PDA

View Full Version : Apartment living, loud neighbors (Advice needed)

Dr. Love
03-27-2010, 10:10 PM
So I have some neighbors that live below me. They are clearly college students.

They have parties literally every night, some nights until 3 or 4 in the morning. Music blaring, people shrieking for no discernible reason, etc, etc. I've complained a couple of times to the apartment complex, and they've issued warnings and started issuing formal citations to the guy but it doesn't seem to stop him for more than a day or two.

I've even been down there myself to talk to the guy and he swears up and down he won't do it anymore and then 2 days later its back to the same old routine.

In fact, the last time I went down, I knocked on his door several times and he finally came out -- not because he heard me knocking, but because he had to walk outside to hear his phone. I told him that it was 2 in the morning, I had to work the next day and he needed to turn it down.

He apologized profusely and then proceeded to tell me that the apartment people had given him a citation earlier in the day and that he was very sorry and understood not to do it.

All of this, on the very day that I was hammering on his door for blaring music and screaming people. Either the guy is an idiot or he doesn't care.

In any event, I have to think at a certain point I have some recourse here; they are going to have to evict this guy, put a stop to it, or let me out of my lease (I'll happily move) but honestly I will have to read the entire damn lease before I know what my options are for sure.

All the apartment people will tell me is that they will issue him another violation and direct me to call the police (the last part is especially irritating, because it comes across as "not our problem" to me).

Anyone have advice that doesn't involve vandalism or an ass-whooping?

kwame k
03-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Do what I did when the neighbor's didn't get the hint........when I had to leave for work at 6am I was as loud as they were at 3am and made it a point to make as much noise and wake them up. 3 days latter no loud parties.

If you live above them pound around on the floor and make sure you wake them up. Hell, go do a police knock on their door and make sure you wake everyone up.

VanHalener
03-27-2010, 10:21 PM
"Give me your address there"

I'll have two Ranger buddies crash the party and shut it down for good. Check the records at Auburn University in 1993 and you will see they couldn't prove anything, nothing was broken, and nobody was hurt. Their emotional scars will never heal.

Rangers

Because sometimes 'Please' just ain't enough

VanHalener
03-27-2010, 10:34 PM
It's time to assault the place. Get online and order stink bombs: small ampules full of funk. Break and place under door or through on open window. Multiple rounds is the way to go. Nobody's hurt, no real mess, everyone OUT!!!

VanHalener
03-27-2010, 10:47 PM
This is war, remember.

Either take a healthy shit at his front door, or empty a couple of bags of used kitty litter at his door.

Remember also, there may not be time to wipe.

VanHalener
03-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Find a phone source you feel will not be traced to you and call for delivery from every place in town to his door.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-27-2010, 10:50 PM
What about the other neighbors around them ?? Are they complaining to the office as well ??

When I was stationed in Italy, I had an opposite situation... The couple below us, the wife especially, were completely anal about noise.... It was clear after the fact that they felt that they should hear NO noise coming from other apartments.... This in an apartment complex with paper thin walls and ceilings....

Our sons were still quite young, around 10 and 3 at the time, and even as we tried to somewhat appease them, kids are kids....

So even though we were making relatively no serious "noise", they sent a letter to the Housing Office, which caused a meeting between me and the other tenant (the man was much senior in rank to me, which basically fucked me).... Needless to say, our two families were not bosom buddies in the least, in fact we almost came to blows one time....

What I found out eventually is that these people had letters issued to the family above them (my family), the family next to them, and the family below them....

I swore that I'd never live in an apartment building again...

VanHalener
03-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Call your landlord slobbering drunk, say it's the noisey dude calling, and ask the landlord to come pick up his drunk daughter from your party.

Doesn't have a kid?
Tell him you are sorry to bother him and you are too drunk to remember which is over tonight, but either his wife or her mother is too drunk to drive and needs a
ride to get more beer.

VanHalener
03-27-2010, 11:09 PM
(even if landlord does not reside in the building)

Call the landlord

Say it's the dude calling

Ask landlord if he minds keeping it down.

jhale667
03-27-2010, 11:18 PM
I suppose this only works if you have a couple of 4x12 speaker cabinets at your disposal, but once in my first apartment in LA I had some hip-hop neighbors next door who would blast their stereo all hours of the night, and would not answer the door no matter how hard you pounded on it. I had been in their apartment when the previous tenant lived there, so I knew my bedroom was next to their living room...it was brutal. They sucked.
One night they were blasting shit louder than usual at like 4AM, and I had to get up for work in an hour or so; was not having it. So I pushed my cabs directly up against the common wall facing them, turned my amp up to about 5, tuned DOWN and just started chugging on the low string. They freaked and turned their stereo off, not knowing WTF the overpowering sound was, until I yelled "I CAN ALWAYS GET LOUDER THAN YOU, ASSHOLES!!!!"

