PDA

View Full Version : "Ya dig?" on John 5's new album

delta5150
03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
For more information here's the link:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - JOHN 5: More 'The Art Of Malice' Details Revealed (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137340)

Good news, we'll be able to see whether Dave can "still" sing, I say this cos it has been said by some twat that the Van Halen brothers were holed in the studio not being to get anywhere with Roth cos he can't sing anymore! (Yeah right!)

Hopely still'll shut a lot of Spammy fans :tongue0011: and piss over the lame Chickenshit, sorry Chickenfoot album

Anonymous
03-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh.

Shit.

You can't be in two bands at once.

Bye, Van Halen. Hello Dave?

Cheers! :bottle:

VAiN
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Interesting indeed... I can't wait to hear something new with Dave on it!

Big Troubles
03-24-2010, 06:58 PM
For more information here's the link:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - JOHN 5: More 'The Art Of Malice' Details Revealed (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137340)

Good news, we'll be able to see whether Dave can "still" sing, I say this cos it has been said by some twat that the Van Halen brothers were holed in the studio not being to get anywhere with Roth cos he can't sing anymore! (Yeah right!)

Hopely still'll shut a lot of Spammy fans :tongue0011: and piss over the lame Chickenshit, sorry Chickenfoot album

Fuck Dave aint no singer. He's alot of things, but he'll tell you he can't "sing".

He`s not Celine Dion and I never liked him because he sang like Jon Bon Jovi.

In fact i like him cause he doesnt sound like anyone else. Plus his falsettos are distinct and that whisper scream. Perfect.

The rest he can "talk sing". He could be taking a shit as he phones in the lyrics and we prob wouldn't be able to tell the difference nowadays.

So it doesnt matter if he can sing really. Unless the bros are worried he wont sound like the record on stage next year?

Cato
03-24-2010, 07:05 PM
also Billy Sheehan plays bass on it.... it must be a pre-event of the EEAS band reunion!

Dan
03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Sweet As.:D

Diamondjimi
03-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Sweet As.:D

Who's got a Sweet As?:biggrin:

Diamondjimi
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM
If the VH bitches can't make a record with Dave, they're pathetic.

Good to hear Dave is doin something. Too bad it ain't with Van Halen...

BITEYOASS
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Dave wasn't gonna fall for that baby steps bullshit again! :D

Dan
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I Have A Sweet Ass:biggrin:

How Rude.:D

steve
03-25-2010, 07:15 AM
the blurb does not say Dave sings on it (or am I reading it wrong?)

CVH Rulz
03-25-2010, 07:23 AM

You are correct. He is just saying he took the title from something Dave used to say a lot.

WACF
03-25-2010, 10:43 AM
"Ya Dig" comes from working with the master or frontmen David Lee Roth and also features Billy Sheehan on bass. "That is Dave's saying and it fits the music," says John 5.

I hope Dave sings on it...but I agree this does not mean he does...

ELVIS
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
He's not allwed. He's in Van Halen...

vaijuju
03-25-2010, 01:09 PM

If he wrote the song he 'll sing his words!

heartbreaker
03-25-2010, 05:21 PM
"Ya Dig" comes from working with the master or frontmen David Lee Roth and also features Billy Sheehan on bass. "That is Dave's saying and it fits the music," says John 5.

I hope Dave sings on it...but I agree this does not mean he does...

I also believe this means NO DAVE on the track. In fact, I believe John 5's entire album will be totally instrumental tracks. It seems to me that "Ya Dig?" is being referred to as a song that would fit seemlessly into DLR's discography if he were to write/sing it. John 5 wrote and performed this song, not DLR, hence why it's on a John 5 album and not a DLR release.

As long as DLR is under a Van Halen contract, I don't see him recording vocals with anyone else. We all remember the rift that "Crazy From The Heat" created in the Van Halen camp. I seriously doubt that anyone will be treading into that territory again any time soon.

diamondsgirl
03-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I am reading it that Dave's saying "ya dig?' was kind of the inspiration for the tune. Which is still very cool. :hitch:

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the ARMY heartbreaker.

78/84 guy
03-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Dave on someone elses shit ?? Ed will have a shit fit !!!

Anonymous
03-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Dave on someone elses shit ?? Ed will have a shit fit !!!

I can't help but have the feeling that you never bother to read threads before posting in them...

78/84 guy
03-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't help but have the feeling that you never bother to read threads before posting in them...

Whatever the fuck that means !!!??? If Dave wrote it he will sing it !! Ed won't like it !! Get it ???? If John took Daves idea that's another thing. Looks like nobody knows yet if Dave sings on it or not.

heartbreaker
03-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the ARMY heartbreaker.

Uh... thanks, TAKIN' WHISKEY

.... except I've been a member of the ARMY since 2004. Although I did spend more of my time on the DiamondDavidLeeRoth.com site as opposed to the ARMY up until DDLR.com vanished last year.

chefcraig
03-28-2010, 06:46 PM

You are correct. He is just saying he took the title from something Dave used to say a lot.

Nice catch. Although this flies in the face of some comments Lowery (John 5) supposedly made at NAMM earlier in the year. Then again, the fellow who reported this may have got the quote (and by extension the story itself) completely wrong. And to tell you the truth, I had my doubts about this deal even then. http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/main-vh-dlr-discussion/57719-dave-john-5-recording.html

Matt White
03-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I remember SPeddie on WRIF in Detroit around the release of the DLR band cd....

ED said Dave should "stick with that kid....he has talent"

JOHN 5 KICKS ASS

Seshmeister
03-29-2010, 12:49 AM
The irony of the record was that the one thing it wasn't was a band. It's a good album but it didn't move his career on much.

The other guitarists have their moments but I think it would have been better to have John 5 do all the songs and try not to lose him.

Instead he ended up with the tribute band guy with the bad attitude and silly wig.

Seshmeister
03-29-2010, 12:51 AM
As opposed to Brian the tribute band guy with the great attitude and no wig (to stop any confusion).