar by eating at KFC and playing in shitty tribute bands?

Sensible Shoes
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
It's really quite simple to me. This elderly exorcist priest claims that people spit out nails, finger sized pieces of metal and rose petals during exorcism. That ALONE should tell you that this is a piece of delusional shit.

You wanna see demonic activity? Wait until next week when this shit shows up on the cover of the Enquirer. Oh yeah, they got sources this time!!!!! The aliens are next.

Seshmeister
03-24-2010, 08:19 PM
It's such insanity it's hardly worth the time ripping to bits but just a little point for shits and giggles.

He says he has dealt with 70 000 cases in the last 25 years.

70000/25/365 means he has dealt with 7.6 cases a day every day, no holidays, sick time or whatever. That's cases not exorcisms since apparently according to the laws of medieval woo it often takes quite a few to dispel the monsters.

binnie
03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
It could just mean that he dealt with reports of exorcisms every day, rather than performing them, but it's a point well made Sesh......