PDA

View Full Version : Once Again with the Free Speech Argument and the Censorship Martyrs

LoungeMachine
03-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Every few months or so for whatever reason we get another cry of CENSORSHIP!!! and/or WHERE'S MY FREE SPEECH??

Sometimes posters take the rules for what they are, and move on with their debates.

Sometimes posters decide to perform "suicide by webbie" and push it so far as to warrant banning. [10 days or forever]

So let's review for the jack[ass]mars of the board who can't quite grasp the concept of a privately owned web site versus the town public square.

There are very few limits to your free speech here:

No dick pics

No personal information

No threats of violence

No *N* word, or other derogatory hate terms.

No pics of that would not be safe for work outside of the Picture-palooza

And finally, please remember that when you signed up here, you ACCEPTED this statement:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of The Diamond David Lee Roth Army reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

That's right, mensa. For. Any. Reason.

So you KNEW coming in that this was NOT a "free speech zone", so stop your fucking whining, you fucking fuckity fuck.

Hate anyone not white? Join the Klan.

Hate abortion? [we all do, asshole] Feel free to picket a clinic with whatever pic you want.

But stop thinking that just because you want to post anything you think will get your point across, that you have the right to here...

Because you don't.

And one last thing......

Whining about it after the fact doesn't win you friends, or influence people. It just makes you look like a bitter, internet chub.

:gulp:

feel free to discuss how hurt you are that at times we have THE RIGHT to edit your shit we deem out of bounds for this site, as prescribed by the owner of this site.

chefcraig
03-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Look, here's the deal on the alleged "censorship" at this or any site: It has absolutely nothing to do with suppressing your ability to express your intents, ideas or beliefs. What it has to do with is the following...

Not everyone here posts from the Bat Cave or their mom's living room. The truth is, many of us view this site during the course of the day from work. Yep, every so often, we take a break from dealing with nitwits at the job to find with some distractions in cyber space.

So there you are, mindlessly clicking on a thread at the ARMY about politics, and what pops up on your screen? Yup, the image of a baby, covered in blood. And what makes this event even more precious, the same boss that has been on your ass for the past two weeks because things have been slow now decides at that very minute to approach you about some petty nonsense.

Swell, eh? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-ashamed-smileys-705.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sign-Smileys/)

So get it through your thick skull: This ain't about you, your political affiliation, your ideas or your conclusions, nor is it some attempt to stifle your ability to express any of them. It owes to common sense and the respect of others that view the site.

And if you are incapable of entering into some areas of creative political discourse without the need of offensive visual aids, then perhaps political forums are not the best place for your opinions in the first place.

hambon4lif
03-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Personally, I don't see how it's possible how anyone can color outside the lines. I guess you have to be on other boards in order to realize just how much breathing room you have here...I couldn't get away with half the shit I do anywhere else.

I've been able to share lurid tales of my random sexual encounters with loose women in public places, in graphic detail. And I'm able to do that in the proper forum.
If I feel the urge to start a photo gallery of my notorious, insatiable fascination of 2 chicks making out with each other, I'm able to do that in the proper forum.
If I feel like expressing my belief that most politicians are lowlife cocksucking scumbag motherfuckers, I'm able to do that in the proper forum.
If I feel like saying "Sammy Hagar licks the duck-butter from the crack of his fat mothers ass!", I'm able to do that too. (pretty much any forum, I think.)
And last, and certainly not least, I can fucking say "FUCK" whenever I fucking feel like it.

Trust me when I tell you that you can't get away with any of this on other boards. I've already tried.

It's all 'time & place'. There's an incredible ammount of liberties here and very few restrictions. Fucking up and crossing the line would have to be a conscious decision on your part.....you would really have to be trying.

I got no problems....I can roll with the quo!:happy0158:

Nickdfresh
03-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Stickying this biotch...

kwame k
03-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Guess I'll chime in, too.

As much as I post here I know that this is not my site nor do I really have a say in how it's moderated. What I do have a choice in and what everyone else does too, is that if I disagree with how this or any other place is ran.....I can leave and so can anyone else.

The rules here are very simple and not that hard to follow. We are given a ton of latitude here and, as Ham mentioned, there are sites out there that don't even come close to the freedom we enjoy here.

Strangely, there are people here that just don't seem to get it.

LoungeMachine
03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
One look at the list of those who have cried "Censorship!" over the years, and the subject kind of makes you smile.