They never bothered anyone again... :lmao:

Mezro
03-27-2010, 11:25 PM
In any event, I have to think at a certain point I have some recourse here; they are going to have to evict this guy, put a stop to it, or let me out of my lease (I'll happily move) but honestly I will have to read the entire damn lease before I know what my options are for sure.

Most leases are pretty much boiler plate; there should be a clause about "peaceable enjoyment of property." By not dealing with your noisy neighbors in an efficient manner, the contract (your lease) you signed with the property management company is effectively breached. Spend a couple hundred bucks with a lawyer and have them draft a letter to this effect. They should also ask that all your security deposit be returned in full. You should be let out of your lease with no problem.

Mezro...I did this years ago when I first moved to San Francisco...I got exactly what I wanted...good luck...

Guitar Shark
03-27-2010, 11:51 PM

All the apartment people will tell me is that they will issue him another violation and direct me to call the police (the last part is especially irritating, because it comes across as "not our problem" to me).

Doc,

Mezro basically has the right idea. The rules are probably slightly different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but at least where I live, tenants have a right to quiet enjoyment of their property. If the landlord doesn't enforce the rules of the complex, he is in breach of the lease and you have a claim against the landlord. Your remedy is probably the ability to break the lease without penalty, maybe more than that.

At a minimum, you should get the police involved. There are likely noise restrictions in your community that the police can enforce. If you have your lease and would like me to take a look at it, send me a PM.

Nitro Express
03-28-2010, 12:12 AM
We've all had neighbor problems. I plugged an old Hewlett-Packard sine wave generator into a 100 watt half stack and dialed the frequency to where it just squealed at high pitch. They couldn't win and gave up. It's a horrid sound. A real sound weapon.

Nitro Express
03-28-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm so far away from my neighbors it's great. I don't miss the apartment years at all.

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2010, 12:21 AM
I wish I could refer you to DDLR.com and the thread about my totally fucking psycho neighbor. She was beyond nuisance, she was dangerous. There were some CLASSIC suggestions in there about how to deal with her. Let's say, I'll be glad to send you several truckloads of dogshit, and believe me, I have it.

GAR
03-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Turn off the money spigot, man!

Send a letter notifying the management you send a check in, that you will be witholding rents and-or utilities (if included) until the problem is contained and that you have marked your calendar every nite this has occured, and will be crediting the next month's rent a prorata daily deduction for those days you lost reasonable expectancy of habitation for your pad.

This is a game of Tenancy Chicken: first one to blinks, loses and the court always sides with the tenant.

If Management chooses not to kick 'em out, yet threatens to evict you that's fine. Inform them you read your renter's rights online and you'd prefer to settle things out of court because if the judge hears this as a case he'll probably just side with you anyways and throw it out.. as well as the "monies owed" for unpaid rent. However you'd just like to get along with everyone if you could.

Because you can't expect a rent where a place is unhabitable. That's a sure term to get you off the lease too, btw.

Back in the band days, we got evicted everywhere from Downtown LA to WeHo and Beverly Hills, pure rock n roll scumbags.. on welfare, foodstamps, chicks supporting us etc. and at first I was scared outta my wits going to Unlawful Detainer hearings. Like the earth was gonna melt and suck up all my shitty gear and pictures and clothes and everything.

Then we won one here, settled one there, and ultimately landed on our feet.

If you pull the rent out, that usually fixes shit either way: the management wants to know why and starts talking to you, or they fix the problem.

my 2cents

GAR
03-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Spend a couple hundred bucks with a lawyer and have them draft a letter to this effect.

Fuck that. Let them spend a couple hundred on an eviction attorney!

I should write a how-to on tenancy problems and winning as defendant in UDR court petitions, it would be hilarious.

But don't spend money, it's not your problem if you cut off the money. Let them figure it out that it's their problem for playing games.

It's not your issue with the other tenant, it's their problem and they are completely wrong for not keeping him within his boundaries and doing their job correctly.

Another thing you could do is call the police at whatever curfew is over there, 11pm? On a Saturday nite? And just ask the patrol officer to knock on the door.

That either instigates a confrontation "man what the fuck you do call the police on me" or wakes the guy up to turn it down. It sounds like this guy is of the latter type.

