PDA

View Full Version : New RATT Single

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
This is their new single "Best of Me". This song is available on iTunes. The album "Infestation" is expected to come out on April 20, 2010. All rights to Ratt.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjEYZaG8rYQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjEYZaG8rYQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

VanHalener
03-16-2010, 08:15 PM
If I could find the sumbitch on my ipod I would buy it. Not bad. Not bad.

Matt White
03-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Not bad power pop....

Warren can still play

chefcraig
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
This is pretty cool, from the band's MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/therattpack). The piece goes into detail on what lead up to the group getting together for recording, and includes a clip of Warren working on a solo for a track off the forthcoming album.

As the story goes, Ratt helped pioneer Hollywood’s legendary Sunset Strip sound and scene. The band has returned sounding fired up and better than ever. Ratt’s first studio album in 11 years, Infestation, is a return to their heavy, riff driven roots. The band has reinvented their sound by rediscovering their strengths, shuttling listeners to a time when metal ruled the earth and real musicians wore eyeliner like a badge of honor.

“We wanted this to be like something that we would have written right after [1984’s] Out of the Cellar, says vocalist Stephen Pearcy. “We definitely went back to basics with the mindset of a band with a lot of excitement and some great songs to get out.”

Right out of the box, Infestation ignites like gasoline to an open flame, bursting with an energy and attitude absent from metal for years, unheard, perhaps, since before the dawn of DVDs, grunge and Facebook. Album opener “Eat Me Up Alive” slaps you in the face with attitude and a timeless riff that has been a staple in Ratt’s music and has set them apart from the pack. From the strip pole gyrations of “Look Out Below” to the keg party anthem “Take a Big Bite,” Infestation rages with a life and energy that Ratt is famous for.

Yet Infestation is more than a party album. While the music is a glorious celebration throughout, some of the lyrics are serious and sobering, weighing the benefits of monogamy versus the thrill of rampant hedonism without being preachy or judgmental.

“I was not in that good of a place emotionally when we were writing this record,” admits Pearcy. “Sure there are sexual innuendos and party stuff, but there are also songs that deal with some very real issues. The lyrics meant so much to me that every morning for weeks prior to recording, I would wake up and rewrite. It was a strange process for me, but it worked.”

Ratt started writing Infestation in January 2009, and by April they had 20 new songs, which they refined with producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette (Chevelle, Alter Bridge).

“We decided not to pursue recording a Ratt record when Stephen was out of the band,” says guitarist Warren DeMartini. “We definitely wanted to retain that same lineup for a long time, but life comes along and changes those plans. Stephen quit the band, and we didn’t want that to mean the end of Ratt.” After some serious discussions, Pearcy rejoined and in 2007, DeMartini, Pearcy, Blotzer and Crane took the stage together for the first time in eight years, playing over 50 dates, and releasing the best of CD Tell the World: The Very Best of Ratt. Also, they released their first ever DVD RATT Videos from the Cellar: The Atlantic Years. The shows were a telling precursor of what was to come.

“That tour was really exciting and refreshing because the sound was back, and even better,” DeMartini says.

With a bunch of shows under their belts, Ratt were eager to get back into the cellar and write some new songs, but they wanted to add to their lineup. DeMartini suggested ex-Quiet Riot guitarist Carlos Cavazo to round out the lineup. Cavazo, a well known, accomplished lead player gives Ratt the twin-guitar attack and credibility they had in the early days with Crosby.

“I thought of bringing in Carlos a couple years before it actually happened,” DeMartini says. “At the time, we thought we were going to be replacing John because of conflicting schedules and I started thinking it would be cool to have Carlos. So when the time was right, he was the first person I called.” For Cavazo, who was between projects the offer came at a perfect time. And since he already knew the guys in Ratt from the early days, he felt comfortable with the personalities of the players.

“It worked out great for me and felt very natural,” Cavazo says. “It’s funny because I was just hanging out in my house one day and I missed a call. So I checked my voice mail and noticed it was Warren. The first thing I’m thinking is, ‘Either there’s a big party he’s going to invite me to somewhere, or they’re looking for a new guitar player.’ Obviously, it was the latter.”

“It’s great to be able to do the more exotic double lead stuff that I did back in the day with Robbin,” DeMartini says. “I wanted someone I could collaborate with and someone who could sing well, so Carlos worked out on all levels.”

Ratt flew to a remote area of Virginia Beach in spring 2009 to work on new songs. They stayed in a four bedroom house there and wrote on their own schedule, banging out riff after riff and molding them into tunes quickly and with great enthusiasm.

“We wanted go off the beaten path on this one and set up somewhere we could eat, sleep and create the album in the same place,” DeMartini says. “It was great fun; we had the camaraderie of a road trip together with the environment to really stay focused.”

While DeMartini, Cavazo, Crane and drummer Bobby Blotzer finessed the music, Pearcy stayed in his room and worked on his lyrics.

“It was exciting because none of us knew how the melody and the lyrics would work with the songs until Stephen finally brought us his part,” Blotzer says. “The outcome was surprising in a good way.”

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuk8rWhHGs4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuk8rWhHGs4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

“It was great that we had those writing sessions together,” Pearcy adds. “Some of my parts were written right then and there in the studio in preproduction. That hadn’t happened since ‘83 and ‘84. One of these songs, “Garden of Eden,” was just a riff idea, but then in preproduction Warren just started playing this riff and I went, ‘What is that? I like it. Keep that. Work on that.’ And we worked it out that day.”

“I was very focused on playing harder and more outside the constraints that I had on previous Ratt records,” Blotzer says. “And I was really given the key to do that from the band and from Elvis.”

“It was great for Carlos and me as well because Elvis was a guitarist in a band before he was a producer, and he’s real into tones,” DeMartini says. “He was coming from the same place guitar-wise as us, which isn’t always the case.”

The cumulative playing, recording and circumstantial synergy shines throughout Infestation. The first single “Best of Me” is a feast of foot-to-the floor dynamics that features gritty vocals that uncurl like a coiled snake into a glorious chorus, and guitar lines as memorable as a dirty limerick. “Garden of Eden” builds from a bluesy intro into a pounding gallop, and shifts into a surging stop-start sky-puncher at the midpoint. But maybe it’s a line in the mid-paced “As Good as it Gets” that most accurately sums up the approach, attitude and conviction of Infestation: “You get just what you came for.”

“Our music is like it was in the beginning; it means everything to us,” Pearcy says. “And here we are 25 years later, keeping Ratt N’ Roll alive.”

Seshmeister
03-16-2010, 09:20 PM
I find it very hard to believe that Pearcy is now some deep sobering thoughtful lyricist. :)

Va Beach VH Fan
03-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Ratt started writing Infestation in January 2009, and by April they had 20 new songs, which they refined with producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette (Chevelle, Alter Bridge).

Ratt flew to a remote area of Virginia Beach in spring 2009 to work on new songs. They stayed in a four bedroom house there and wrote on their own schedule, banging out riff after riff and molding them into tunes quickly and with great enthusiasm.

I don't know if they were actually in Virginia Beach, or just say that because it's in the vicinity...

From what I gather, Baskette's studio is not in VA Beach, but in Bavon, VA, which is a dinky little town up on what we call the Peninsula, up near Yorktown & Williamsburg.... About an 85 mile drive from the Beach...

Diamondjimi
03-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Good to hear them get back to basics on this one. Great classic DeMartini riffage and tone.
Sobriety is a good thing for this band. Wish them all the best...

sadaist
03-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Sounds cool. Sounds like it's could have been recorded in 1987. Sounds like What's It Gonna Be.

I dig it.

sadaist
03-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Sounds cool. Sounds like it's could have been recorded in 1987. Sounds like What's It Gonna Be.

I dig it.

