PDA

View Full Version : Just bought 'Diamond Dave'

WOAHYEAH
06-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I dont see why this CD got bad reviews, or why only 5 thousand people bought it, or whatever. Some great tracks on here, You got the blues, not me, Thug pop, made up my mind to name a few. Hearing a new version of Ice Cream Man is a great thing for classic VH fans, and while people might disagree, hearing 'act one' on there made me crack up. I have no idea what it was, but i found it funny.

pete
06-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Aside from Dave, it is immaculately produced.

DLR shows that he can still tackle the blues and many shades of rock-n-roll and make it his own.

Some singer can only fit in to a certain niche.

His musical desires are broad and, that is just another thing that left VH when he dumped 'em.

Here he shows he hasn't lost a beat.
Where he tackles alot of covers, he uses the spare imagination in the interpretation.

Alot of people would've had him repeat himself with a DLRBand 2.
Not me.

It sounds different sonically but, he always remains consistent in what he brings to a musical project. Whatever the configuration.

And it works.

That speaks genius to me.

It also reflects a real love of music and it's possibilities.

pete
06-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by pete
Aside from Dave, it is immaculately produced.

DLR shows that he can still tackle the blues and many shades of rock-n-roll and make it his own.

Some singer can only fit in to a certain niche.

His musical desires are broad and, that is just another thing that left VH when he dumped 'em.

Here he shows he hasn't lost a beat.
Where he tackles alot of covers, he uses the spare imagination in the interpretation.

Alot of people would've had him repeat himself with a DLRBand 2.
Not me.

It sounds different sonically but, he always remains consistent in what he brings to a musical project. Whatever the configuration.

And it works.

That speaks genius to me.

It also reflects a real love of music and it's possibilities.

come on!!!

give it up!

fanofdave
06-02-2004, 10:16 PM
I've been saying for a while now that the Diamond Dave CD
is a great album. Its not classic ass kicking rock and roll from
the master, but its a great collection of cover tunes excellently
interpreted by Dave.

rustoffa
06-08-2004, 08:33 PM
It's summertime folks....pop that bad bitch in. *Hangin' from a pine tree by the knees*

Bill Lumbergh
06-08-2004, 11:33 PM
I can't believe how much this album has gotten hammered..........yes it's not his best work, but it is still ass kickin' Dave.

Keeyth
06-17-2004, 01:05 PM
So... ...when did this album come out?
...and is Dave doing any touring behind it?

hambon4lif
06-21-2004, 03:46 AM
"saw a man walking upside down, t.v.'s on the brink, made galileo look like a boy scout, sorry 'bout that......LET IT ALL HANG OUT" that song is the shit! also ever since the album hit, the song 'bad habit' has become a favorite 'cause of it's lyrical content....very true to me, close to my heart lyrics. especially when it's 1:45am and you get used to hearing "LAST CALL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" twice a week. anyway, i think it's an outstanding album, and i feel vindicated as a fan. it's not a 'ground rule double', baby this one clears the wall. cheers!......

Jano
06-21-2004, 06:31 AM
This album is what DAVE is all about; fun!
-It's too bad that this album is so hard to find in France because it's a good record!DAVE is DAVE and that's why we love him so much !

TMR
06-26-2004, 02:17 PM
LET IT ALL HANG OUT!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by hambon4lif
"saw a man walking upside down, t.v.'s on the brink, made galileo look like a boy scout, sorry 'bout that......LET IT ALL HANG OUT" that song is the shit! also ever since the album hit, the song 'bad habit' has become a favorite 'cause of it's lyrical content....very true to me, close to my heart lyrics. especially when it's 1:45am and you get used to hearing "LAST CALL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" twice a week. anyway, i think it's an outstanding album, and i feel vindicated as a fan. it's not a 'ground rule double', baby this one clears the wall. cheers!......

100% AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tobinentinc
07-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Read this Recent review of Diamond Dave:

Let's face it; David Lee Roth was the most exciting and entertaining singer to ever front Van Halen. And although his solo albums have not all been winners, at least he's been known to take chances and try new approaches with rock music (such as the entirely sung-in-Spanish Sonrisa Salvaje, the synth pop-ish Skyscraper, the Nile Rodgers-produced Your Filthy Little Mouth, etc.). For his 2003 release Diamond Dave, Roth uses the same approach he and his then-comrades in Van Halen followed on 1982's Diver Down -- an album consisting primarily of cover songs, with a few originals sprinkled in. As expected, the covers that work the best are the ones that aren't that well known, including the lead-off single "Shoo Bop" (a cover of Steve Miller's "Shu Ba Da Du Ma Ma Ma Ma") and a big band reading of a tune Van Halen covered way back when, "Ice Cream Man," while a few of the better-known songs (especially Jimi Hendrix's "If 6 Was 9") don't fare as well. Of course, Diamond Dave is no Fair Warning. But it's a hell of a whole lot more listenable than anything Van Halen has issued in ages (especially when compared to the 1998 atrocity Van Halen III). ~ Greg Prato, All Music Guide

windowsmedia.com

Loons The Great
03-30-2006, 07:03 PM
A couple a moons ago, Ize was feelin' mighty fine...a lil' spiritually distorted nah...an' I wuz in the mood...to go fo' a lil' late evenin' run...e'en 'ough dem streets was busier than a cat caught in rat trap...Ize decided to get some exercise, run a mile or two to the liquor sto'...not the one John Law burned down nah nah...I decided to pick the record Diamond Dave as my soundtrack one time y'all...put the headphones on, cranked the volume to 11 an' took off like a runaway locomotive, can ya diggit??....an' I gots to say that Diamond Dave...the album sounded motherfucking SPECTACULAR!!!!!! Kept me motorvated all the way to the liquor sto' where I bought some lucky strikes...an' ran home with a front pocket of whiskey and an ass pocket of gin...:cool:

trueblue
04-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by WOAHYEAH
I dont see why this CD got bad reviews, or why only 5 thousand people bought it, or whatever. Some great tracks on here, You got the blues, not me, Thug pop, made up my mind to name a few. Hearing a new version of Ice Cream Man is a great thing for classic VH fans, and while people might disagree, hearing 'act one' on there made me crack up. I have no idea what it was, but i found it funny.

I won't speak for others, but I tried my best to like the 'Diamond Dave' album as much as i love the other DLR solo efforts, but i just can't....I always hated the idea of great rockers, (DLR is up there with the best in rock history, no question), indulging in cover song adventures...'Diamond Dave' gives a typically superb DLR vocal/lyrical vibe from time to time, but the magic is way too uneven and the momentum and interest fade quickly...Also, after the rocking inferno of the DLR Band record, i am zapped as to why Dave would wanna go in this direction....I give him credit for being gutsy enough to take these artistic risks, but the results didn't impress me enough....You Got the Blues Not Me, Stay While the Night Is Young, Thug Pop, Shoo Bop, Soul Kitchen are the main highlights for me...These could be classed as DLR originals for his new fans...but overall, I find DD a real let-down and things like Act One and Medicine Man prove how some bad weed can ruin the overall flavour of an cheeky stylish record...And hey, Ice Cream Man on VH debut was streets ahead of the latest makeover on DD..And i wanna tell guys who rave on about Brian Young besting Eddie, to have some self-respect and show some decency and honesty here...Brian can play great, no doubt...But there is absolutely no contest between him and Eddie, if for nothing else, then at least the musical material the two were dealing with...It's the height of insanity to compare the guitar-playing talents of a guy that co-piloted CVH and a young hot-shot that helped deliver sexy lounge cover songs for the incomparable DLR..

trueblue
04-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by WOAHYEAH

I won't speak for others, but I tried my best to like the 'Diamond Dave' album as much as i love the other DLR solo efforts, but i just can't....I always hated the idea of great rockers, (DLR is up there with the best in rock history, no question), indulging in cover song adventures...'Diamond Dave' gives a typically superb DLR vocal/lyrical vibe from time to time, but the magic is way too uneven and the momentum and interest fade quickly...Also, after the rocking inferno of the DLR Band record, i am zapped as to why Dave would wanna go in this direction....I give him credit for being gutsy enough to take these artistic risks, but the results didn't impress me enough....You Got the Blues Not Me, Stay While the Night Is Young, Thug Pop, Shoo Bop, Soul Kitchen are the main highlights for me...These could be classed as DLR originals for his new fans...but overall, I find DD a real let-down and things like Act One and Medicine Man prove how some bad weed can ruin the overall flavour of a cheeky stylish record...And hey, Ice Cream Man on the VH debut was streets ahead of the latest makeover on DD..And i wanna tell guys who rave on about Brian Young besting Eddie, to have some self-respect and show some decency and honesty here...Brian can play great, no doubt...But there is absolutely no contest between him and Eddie, if for nothing else, then at least the musical material the two were dealing with...It's the height of insanity to compare the guitar-playing talents of a guy that co-piloted CVH and a young hot-shot that helped deliver sexy lounge cover songs for the incomparable DLR..

bueno bob
04-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Bad Habits.