Out here in LA if you disturb the peace with a party and the cops get called 3 times in a nite, they have to take a report with names. You can use that in your case. if it goes that far.

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2010, 12:28 AM
This is true, the best way is to keep a very good record of every infraction, and I'd suggest you start calling the police EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS. This will serve two purposes. The cops will get so freaking pissed off at the daily complaints they will force the landlord to resolve the situation, and it will create a paper trail that would allow you to take the landlord to court and sue his butt for violating your contract. Why not get a nice sum of money out of the deal whilst you're at it?

GAR
03-28-2010, 12:34 AM
I wish I could refer you to DDLR.com and the thread about my totally fucking psycho neighbor.

What happened with that when you moved, did she circle dance naked to the benevolent firegod that he got you out of her hair or something?

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
No actually she came up to me, apologized and said she realized it was never me who was stealing her stuff and harrassing her, it was the other neighbors. I almost smacked her.

GAR
03-28-2010, 12:54 AM
I plugged an old Hewlett-Packard sine wave generator into a ..

I left BBC Radio Sound Effects Vol. 1 - 4 on the boombox one weekend, all weekend.

This crazy mexican woman downstairs from me used to hit my floor with her broom "bonkbonkbonk" when I would turn up my little GK combo practicing. Id turn down, and she'd keep doing this.

So one weekend my chick came to pick me up for the weekend, I left the CD volume with People Sounds on repeat.

Come Sunday nite, I walk past the manager's office to go to my room, and the guys wife goes "do you have a woman in your room?"

No, is there someone in my room? Did you let someone in up there? What did they look like, I'm inquiring in my spanglish-spanish.

"well it seems there's a woman up there, the lady under you complained there was a woman crying and a baby, and they were crying all nite. and some arguing and fighting?"

Sound Effects/Various Artists: Authentic Sound Effects, Vol. 4 - Elektra Entertainment - WEA 61537 - 075596153720 - HBDirect (http://www.hbdirect.com/album_detail.php?pid=162064)

Ahh great - the sound effects disc. That was hilarious!

Dan
03-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Send GAR Around,He Would Scare Them Off.:D

ZahZoo
03-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Doc,

At a minimum, you should get the police involved. There are likely noise restrictions in your community that the police can enforce.

I'd second the getting police involved if the apt management won't do anything.

If these are college kids... odds are real high you'll have minors alcohol/drugs involved and that's a pretty serious issue these days. Don't even warn the punks... let them whoop it up and anytime after 10PM call 911 with the noise in the background. If they're loud enough and irritate the cops you won't even have to sign the complaint... cops will shut them down.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I agree, also give you proof 'cause the cops will document every visit...

Susie Q
03-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I will tell you what I did. It wasn't an apartment situation but the house next door. Calling the cops virtually did NOTHING. As the keystones that regulate the area here is a laughing pile of dog shite. However, what I did was get my ammo up. You got to have what I call a "Ace in the back pocket". There is a thing called the "Freedom of Information Act" where you can get a record of how many times the cops were called on this particular residence, and what for. Go to your city hall and get a copy of code violations that the building has if any. The bullshit that is going on there is intruding on your quality of life to which you do have rights. Have a petition that states all the problems these people are presenting and go around to the residents in the apartment building as well as the neighbors next door, behind the building and across from the building. Bring all this to the landlord, and if they refuse to evict these assclowns, you have a civil suit.

I did my homework when I had a quality of life issue with the assholes next door to me as well as across the street. I got a petition signed with over 50 signatures, the code violations of each home effected, the call sheet for the house next door from the police of the woman next door to which they stopped printing because the police station ran out of ink (no shit). It ran 50 pages long before the ink ran out. The code violations alone were HUGE on this particular home which the City Housing Inspector kept turning the other cheek as it were because he felt sorry for her. I then had all my ducks in a row, went to the common council meeting with my petition, code violations, report from the police, and list of issues. I made copies for each alderman/woman, the mayor, and then began to speak up and tell them that the residents of the street and surrounding streets which were home owners were tired of their quality of life being compromised and demanded something to be done about it. The next day, the fire department, mayor, alderman, police, and housing inspector were on the street and addressed the issues.

Bottom line, you have to have all your ducks in a row, aces in the pocket, and then strike while the iron is hot.

I honestly HATE the amount of disrespect scum bags have nowadays.

thome
03-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I have a personal rule after years of bothering my neighbors at the trailor park that my speakers will come down from 11 at 11 and after 1 am they must be no higher than 3 other than that fukk'em all.