Panamark
03-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Always cool to hear a new song that actually sounds like it
was from the time. I like it for that. But, cant say it sent me
into orbit..
However, Its better than anything new on Radio, will say that much
for it. I like the intro, wreaks of the 80's, I got a rush from that.

ELVIS
03-17-2010, 09:52 AM
The intro is ok but the song sucks...

sonrisa salvaje
03-17-2010, 10:17 AM
It sounds more like it could have come off of 89's Detonator to me. That being said, the sound is pretty cool but the song as a whole doesn't do anything for me. They had been hyping that it was going to sound like it came from Out of the Cellar or Invasion of Your Privacy so lets hope that the rest of the record reflects that. I'm hoping this was the first release because it is somewhat radio friendly. Hopefully, the rest of the cd will kick ass.

Coyote
03-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll buy it.

No, really. I will.

lesfunk
03-17-2010, 11:37 AM
well... kind of a mediocre tune, but it does sound like Ratt

lesfunk
03-17-2010, 11:38 AM
sounds like they git inspiration in parts from DLRs A little Aint enough

sonrisa salvaje
03-17-2010, 12:24 PM
I'll buy it.

No, really. I will.

There is no doubt about it. I cannot wait to see how Carlos fits in with Warren throughout.

Ratt is going to be touring with the Scorpions here in the U.S. on the Scorpions farewell tour. Ratt cannot headline anymore but i hope they get more than 45 minutes to an hour.

chefcraig
03-17-2010, 12:44 PM
There is no doubt about it. I cannot wait to see how Carlos fits in with Warren throughout.

You can get a good vibe for things by checking out some of the recent live footage available on Youtube. Carlos does an admirable job filling in the twin lead segments that Robbin Crosby used to play with Warren, that for one reason or another John Corabi couldn't quite pull off. The playing really meshes quite well, and I am looking forward to hearing the recorded results.

jhale667
03-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Carlos is cool as shit, glad to see he got the gig. I'm interested to hear the new stuff as well.

:guitar:

ELVIS
03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
This song is much better...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CeIfv8cOKp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CeIfv8cOKp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:elvis:

binnie
03-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Is the new album going to be called 'A Day Late and a Dollar Short?'

sonrisa salvaje
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Ouch. That was cold Binnie. I'll say this...if they are a dollar short it is their own fault. They had like 4 or 5 platinum records in a row - Invasion through Reach For The Sky for sure. One would think Detonator and the Greatest Hits at least went gold as well. Of course that all ended about 18 years ago so they are definitely a day late.

FORD
03-17-2010, 05:40 PM
So now that Cavazo is in the band, are they going to change the name to "Quiet Ratt"? :biggrin:

FORD
03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Sounds like "classic Ratt" (if indeed those two words can be used together). Pearcy's voice is a little rough, but its what one would expect after 25+ years of drugs, alcohol, and screaming.

Coyote
03-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Sounds like "classic Ratt" (if indeed those two words can be used together). Pearcy's voice is a little rough, but its what one would expect after 25+ years of drugs, alcohol, and screaming.

Shitty lead vocals on stage... :biggrin:

sadaist
03-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Of course that all ended about 18 years ago so they are definitely a day late.

Still more recent that Van Halen. And we're still holding out hope for something from them.

hambon4lif
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
well... kind of a mediocre tune, but it does sound like RattI have to agree.

It's so far beyond cliche for a band to say "This is our best record since [insert name of their best-selling most-popular record here]"...but from the opening riff of this single, you could tell it was Ratt.

I have a strong feeling the rest of it is total shit, though.....

FORD
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Shitty lead vocals on stage... :biggrin:

Yeah, it did sound like a little bit of studio trickery there if you listen closely.

Not on the level that the rappers or Jessica Simpson use it (or even Ozzy Osbourne's last few albums). But there's a bit of processing there, I think. ;)

Mr. Vengeance
03-17-2010, 09:01 PM
I can't wait for this album! I love RATT. Really good tune. Hope they tour.

Little Texan
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
This definitely sounds like 80's Ratt, and I really like it. Even Pearcy's voice sounds pretty much the same as it always has, even if it is studio magic. I'm going to buy this album when it comes out. Could a new hair band era be upon us?

Little Texan
03-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Sounds way better than Way Cool Jr., that's for damn sure!

Terry
03-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, it certainly sounds like Ratt, although I'd put it closer to the Reach For The Sky era than something directly following Out Of The Cellar.

Not bad in terms of approximating what the band are best known for, sound-wise.

I mean, good for them that they still have the desire to write, record and release new material. Doubt it will end up meaning much in terms of sales or airplay (are there even contemporary hard rock stations around anymore that don't concentrate totally on the same 4 or 5 Led Zep/Rush/Pink Floyd/ACDC tunes? maybe on satellite radio, I suppose...), but in an odd way it's neat to know the band are still around.

For some reason I have a level of appreciation for Ratt that is a few degrees higher than most American hard rock 'hair metal' MTV staple bands who obtained success after 1985 in the wake of early 80s groups like Ratt.

Coyote
03-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Yeah, it did sound like a little bit of studio trickery there if you listen closely.

Not on the level that the rappers or Jessica Simpson use it (or even Ozzy Osbourne's last few albums). But there's a bit of processing there, I think. ;)

To my ears, it sounds like Pearcy doubled (maybe tripled?) his vocals.

But man, do those guitars sound sweet... :notworthy:

Seshmeister
03-18-2010, 06:59 AM
For some reason I have a level of appreciation for Ratt that is a few degrees higher than most American hard rock 'hair metal' MTV staple bands who obtained success after 1985 in the wake of early 80s groups like Ratt.

So do I.

I think it's because they were one of the first, they were good musicians and some of their early songs are excellent.

They just ran out of steam after a few albums and had nowhere to go.

Coyote
03-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Could a new hair band era be upon us?

I'm kinda hoping it would be.

Just so that I'd have a shot at international fame & fortune... :biggrin:

sadaist
03-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Weird, but I actually don't mind seeing Cavazo in the band. Usually I hate replacements (ie...Campbell in Def Lepp, Corabi in Crue/Ratt). Maybe because Carlos can't be in QR anymore & Ratt needs 2nd guitarist. Plus Carlos is not an attention whore with the "I'm cooler than everyone" attitude.

Why can't they get Juan Croucier back in? Was there some big falling out they had?

Terry
03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Weird, but I actually don't mind seeing Cavazo in the band. Usually I hate replacements (ie...Campbell in Def Lepp, Corabi in Crue/Ratt). Maybe because Carlos can't be in QR anymore & Ratt needs 2nd guitarist. Plus Carlos is not an attention whore with the "I'm cooler than everyone" attitude.

Why can't they get Juan Croucier back in? Was there some big falling out they had?

Croucier felt he never had as much songwriting input as he should have and never got along with Pearcy particularly well. He and Crosby were initially part of the reformation when the band started to get back together in 1996, but according to the rest of the band Crosby was too deteriorated physically to participate and Croucier determined that Pearcy hadn't changed so he took a pass at being part of it as well. Plus, the rest of the band turned their backs on Crosby in his last years alive, whereas Croucier stayed in contact with him and would throw him a few bucks here and there.

Terry
03-18-2010, 09:59 AM
So do I.

I think it's because they were one of the first, they were good musicians and some of their early songs are excellent.

They just ran out of steam after a few albums and had nowhere to go.

Groups like Ratt, Dokken and early Motley Crue (Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil era) I tend not to lump in the same category as Posion, Winger and Warrant. I'll still give Out Of The Cellar a spin every now and then. A little less so for Invasion Of Your Privacy. Probably their last decent-to-good album was Dancing Undercover.