Andy [pedobear] Taylor

Thome [is this glue fresh?] Trailer

Black [ban me please!!]flag

Cadaver [I did not have sexual relations with that sock] dog

Hyman [she LOOKED legal] Roth

Jack [ass] mar

These clowns always get worked up because they think they have the RIGHT to say and post ANYTHING they want.....

welll chumps, hate to break it to you...but you don't.

LoungeMachine
03-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Guess I'll chime in, too.

As much as I post here I know that this is not my site nor do I really have a say in how it's moderated. What I do have a choice in and what everyone else does too, is that if I disagree with how this or any other place is ran.....I can leave and so can anyone else.

The rules here are very simple and not that hard to follow. We are given a ton of latitude here and, as Ham mentioned, there are sites out there that don't even come close to the freedom we enjoy here.

Strangely, there are people here that just don't seem to get it.

I swear sometimes it seems as if these guys have been banned from every other site on the internets, and now THIS place is their last hope to speak....

Don't like the [very few] rules here?

Ok.

Then find another site. Plenty out there.

Can you make your arguments, and have discussions without going off the rails? Great, please contribute.

Why some think that they should get to do whateverthefuck they please here is beyond me.....

kwame k
03-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey, we all say things in the heat of a debate that we may want to take back or even regret posting later but the fact remains that it's not hard to follow the rules here.

Who on God's green earth thinks that posting an aborted fetus is anywhere near acceptable.

How stupid do you have to be to post private or personal information on a web site and then get offended when people call you out on it or edit your post.

Luckily, it's just a select few morons who, in the face of losing a debate, try one last ditch effort to win the argument by offending or outrageous comments. Really, it just shows how little social skills you have to post some of the offensive or private information people have tried here.

LoungeMachine
03-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Yes, thanks Kwame.....

I forgot all about having to EDIT disgrACE Diaper's posting of personal info of someone he knows who has nothing to do with this site....

He posted her FUCKING CELL NUMBER for God's sake......

JackASSmark had run out of argument, and had nothing left in his bag but SHOCK value....

The sign of a beaten down man.

kwame k
03-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Sure is and if that's all you have left to resort to in a debate, it's better to just move on and post nothing.

The fetus thing didn't offend me personally but I can sure as hell see how it could offend people here.....I think the other thing that people don't think about is we have hundreds of people looking at our posts who are not registered members. If by some stupid act of one of the select few idiots here ruins it or causes any grief for the people, who mod this site without pay I might add, then I for one am all for the actions the mods have taken, period.

hambon4lif
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Who on God's green earth thinks that posting an aborted fetus is anywhere near acceptable.Fuck it!...if no one else will, I'll say it!
The very same people who lack the education and vocabulary skills at their disposal to get their point across with words.

For example, if I wanted to drive a point home in the heat of an argument, and it involved an aborted fetus, I would be able to describe it with words to the point where you could see it yourself....every single time you closed your eyes. The ones who feel they have to post pics to make their point are the same illiterate shitbags who aren't worth debating in the first place!

Let's swing this political so as it's in the right place.....during one of the Teabagger rallys earler this year, someone saw fit to bring a graphic picture of the holocaust to one of their rallys.....not only did I find this extremely offensive (and if you're asking...yes I very much am, ok?), I wanted to pick up my monitor and give it a 90mph trip to the wall!!
If you're trying to make me see your point, there are other ways of doing so...showing graphic pictures isn't one of them. That only infuriates me to the point where I want to slash your tires, burn your house down, and fuck your mother in her ass. and that gets us nowhere.....

The best advice I have to give is.....if you're going to debate someone....do your goddamn homework first. You're on the World-Wide-Web motherfucker!!....it's not too much to ask.

LoungeMachine
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
werd.

chefcraig
03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Fuck it!...if no one else will, I'll say it!
The very same people who lack the education and vocabulary skills at their disposal to get their point across with words.

For example...

Damn, dude...that's fuckin' poetry! Sure you aren't related to Rimbaud? :appl:

Nicely done. :notworthy:

ZahZoo
03-15-2010, 08:37 AM
It's cuntcerning though... the "obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented" clause.

Seems to me that would kill 90% of all threads here... or are we just talking about no posting real pics of guitar shark?

ELVIS
03-15-2010, 09:42 AM
o

ot

aughty

ice

erd

iether

asty

oise

avy

eat

est

uclear

othing

igger

:elvis:

FORD
03-15-2010, 02:03 PM
... or are we just talking about no posting real pics of guitar shark?