But, I only do it once a month to 11 anyway .

I couldn't imagine being in a Apt, and dealing with crap rap and college guy music..

I have some get even ideas, but they are just to devious, pure evil...hee hee

Dr. Love
03-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Trying to find my lease. I've also been looking up the noise ordinance. In Dallas, they apparently don't even give you a warning for noise violation. They fine you on the spot, or if they think its egregious enough, they actually arrest you!

Awesome. He did knock it off at 11 last night, but only after it had been going on for 6 hours.

Igosplut
03-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Send GAR Around,He Would Scare Them Off.:D

Homeless bums shitting on the lawn usually do.....

Igosplut
03-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Errr, no.

Apartments can really suck, thank Christ I haven't had to do that since the 80s..

I lived in an old-ass house a town over that was carved up into four apartments. Land lords took up 2/3s of the downstairs, with a smallish apartment directly under me. The upstairs was divided in half with me on one side, and the landlords 90 year old deaf mother on the other (who had a perchant for burning toast at two in the morning setting off smoke detectors). The landlords were basically drunks that would hit the Jim beam about four in the afternoon so anything after seven they were cooked. I lived there for about five years, but the apartment below nobody ever lasted more than the years lease (and it wasn't from me making noise, even though I was in my twenty's I went home to get AWAY from partying).

One year this dude moves in. He worked at a homeless shelter about fifty miles away, and was a night attendant. SO, on his days off he kept to sleeping days and being up all night (his nights off were during the week no less). The second week of his time off he woke me out of a dead sleep with his stereo blaring away at like three in the morning. And not just loud, I mean REAL loud. I wait a few minutes to see if the landlords are gonna come out of their Jim Beam coma (no dice) so I go down there..

Never talked to the guy before, he seemed nice, I explained that he could play his music but he HAD to keep it down as you could actually hear people talking in the adjacent apartment's (that's how thin the walls were) I had to work in the morning, needed my sleep, blah blah blah. He says yes, he'll be quiet, so sorry, all that shit. OK Cool....

The very next fuckin NIGHT the SAME shit all over again. LOUD. All right, so I put pants on and went down BEATING on his door. He answers, beginning to speak, I tell him to shut up and listen. I tell him that if I have to come down there again because of the music I am going to KICK the door in, take the stereo, and smash it over his head. So, go ahead PLEASE play the fucking stereo loud again (this was when I had nothing to loose)...

He didn't.......

On another note, a riding partner of mine (now in the can) had a similar experience with neighbors/loud music/young guys in an apartment building. He warned them once and the second time took his 9MM and shot randomly through the walls between TRYING to hit someone (good thing they had the sense to hit the deck)....

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2010, 03:31 PM
On another note, a riding partner of mine (now in the can) ....

I"m so sorry your friend has intestinal issues and is stuck in the bathroom. Maybe if you gave him some immodium? Poor guy. ;)

binnie
03-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Sounds like you have some assholes in your midst Doc.

All the talk of fighting fire with fire from other posters is all well and good, but I guarantee you that a stiff letter from a soliciter and/or the landlord will be the most effective measure - college students generally have zero money, so any fear of homelessness and legal expenses will probably do the trick.

Igosplut
03-28-2010, 04:19 PM
I"m so sorry your friend has intestinal issues and is stuck in the bathroom. Maybe if you gave him some immodium? Poor guy. ;)

Silly girl..

He got 55 years, I BET he wishes he was stuck in a bathroom....

Anonymous
03-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Sounds like you have some assholes in your midst Doc.

All the talk of fighting fire with fire from other posters is all well and good, but I guarantee you that a stiff letter from a soliciter and/or the landlord will be the most effective measure - college students generally have zero money, so any fear of homelessness and legal expenses will probably do the trick.

And to make that letter extra stiff, be sure to write it in cardboard.

Cheers! :bottle:

Sensible Shoes
03-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Silly girl..

He got 55 years, I BET he wishes he was stuck in a bathroom....

That's a LOT of diarrhea!

Nickdfresh
03-28-2010, 08:17 PM
In my neighborhood, there's a house across the street that was apparently taken over by a national reality company and was rented to college students--and not just any college students--but super special community college students that drove really nice cars even though they were going to a local community college on the road to nowhere. In any case, I have no idea how many actual tenets there were. But they had huge parties every weekend night with cars going down the suburban block, and no mom and dad to break things up.