They DID kind of run out of gas after their first few albums. Lot of those groups did, though. Many of those bands tell the same story in that they had a few years as club acts to come up with lots of material, the best of which was taken for their first two records. After that the grind was on. Think more of it has to do with a lack of diversity, in that a lot of those bands either had a pretty narrow stylistic range to begin with or their record companies wanted them to keep repeating the same formula: pretty tough to keep releasing record after record of the same type of stuff and have each successive release be as good as the one before it.

THEDOCTOR
03-18-2010, 11:06 AM
I enjoyed thissong. Did I enjoy itas much as Lay It Down or Way Cool Jr or the stuff off of Dancing Undercover...no....but its a decent song. I heard interesting enough this one was written by Carvasa. I agree that as soon as it starts you know its Ratt. I'm glad they got back to their ssound. Wish more bands would stick with their sound and not try to "update" .It almost never works. Take a cue from AC/DC ,Maiden,Priest. Stick with what works! Croucier is stupid for not getting on board,the offer was there right up till they couldn't offer it anymore on this cd. Fuck him. I like what Im hearing and I hope they give Carvasa his due and his a second lead and not regulated to rythym. He never stole a freight train,never was a super dick. He deserves to have his day in the sun again. I wonder if Ratt everthrows a QR tune into the set? That might be interesting,although that does bring me to a point. Pearcy is quite possibly the laziest singer I have ever seen. Even the chat between songs is only to introduce the next tune. "We've been all over the us .....we've been Round and Round(cue song)" "Yeah some cool people in here tonight....Some Way Cool Jrs!(cue song)" Fuckin guy barely sings through the song. Kinda disappointed me . Saw them back in 87,with Poison opeing and then in 07(i think ) when they opened for Poison.Both times Poison crushed them,largely in part because of Pearcy's lazy singing. He's even lazier than Vince Neil and thats saying ALOT. Would I want someone else singing for them tho? NO. Pearcy started Ratt,he's part of their sound,I like the studio cuts. But If I see them again I know that Im gonna be singing in the crowd better than him on stage,lol. Im glad they have done a valiant effort to get their sound and songwriting back. Hopefully they achieve success again.

sonrisa salvaje
03-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Groups like Ratt, Dokken and early Motley Crue (Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil era) I tend not to lump in the same category as Posion, Winger and Warrant.

I agree. I would consider these bands the "big three" that came post Van Halen. It also started the crazy search for the next great band to come out of L.A. which contributed to the water down effect that came thereafter.

binnie
03-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Groups like Ratt, Dokken and early Motley Crue (Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil era) I tend not to lump in the same category as Posion, Winger and Warrant.

Agreed. I'd add Cinderella to that list too - I thought they put out some pretty decent stuff.....

Anonymous
03-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm kinda hoping it would be.

Just so that I'd have a shot at international fame & fortune... :biggrin:

That'd make two of us.

Agreed. I'd add Cinderella to that list too - I thought they put out some pretty decent stuff.....

Yeah, Cinderella rawks! Bullet Boys did some pretty good shit, too.

Cheers! :bottle:

Terry
03-18-2010, 09:13 PM

Yeah, they were purty good, too. Miles above that Jon Bon Jerkoff band that 'discovered' them.

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-18-2010, 09:43 PM
It's ok. Could be better but still they didn't go all mainstream and that's cool.

Reminds me a lot of the new Dokken albums.

ELVIS
03-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Reminds me a lot of the new Dokken albums.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_tnpPU5qMUSM/SkzURSOIDYI/AAAAAAAABpw/YpJBpaZWK5A/s400/crickets+chirping,jpg.gif

sadaist
03-19-2010, 09:24 AM
A huge part of the reason all the bands we liked in the 80's took a shit was because MTV changed so drastically. If MTV were playing music videos most of the time it would provide a lot more exposure. And rock bands typically make for the coolest, adrenaline rush videos. Gets people fired up & excited to see the bands in concert.

Nothing beat a well done rock music video filmed in a packed arena or stadium.