Nah, you don't need real pictures. These will do.... :biggrin:

http://www.olsen-twins-news.com/newsimages/july2005/news.h5.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/turnersports/nba/news/2000/04/25/turnersports_hornacek/t1_hornacek_all_01.jpg

Blackflag
03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Censorship is for ignorant, small minds.

(Though I support no dick pics.)

PETE'S BROTHER
03-15-2010, 03:07 PM

silly sumbitch;)

Guitar Shark
03-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Nah, you don't need real pictures. These will do.... :biggrin:

Careful there, Mr. Daly... :D

FORD
03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Careful there, Mr. Daly... :D

Shit, after the recent Tiger Woods soap opera, John's gotta work hard to get his title back. And I don't mean for actually playing golf. :biggrin:

LoungeMachine
03-15-2010, 04:36 PM

I love it when you contradict yourself in the same post.

So you're for "some" censorship, so long as YOU decide what's out of bounds?

Blackflag
03-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Who says Lounge Queer doesn't have a sense of humor?

Nickdfresh
03-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Who says Lounge Queer doesn't have a sense of humor?

Your mother wouldn't. She finds him engaging and funny as he ejaculates on her back...

Blackflag
03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
My mom has been a corpse for years. So you're probably right.

Hardrock69
03-16-2010, 12:37 AM
fucking hambon4lif motherfucker.

That was fucking poetry.
:D

Kristy
03-16-2010, 10:40 PM
No dick pics

No personal information

No threats of violence

No *N* word, or other derogatory hate terms.

No pics of that would not be safe for work outside of the Picture-palooza

Okay, so I get it. The Roth Army is not a democracy and that the webmasters/moderators have the authority to edit, denounce, regulate and even delete content. I so wanted to make a joke here about the "no dicks pics" rule but I'll refrain.

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Okay, so I get it. The Roth Army is not a democracy and that the webmasters/moderators have the authority to edit, denounce, regulate and even delete content. I so wanted to make a joke here about the "no dicks pics" rule but I'll refrain.

Feel free....

The last person to get uptight about the "no dic pic" rule decided to post a "dick bong" to test the waters.

Yes, she was banned.

You're one of the more respected posters here, and I doubt would ever come close to crossing the lines. And if you did, would be given the benefit of the doubt.

But some here are only here to shock and cry censorship....

they never last.

Kristy
03-16-2010, 11:04 PM
No, I'll refrain. It was a joke only. No visual content.

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 11:06 PM
We're used to dick jokes around here.....

see also: BigBadBrian and BlackFlag

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Okay, so I get it. The Roth Army is not a democracy and that the webmasters/moderators have the authority to edit, denounce, regulate and even delete content. .

True.

But then again, doesn't this really describe every forum on the internets?

Are there actually any forums out there run as democracies? Or that has no out-of-bounds markers?

Granted, I'm no expert, since this is one of only 4 or 5 I've ever posted on in my life.

But aren't most if not all run by moderators and webbies who have a set of guidelines, which naturally are incapable of making everyone on the board happy?

Blackflag
03-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Aww, Lounge has a crush on Kristy. Isn't that sweet?

Get off the internet and go take your 3rd wife to the Whataburger, loser.

LoungeMachine
03-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Aww, Lounge has a crush on Kristy. Isn't that sweet?

Get off the internet and go take your 3rd wife to the Whataburger, loser.

:lmao:

mancrush

You're so cattie when you get jealous.... :D

Blackflag
03-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Cattie?

Sorry, I only get mancrushes on men who can spell.

Seriously, aren't you a little old to have a "cyber-crush" on somebody, dumbass? Go do something with your retarded family. They miss you.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 12:28 AM

And so it begins.....

Poor Yakima.

Just can't function without my attention.

Are you due for another plea to the webbies to ban you because you can't quit us?

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Sorry, I only get mancrushes on men who can spell.

Hello, siggy :D

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Deflection now? Don't be so embarrassed. There's nothing wrong with having a crush on a girl! It's just that most of us get it out of our system when we're 10, and not after we're divorced multiple times. :hee:

Carry on.

Anonymous
03-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Deflection now? Don't be so embarrassed. There's nothing wrong with having a crush on a girl! It's just that most of us get it out of our system when we're 10, and not after we're divorced multiple times. :hee:

Carry on.