Their music didn't really bother me and I didn't notice much as far as empties and loud rap shit. But the crime rate in the cul-de-sac fucking SOARED!! My car (which I previously often left unlocked since it was worth nothing and had the stock OEM stereo system LOL) was gone through; and anyone silly enough to leave their GPS or iPod in their cars had the windows popped and everything of value looted. Mind you, this was suburbia you could once leave the doors unlocked and your car open with a neon sign on saying "rob me."

Anyhoo, my understanding is that several neighbors made it a local issue, and began religiously calling the cops and complaining at town meetings. Eventually, the kids were forced to stop having parties and couldn't even have guests over. They apparently trashed the place and the reality company had a hard time selling the otherwise nice house in this market. After like a year, the house has been sold as of last December and is undergoing extensive renovation.

Dr. Love
03-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I suspect I have a similar issue here -- these kids most likely go to SMU and are having their tuitions and their rent here paid by mommy and daddy.

I walked by their apartment today and their windows were opened. Looked inside to see an alcohol collection that would put some bars to shame. An entire wall lined with shelves filled with bottles of hard liquor.

Sensible Shoes
03-29-2010, 09:04 AM
In my neighborhood, there's a house across the street that was apparently taken over by a national reality company and was rented to college students--and not just any college students--but super special community college students that drove really nice cars even though they were going to a local community college on the road to nowhere. In any case, I have no idea how many actual tenets there were. But they had huge parties every weekend night with cars going down the suburban block, and no mom and dad to break things up.

Their music didn't really bother me and I didn't notice much as far as empties and loud rap shit. But the crime rate in the cul-de-sac fucking SOARED!! My car (which I previously often left unlocked since it was worth nothing and had the stock OEM stereo system LOL) was gone through; and anyone silly enough to leave their GPS or iPod in their cars had the windows popped and everything of value looted. Mind you, this was suburbia you could once leave the doors unlocked and your car open with a neon sign on saying "rob me."

Anyhoo, my understanding is that several neighbors made it a local issue, and began religiously calling the cops and complaining at town meetings. Eventually, the kids were forced to stop having parties and couldn't even have guests over. They apparently trashed the place and the reality company had a hard time selling the otherwise nice house in this market. After like a year, the house has been sold as of last December and is undergoing extensive renovation.

Where did these scholars attend school? E.C.C.? :lmao:

You have to be living someplace else now, I cannot see the Eden PD taking care of this. Or the town board.

Dr. Love
03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
To the one that suggested a guitar amp -- I do have a half-stack and I have thought about using it. I had a similar problem with a guy in college playing rap music at 4 am. The RA wouldn't do shit about it, either. One day before I went to class from 9 am - 11:45 am (and then lunch) I turned on my guitar/amp, turned that shit and set it against his wall, cranked it up and let the guitar feedback and then left it.

When I got back he and the RA were outside pounding on my door. We had a small chat between the three of us and that was never a problem again.

Thought about doing that here but there'd be a lot of collateral impact, and I'm not looking to compete for the biggest douchebag award with the rest of my neighbors.

Hardrock69
03-29-2010, 12:42 PM
I had only two instances of neighbors being loud. Both at the same address.

I lived in a duplex in the early 80s. My best friend (after 31 years STILL my best friend) lived on one side, I lived on the other.

1. At some point, some gypsies moved into a house across the street. Every Sunday without fail at about 10 AM, they would crank the stereo and play this goddam soundtrack album from the movie "Where The Boys Are" (1960). After about 2 months of it I could not stand it anymore. One Sunday, it began as usual. I had been up until 6 in the morning driving a taxicab, and was awakened by the sound of that fucking music coming from across the street. At the time, I had a Marshall JCM800 2 X 12 50-watt combo amp. I hauled it out onto the porch and faced it squarely towards the house across the street. I plugged a shit cassette player into the hi-input, put in a tape of Judas Priest's "British Steel" (made sure it was set to the song "Rapid Fire), and turned every fucking knob up to 11.

I Pushed Play.

"POUNDING THE WORLD...LIKE A BATTERING RAM!....."

After the song was over, I noticed the fucking music from across the street had stopped.

They never played it again for the remaining time they lived in that house (that I could hear anyway).

2. My best friend was allowing a friend of his named Carl to stay with him for a week or so until he found a job/place to stay.
Here is a pic of that very duplex (thanks to Google Maps). I lived on the left, my friend lived on the right:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zi3qyx.jpg

So my Dad had given me a Fisher stereo power amp that was no longer working. I sold it to Carl staying with my friend for like 20 bucks or so. He knew someone at an electronics shop who fixed it for free. I should not have sold it to him.