Terry
03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
A huge part of the reason all the bands we liked in the 80's took a shit was because MTV changed so drastically. If MTV were playing music videos most of the time it would provide a lot more exposure. And rock bands typically make for the coolest, adrenaline rush videos. Gets people fired up & excited to see the bands in concert.

Am still not quite sure MTV turned out to be a good thing for rock music. Now, that's not the same as saying it might not have been a good thing for the music industry.

First few years MTV was on, I dug it. Watched it like a motherfucker. However, it kind of shifted the emphasis from the aural to the visual aspects of a band, and became part of a winning commerical formula record execs understandably tried to repeat with every new act. Not to say that this formulaic approach wasn't something done since the 1950s, but...

It's like, there's a world of difference to me (and this might not be such a great example, style-wise, but) between, say, Led Zeppelin and Madonna in that Zeppelin made it on a massive scale back when they weren't on tv 24/7, whereas without MTV acts like Madonna, Duran Duran, Poison, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake 1987, Def Leppard and such may well not have been as successful as they were; their success owes more than a bit to their visual presentation than necessarily what was coming out of the speakers.

chefcraig
03-19-2010, 10:34 AM
This is true conversely as well. After all, video killed the radio star.

ELVIS
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
\ And rock bands typically make for the coolest, adrenaline rush videos. Gets people fired up & excited to see the bands in concert.

Tell that to the hip-hop world...

You're showing your age...

:biggrin:

ELVIS
03-19-2010, 10:55 AM
This song is much better...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CeIfv8cOKp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CeIfv8cOKp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What he said...

:hitch:

Ralphy Lee Fox
03-19-2010, 11:17 AM

You're damn right!

Speaking of,
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aBZQ4kEI5v4&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aBZQ4kEI5v4&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ppg960
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I didn't realize the band had turned their backs on Crosby in his last years. What a way to go, pennyless after being rich for all those years. All to drugs and booze. There's a clip on youtube showing him playing at about 350 Lbs. Brutal...

stringfelowhawk
03-22-2010, 03:39 AM
I always dug Cinderella.. Too bad we won't be hearing anything new from them well, ever, since Kiefer blew his voice out again. Its a real shame. The last time his chords ruptured he had to learn how to sing all over again. This time its pretty much permanent. Unless something has changed in the past 8 mths or so since I last checked up on em. They had a real bluesy sound.
Bulletboys? Um, they had two songs that people know and quite possibly the biggest primadonna ever to hold a microphone. They're guitar player needs to take some lessons. I don't know his name but I thought if you were ever gonna play a solo you should first know what one is...........

sonrisa salvaje
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I always dug Cinderella.. Too bad we won't be hearing anything new from them well, ever, since Kiefer blew his voice out again. Its a real shame. The last time his chords ruptured he had to learn how to sing all over again. This time its pretty much permanent. Unless something has changed in the past 8 mths or so since I last checked up on em. They had a real bluesy sound.
Bulletboys? Um, they had two songs that people know and quite possibly the biggest primadonna ever to hold a microphone. They're guitar player needs to take some lessons. I don't know his name but I thought if you were ever gonna play a solo you should first know what one is...........

Actually things have changed and Cinderella are going out on tour this summer. Supposedly, Kiefer has healed and has made it through all of the rehearsals with no problem. No new music coming but they are hitting the road.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/419536/pid/400512

indeedido
03-22-2010, 06:27 PM

I read recently that MTV is going to take the "Music" out of the name. They feel that since they have reality shows on and no videos it is time to make the change. I don't recall where I originally read it, but found this....

MTV drops 'Music Television' from official logo - Los Angeles Times (http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/13/entertainment/la-et-branding13-2010feb13)

MTV drops 'Music Television' from official logo
The network now is home primarily to reality shows.
TELEVISIONFebruary 13, 2010|By Scott CollinsTwenty-five years ago, MTV was best known for music videos starring Michael Jackson and Madonna. These days, its reigning queen is not a recording star at all but rather Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, the rowdy party girl from the reality series "Jersey Shore."

