PDA

View Full Version : The War on Childhood Obesety - Sammy Hagar in the news!!!

MAX
04-01-2010, 03:08 PM
One thing where I can actually applaud Michelle Obama's efforts!!! :biggrin:

Put down the McBassplayer!!! (http://abcnews.go.com/WN/ronald-mcdonald-group-promotes-childhood-obesity-retire/story?id=10248551)

MAX
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
On a more serious note, this is just dumb. :rolleyes:

Just as dumb as saying a camel in sunglasses makes a kid smoke.

Fuck, tell the kids to put down the x-box, go outside and play catch for fuck's sake!!!

It's not rocket surgury as to why so many of the little bastards are chubby. Firing Willard Scott's descendants ain't going to solve the problem.

MAX
04-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe I should've put this one in the front line or main? Fuck, this topic's for everyone here. :D

binnie
04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
It always surprises me how many fat kids there are these days - do they not have bullying in school any more :D

Seriously though, fat kid = bad parenting.

If your feeding them shit and letting them sit around on their asses all day, they will get fat, and that jeopordizes their health.

Satan
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
High Fructose Corn Poison, or really just the GMO mutant corn produced by MonSatan, is a huge part of the problem.

A typical McDonalds meal consists of a hamburger made from GMO Corn fed cows (or nuggets made from GMO corn fed chicken and that sauce that is on your Big Mac, the ketchup on the quarter pounder or whatever sauce you dip the McNuggets in all have more HFCS.

Next you have your french fries, cooked in GMO corn oil. And most people dip those in HFCS ketchup too.

And we'll wash that all down with 32 ounces of High Fructose Corn Poison Coca Cola.

They may call it "fast food" but it stays with you for a life time.

Little Texan
04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
When I was a kid, in the evenings after school I was rarely home as I was riding my bike around the neighborhood or playing basketball with friends up the road. Even when I got a Nintendo, I might play it for about 20 minutes, but then I'd still go outside and play some before supper. Fat kids weren't very common when I was in school, and the ones that were fat usually caught hell for it by other kids. Now it seems to be the other way around...fat kids are the norm, and normal size kids are getting to be a rarity.

GAR
04-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Why is Michelle Obama's ass four times as wide as her fucking chest.. but wears shitty JC Penny?

She could afford to wear anything decent to hide that wartime atrocity.

Sarge
04-13-2010, 07:41 AM
When I was a kid, in the evenings after school I was rarely home as I was riding my bike around the neighborhood or playing basketball with friends up the road. Even when I got a Nintendo, I might play it for about 20 minutes, but then I'd still go outside and play some before supper. Fat kids weren't very common when I was in school, and the ones that were fat usually caught hell for it by other kids. Now it seems to be the other way around...fat kids are the norm, and normal size kids are getting to be a rarity.

I remember never being in the house. Having 3 TV channels. No training wheels. You didn't need them. All you did was hold onto a wall or a pole and have at it.
Kids have it too easy now. They want everything to be easy

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

Igosplut
04-13-2010, 08:20 AM
I remember never being in the house. Having 3 TV channels. No training wheels. You didn't need them. All you did was hold onto a wall or a pole and have at it.
Kids have it too easy now. They want everything to be easy

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

I remember TV without UHF. Was a big deal when we got it. The Goul on Saturday night horror movies. Never mind training wheels, we used to set up ramps and see who could jump the farthest. Don' you think THAT hasn't come back to haunt me....

tojoro
04-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't have kids myself, but parents are afraid to let their roam too far from home for fear they'll be snatched, and in turn, put that fear into their kids...with good reason, as it seems priests, scoutmasters and such are pedophiles.
It's beat into their heads that any adult in their life wants to do them some kind of harm.
I think of how far I used to travel on my bike as a kid, usually alone, and I never had a problem, but I'm not sure if a kid could do that today.
Fuck, in the summertime, my mom wouldn't see me until six o'clock in the evening for supper, then I was back out the door 'til the streetlights came on, (remember that rule?)
Obviously we didn't have the technology kids have today, and it kind of isolates them. It prevents them from using their own imaginations.
I don't know if children have as many friends as we did coming up in the world, as they have to be shuttled everywhere, for fear of the worst happening to them.
I remember going to a department store with my mom, and I would go to the toy dept. while she did her thing...how many of you have seen children unaccompanied in the WalMart or Target toy dept these days?
Speaking of parents having busy lives, it's way too easy to hit the drive-thru and give your kids breakfast or dinner, or pull some bullshit out of the freezer and microwave it.
Mickey D's was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing for me. Not something that occured 3 to 4 times a week.
These kids didn't put candy & soda machines in the schools, or make items like nachos & mozarella sticks available on the school lunch menu...the adults who are supposed to be looking out for them did.
I applaud Michelle for getting this bullshit yanked out of the schools, and like Binnie said, it's bad parenting, as it's the adults who are doing the food shopping for the home, and letting their kids shovel processed crap down their throats.
But again, it's a different world from when we were growing up. My dad worked and my mom stayed home and put a good dinner on the table, and made me good lunches for school. Somewhere along the way, society got fucked up, as I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be this way...everyone just working their asses off and hurtling into oblivion.
Most of these poor fuckers will probably the cholesterol & gastrointestinal problems of a 50-year-old by the time they graduate high school...