That year in 1986, Motorhead released Orgasmotron. Carl (with the now functional power amp) bought it. That night, he was drunk, and blasting it out. I had pulled a 2-day shift in my taxi, and was trying to crash, but could not.

I went next door.
BAMBAMBAM!
Door opens.

"Dude, please turn it down, I'm trying to sleep!"

"Ok"

2 Minutes later it is back to full volume.

BAMBAMBAM!

"TURN IT DOWN! I AM TRYING TO SLEEP!"

"Ok".

5 minutes later it starts again. Believe me, I love Motorhead, and love that album, but godammit! NOT WHEN I WANT TO SLEEP!

This time I banged on the wall separating our apartments.

BAMBAMBAM!!!

Carl walks out the front door, over to my front door and knocks on the door. I open it and scream at him:

"MOTHERFUCKER TURN THAT SHIT DOWN OR I AM CALLING THE POLICE!"

He then tried to throw a punch at me. I intercepted it and got behind him with my arm wrapped around his throat in a headlock. My back was to the street. You can see the front wall of the porch is made out of concrete blocks. The top of the wall is about 2 feet above the level of the floor. So I dragged him backwards until I felt the wall against the back of my knees, and with my arm still around his throat, I purposely fell backwards.

Flipped him over my head. I flipped over 180 degrees, and landed on my knees, he was laying in the middle of the yard flat on his back, kind of dazed, wondering what the hell happened. So I jumped onto his chest with my fist raised and screamed at him:

"GODDAM YOU IF YOU DO NOT TURN THAT SHIT DOWN I AM GOING TO BEAT THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF YOUR FACE!"

He promised he would not play it anymore.

He didn't.

The next day he apologized.

Christ!

Never have had any situations like that again. My best friend said the guy was drunk and would turn the stereo up even though my friend knew it was only asking for trouble (me).
:D

These days, I can only see one neighbor, and his house is 1,000 feet away. Not only that, my house is so soundproofed, I can turn the stereo up loud enough to have shit in my living room vibrating off the shelves, but if I go outside, you can hardly hear it standing 100 feet away.
:D

I have never lived in an apartment complex. Would not want to. All it takes is one fucking idiot falling asleep with a cigarette burning, and all MY shit goes up in flames! Not to mention stuff like the good Dr. Love is having to deal with.

GAR
03-30-2010, 03:15 AM
Homeless bums shitting on the lawn usually do.....

You're very mean. Stop doing that. I have feelings.

j/k.. fukkov!

Panamark
03-30-2010, 04:20 AM

PLEXI or JCM Justice !!!! :biggrin:

Sensible Shoes
03-30-2010, 10:42 AM
I want Hardrock to soundproof my next house. All I have to mute are barking dogs.

Hardrock69
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
LMAO!

Ooo baby! And you will pay me how? ;) :D

Nickdfresh
03-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Where did these scholars attend school? E.C.C.? :lmao:

You have to be living someplace else now, I cannot see the Eden PD taking care of this. Or the town board.

Yes, it was that fine institution whose sports teams can't play in certain zones because the school is little more than an excuse for political hackery, and yes, I fled that cow patch years ago...

Sensible Shoes
03-30-2010, 02:44 PM
LMAO!

Ooo baby! And you will pay me how? ;) :D

Well I have quite seriously been considering barter, if you know what I mean, but my self image is such these days that I'd seriously check out the realities of this situation before you sign on.

On top of this, I don't have a house.

Guitar Shark
03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
It could be worse. You could be Steve Savicki.

LoungeMachine
03-30-2010, 03:27 PM
It could be worse. You could be Steve Savicki.

:lmao:

There but for the grace of God go I......

chefcraig
03-30-2010, 03:48 PM
So I have some neighbors that live below me. They are clearly college students...Anyone have advice that doesn't involve vandalism or an ass-whooping?

Move to a better apartment complex, or buy a house. On the face of it, that sounds sarcastic and simplistic. But let's face it, if you are staying at a joint affordable to college kids (who are going to school and working), then perhaps your living accommodations could be upgraded. Yes, it's going to cost you more. That's what you pay for, as piece of mind comes with a cost.

And if you ultimately can not afford to move, then you are going to have to live with it. You are not going to change the behavior of the people who are merely renting near you, and taking a bunch of complicated legal steps doesn't truly sound worth the effort if you are merely renting.

I mean, come on here...Do you really think the landlord is going to care of your complaints or concerns? If anything, he'd be happy to see you leave, just to get you out of his hair and let him rent your place to another set of kids that haven't been on the planet long enough to know that they should expect better.