So maybe it's not surprising that this week the 29-year-old network bowed to the inevitable and finally scraped the legend "Music Television" off its corporate logo.

The change was a belated acknowledgment of what has been obvious for years: MTV has evolved into a reality channel that occasionally runs programs that have to do with music.

But the shift is significant because, in an era of rapid technological change and microscopic attention spans, how networks identify themselves matters more than ever, experts say.

MTV "realized being 'music television' was too limiting," said Dave Howe, president of Syfy, home of such series as "Stargate Universe" and the now-defunct "Battlestar Galactica." Howe says the right brand is essential "to cut through the noise and clutter of the media explosion" bedeviling the TV industry.

And he should know. Last summer, his network underwent a controversial name change, from the Sci-Fi Channel to Syfy, a made-up word that Twitter users said looked more like the name of a mop or a gossip magazine than that of a cable network. One newspaper called it the "dumbest rebranding ever."

But Howe says the name change has reenergized the network and sharpened its identity. Because it referred to a well-established genre, "sci-fi" could not be trademark-protected, an important consideration for a network looking to establish a distinctive identity. Also, he said, sci-fi evoked images of "space, aliens and the future," turning off some viewers and advertisers.

"We totally expected there to be a backlash from core sci-fi fans," Howe said. But the shift has "far exceeded our expectations . . . . It's opened up the network to a broader range of viewers" and helped boost ratings.

For its part, MTV says viewers had moved beyond what the old logo said. "The people who watch it today, they don't refer to MTV as music television," MTV's head of marketing, Tina Exarhos, told The Times this week.

ppg960
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
The new song/single sounds pretty good.
I like it and Sarzo fills up the line up well.
Never thought I'd see these guys doing new music again with Pearcy a few years ago so it's a bonus really. And who says hard rock is dead!!!

VanHalener
03-22-2010, 11:28 PM
...Reminds me a lot of the new Dokken albums.

I need to dip the wick from my Rock&Roll lamp into some of that and see how it burns.

That first RATT song...I've been wearing it out man.

Can't say that shit about you know who's new music.

Oh wait, they don't have any new music yet.

sheeeiiiiiiit!

Dan
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
RATT,House of Blues,Chicago,7/24/09,Lay it Down.:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_doU5AXXSec&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_doU5AXXSec&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BTW..............Great Fucking Night In Chicago.:D

Seshmeister
03-23-2010, 03:54 AM
And who says hard rock is dead!!!

It's not dead but it's maybe not feeling too well. :)

At gigs where bands are only getting 10% of the crowds they used to I wonder where everyone else is. Very few of people who went 20 years ago are now dead. I wonder why I'm still going and they aren't. Have they moved on to new music or do they just not listen to music any more? Or maybe they just don't go to any gigs any more.

I guess it's all of those reasons. It also seems to me that girls are usually different about all this. They seem to have more fluid tastes in music and were more caught up in the fashion or lusting after the guys in bands or whatever so maybe there is less reason for them to keep going.

ELVIS
03-23-2010, 09:27 AM
The new song/single sounds pretty good.
I like it and Sarzo fills up the line up well.

Who ??

ELVIS
03-23-2010, 09:28 AM
ooops...

Seshmeister
03-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I think he's mixing up Rudy Sarzo with Robbie Crane.

Apparently Robbie used to have the most esteemed job in rock - as Bass Tech for Bobby Dall.

Between that and playing with Adlers Appetite he must have seen and heard things that would make your blood run cold... :)

ELVIS
03-23-2010, 09:40 AM
~Ha!~

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
RATT in the HandleBar Saloon (http://www.azbikeweek.com/ratt.htm)

anybody else goin' to see this, we are.

binnie
03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
It's not dead but it's maybe not feeling too well. :)

At gigs where bands are only getting 10% of the crowds they used to I wonder where everyone else is. Very few of people who went 20 years ago are now dead. I wonder why I'm still going and they aren't. Have they moved on to new music or do they just not listen to music any more? Or maybe they just don't go to any gigs any more.

