PDA

View Full Version : obama creating more "green" jobs...

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Obama clears way for oil drilling off US coasts - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_drilling;_ylt=AkDFno9LfHxeKCyhIMcu_hqs0NU E;_ylu=X3oDMTNoMTZnYmNqBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMzMxL3V zX29iYW1hX2RyaWxsaW5nBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb 3MDMQRwb3MDMgRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9 yeQRzbGsDb2JhbWFjbGVhcnN3)

WASHINGTON – Reversing a ban on oil drilling off most U.S. shores, President Barack Obama on Wednesday announced an expansive new policy that could put new oil and natural gas platforms in waters along the southern Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and part of Alaska.

didn't he slam mccain and palin for being "pro-drilling"?

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 02:47 PM
This dude has no shame.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 02:49 PM
i think the american slice that thinks he's the antichrist may have gone up a few percentage points.

Satan
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Don't get a Devil started....

You know that oil is needed to keep the fires of Hell burning, right?

What the fuck do they expect me to do, go solar?

There's no fucking SUN down here!! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

PETE'S BROTHER
03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
there is so much oil from the greased palmed politicians down there, you should be good for a while.

Unchainme
03-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Drill Baby Drill LMMFAO.

auctually this was the bonus question on my poly sci. quiz today.

good for Obama, I'm all for this, the Chinese are already doing it off the coast and it would help ease our need for foriegn oil.

BITEYOASS
03-31-2010, 08:06 PM
This is Obama's bluff. Because once Palin tries opening her trap about drill baby drill, then Obama will say: I already did it! Then she'll just start sputtering up incomplete talking points. :D

Dr. Love
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
This is Obama's bluff. Because once Palin tries opening her trap about drill baby drill, then Obama will say: I already did it! Then she'll just start sputtering up incomplete talking points. :D

Agreed. I think this is at least in some ways about further neutering republican campaign ideas.

knuckleboner
03-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Agreed. I think this is at least in some ways about further neutering republican campaign ideas.

exactly. drilling? check. federal funds for nuclear power? check.

now, carbon legislation. what, republicans aren't for trying all solutions?...

Nitro Express
03-31-2010, 08:50 PM
This dude has no shame.

He's clearly in the pocket of big oil, the banks, and the insurance industry. The guy is a total fake and cocky when he get's away with his lies and scams. Obama will go down as one of the worst US presidents right there with the Bush chimp.

Nitro Express
03-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Who's worse Obama or Bush is debatable. Both are lying warmongers who could care less about the average American. I predict Bill Clinton, W. Bush, and Obama will have a threesome as soon as the big O joins the ex president's club.

FORD
03-31-2010, 09:20 PM

So what the fuck does that mean? Do we have to start running a Liberal against him now for the 2012 primary, so he'll start acting like a DEMOCRAT? :confused:

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 10:45 PM
He's clearly in the pocket of big oil, the banks, and the insurance industry. The guy is a total fake and cocky when he get's away with his lies and scams. Obama will go down as one of the worst US presidents right there with the Bush chimp.

I don't think he's done a single thing he said he would when he was campaigning. Complete fraud, and everybody fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 10:46 PM
So what the fuck does that mean? Do we have to start running a Liberal against him now for the 2012 primary, so he'll start acting like a DEMOCRAT? :confused:

Yeah, vote in another democrat. That will solve the problem...you'll show them! :umm:

FORD
03-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah, vote in another democrat. That will solve the problem...you'll show them! :umm:

Who would you rather have for President in 2013?

Howard Dean? or that dumb moosekilling cunt from Methlab Alaska?

Blackflag
03-31-2010, 11:30 PM
I didn't realize we already narrowed it down to those two choices. :umm:

Howard Dean won't even run, so you should get another centerfold to jerk off to.

FORD
03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
When I say "Democrat", I mean a REAL Democrat. I'll never vote for another DLC "centrist" phony again, for any office.

This is the platform I want to see from a Democratic President:

*Medicare for anyone who wants it.

*Immediate withdrawal of ALL military forces and "contractors" from the Middle East.

*Immediate reduction of Military Spending by at least 50%

*The immediate break-up (Trust Busting) of everything "Too Big to Fail".

*Fair Competition Legislation that lets Mom&Pop (small locally owned businesses and farms) compete with Big Box and Factory Farms on a level playing field.

*An end to "Free Trade"

*Organized LABOR and local co-ops.

*Women's Right to Choose

*EFCA (Employee Free Choice Act)

*Prosecution of rich American War Criminals and War Profiteers.

