PDA

View Full Version : Finger-in-Chili Woman Banned From Wendy's

Candy Girl
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
David Knowles
Writer

AOL News

(March 11) -- Anna Ayala will not be dining at a Wendy's restaurant anytime soon.

The woman who gained infamy in 2005 when she planted a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili is out of prison. One of the conditions of her probation is that she never set foot in the fast-food chain again.

Joe Cavaretta, AP
Anna Ayala, shown in court in 2005, claimed she found a finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili. Police determined she planted the finger.
In her first interview since her release, Ayala admitted to CBS affiliate KPIX-TV that she had cooked the finger in a bowl of chili and later transferred it into a Wendy's container.

"I cooked it," she told KPIX.

Ayala said that, following a Wendy's recipe, she made the chili at her home in Las Vegas, froze it for several months, and eventually drove to a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose, Calif., where she pretended to find the finger in her meal.

"Wendy's had nothing to do with this," Ayala said.

Ayala was released from prison nearly a year ago after serving four years of a nine-year sentence. "I'm changed," Ayala, 44, told KPIX. "Prison changes a person."

She said she granted the interview so that she could publicly apologize and begin getting on with her life. "I deeply apologize," Ayala said. "I hurt a lot of people. I hurt my family, my children, due to my stupidity."

Ayala's initial claim that Wendy's was to blame for the finger in the chili set off a firestorm of negative publicity that the restaurant chain estimates cost it $21 million in lost sales, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

An investigation launched by the San Jose Police Department revealed inconsistencies in Ayala's story, and the finger was ultimately traced to Brian Rossiter, a co-worker of Ayala's husband, Jaime Plascencia.

Rossiter later testified in court that he lost the finger in a work accident and gave it to Ayala's husband to settle a $100 bet. On Jan. 18, 2006, both Plascencia and Ayala were found guilty of attempting to extort money from Wendy's.

"I think about it every day," Ayala told KPIX. "What was I thinking?"
Filed under: Nation, Weird News, Crime

:barf: Hope you weren't eating anything when you read this.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-12-2010, 12:32 PM
i wonder if she knows this lady..olice: Manitowoc Woman Bitten By Bear Was Drunk
Woman Fined $681
Posted: 9:54 pm CST March 11,2010

Text Size
AAA
MANITOWOC, Wis. -- Manitowoc police said a woman whose fingers were bitten off by an Asiatic black bear at Lincoln Park Zoo last week was drunk.
Police Capt. Scott Luchterhand said Thursday that tests taken several hours after Friday's incident show Tracy Weiler, 47, had a blood-alcohol content of 0.16 percent. That's twice the legal limit for driving.
Police told the Herald Times Reporter of Manitowoc that Weiler's boyfriend was also intoxicated. They were both cited for violating park rules, including having alcohol in the zoo and crossing safety barriers.
Luchterhand said they'll each pay a $681 fine.
Weiler was released Wednesday from Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah. A hospital spokeswoman couldn't say what doctors were able to do for Weiler's hand, and Weiler has declined interview requests.

chefcraig
03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
A hospital spokeswoman couldn't say what doctors were able to do for Weiler's hand, and Weiler has declined interview requests.

Well in fairness, she probably can't hold a phone.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Well in fairness, she probably can't hold a phone.

and if she was already deaf, now she can't talk;)

chefcraig
03-12-2010, 01:11 PM
No wonder she drinks.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM
out of a tommy tippy cup now

Dan
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Finger Food.:D

WARF
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
What's wrong with fingerin' chili?!

chefcraig
03-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Ayala admitted to CBS affiliate KPIX-TV that she had cooked the finger in a bowl of chili and later transferred it into a Wendy's container.

"I cooked it," she told KPIX.

Ayala said that, following a Wendy's recipe, she made the chili at her home in Las Vegas, froze it for several months, and eventually drove to a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose, Calif., where she pretended to find the finger in her meal.

The one thing that stands out in this story is the woman states that she cooked both the finger and the chili herself. So you can pretty much rest assuredly knowing she'd done the job properly, unlike the teenagers working at Wendy's...

kwame k
03-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Rossiter later testified in court that he lost the finger in a work accident and gave it to Ayala's husband to settle a $100 bet.

Always wondered what the going rate was for a severed digit :umm:

Bill Lumbergh
03-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I lived literally blocks away from that exact Wendy's when this shit happened. Before everyone knew it was a hoax, we were freaking out since we fucking ate there once in a while. As if the workers at fast food places dont stick the buns up their asses etc anyway....

PETE'S BROTHER
03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
What's wrong with fingerin' chili?!

depends on who "chili" is:hee:

Blackflag
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I lived literally blocks away from that exact Wendy's when this shit happened. Before everyone knew it was a hoax, we were freaking out since we fucking ate there once in a while. As if the workers at fast food places dont stick the buns up their asses etc anyway....

Bill...San Jose is a shithole.

degüello
03-13-2010, 01:00 AM
I can't believe she did that much time for that. People do far worse things and are out much faster.