PDA

View Full Version : Finally! What every AC/DC fan has been waiting for!

Mr Walker
03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
AC/DC's 'Let There Be Rock' Concert Movie To Receive DVD Release - Mar. 25, 2010
"Let There Be Rock", the AC/DC concert documentary that was filmed December 1979 at the Pavillion De Paris, will receive its long-awaited DVD release in January 2011. Eddie Trunk, the co-host of the VH1 Classic television program "That Metal Show", was interviewed about the band's impact for one of the DVD's bonus features. He writes on his blog, "[The company which is releasing the DVD is] doing some cleanups to the audio and video and making it as high-def as the source will allow." He adds, "I can tell you I have an advance and it looks and sounds great, but they are making it even better!"

According to the All Music Guide, "Let There Be Rock" was released in France a year after it was filmed, though American release was delayed until well after the band had established themselves in the States with new vocalist Brian Johnson and the multi-platinum success of the "Back In Black" album.

In his review of the original "Let There Be Rock" film, Fred Beldin of the All Music Guide writes, "Director Eric Dionysis captures the excitement of the live show with an energetic style and effective close-up shots, though the staged interviews and sub-'The Song Remains The Same' fantasy sequences show the band to be bemused but not convinced by these attempts to add some arty depth to the proceedings. The highlight of the extracurricular segments is Bon Scott, radiating warmth and humility in these last interviews before his untimely death at age 33 from alcohol poisoning."

Rikk
03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
This is awesome. I've been waiting for this for ages!

Anonymous
03-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, Hallellujah.

About time indeed.

Thanks fer these news, Mr. W.

Cheers! :bottle:

hambon4lif
03-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I thought the "Family Jewels" discs were fucking amazing.
Now they come out with this.
This is a band that good care of their fans.....I'm jealous as all fuck!

Diamondjimi
03-25-2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/acdcletthere.jpg

I've had this on VHS for years. AC/DC has never topped this moment, in my book.
Can't fuckin wait!

Attn ED & Al. Wake the fuck up and release some vintage Halen!!!

sadaist
03-26-2010, 02:13 AM
It's both odd, and extremely cool that they can release something with the original singer without the current singer having a hissy fit. Other bands should take note of the class the Brian Johnson has in realizing the importance of Bon Scott. I wonder if he will get any piece of the sales.

Diamondjimi
03-26-2010, 04:00 AM
If Johnson is 1/5th owner of the trademark he'll probably see a few bucks...

binnie
03-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Thank fuck for that - this is great news.

When they were kings.......

ODShowtime
03-26-2010, 07:16 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/acdcletthere.jpg

I've had this on VHS for years. AC/DC has never topped this moment, in my book.
Can't fuckin wait!

Attn ED & Al. Wake the fuck up and release some vintage Halen!!!

Yeah I think I bought that at Blockbuster for like $2 a few years ago.

Mr Badguy
03-26-2010, 07:54 AM
I hope they`ve resynced the music with the film as some parts of the original were well out.

78/84 guy
03-27-2010, 12:08 PM
I hope they`ve resynced the music with the film as some parts of the original were well out.

Shot Down In Flames is way off in spots. Have a boot of this on dvd with full menus but still very dark. Ac/dc at their best. Will they add all of walk All Over You ?? which fades out for an interview. The whole version is on the soundtrack from Bonfire. Brian is all class for singing Bons songs and sharing dvds with him without whining. A true AC/DC fan. Unlike many replacment singers. Hagar tops the list !!