*An END to "Corporate Personhood"

*Strictly Enforced Publicly Financed Elections

*Transparent and Verifiable elections

*Re-Regulation with strict oversight of Banking/Investment, Transportation, Communications, Trade, Energy, Utilities.

*NO Public Money for private Prisons, armed Private Police, armed Defense Contractors, private intelligence agencies, Private/Charter Schools, or For Profit Health Insurance Corporations.

*Immediate Civil Rights and Equal Protection for ALL.

*Strong Social Safety Net and Consumer Protections.

*An end to The Patriot Act and a return to The Constitution.(especially Habeas and privacy protections)

*A refutation of the "Unitary Executive", and legislation to ensure it NEVER happens again.

*An END to Republican/Corporate influence INSIDE The Democratic Party !
(NO! They DON"T deserve a seat at the table!)

Blackflag
04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
When I say "Democrat", I mean a REAL Democrat. I'll never vote for another DLC "centrist" phony again, for any office.

You mean like the "REAL" democrat you voted for last time?

Wake the fuck up. The only "real democrat" you're going to vote for is the corporate shill they put in front of you.

Nitro Express
04-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't think he's done a single thing he said he would when he was campaigning. Complete fraud, and everybody fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

You know the old saying,"If it's too good to be true it probably is." Obama probably was really born in Nigeria (The scam capital of the world) instead of Kenya. We never really knew who this guy was and now he's president and costing us plenty. I thought the money poo was going to be a whopper to clean up and now we have Obama shit mixed with the monkey poo.

Nitro Express
04-01-2010, 12:46 AM
They should carv butts on the backside on Mt. Rushmore with shit falling all over the heads of Obama, Bush Jr., and Woodrow Wilson. That would be a fitting monument or maybe the three of them shitting on the US Constitution.

ELVIS
04-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Dean finally says what many suspected

By JAY AMBROSE (http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/opinion/perspectives/691111-263/dean-finally-says-what-many-suspected.html)

Howard Dean has come clean. The former chairman of the Democratic National Committee says our new health care act redistributes wealth and even concedes you can diminish the wealth left to be distributed if you go too far down that road.

So we’re halfway home to the truth, but then comes Dean’s excuse on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” that income inequality is just about the worst it has ever been and that some nudges in the right direction are therefore justified and without particular peril.

Thus our guru lapses into a leftist hallucination about the growth of the downtrodden while the rich are off to the races and into the comforting supposition that a new, massively interventionist, state-crippling, industry-crushing, liberty-eradicating, tax-’em-hard act at a time of unaffordable, unsustainable federal extravagance everywhere else is, oh, well, nothing to worry about.

It’s true that a relatively small percentage of Americans have a large percentage of the wealth. But it’s true, too, that these positions are not fixed – recent studies confirm that most people who are poor become a whole lot better off during their lifetimes, that many of the very rich become a whole lot less rich and that in fact the condition of the poor and the middle class has been steadily improving over the years.

The poor are not poor because the rich are rich, economic writers remind us. The poor are poor for a vast array of reasons, such as no special training in a society that more and more rewards the skilled and because of a high divorce rate that leaves just one adult wage earner in the home instead of two.

Increases in the number of the poor can be traced to legal and illegal immigration. Most of the people pouring into this country every year are going to struggle to make a living.
Dean certainly had it right on TV that when you throw too many disincentives in the path of those with high incomes, you lessen wealth generation – there is less hard work, less innovation, less investment. Robert Higgs of The Independent Institute writes of other issues – that ever-higher taxes on the rich also lead to more tax evasion and that ever more government assistance causes recipients to be less self-reliant.

Another issue: As you move beyond some reasonable degree of progressivity to a point of letting half the country off the hook while the other half pays for everything, you create what could become a major democratic schism, and we are almost there.

The top 5 percent of American taxpayers pay 60 percent of all income taxes and the top 50 percent pay 97 percent of income taxes. Even the lowest-income workers pay payroll taxes supporting Social Security and Medicare, but large numbers of them are now getting substantial reimbursements through the earned income tax credit.

At the end of the day, you have one group of Americans saying “give me, give me” because it’s not their nickel being spent, and another group getting ever more tired of taking care of everyone else.

I am not suggesting we stick it to the worst off among us. Even the flat tax proposals I happen to like would exempt at least the first $35,000 of income.

What I think is crucial is reducing spending overall as a means of keeping everyone’s taxes down and the economy up and getting past the leftist idea that golden eggs depend on no goose.

The new health bill would increase the Medicare payroll tax in a couple of different ways for individuals making more than $200,000 and married couples making more than $250,000. One of them would be to go after investment income for the first time.