You mean you got girls out of your system when you were 10? And never looked back?

Hardly surprising.

Anyways, what's so wrong on having a crush on Kristy? I have a crush on Kristy. I think she's beautiful & intellu.. intelij... klev.. culev... smart. That's hot.

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
03-17-2010, 12:44 AM
She's got classy shoes, too.

Cheers! :bottle:

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Deflection now? Don't be so embarrassed. There's nothing wrong with having a crush on a girl! It's just that most of us get it out of our system when we're 10, :hee:

And so you are saying you outgrew girls at age 10 and moved on to men?
:hee:

hambon4lif
03-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Sorry, I only get mancrushes on men who can spell.I personally hope you find the 'man of your dreams', and that he'll be able to help you with your posts.
Then maybe those sorry assed 3-word movie reviews of yours will finally come to an end!

Happy Hunting!:happy0158:

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 01:08 AM
I personally hope you find the 'man of your dreams', and that he'll be able to help you with your posts.
Then maybe those sorry assed 3-word movie reviews of yours will finally come to an end!

Dream on, motherfucker. Because I feel another movie coming on!

:fucku:

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Once an idiot, always an idiot.

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 01:49 AM
At least I'm not pro-censorship, choadgobbler. Think about it.

sadaist
03-17-2010, 02:14 AM
It's not really censorship. This is one guys personal website and there are a few things he prefers aren't on it. Considering all the shit he allows to happen here, I think it's a fair trade off.

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 02:20 AM
It's not really censorship. This is one guys personal website and there are a few things he prefers aren't on it. Considering all the shit he allows to happen here, I think it's a fair trade off.

It's fair, and it's fine.

But that doesn't mean it's not censorship, and that's some ignorant shit. That's what Lounge Queen fails to realize.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 03:29 AM

But that doesn't mean it's not censorship, and that's some ignorant shit. That's what Lounge Queen fails to realize.

Hypocrite much?

I never said IT'S NOT censorship, you fucking moron.....

I just said YOU and every other mouthbreathing troll who whines about it can just suck it up and deal, or move onto another site.

Why now start The Yakima Army and post all of the pics of dead fetuses, dicks, and scat you want, followed by spouting the N word anytime you lose an argument....?

No one will care what you do, trust me.

But HERE, you have to follow the rules, or get flushed. :D

Your M.O. of course is to beg the webbies to ban you :lmao:

LoungeMachine
03-17-2010, 03:30 AM

But that doesn't mean it's not censorship, and that's some ignorant shit. .

So it's fair, fine, and ignorant.

:rolleyes:

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 02:20 PM
I never said IT'S NOT censorship, you fucking moron.....

DLR is all about freedom.

You want censorship, try the Linx

You're such a confused little pussy.

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/nimage/8735412a155e23b4

the N word anytime you lose an argument....?

"the N word." What are you, fucking 7?

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Speak for yourself, loser.

Blackflag
03-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Why the fuck would I ever want to speak for you?

"Would you like fries with that, sir?"

"Harder, Lounge!!"

Hardrock69
03-17-2010, 02:47 PM
You cannot "speak for me".

You are not worthy to even dream about licking the bottom of my shoe after I have walked through a pile of Garshit.

Get over it.

BigBadBrian
03-18-2010, 12:48 PM
We're used to dick jokes around here.....

see also: BigBadBrian and BlackFlag

You're the only dickjoke around here, Pinocchio. :fufu:

Nickdfresh
03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
At least I'm not pro-censorship, choadgobbler. Think about it.

Then start your own board, Joan of Cock...

ELVIS
03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Nickofdick...

:biggrin:

Nickdfresh
03-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Did you think of that while giving a spongebath, Florance?

hideyoursheep
03-20-2010, 09:18 AM
You're the only dickjoke around here, Pinocchio. :fufu:

Everyone just ignore Brian...He woke up on the wrong side of the cock this morning.:tongue0011:

binnie
03-20-2010, 09:26 AM
And the band played on...........

Dr. Love
03-21-2010, 04:45 AM
Just be glad it's a no dick pic policy and not a no dick policy.

Otherwise none of you retards would be allowed to post here.

BigBadBrian
03-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Nickofdick...

:biggrin:

:biggrin: :hee: :lmao:

BigBadBrian
03-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Just be glad it's a no dick pic policy and not a no dick policy.