Yeah, it sucks, and I've been there myself. But outside of calling the cops every evening and potentially making yourself the target of retribution, you really do not have a handful of other options here. Just be thankful you aren't living in a ghastly condo someplace, where a private board sets absurd rules for behavior. Believe me, owning a house is much better of an option when it comes to neighbors. At least there, you have some recourse as well as the law on your side when things happen. Until then, you are more or less stuck.

That probably isn't the answer that most suits your needs, but it also is about the only realistic option you have. Get out of there, and quit throwing away your money every month.

Igosplut
03-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I liked my way better.....

Sensible Shoes
03-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey I lost my house over this shit. Don't give into the "just move to get away from it" mentality. If you like it there, fight. I walked away and the idiot bimbo psycho decided I was OK on the day the truck pulled out. This bitch was 1/3 responsible for completely destroying my life.

chefcraig
03-30-2010, 04:21 PM
The poster is living in an apartment, where you do not have rights that home ownership provides. More often than not, if you complain, you become the problem. Yes, there is a certain "just move to get away from it" mentality in place here. It's also known by the better name common sense.

LoungeMachine
03-30-2010, 04:24 PM
This bitch was 1/3 responsible for completely destroying my life.

I have to ask.......

Who/what is responsible for the other 2/3rds?

Don't answer if you dont want to. Just curious, as you dont seem like the "destroyed" type.

:gulp:

At least not in comparison to some others here.....

LoungeMachine
03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
The poster is living in an apartment. You do not have rights that home ownership provides. ].

Therein lies the rub......

You have moe rights as an owner, but also much more at stake with regards to simply moving.

It's a renter's market right now. Most houses can be had for what an apt costs.

At least renting a house affords you much more privacy, and no shared walls.

binnie
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
If those college kids are living off daddy's expenses, the apartment might not be what you are picturing it to be.......

jhale667
03-30-2010, 05:38 PM
PLEXI or JCM Justice !!!! :biggrin:

It was Mesa-Boogie Justice in my case...same result... totally out-assholed the asshole neighbors... :hee:

I still would've loved to see the look on their faces when their loud-ass hip-hop was suddenly, completely drowned out... :eek:

Sensible Shoes
03-30-2010, 05:54 PM
I have to ask.......

Who/what is responsible for the other 2/3rds?

Don't answer if you dont want to. Just curious, as you dont seem like the "destroyed" type.

At least not in comparison to some others here.....

Actually, thanks for that - I'm glad I don't come off as destroyed.

In fact, I am probably responsible for 100 percent of it. But the other things I was running away from? One was a gay boss with a vendetta for me, all going on within a bankrupt company being run by a hedge fund intent on running off all employees making more than 25K a year. The other was a bad relationship.

Hardrock69
03-31-2010, 02:07 AM
Well I have quite seriously been considering barter, if you know what I mean, but my self image is such these days that I'd seriously check out the realities of this situation before you sign on.

On top of this, I don't have a house.

Hey, who needs a house? :lmao:

Nickdfresh
03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Move to a better apartment complex, or buy a house. On the face of it, that sounds sarcastic and simplistic. But let's face it, if you are staying at a joint affordable to college kids (who are going to school and working)....

Or selling drugs and stealing shit while using college as an excuse...

Dr. Love
03-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Move to a better apartment complex, or buy a house. On the face of it, that sounds sarcastic and simplistic. But let's face it, if you are staying at a joint affordable to college kids (who are going to school and working), then perhaps your living accommodations could be upgraded. Yes, it's going to cost you more. That's what you pay for, as piece of mind comes with a cost.

I guess it wasn't clear from an earlier post -- these kids go to SMU. I live in Luxury Apartments (the rate for these apartments is $1800/month and up, the unit that I'm in and that the people under me are in being roughly $2400).

Mommy and Daddy are paying for these kids apartment. They are most certainly not working.

And if you ultimately can not afford to move, then you are going to have to live with it. You are not going to change the behavior of the people who are merely renting near you, and taking a bunch of complicated legal steps doesn't truly sound worth the effort if you are merely renting.

I intend to, once my lease is up ... in August.

I mean, come on here...Do you really think the landlord is going to care of your complaints or concerns? If anything, he'd be happy to see you leave, just to get you out of his hair and let him rent your place to another set of kids that haven't been on the planet long enough to know that they should expect better.

These are some of the only kids I've ever seen in the complex. The normal tenants come from a higher paygrade (combined income in the 6 figure area) and the vast majority are polite and well-behaved.