The bigger issue is the extraordinary cost and intrusiveness of the whole package when most of its objectives could have been met prudently, without breaking the bank.

Dean may think we’ll get by with this one, but we won’t.

:barf:

BigBadBrian
04-01-2010, 11:52 AM

Ford, you're never going to get all those things. Never.

You're a left-wing extremist moonbat. ;)

http://hoosierarmymom.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/barking_moonbat3.jpg

Nickdfresh
04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Obama clears way for oil drilling off US coasts - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_drilling;_ylt=AkDFno9LfHxeKCyhIMcu_hqs0NU E;_ylu=X3oDMTNoMTZnYmNqBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMzMxL3V zX29iYW1hX2RyaWxsaW5nBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb 3MDMQRwb3MDMgRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9 yeQRzbGsDb2JhbWFjbGVhcnN3)

WASHINGTON – Reversing a ban on oil drilling off most U.S. shores, President Barack Obama on Wednesday announced an expansive new policy that could put new oil and natural gas platforms in waters along the southern Atlantic coastline, the eastern Gulf of Mexico and part of Alaska.

I hate this! I have no problem with off-shore drilling in certain circumstances. But this opens up a whole new can of crude:

-the resulting "windfall of oil" will be a drop in the bucket of our overall usage

-Obama's just doing this to placate the right so they don't block his mandatory regulations on automakers to force them to increase fuel economy and his environmental legislation

-much of the oil will be exported anyways

-the actual states rights' will be infringed as they bear the largest risk with often the least return

didn't he slam mccain and palin for being "pro-drilling"?

I dunno. But I thought I read in a different, related article that Obama has been largely pro-drilling as long as it was tightly regulated all along IIRC...

Nickdfresh
04-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I didn't realize we already narrowed it down to those two choices. :umm:

Howard Dean won't even run, so you should get another centerfold to jerk off to.

Maybe you, Dean, and Ron Paul can have a threeway...

Nickdfresh
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
You know the old saying,"If it's too good to be true it probably is." Obama probably was really born in Nigeria (The scam capital of the world) instead of Kenya. We never really knew who this guy was and now he's president and costing us plenty. I thought the money poo was going to be a whopper to clean up and now we have Obama shit mixed with the monkey poo.

I can tell that huffing is big where you are...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
he preached and preached about alt. fuels and cutting oil dependency. i guess he just meant foreign oil.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
-the actual states rights' will be infringed as they bear the largest risk with often the least return

very true, and very unfair to the states as well.

ELVIS
04-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Louisiana has oil and JOBS!

Cathedral
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM

I like that list, I'd vote for the guy who stands for most of that.

Especially putting an end to the "free trade" scam, that alone would solve a lot of our deficit issues once America started producing again. it would create jobs, not just "jobs", GOOD paying jobs.

I don't agree with the "Immediate Civil Rights and Equal Protection for ALL" unless you mean ONLY American Citizens and NOT illegals.

I also don't agree with cutting military spending by 50%. To me, that is just stupid when we have rogue nations trying to acquire nukes. I'm not calling for an increase here, i'm calling for a better military budget to maximize what is already allocated. BUT, if ways to decrease it without risking national defense can be found, I'd support that also.
Or better yet, the savings go towards helping our veterans with their health issues.

Other than those two points, I'm with ya on the rest.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
uote:
*Medicare for anyone who wants it.

*Immediate withdrawal of ALL military forces and "contractors" from the Middle East.

*Immediate reduction of Military Spending by at least 50%

*The immediate break-up (Trust Busting) of everything "Too Big to Fail".

*Fair Competition Legislation that lets Mom&Pop (small locally owned businesses and farms) compete with Big Box and Factory Farms on a level playing field.

*An end to "Free Trade"

*Organized LABOR and local co-ops.

*Women's Right to Choose

*EFCA (Employee Free Choice Act)

*Prosecution of rich American War Criminals and War Profiteers.

*An END to "Corporate Personhood"

*Strictly Enforced Publicly Financed Elections

*Transparent and Verifiable elections

*Re-Regulation with strict oversight of Banking/Investment, Transportation, Communications, Trade, Energy, Utilities.

*NO Public Money for private Prisons, armed Private Police, armed Defense Contractors, private intelligence agencies, Private/Charter Schools, or For Profit Health Insurance Corporations.

*Immediate Civil Rights and Equal Protection for ALL.

*Strong Social Safety Net and Consumer Protections.