:D

audiospectrum
04-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by trueblue
I won't speak for others, but I tried my best to like the 'Diamond Dave' album as much as i love the other DLR solo efforts, but i just can't....I always hated the idea of great rockers, (DLR is up there with the best in rock history, no question), indulging in cover song adventures...'Diamond Dave' gives a typically superb DLR vocal/lyrical vibe from time to time, but the magic is way too uneven and the momentum and interest fade quickly...Also, after the rocking inferno of the DLR Band record, i am zapped as to why Dave would wanna go in this direction....I give him credit for being gutsy enough to take these artistic risks, but the results didn't impress me enough....You Got the Blues Not Me, Stay While the Night Is Young, Thug Pop, Shoo Bop, Soul Kitchen are the main highlights for me...These could be classed as DLR originals for his new fans...but overall, I find DD a real let-down and things like Act One and Medicine Man prove how some bad weed can ruin the overall flavour of a cheeky stylish record...And hey, Ice Cream Man on the VH debut was streets ahead of the latest makeover on DD..And i wanna tell guys who rave on about Brian Young besting Eddie, to have some self-respect and show some decency and honesty here...Brian can play great, no doubt...But there is absolutely no contest between him and Eddie, if for nothing else, then at least the musical material the two were dealing with...It's the height of insanity to compare the guitar-playing talents of a guy that co-piloted CVH and a young hot-shot that helped deliver sexy lounge cover songs for the incomparable DLR..

Very poorly written. Man I can understand you wanting Dave to stay hard rock, but fuck hard rock. It's ALL music. This album is very very underrated, I loved it right off the bat. I'm not saying that Brian Young is better than Eddie Van Halen, I'm just saying that RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, Brian Young is a better guitar player than Eddie Van Halen. Ed's in the bag, he's finished, he's too fucked. You can't get your energy back by running back down the stairs. He's history, a coulda-should been.
And you say that you don't like artists indulging in cover tunes. I think it's a respectful salute to what makes Dave Dave!! This is the shit that inspires him. It's right there for you to hear it. Fuck your preconceived ideas about what artists should and shouldn't do regarding covers. Any muso just loves belting out a great cover tune. Me personally, I love Ice Cream Man, feels good for the soul to sing, as with Mean Street, just turns on the focus ya dig!? Would you rather Dave cover some hard rock tune from the late 70's-80's era, like every other has been 80's fadeaway? Again, IT'S ALL MUSIC!! It's all good! Love this fucking album. I'd just hate to have a whole bunch of the same shit by Dave. My mood isn't one-dimensional. Fuck it! There's a time for Diamond Dave and there's a time for VAn Halen I. I'm just so gald that Dave does what he wants, he really covers a lot of ground and that can't be said for many other artists.

audiospectrum
04-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Dude that sounds a bit harsh. Don't take it to heart, but this album is very very good. Keep listening to it, it'll crack the ice one day I hope.

trueblue
04-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by audiospectrum
Very poorly written. Man I can understand you wanting Dave to stay hard rock, but fuck hard rock. It's ALL music. This album is very very underrated, I loved it right off the bat. I'm not saying that Brian Young is better than Eddie Van Halen, I'm just saying that RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, Brian Young is a better guitar player than Eddie Van Halen. Ed's in the bag, he's finished, he's too fucked. You can't get your energy back by running back down the stairs. He's history, a coulda-should been.
And you say that you don't like artists indulging in cover tunes. I think it's a respectful salute to what makes Dave Dave!! This is the shit that inspires him. It's right there for you to hear it. Fuck your preconceived ideas about what artists should and shouldn't do regarding covers. Any muso just loves belting out a great cover tune. Me personally, I love Ice Cream Man, feels good for the soul to sing, as with Mean Street, just turns on the focus ya dig!? Would you rather Dave cover some hard rock tune from the late 70's-80's era, like every other has been 80's fadeaway? Again, IT'S ALL MUSIC!! It's all good! Love this fucking album. I'd just hate to have a whole bunch of the same shit by Dave. My mood isn't one-dimensional. Fuck it! There's a time for Diamond Dave and there's a time for VAn Halen I. I'm just so gald that Dave does what he wants, he really covers a lot of ground and that can't be said for many other artists.

