PDA

View Full Version : The Pacific

Unchainme
03-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone else watching this series on HBO? If you havn't, get off your ass and watch it. :).

I've enjoyed it thus far, though I hear "Band of Brothers" is better, but I really wish this would push for more mini-series done in a similiar style. Love the Spielberg/Hanks team, wish they would be involved in more projects, would love more mini-series from them on something like The American Revolution or something next.

High Life Man
03-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Wow. I just logged in to start a thread about this, and you beat me to it!

Incredible so far. And if you aren't watching in HD, you're missing the boat.

Glad to see 'Chesty' Puller - quite possibly the biggest badass in American military history. Surprised that they haven't made a movie about him yet - or his son.

$250 million price tag on this bad boy. Good stuff.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I think just the opposite... I think the series is fabulous, and it's much better than "Band of Brothers"...

For some reason "Band of Brothers" just didn't have the flow in it for me....

Unchainme
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
slighty OT, but

having had ran into a few reruns of the crap movie that is "Pearl Harbor" a while back, one thing that kept drumming into my brain, is "What if Spielberg/Hanks had been handed this project, rather than Michael Bay?". I think they would have done such a better job with the project, rather than the crap "Titanic with WWI as a background" plotline that was that movie.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, if....

I'm not crazy about all of the attention paid to Lackey (sp ?) recently, although they can't just keep filming battle scene after battle scene....

Unchainme
04-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah, if....

I'm not crazy about all of the attention paid to Lackey (sp ?) recently, although they can't just keep filming battle scene after battle scene....

Yeah that is true, but its needed to keep the plot going I suppose? That and seeing whomever the aussie chicks tits was pretty cool. ;)

next ep. should be better, I myself am psyched for when they finally get to Iwo Jima which should be coming in the next couple of weeks I assume?

atomicpunk5151
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Man I need to catch up. I am only through episode #2. I have to still watch 3 and 4.

Pretty good stuff so far.