*An end to The Patriot Act and a return to The Constitution.(especially Habeas and privacy protections)

*A refutation of the "Unitary Executive", and legislation to ensure it NEVER happens again.

*An END to Republican/Corporate influence INSIDE The Democratic Party !
(NO! They DON"T deserve a seat at the table!)

i don't care what party affiliation this person would have, i would vote for him/any "her" that isn't palin.;)

MAX
04-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Drill Baby Drill LMMFAO.

auctually this was the bonus question on my poly sci. quiz today.

good for Obama, I'm all for this, the Chinese are already doing it off the coast and it would help ease our need for foriegn oil.

Problem is a lot of us are for it and I'm happy he's doing it. What's funny though is his lying that he wouldn't. :biggrin:

Nonetheless, this is a good move regardless who's doing it. :D

However, it still doesn't change my opinion that I think Barry's a worthless turd.

ELVIS
04-01-2010, 02:43 PM
:brownturd:

Nickdfresh
04-01-2010, 11:35 PM

Yeah, low paying ones that don't offer benefits apparently...

Blackflag
04-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I've heard nurses make really good money, so I wouldn't knock it. Peckerhead.

Nitro Express
04-02-2010, 01:41 AM

Wyoming has oil and no state income tax and no deficit. We aren't closing schools here anytime soon.

GAR
04-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Ford, you're never going to get all those things. Never.

You're a left-wing extremist moonbat. ;)

http://hoosierarmymom.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/barking_moonbat3.jpg

No way. He's too smart to "get it" and thank you for being racist enough to point the fact out!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-29-2010, 06:19 PM
sooooo depressing:(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100429/ap_on_bi_ge/us_louisiana_oil_rig_explosion

The edge of a massive oil spill that's become far worse than initially thought in the Gulf of Mexico was expected to reach the Louisiana shore by Thursday night while officials, the oil company, fishermen and others try to protect the fragile marshlands from an ecological disaster.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-29-2010, 06:21 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/politics;_ylt=Aj4aTytdiWw2hMzU72SEW.Cp_aF4;_ylu=X3 oDMTBwcW11M2g3BHBvcwM4BHNlYwN0bgRzbGsDcG9saXRpY3M-

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100429/ap_on_bi_ge/us_oil_spill_obama;_ylt=AgDykAlQsw5HDb3_Q7PZB7uyFz 4D;_ylu=X3oDMTJuczM3NjNuBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNDI5L3 VzX29pbF9zcGlsbF9vYmFtYQRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fYXJ0aWNs ZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA29iYW1hZXZlcnlyZQ--

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100429/pl_afp/usimmigrationpolitics;_ylt=AsJMtUw2kh53uACmeTdiiPS yFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTJqaW00bmhjBGFzc2V0A2FmcC8yMDEwMDQ yOS91c2ltbWlncmF0aW9ucG9saXRpY3MEcG9zAzE0BHNlYwN5b l9zdWJjYXRfbGlzdARzbGsDdXNkZW1vY3JhdHN0

Nickdfresh
04-30-2010, 12:01 AM
I've heard nurses make really good money, so I wouldn't knock it. Peckerhead.

They do, in some states not named Louisiana, apparently. Cockslobber...

Blaze
04-30-2010, 08:13 AM
I like that list, I'd vote for the guy who stands for most of that.

Especially putting an end to the "free trade" scam, that alone would solve a lot of our deficit issues once America started producing again. it would create jobs, not just "jobs", GOOD paying jobs.

I don't agree with the "Immediate Civil Rights and Equal Protection for ALL" unless you mean ONLY American Citizens and NOT illegals.

I also don't agree with cutting military spending by 50%. To me, that is just stupid when we have rogue nations trying to acquire nukes. I'm not calling for an increase here, i'm calling for a better military budget to maximize what is already allocated. BUT, if ways to decrease it without risking national defense can be found, I'd support that also.
Or better yet, the savings go towards helping our veterans with their health issues.

Other than those two points, I'm with ya on the rest.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XZy6EEMrCU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XZy6EEMrCU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

ELVIS
04-30-2010, 09:18 AM
They do, in some states not named Louisiana, apparently.

We make good money and enjoy a low cost of living...

kwame k
04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
....and now you even have a natural night light ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoE82VIjqn4

BigBadBrian
04-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Howard Dean? or that dumb moosekilling cunt from Methlab Alaska?

Maybe Howie will scream for us again.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yshnhEHBtO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yshnhEHBtO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

GAR
05-01-2010, 12:39 AM
:brownturd:
We have a thread for political cartoons, bandwidth leech, use it...

Thissun?