Otherwise none of you retards would be allowed to post here.

Quiet in the peanut gallery, I say. :tongue0011:

jacksmar
03-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Yes, thanks Kwame.....

I forgot all about having to EDIT disgrACE Diaper's posting of personal info of someone he knows who has nothing to do with this site....

He posted her FUCKING CELL NUMBER for God's sake......

JackASSmark had run out of argument, and had nothing left in his bag but SHOCK value....

The sign of a beaten down man.

Wrong again computer fuck. I have a life. You spend your time on this site with your dick in one hand a bottle of tequila in the just like fucking Sammy Hagar.

You made your self out to be The RUDE one by your own tagline, but when it comes down to it, your just another one of the ethnic cleansing fucks from Milan.

LoungeMachine
03-21-2010, 01:14 PM

jhale667
03-21-2010, 02:20 PM

Hard to feel at all insulted by an assclown who can't use a contraction correctly in a sentence, isn't it? :D

Dr. Love
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Quiet in the peanut gallery, I say. :tongue0011:

When I want to hear you talk, I'll pull my dick out of your mouth and tell you what to say. :tongue0011:

kwame k
03-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Wrong again computer fuck. I have a life. You spend your time on this site with your dick in one hand a bottle of tequila in the just like fucking Sammy Hagar.

You made your self out to be The RUDE one by your own tagline, but when it comes down to it, your just another one of the ethnic cleansing fucks from Milan.

WTF does that even mean :pullinghair:

Have you been moonlighting in Milan again, Lounge..........
How many times do we have to go over this, no matter how ethnical or moral you run a house cleaning business in Milan, it'll never work :)

LoungeMachine
03-21-2010, 03:45 PM
papsmar is really pretty funny. Of course he doesn't mean to be.....

Glad to know he has a life [outside of trolling DLR meassage boards posting pics of dead babies]

BigBadBrian
03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
When I want to hear you talk, I'll pull my dick out of your mouth and tell you what to say. :tongue0011:

I have no doubt your dick is in a man's mouth, but it sure isn't mine.

What's up with you and Nick and all the fag references?

Wow, just fucking WOW!!!

Now we know who your other dude is. :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
03-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I have no doubt your dick is in a man's mouth, but it sure isn't mine.

Too busy with someone elses'?

What's up with you and Nick and all the fag references?

I didn't make any references to fags. Maybe you're projecting?

Wow, just fucking WOW!!!

Now we know who your other dude is. :biggrin:

Oh, um. Calm down, dude. You're so excitable...

Dr. Love
03-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Wow, just fucking WOW!!!

deep breaths dude, and try not to think of me so much. You'll get through the day.

knuckleboner
03-24-2010, 12:53 AM
so lounge asshole decides what pics i can and can't post?! you know what? fuck you, lounge. i'll post whatever the fuck i want to post...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wFWqWIH-WFU/Sq1llqqInnI/AAAAAAAALL0/C6xvuN_oSGU/s400/Dick-Cheney-Heart-Ailment.jpg

Dr. Love
03-24-2010, 01:16 AM
I've heard that Lounge makes most decisions with his asshole, not just what pics you can post here.

LoungeMachine
03-24-2010, 01:20 AM
I've heard that Lounge makes most decisions with his asshole, not just what pics you can post here.

It's like a Magic 8-Ball

Dr. Love
03-24-2010, 01:22 AM
but one of the broken ones, where, no matter how you shake it or turn it upside down, it just keeps showing "try again later" ...

Cathedral
03-28-2010, 11:04 AM
so stop your fucking whining, you fucking fuckity fuck.

LMMFAO, I like this, A LOT!!!
Came across like a lyric in the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang theme.

Oh - you - fuckity fuck fuck, fuckity fuck fuck we love you

FORD
03-28-2010, 01:45 PM
I thought it sounded more South Parkish actually....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEhfydhSXBg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEhfydhSXBg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cathedral
03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
LOL, who doesn't love South Park???

GO-SPURS-GO
03-28-2010, 08:22 PM
LOL, who doesn't love South Park???

<---- that guy! :biggrin:

Satan
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Well, I'm not all that crazy about the way they portray me, as a homosexual having a relationship with Saddam Hussein. But aside from that, it's a great show. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

jhale667
03-29-2010, 06:32 PM
South Park rocks. :killer:

DLR'sCock
03-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Hahahaha, I haven't been here in a long time, but this just cracks me up!