PDA

View Full Version : God GOD - Experience Hendrix Tour - Living Colour Are GODS....

Hardrock69
03-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Granted they had good material to play to start with.
Fucking Living Colour just fucking SMOKED! Blew my muffukking mind!

Just got sent a recording of the LA stop on the tour. Fucking astonishing performances by everyone.

Very much worth seeing if they are "coming soon to a theater near you....."

Ernie Isley, Chris Layton, Billy Cox, Doyle Bramhall, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Johnny Lang, Hubert Sumlin, Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani.

They all smoked. All of them. Some of the very best interpretations of Hendrix material I have ever heard live by other bands (though Frank Marino and Randy Hansen can usually play versions of Hendrix almost impossible to improve upon).

Doyle Bramhall doing "Who Knows?" by Band Of Gypsys.....
wow. fucking groovy man. like....dig it...y'know? like...y'know whut i mean main? Sheeeeeiiiiit. We bad. Muffukkaz....

GAR
03-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Who was the bass player in Living Colour?

twonabomber
03-15-2010, 01:06 AM
i think Wimbish is still on bass.

Hardrock69
03-15-2010, 01:33 AM
I don't recall. I think it was Muzz Skillings. I don't recall Corey Glover announcing Wimbish. But so fucking what. Man. Corey Glover was wailing on vocals also. They TORE IT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Hardrock69
03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Damn....found on the LC website some shit about Spamulus Flatulus getting up at the SF show to 'blat' with Joe Satriani.

Too bad.

Hardrock69
03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Has to be Wimbish. Corey introduced the band, but I did not pay attention.

Whatever. Band = Good.

Hardrock69
03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Dupe post? :confused:

ELVIS
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qgrwe2zJqeo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qgrwe2zJqeo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:elvis:

Diamondjimi
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
It's Wimbish. Killer bassist...

I like Reid's playing too. But he should avoid trying to play fast. It always seems to turn to mush.jmo...

Hardrock69
03-16-2010, 01:46 AM
One thing for sure...Vernon does have a unique quality about his tone. A sorta 'musical' harmonic overtone kinda thang. Really groovy.

Diamondjimi
03-16-2010, 02:27 AM
One thing for sure...Vernon does have a unique quality about his tone. A sorta 'musical' harmonic overtone kinda thang. Really groovy.

Agreed. Although he has a "fridge" of processing I dig his clean tones best.
His lead tones in this video are very much Jimi sounding. :baaa: