PDA

View Full Version : Dave Discusses Why Michael Anthonyplayed tunes with Sammy and not him

Sarge
01-10-2004, 11:27 PM
I never saw this till now.. but Dave sums it up the way it is..
http://www.theywillrockyou.com/interview/David_Lee_Roth_Interview.html

Michael Anthony has played some dates with Sammy, and he’s actually playing with Sammy here in Nashville. What does that say about his willingness to come out and take part in the tour? And, will he play any tunes with you?
No and he’s not going to. There won’t be any fragment or piece meal. If Eddie or Alex figuring that they would just pop up along the way and tag along on the coattails of what we’re doing here, then they’ve made another error in judgment. When they or any other musicians that I work with are ready to crack the sky and do completely 110% the whole project then I’m willing to take the call. But, piece meal, well, we’re not really sure and then there’s suspense. Hey, if you want suspense take some valiums and smoke Marlboros in bed. You want some adventure, there’s better ways to do it.

Flash Bastard
01-10-2004, 11:39 PM
In the same interview, David said "Eddie Van Halen and his sister have wasted years. I’m about right now. I’m about right here.

Is he referring to Alex as Ed's sister? :D

Dave's PA Rental
01-11-2004, 12:14 AM
"Eddie Van Halen and his sister"

Thats hard core.

Sarge
01-11-2004, 12:22 AM
yeah that was funny!

TOM_5150
01-11-2004, 02:14 AM
Maybe Dave thinks Alex's name is "Alexcita"!!

Igosplut
01-11-2004, 06:44 AM
"It gets late early in this business"

Love that quote.....

SensibleShoes
01-11-2004, 06:52 AM
:I’m about right now. I’m about right here"

Oops! That had to be a mistake......

DavidLeeNatra
01-11-2004, 06:56 AM
alex behaves like a pussy...so why not call him so?

Gmoney
01-11-2004, 08:52 AM
He didn't have Michael Anthony play with him because he didn't want Eddie and Alex popping up on tour....like that was ever going to happen.
:confused:

Maybe he should have played with Anthony, maybe that would have been a way to mend fences with VH.

I did enjoy the rest of the interview though.

One Voice
01-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
alex behaves like a pussy...so why not call him so?

Exactly, both of the brothers act like asshole.

dtuna
01-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey, if you want suspense take some valiums and smoke Marlboros in bed. You want some adventure, there’s better ways to do it.

Love that!

diamondD
01-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Cool interview! I wish they would all open up to the inner workings as much as Dave.

Seshmeister
01-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney

Maybe he should have played with Anthony, maybe that would have been a way to mend fences with VH.

I doubt it.

I think Roth has talked to Eddie more in the last few years than Anthony has!

Not that that is saying much...

Cheers!

:gulp:

Panamark
01-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Its all or nothing for Dave !

Mr Badguy
01-13-2004, 09:30 AM
On and on it goes...(yawn)

Steve Savicki
01-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Tactful, stand-to-the-ground, and to the point. Dave can only tell it like it is.

Catfish
01-13-2004, 01:44 PM
The Eddie Van Halen and his sister stab is great!

Reminds me of a great Rothism: "Eddie Van Halen is a weakling and his brother is a triple weakling."

I love how Alex doesn't even get his name mentioned. THAT's a stab.

Sarge
01-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Catfish

Reminds me of a great Rothism: "Eddie Van Halen is a weakling and his brother is a triple weakling."

Or how about this one:

"Sammy ... I'm not saying that my era was better than yours.. i'm just saying I'M BETTER THAN YOU!"

Diva Lee Roth
01-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
In the same interview, David said "Eddie Van Halen and his sister have wasted years. I?m about right now. I?m about right here.

I thought he was referring to Valerie...:o

Figs
07-12-2005, 03:18 PM
You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?

Sarge's Little Helper
07-12-2005, 03:18 PM
You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?
who is sammy hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million

Hardrock69
07-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney

Maybe this would have been a good way to piss the sisters off....

:D

redblkwht
07-12-2005, 11:24 PM
repost the read someone..
that link sarge has is dead.
thx in advance!!!

Nickdfresh
07-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by redblkwht
repost the read someone..
that link sarge has is dead.
thx in advance!!!

Well, it is over a year-and-a-half old. ;)

Matt White
07-13-2005, 01:41 PM
"Hey, if you want suspense take some valiums and smoke Marlboros in bed."

HAHAHA!!!

BRILLIANT!!!

BREAST wishes Sarge!

baltimoreoriole
07-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
The Eddie Van Halen and his sister stab is great!

I love how Alex doesn't even get his name mentioned. THAT's a stab.

This is exactly why DLR will never be in a mojor rock group for as long as he lives. The guy has no tact at all.......

DlocRoth
07-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by baltimoreoriole
This is exactly why DLR will never be in a mojor rock group for as long as he lives. The guy has no tact at all.......

No tact??

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Dave has taken his share of stabs at the sisters, no doubt.

But if you put the camps head to head, Dave has clearly been the one to take the high road, thus showing "tact".

I'm through witcha. You may fuck off now.:cato2:

Matt White
07-13-2005, 04:19 PM

Yeah...ranting about "my FUCKING hip-replacement surgery" when MTV is trying to plug your "Reunion" & Greatest HIts Vol1 is the epitome of Good Taste.
EVH & his sister AVH are a couple of Kants.

Nice to see you're out of rehab!!!

Now...GET IN THE PEN!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

canadiandlrgirl
07-13-2005, 04:35 PM

oh great another fuckin' sheep....:rolleyes:
is redrocker.com that borring that you have to come here and start shit like that...

Terry
07-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Can't really say that Mike Anthony jumping onstage with Dave on the 2002 tour would have been all that thrilling anyway. Back in the day, I was barely cognizant that Anthony was even IN CVH (yeah yeah....Anthony's background vocals were an ESSENTIAL part of the Van Halen sound.......blah blah blah); think the most useful thing Anthony ever did in Van Halen was hunker down and act as a pivot point for Dave to flip over, as seen in the Panama video.

The Van Halens aren't disposed to do anything long-term with Dave unless Roth takes a pay cut and kisses their asses. The idea of Dave showing up and doing whatever Ed tells him to do clearly won't work. The output produced under the name Van Halen post-1985, when Ed and Al ran the show, is of no interest to me. Al needs to get behind his kit and stifle his yapper. Anthony can pump out open E quarter notes and yelp out backing vocals, just like he's always done. Ed needs to pull his head out of his ass and stop believing his own hype that the shit he's been coming up with as of late has been channeled through him by God (enough to make one convert to atheism); going back and practicing the entire CVH catalog might spark something. Top it off with Dave fronting and handling the press, and Van Halen might actually be worth listening to again.

Bill Lumbergh
07-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Terry

think the most useful thing Anthony ever did in Van Halen was hunker down and act as a pivot point for Dave to flip over, as seen in the Panama video.

LMFAO! Classic...........

VonHalen
07-14-2005, 04:12 PM
cool interview

Nickdfresh
07-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by baltimoreasshole
This is exactly why I enjoy having sex with other men. The girls have no meat at all.......

JBall008
07-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Good interview.

Really, it might have given Dave more leverage to have Mike come out and join him for a tune or two.....

SNIPER
07-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
In the same interview, David said "Eddie Van Halen and his sister have wasted years. I’m about right now. I’m about right here.

God fucking damit he is sooo right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have waisted years in a time when they need to be pumping out albums and touring like fuck wuth Dave ofcourse!!!! Im sooo fucking pissed with Ed. He is not getting younger, this is prime time to quit being a fuck bag and kick all of our asses agan. Those motherfuckers owe me at least 3 albums and tours in 3 years!!! Like the old days. Now that would be something. God damit!

SNIPER
07-16-2005, 03:00 PM
oops. I fucked that up.