I guess it's all of those reasons. It also seems to me that girls are usually different about all this. They seem to have more fluid tastes in music and were more caught up in the fashion or lusting after the guys in bands or whatever so maybe there is less reason for them to keep going.

It might also be that a lot of those bands have been appaulingly managed, and not many people know when they tour.

Put it this way: Motorhead still sell lots of tickets; Saxon are much bigger now than they were ten years ago; Def Leppard are on the up again........with the correct marketing and management of back catalogues that strong, things can be revived.

I guess a lot of people do grow out of the music they loved as teenagers. When I was at school Brit Pop was all the rage, but it largely passed me by - now Oasis and Blur could still sell just as many tickets today as in 1997. But bands like Supergrass, Dodgy, Shed Seven, Cast, etc etc couldn't. Why? Because as time passes people remember the bands that were the cream of the crop - the real fans of that era might drive 60 miles to see a Dodgy gig, but the guy who bought one album and saw them once in 1998 probably wouldn't.

Antman
03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
My initial post was going to be "who cares?" But I have to admit it sounds OK. At least some LA bands are still making music for their fans.

Coyote
04-06-2010, 09:00 AM
The album sounds killer. (yeah, I DL'd it first... Couldn't wait.)

Ralphy Lee Fox
04-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I think he's mixing up Rudy Sarzo with Robbie Crane.

Apparently Robbie used to have the most esteemed job in rock - as Bass Tech for Bobby Dall.

Between that and playing with Adlers Appetite he must have seen and heard things that would make your blood run cold... :)

He's a 'little boy in a big hard rock world' and I guess he'll always stay this way.
Vince says Robbie was getting all excited seeing himself in music magazines around 1993 while he was Vince's bassist.

Vinnie Velvet
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Pretty cool.

The second song Elvis posted was much better, yes.

Great to see these guys get out there with some new music (unlike another band we all know).

PETE'S BROTHER
04-15-2010, 03:40 PM
gonna see 'em live tonite!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-17-2010, 11:56 AM
great time, fun to see those guitar players from back in the day still havin' fun. all that hair that used to be sprayed up mall style, now hangin' down. sounded good, hour and a half set. the energy wasn't as high as the vince neil concert the nite before. coulda been the fact that a 40 yr old man was on day two of pretendin' to be 18 again.:hee:

Mr. Vengeance
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
I picked it up Tuesday. It good. If you liked RATT in the 80's and 90's, you won't be disappointed. Sounds like good old RATT.

sonrisa salvaje
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I picked it up as well. It beats the hell out of the last one they did but that isn't saying much. The sound returns to that of classic Ratt. Different cuts sound like different periods, -ie- Detonator, Reach for the Sky, Dancing Undercover. I don't hear anything that sounds like Cellar or Invasion. It is a decent album. I haven't heard anything that has really blown me away but it isn't void of good ideas either. I'm on my second listen and it is growing on me quickly.

Mr Walker
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm so fucking flabbergasted that RATT can get together and release a solid disc full of new material and Van Halen can't do shit... it's fucking pathetic.

VanHalener
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm so fucking flabbergasted that RATT can get together and release a solid disc full of new material and Van Halen can't do shit... it's fucking pathetic.

YEAH ED, YOU SELFISH GUNT!

Part of the song reminds me of "Thought you'd never miss me till I got a fat city address"

Think I'll jam both of those right now.

Seshmeister
04-23-2010, 07:43 PM

Ratt may hate each other but the difference is that they need the money.

sonrisa salvaje
04-26-2010, 01:15 PM
I have to say after a few listens, this is a good album. I would say Last Call is the best track on the cd. I have also noticed that this record is getting a ton of good reviews. I haven't seen any negative feedback yet.