This story is pissing me off.

Strawberry Farmers Destroy Crops - ABC News

Discuss.
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

why?

discuss more.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

I guess I just hate greedy motherfuckers.

Respond.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

the farmers should let people come pick them for free. that way they aren't wasting money destroying them.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Blackflag
          Banned
          • Apr 2006

But then prices would fall. And they don't want that.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

sounds like they have pretty much bottomed out as it is.

Comment

• Blackflag
              Banned
              • Apr 2006

I guess every penny counts when you're a money-grubbing piece of shit. It reminds me of the farmers in the depression who were destroying food while kids were starving to death.
              Last edited by Blackflag; 03-29-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

There are very few calories in strawberries. No one will miss them, except for those fags who eat them with cream.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                  There are very few calories in strawberries. No one will miss them, except for those fags who eat them with cream.
                  ..after he marinates them in Mr. Pibb.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blackflag
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2006

People, strawberries is one of the finest fruits there are. Be serious.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So now you don't like capitalism?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Instead of just pissing and moaning about it, tell us your solution.

Are you all of a sudden FOR government intervention?

discuss
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Being local to this story (the fields are just down the turnpike from me), I can see both sides of this story, but it still does not excuse the actions of the farmers. For one thing, they drained local water tables so badly in order to prevent a loss by the sever weather we had this winter to the point that people's houses are falling into sinkholes. On top of this, the farmers miscalculated their planting/ growing schedules, making the situation even worse. Through their own efforts they have screwed things up beyond being salvaged.

The fact is, this surplus does not and should not need to waste away unharvested. Food banks across the country could make use of the fruit, and if not donated it could be sold at a reduced cost to suppliers of these services. Either step would go a long way toward repairing the image of a bunch of selfish, petulant crop growers whom have brought the entire debacle upon themselves. As such, they have no one else to blame for their own short-sightedness.

A local report on the story, from last week's Sun Sentinel: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business...5.story?page=1

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            Instead of just pissing and moaning about it, tell us your solution.

Are you all of a sudden FOR government intervention?
                            No, I'm not saying there should be government intervention, and I'm not saying capitalism is bad. If you want to destroy your shit, have at it.

I'm just calling a cunt a cunt. There is no solution for that, as you well know.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
                              I guess I just hate greedy motherfuckers.

Respond.
                              So then turn that anger towards the Health Insurance Lobby....

Biggest greedheads in the country.

discuss
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...