'Very poorly written'!!!..huh?.....is that shorthand for 'disagree with you to death' ...i get the feeling that my post was just 'very poorly read' by you...I was far from one-dimensional in my point of view about Dave's musical choices...Read again, and you'll notice that i actually give him credit for having the guts and the honesty to trust his own instincts and take the musical risks that he always did. Especially the sharp detour he took with Diamond Dave (DD) after the heavy rocking DLR Band record....Give DD 5 stars, fine..I might give it 2 stars but at the end of the day we are both DLR fans big-time and Dave deserves fans as diverse as his own musical passions and influences....And hey, i love 5 songs on DD.
My main point was that i wasn't totally impressed by the overall results of Dave's cover songs fest on the DD album...I just prefer strong originals a lot better anytime...That maybe too arrogant for your types, but at least i'm not thrusting my opinion on you or others or saying that's the way it should be...And not everybody is so super casual about their musical tastes as to make a such a wildly over-the-top remark as 'fuck hard rock', not when we are talking about DLR...If it's "ALL music' in your head, then maybe you would consider hundreds of records out there that fans either hate or don't care much about to be sooooo 'under-rated' too...i love Ice Cream Man(so adorably Dave), i just said that i enjoyed the original version on VH a lot better, Eddie's guitar antics and the overall instrumentals made it a hit for me...You go around in circles when u first say that Brian Young is not necessarily a better guitarist than Eddie, then totally contradict yourself by saying Brian is better than Eddie....You obviously didn't get my point about how pointless it is to compare Brian with Eddie>>different eras, and poles apart in the actual music the two guys helped deliver with their guitars..And you totally lose my respect by proving how deep inside your freakin' veins that scum Sammy has gotten into....Can't you make your point without talking like some Sammy Hagar sidekick...RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW huh??...No wonder your philosophy is "IT'S ALL MUSIC, fuck it!"....

trueblue
04-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Dude that sounds a bit harsh. Don't take it to heart, but this album is very very good. Keep listening to it, it'll crack the ice one day I hope.

hey mate, i forgot....you got nice ID...audiospectrum probably perfectly describes your <<<WIDE>>>> musical tastes...when i change my mind about DD and i begin to love it more, i swear you gonna be the first to know about it..

trueblue
04-08-2006, 07:47 AM

hey mate, i forgot....you got nice ID...audiospectrum probably perfectly describes your <<<WIDE>>>> musical tastes...when i change my mind about DD and i begin to love it more, i swear you gonna be the first to know about it..

DeadOrAlive
04-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Too bluesy for some to handle. It's a real great collection too

hecate honey
04-14-2006, 05:58 PM
(first post).

I recently tuned into Roth's radio show after getting fed up with Air America's new morning line up. Although I had followed the celebrity of "Van Halen" I never bought an album - not that I didn't like the songs or read the articles in Rolling Stone, I was simply in to other music. However, now intrigued by the radio show and seeking a cyber community to explore this new interest of mine, exploring the music and matter of David Lee Roth, etcetera, signed up on this board.

I bought Diamond Dave the other day at the Virgin Store in Union Square en route to the Brooklyn Academy of Music to a "production" of Bach's St. Matthew's Passion. Underwhelmed by the performance on several levels (i.e. it was sung in English not German and the baritone singing the part of Jesus had manboobs). I returned home after midnight and restless with critical thinking, I put DD in the discman and within a minute I was grooving out. I particularly grooved on "Soul Kitchen" and played it numerous times before finding the cd cover to find out the name of the song. - Speaking of covers; covers/shmovers, what hits would Sinatra have had if he hadn't sung covers? - The only cover I recognized was the Beatles one and it's not like "they're" ever going to sing that one again (although that Paul can be very sneaky...). Dimond Dave is full of humor and partytime rock n' rolling bluesy tunes. It is very grown up, very knowing 'album' and ahead of the its time in a way.