I suspect given the reputation of the place and the type of tenants they are wanting to attract, they are more interested in keeping me than they are in keeping those kids. Especially since anyone that replaces me here will likely be a lot LESS understanding of the noise.

I mean, bear in mind that while most apartments have community bbq parties, mine has wine-tasting and botox soirees. It really is not a kid's apartment complex. Most people that live here are older, some have grandchildren, some never did, and most are from the professional class.

Yeah, it sucks, and I've been there myself. But outside of calling the cops every evening and potentially making yourself the target of retribution, you really do not have a handful of other options here. Just be thankful you aren't living in a ghastly condo someplace, where a private board sets absurd rules for behavior. Believe me, owning a house is much better of an option when it comes to neighbors. At least there, you have some recourse as well as the law on your side when things happen. Until then, you are more or less stuck.

Not interested in buying right now. Just got engaged, when I get married later this year it may be something I'll consider. But given where my job is, these apartments are in a perfect location (5 minutes away) if expensive. Part of the reason I chose this place is that the price is prohibitive to most people that I don't care to deal with.

That probably isn't the answer that most suits your needs, but it also is about the only realistic option you have. Get out of there, and quit throwing away your money every month.

It's all about time. And I don't consider it throwing away my money for the vast majority of positives I get.

They're throwing another party downstairs, but as long as he cuts it out by midnight, we'll be fine. If he continues after midnight, I'll call the cops and complain. He gets three strikes and then he'll be evicted, from what I understand. He's already got 1 strike against him.

GAR
04-01-2010, 01:38 AM
All I have to mute are barking dogs.

I knew a chick you yiped like a dog once!

Do you enjoy Italian cuisine and long walks on the beach..

Hardrock69
04-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Not with loser junkie homos like yourself, fuckwith.

Anonymous
04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I knew a chick you yiped like a dog once!

Do you enjoy Italian cuisine and long walks on the beach..

And Gayr once again sets the standard for being a completely useless idiot...

binnie
04-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Dr Love. An alternative means of action might include one of the following:

1) Contacting the University, and seeing if they can help you in any way.

2) Ringing one of these kids parents - I'm guessing that Daddy isn't going to like hearing that the flat he's busting his ass to pay for is being used as party central. Surely a little detective work would quite easily yield a parental phone no. or address.

Igosplut
04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
2) Ringing one of these kids parents - I'm guessing that Daddy isn't going to like hearing that the flat he's busting his ass to pay for is being used as party central. Surely a little detective work would quite easily yield a parental phone no. or address.

SNEAKY...... I like that one..

Igosplut
04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
And Gayr once again sets the standard for being a completely useless idiot...

No bar too low. We need idiot points instead of groans on the new layout. He'd be king....

Hardrock69
04-01-2010, 03:27 PM

THAT is a good idea.

binnie
04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
It might not be that hard to pull off either. Simply striking up a conversation with the guy in the hallway would do it.

"Wow, college must have changed since my day for you to be able to live in a complex like this."

"Well, I'm lucky, my dad pays for it."

"Really? He must be successful......"

"Yeah, he works for....."

You get the picture....

Dr. Love
04-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Hmmmmmm

Nickdfresh
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM

Throw the old lawyer angle to the old man, in addition...

Mushroom
04-02-2010, 01:40 AM
I guess it wasn't clear from an earlier post -- these kids go to SMU. I live in Luxury Apartments (the rate for these apartments is $1800/month and up, the unit that I'm in and that the people under me are in being roughly $2400).

shite for that price you can pay a mortgage on a home

GAR
04-02-2010, 01:54 AM
No bar too low. We need idiot points instead of groans on the new layout. He'd be king....

I see I made a typo "you" = "who" yiped like a dog.

btw my SuperGroan button idea, was not your idea so don't barnacle my hull of geniousity.

plagiarist.

Igosplut
04-02-2010, 07:26 AM
I see I made a typo "you" = "who" yiped like a dog.

btw my SuperGroan button idea, was not your idea so don't barnacle my hull of geniousity.

plagiarist.

Says he who has been groaned 1649 times........

Igosplut
04-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Wow, 1685 now???

Busy morning for the idiot....

Hardrock69
04-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Goddamn, Dr. Love, that is a disturbing yet hilarious gif in your sig! :lmao:

Dr. Love
04-04-2010, 02:35 PM
So another party, another violation issued ... my understanding is that he was given a final warning and that if it happens again he will be evicted.

Sensible Shoes
04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Was thinking of you and the little tots last night. LOL