Just signed a new contract for my mobile/cell calls and
was thrown an Iphone 3G(s) for free ???

Im thinkin, ok, well thats nice....

So here I am back in mac world after a 20 year
leave of absence, forced to look for my "apps"
in the apple store (although I have read about the
jailbreak hack)...

What I plan to do with this thing that feels like you
are holding a fookin calculator against your face....
Is have a bluetooth headset, and an app that just
lets me dial numbers while its connected via its
USB cable to my PC..

ie: I can see a keypad on my PC screen that I dial
the phone number into...

I have the obligatory Itunes loaded.... I have also seen
some VNC solutions, but Im thinking, why the hell would
I want to remotely control the Iphone with an IP via
VNC when the farken thing is physically connected to
my PC ???

Anyone know of a PC to Iphone dialler app ??

Mucho grassyass if you do :)

Seshmeister
03-26-2010, 03:39 AM
I usually don't like apple stuff but I have grown to really like my iPhone to the point of being close to a bore with it.

For the first few days I fought it which you may do but it's best to just go with the flow and not get annoyed or try and find a way around doing everything their way. Eg the way you put a picture or ringtone on it is ludicrous.

Don't know about a PC dialer app but one I have been impressed with is Guitar Toolkit. It costs a bit but has a tuner and every chord and scale for a dozen stringed instruments.

That and the barcode reader thing. It's meant to save you money by allowing you to scan a barcode in the shop and then checks the internet for cheaper prices but I use it to check how much the SM has been spending when she comes in with expensive looking shopping bags... :)

Mr Walker
03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
but i use it to check how much the sm has been spending when she comes in with expensive looking shopping bags... :)

lol!!!

Anonymous
03-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Install ScummVM (http://www.scummvm.org/) & play Monkey Island.

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
By the way, LOOOOOVED the grassyass.

I'll be using it from now on.

Cheers! :bottle:

conmee
03-26-2010, 09:11 PM
What was the question? Oh, PM, so I downloaded the Apple iPhone Dev stuff to build apps, and it comes with a "virtual iPhone" so you can test run apps, if I come across a way to have an onscreen dialer I'll build it and let you know, unless someone's already built it...

Viva la iPhone!

That is all.

Icon

conmee
03-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Fuck me... I wrote a long ass post and somehow only the last sentence posted... goddam that is what I get for not posting more the past five years....

That is fucking all!

Icon

Seshmeister
03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
What was the question? Oh, PM, so I downloaded the Apple iPhone Dev stuff to build apps, and it comes with a "virtual iPhone" so you can test run apps, if I come across a way to have an onscreen dialer I'll build it and let you know, unless someone's already built it...

Viva la iPhone!

That is all.

Icon

Someone must have done this already but because there are a million apps it will be hard to find.

We've talked about this before but there are some fucking incredible make you a millionaire ideas out there with this thing, Tricky bit is the idea rather than the implementation.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-26-2010, 10:21 PM
a guy at work had an i-snort app, kinda funny.

GAR
03-27-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't know how he did it but my iFag P.O. has my GPS on-leash with his iPhone.

I'm thinking skype but don't quote me on that. I don't have a iphone and don't use skype nor know if that runs an app on iphone.

Panamark
03-27-2010, 09:10 AM

Viva la iPhone!

That is all.

Icon

Well thats damn Christian of you my friend ! :)

I write windows apps, but havent checked out the Iphone
dev kit... Surprised that what I want isnt out there ???