Whatever Diamond Dave is, it certainly restored my faith in the "classics" that night after sitting through the frustrating Bach performance. If there's one thing Roth is regardless of the tune he's singing, it's classic.

DavidLeeNatra
04-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by hecate honey
(first post).

I recently tuned into Roth's radio show after getting fed up with Air America's new morning line up. Although I had followed the celebrity of "Van Halen" I never bought an album - not that I didn't like the songs or read the articles in Rolling Stone, I was simply in to other music. However, now intrigued by the radio show and seeking a cyber community to explore this new interest of mine, exploring the music and matter of David Lee Roth, etcetera, signed up on this board.

I bought Diamond Dave the other day at the Virgin Store in Union Square en route to the Brooklyn Academy of Music to a "production" of Bach's St. Matthew's Passion. Underwhelmed by the performance on several levels (i.e. it was sung in English not German and the baritone singing the part of Jesus had manboobs). I returned home after midnight and restless with critical thinking, I put DD in the discman and within a minute I was grooving out. I particularly grooved on "Soul Kitchen" and played it numerous times before finding the cd cover to find out the name of the song. - Speaking of covers; covers/shmovers, what hits would Sinatra have had if he hadn't sung covers? - The only cover I recognized was the Beatles one and it's not like "they're" ever going to sing that one again (although that Paul can be very sneaky...). Dimond Dave is full of humor and partytime rock n' rolling bluesy tunes. It is very grown up, very knowing 'album' and ahead of the its time in a way.

Whatever Diamond Dave is, it certainly restored my faith in the "classics" that night after sitting through the frustrating Bach performance. If there's one thing Roth is regardless of the tune he's singing, it's classic.

that's a great first post! "your way" into the truth of diamond dave should be now...crazy from the heat, diver down, your filthy little mouth, a lil' ain't enough, skyscraper, eat em and smile and then any other classic VH album and DLR-band...

do NOT buy any of these:

http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/5150_albuma.gifhttp://www.van-halen.com/newsite/ou812_albuma.gifhttp://www.van-halen.com/newsite/fuck_albuma.gifhttp://www.van-halen.com/newsite/rhrn_albuma.gifhttp://www.van-halen.com/newsite/balance_albuma.gifhttp://www.van-halen.com/newsite/vh3_albuma.gif

hecate honey
04-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Thank you DLN, so noted. Crazy from the Heat next.

This board reads like a lively crew to get to know and I'm looking forward to it.

DeadOrAlive
04-15-2006, 03:26 AM
Oh yes, you'll love this place dude. People will talk about anything here. It's totally great, and have a real good experience

DavidLeeNatra
04-15-2006, 05:46 AM
Thank you DLN, so noted. Crazy from the Heat next.

This board reads like a lively crew to get to know and I'm looking forward to it.

you're totally welcome! and yes...you'll love this place :D

DeadOrAlive
04-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Crazy From the Heat... cool EP or whatever, all the songs are good, even though there's only four

Loons The Great
04-16-2006, 01:42 PM
(first post).

That is one damn fine first post. Fo' Sho'.

DeadOrAlive
04-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Yeah, he nailed it

hecate honey
04-18-2006, 10:52 PM
(Fellas, y'all is making me blush with your pretty props).

Crazy From the Heat - So last Saturday, it was a gloriously sunny spring day in NYC. Had tickets to a matinee performance of Don Pasquale at the Metropolitan Opera. The conducting was a little en retarde but the singing was delightful and the singers beautiful to look at - Anna Netrebko, Juan Diego Florez and Mariusz Kwiecien have great voices, chemistry and acting flair which is so often missing in "grand opera" or other voices and musical productions. One could easily compare the three to a rock band rocking out instead of three international opera stars on the rise and rising to the occasion and the audience's expectations for the Met's Saturday afternoon weekly radio broadcast.

So, after the satisfying the senses at the opera I went to the Tower Records at Lincoln Center questing after Crazy from the Heat - sadly the store only had Diamond Dave and Skyscraper, so I bought Skyscraper although I knew it was out of order from DLN's recommendations (I've listened to it once and had an initial interest but the 80's production got on my nerves, so I will trust that it was simply too soon in my diletantism for an introduction to DLR and Steve Vai, words and music etc...).

However, later Saturday night as I was strolling through the village en route home, I decided to check the Tower Records on lower Broadway and there I not only found Crazy From the Heat but strange men milling in the aisles, seemingly without musical aim or opinion (alas 21st century 20 something males and their various social maladies and musical maledictions)....

I've heard the first three songs of Crazy for years and had been vaguely intrigued by the videos and radio play at the time (you couldn't get away from them) but I'd never to my recollection heard "Coconut Grove" and there is where the turn key fits, the magic follows. John Sebastian of course, beautiful vocal. Fascinating.

Wonder what I'll find in Divers Down...

audiospectrum
04-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by trueblue
'Very poorly written'!!!..huh?.....is that shorthand for 'disagree with you to death' ...i get the feeling that my post was just 'very poorly read' by you...I was far from one-dimensional in my point of view about Dave's musical choices...Read again, and you'll notice that i actually give him credit for having the guts and the honesty to trust his own instincts and take the musical risks that he always did. Especially the sharp detour he took with Diamond Dave (DD) after the heavy rocking DLR Band record....Give DD 5 stars, fine..I might give it 2 stars but at the end of the day we are both DLR fans big-time and Dave deserves fans as diverse as his own musical passions and influences....And hey, i love 5 songs on DD.
My main point was that i wasn't totally impressed by the overall results of Dave's cover songs fest on the DD album...I just prefer strong originals a lot better anytime...That maybe too arrogant for your types, but at least i'm not thrusting my opinion on you or others or saying that's the way it should be...And not everybody is so super casual about their musical tastes as to make a such a wildly over-the-top remark as 'fuck hard rock', not when we are talking about DLR...If it's "ALL music' in your head, then maybe you would consider hundreds of records out there that fans either hate or don't care much about to be sooooo 'under-rated' too...i love Ice Cream Man(so adorably Dave), i just said that i enjoyed the original version on VH a lot better, Eddie's guitar antics and the overall instrumentals made it a hit for me...You go around in circles when u first say that Brian Young is not necessarily a better guitarist than Eddie, then totally contradict yourself by saying Brian is better than Eddie....You obviously didn't get my point about how pointless it is to compare Brian with Eddie>>different eras, and poles apart in the actual music the two guys helped deliver with their guitars..And you totally lose my respect by proving how deep inside your freakin' veins that scum Sammy has gotten into....Can't you make your point without talking like some Sammy Hagar sidekick...RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW huh??...No wonder your philosophy is "IT'S ALL MUSIC, fuck it!"....

Well said good sir. I felt guilty the instant I hit the 'post reply' button because I knew I was talking shit. I'd had a shitty week, and I came on here looking to load off on YOU!! You're right, you certainly are entitled to let Dave know you don't like DD. I had another listen last night, and I still love it!! It's such a refreshing album and I like it's production and physicallity(!) a lot better than DLR Band. Dave's voice sounds a lot more in command on DD, and that moment in Blacklight, it's a total Rage Against The Machine rip-off and I can't help but cringe a tad. Still both albums are just magic to my ears, as Dave has probably his best lyrical content on DLR Band, but also his most mature take on the world yet with DD. Look I'd be perfectly happy if you don't even bother with that post, it's one of my lower moments in these forums. Why the fuck should I take it personally? I like it all, as well as so many other diverse bands and music styles. But (whispering behind hand) hard rock, big rock is my cuppa tea for sure.
As for Brian and Eddie, different eras for sure. I get my kicks listening to both. It's just Ed isn't really around anymore to enjoy. I've built up a lot of bad vibes for Ed over the years. But you're right. He WAS the greatest and I still respect his early work probably more than any other guitarist I've heard.
So I have no excuses for my post, looking back it just wasn't the real me typing. I let some boneheaded footy-brained alter-ego out of the bag and onto the computer. Please accept my most heartfelt appologies, and I promise to keep it more real in the future. Happy trails...

audiospectrum
04-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Diamond Dave is full of humor and partytime rock n' rolling bluesy tunes. It is very grown up, very knowing 'album' and ahead of the its time in a way.

A toast to a great first post. I think that's what speaks to me on Diamond Dave, it's very knowing!! Well said and welcome to the army.

DeadOrAlive
04-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen...